Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] New and Strange, yet wonderful (Vurl x Hana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:50 am
User Image

(Figured since one is after the ball, why not one before it) XP

Vurlymakipvearox found himself wondering after the Jini pride fell apart. He soon found himself along a very different scenery. While before, it was a mountain, cool brisk air, now he was on a beach with sand between his toes. It was quite different, but he couldn't help but like it. But today was far different than anything he had ever known. There was some sort of ball that everyone was taking about.

He was curious on what was going to happen. He must have come to the land just in time to see this, though from what he hears from others was it happened fairly often between this pride and another. He had walked with the other lions to where the event was taking place, now he was wondering around the crowd to get an idea of what was what. He could tell those from Bahari, and those from the other pride. It was amazing how different everyone looked. Vurl stood out, he hadn't yet gotten the messy look of Bahari. His mane was still sleek and nice.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:05 pm
User Image

It was a beautiful, warm day - perfect for the Mummer's Ball. Lions from the neighbouring pride were beginning to filter slowly into the Kizi's main camp area, joining those gypsies who had left their dens to help prepare. Hana, of course, had been hanging about since around the same time as everything had first started. Not that it was required of her to be present early, but she did have to be here, and she couldn't be bothered to find things to waste time until the party was in full swing. So, here she was, lending a paw in the setup where required, but mostly watching those that were arriving. Try as she might, Hana couldn't keep the Patron inside of her from always being alert; it was in her nature to scrutinize and determine potential threats.

Maybe that was the reason she so easily picked out a gray and white male that she definitely hadn't seen before. The newcomer filed in with a large group of Bahari, which would have been odd for a rogue, but he didn't look or smell like their neighbours. In Hana's mind, there were two possibilities - either he was a new member to the Bahari, or he had some reason to try to sneak in among them. While the former was something to be celebrated, the latter definitely needed to be investigated. Who better to do it than a royal and a Patron?

Trying to keep the whole confrontation amicable, Hana strode confidently over to the strange male.
"Welcome to the Kizingo'Zaa. I haven't seen you around before; where are you visiting from?" Hana tried to keep her tone neutral, but her protectiveness was probably obvious. Best to get this out of the way quickly before she came across as hostile to a party guest.

I Lady Kiya I

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:30 pm
Vurlymakipvearox was surprised to be addressed fast, but he couldn't blame anyone for asking about him. He looked nothing like the pride he came with and he still smelled like the mountains from the last place he came. He looked at her with a clueless look at first, then finally he shook his head. "I came with Bahari." He said with a nod.

He might have found it rude, but he didn't even think that it might have been rude. "This is my first event, so I don't think there is a possible way for you to have met me." He said smiling. "I am new to Bahari, and it seems I came in the perfect time to get to know the pride we're aligned with." He was interested with all aspects of his new found pride. He didn't take much interest in the pride he was before.

Having getting lost from his own family, he had went in search of a place to stay after the fact. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet." he gave a bow to the female before him, having learned to treat all with respect. "I'm Vurlymakipvearox." He said looking at her. He was clueless who she was, but he figured she was someone of some sort of importance. Noticing how other lions were looking at her in a way that might suggest she was high ranked. It was the small details he liked paying attention to.

"Perhaps you can give me a tour of this area?" He suggested.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:26 pm
I Lady Kiya I

At the original response, Hana had to bite her tongue - figuratively, of course. I can see you came with the Bahari, she snarled in her head, but thought it best to keep her sarcasm to herself. As a Patron, that sort of response would have suited well, but as a member of the royal family welcoming newcomers to the Mummer's Ball, it wouldn't do.

Hana was happy she had waited after hearing the next part. Not a good idea to be at the throats of new allies. She relaxed visibly; she had managed to keep her fur smooth, but her muscles had been tensed - just in case. Patrons never sleep. The courteous bow and polite introduction only furthered her approval, though she'd still be keeping an eye on him for a bit.

At Vurl's question, Hana smiled. "But of course," the dark lioness responded. While she didn't bow - it wasn't in her nature - she did blink slowly and give a small nod. "A warm welcome for a new neighbour. Come, I'll point out any members of my own pride that you should know."

Hana turned and padded back toward where her pridemates were setting up the bonfires and merchants were laying out wares, looking back over her shoulder to ensure the newcomer was following. Smart to stick with him myself until I can be absolutely sure about this one.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:33 am
Vurl was completely oblivious to the suspicion she was giving him. In fact, he thought she was being completely hospitable. "Oh, and you don't need to say my full name, I know it's a bit of a mouthful" He chuckled "You may call me whatever you wish, most call me Vurl" He padded along side her and looked about as they moved. "I'm just getting accustomed to Bahari." He continued. He couldn't help but ramble on sometimes. "By the way, thank you for taking the time in showing me around!"

"You're quite nice," he said with a smile and a nod looking back at her. "I was a bit skeptical, I must say. Afraid, if you will." he started. "I guess I just didn't know what to expect." He shook his head. "This is all new to me." He was more of an open book that most would thing. "See, I came from the Jini lands, mountains, so this setting is completely different." Sometimes he forgot to take a breath between words. "The sand is a good change from hard rock." he laughed.

"Have you traveled much to the mountains." He asked her.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:18 pm
Hana chuckled and gave Vurl a sidelong smirk. "Well, that's a relief. I was planning on avoiding the use of your name entirely until I could invent a suitable nickname," she teased, only half-joking. She really had been dreading trying to say the gray male's entire name without tripping over her tongue. "Vurl it is. And, I assure you, it's my pleasure to show off my home."

Hana pointed out the main area for the ball and then motioned to each sector of the area and explained what would be going where - where the merchants would set up, where the stage was going, where the fires and dancing would take place. The dark lioness was very surprised when her companion blurted out a compliment, a surprise which melted away into amusement as Vurl elaborated.

"Well, thank you," Hana chuckled. "If we were meeting under different circumstances, you'd have reason to be afraid, but all are welcome at the Ball until they demonstrate otherwise." Her voice was level as she said the words, but she hoped that the implied meaning would be noticed if this stranger had ill intentions.

"Being a Patron, I don't do much travelling, and I don't go far. I need to be close to home in case any threats arise. However, we do have cliffs around here, so I can agree that the sand feels much nicer than the stone, even if it does get caught in your fur."

This newcomer sure did talk a lot, and he seemed rather nervous, a fact that helped to calm Hana even further. His nerves indicated that he either wanted to make a good impression, or was worked up about some devious plan - but a nervous foe was easy to beat. Combine that with his chattiness, and she doubted he was dangerous. The guardian in Hana could rest easy now, after deciding that Vurl was just a new neighbour.

| Lady Kiya |

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:53 am
He gave a chuckle at her response. That was part of the reason he said a nickname. Not that he cared if someone said his name wrong, it just allowed to avoid any type of embarrassment that was to come with it. He had learned when he picked his new name it was best to just keep it short and sweet except when first introducing himself. Though when he was a cub he had a long name too. He had forgotten what it was, though. It'd been so long, and he had enjoyed the new name.

"Oh, that's a shame." He said with a smile. He loved to travel, though now he was in a pride again and traveling will be less and less. He had gotten use to that though. He had decided it was time to settle down somewhere and be apart of something that meant something. "It make sense though," he continued. "No sense to have a guardian that leaves the pride." He decided cliffs would be good enough to show how better sand was than rock. He was satisfied with her answer and he nodded with a smile. "I don't mind it getting caught in my fur." He said openly

Sometimes he didn't realize how much he talked, but he wouldn't care if he did know he talked alot. It kept things from getting uncomfortable and silent. Last thing he needed was uncomfortable silence to make his nerves worse. "I'm now a hunter, so I can still get out of the pride time to time, apart from events like this" He said with a smile. "That way I can still enjoy the land, but also become useful" He had heard his father made a pride somewhere, but that was only rumors.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:47 am
"It isn't so bad," Hana shrugged. She loved her home, and had never any wanderlust to speak of. Not that she didn't find the outside world interesting; she just didn't want to leave. The stories and items that the Thieves brought back and the "traveling" she did when she was picked for a hunt were sufficient to her. She smiled. "I guess you could say I'm one Gypsy that isn't much for wandering."

Hana nodded at Vurl's assessment. In her eyes, the hunters of a pride were highly useful. "I do agree; the most I've seen of the lands was seen on hunts. Patrols don't often take me outside of pridal lands, after all, and the hunts sometimes bring us into the rogue lands. Speaking of. Where are you from, Vurl? And what brought you to the Bahari?"

Genuine curiosity fueled her questions now; Hana had put to rest her initial suspicions and was just trying to get to know the Bahari's new member.

| Lady Kiya|

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:14 pm
He smiled at her and listened. It was very interesting how different everyone could be and he did enjoy hearing stories of how others felt and what their thought on things were. This conversation was very intriguing to him. He was half surprised her question didn't come up sooner, seeing as she was a guardian of sorts. But he supposed she was probably just being hospitable and respectful of their conversation. He didn't think too much on it.

"Originally, I was a rogue with my family." he started off simply, "Then I joined a pride that resonated in the mountains when I got separated from most of my family. One of my sisters and brothers joined the pride with me." He explained, and continued, "Then I decided to go looking for my parents when the pride fell apart in sorts, but instead I found a little peace of heaven." Was the best way he could explain it. "So, I decided that perhaps it was my time to start my own story than live in another."

Even though he missed his family, he needed to move on and accept he might not see them again. Even if it was quite painful. Something brought him here, after all.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:55 am
"Your parents live around here? Are they part of a pride?" Hana asked, before she could think about a more graceful way to say it. It occurred to her afterward that Vurl may not enjoy talking about his family, or possibly even know the answers. Oh, well; she was already in it. "I only ask because I might recognize their names."

Another thing he may not even know. Look who's on a roll. she thought sarcastically.

I Lady Kiya I
So, if you're still up for the match, I prefer Hana with Kisara. I'll definitely still finish this rp, though.

How many rps does Kisara have again?

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:01 pm
He grinned. He had no issues with talking about his parents. "Well, I heard rumors they have a pride." he said unsure if they were true. "I was told they were on a mountain, which is why I ended up where I did" He continued, "But now I have given up looking for them." He added. Not that it was a bad thing. "See, I see it as I shouldn't live in their story and should make my own."

"They're Urza and Natintrapa." He said with a smile. He was proud of his parents, and didn't mind showing it. They had been good to him, and he had left them when he was old enough like most lions did looking for their own purpose. Of course, it made sense to venture out and explore. Perhaps he should have stayed with them, but he was sure they were doing just as well as he, if not better.

Rennekae

He has... not many. xP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:14 pm
Hana nodded in response, as she didn't really have anything to say. While she could imagine leaving her pride and her family behind, she could never imagine wanting to, and she most certainly wouldn't give up the search for them if they were separated. The dark lioness understood, however, that everyone was different and in no way judged Vurl for his decision. It was, after all, a fairly common one out in the Rogue Lands, and even happened within prides from time to time.

"I definitely don't recognize the names, no surprise," she smiled. Having decided that this new lion was no threat and concluding the tour during their conversation, it occurred to Hana that she should probably return to her other duties - especially with the odd look her father was throwing her way. "Here's to hoping your story becomes legend, Vurl. Unfortunately, I must continue to handle my responsibilities. It was nice to meet you, and welcome to the Mummer's Ball."

With a low bow and a sly grin, Hana excused herself and went back to helping with set up and greeting, assuring Vurl that he could approach at any time if he wished to talk again.

| Lady Kiya |
So that's it for me. smile
If you'd still like, we can start up another one with Kisara and Hana. Maybe that hunting/fishing trip?
Let me know!

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:51 am
He smiled and nodded to her. Letting her get to her job duties. He didn't notice she was being given weird looks, but he wasn't really paying attention to those about the area. She had showed him enough to where he might not get lost getting back to the rest of his group. Of course, that wasn't 100% sure thing. If he needed, he'd ask for directions of those that looked like they were in this area.

With her leaving him, he turned towards the way they had been walking, to head back to where he needed to be. Today had been eventful, and he was exhausted.

Rennekae
Oh!!! Start one up when you're ready. ^^ I won't be available to respond on Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays, every other Wednesdays though. Long work shifts.

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games