Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:53 pm
User Image

As the performance came to a close and the assembled lions moved off to socialize or partake in the various other party activities, the small group Hana had been sitting with began to disperse. After checking in with Paranoia and politely dismissing herself, the dark lioness padded off to see if she couldn't find her parents.

Hana hadn't made it more than a few tail-lengths before she looked back over her shoulder; while she may seem all rough-and-tumble, the Patron was actually pretty kind-hearted, and she had a soft spot for the anxiety-ridden Alchemist. She was absolutely overjoyed to see that Farce had approached Paranoia, and the two were getting along. Fairly well, if she said so herself.

Smiling, Hana turned back and started to look for her parents. She caught sight of them, but not before catching an interesting scent. She knew the scent of the Bahari well enough by now, but she liked the underlying personal scent of this one - and when she turned her head to locate the source, she liked it even more.

All the Bahari looked a bit disheveled from all the salt, but the messy look really suited this one. And that blue! What a striking pelt. Hm. I'm going to go introduce myself. After all, I am royalty of the pride, I should get to know our allies. Especially the good looking ones. With a brief glance back at her parents - and a mental note to eventually actually go speak to them - she turned and strode over confidently.

"Hi there. I'm Hana. Is this your first time attending the Mummer's Ball?"

| Lady Kiya |

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 am
User Image

Kisara hadn't really talked to anyone from the other pride. He was much more shy than he totally expected. He felt a little uncomfortable around so many new faces, though everyone else seemed to have fun. He smiled as lions passed and smiled at him, but no one actually stopped to talk to him. He had lost sight of his sisters and parents a while ago. They were enjoying themselves, he was sure.

He stood, glancing about, unsure of what to actually do. Though, not too soon later a voice seemed to flow to his ears. He turned to where it was coming from. At first, it was a surprise to see that someone was talking to him, and that he half thought she wasn't. "Are you talking to me?" He asked politely.

He gave a smirk and tried to sit, but in doing so almost fell on his side, catching himself, he hoped she didn't notice that. He cleared his throat. "Not the first, no." Though he was normally home before the ending of the show. Today was the first time he stayed through the whole thing. Not that he wouldn't have before. He had just been sick the other times he had gone. Strange enough. Perhaps the sickness was nerves?

"And yourself?" He had never seen her before, but that wasn't saying much. He didn't really recall anyone he had seen.

Rennekae

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:03 pm
Hana quirked an eyebrow at the male, initially a little taken aback by his question, then flicked one ear and smiled in charmed amusement. Though there were lions all around them, they were all milling about in their own groups, and it was quite obvious to her that he was her target. She glanced to either side in an overstated manner before responding with a gently teasing, "Yeeess.".
Her smile only broadened when her new acquaintance seemed to nearly topple over for no apparent reason. Hana was surprised to realize that she found his ungainliness appealing; for some reason, it made him all the more attractive.

"Uhm, no. I've attended every one so far. I'm not really allowed to miss these kinds of things," Hana had to admit it was weird, but nice, to not be recognized as a "royal". "My parents prefer me to make an appearance. You know, you never did tell me your name."

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:21 pm
He gave a sheepish smile and chuckled at himself. "Oh! I just am not use to someone addressing me!" he tired to fit in, but he felt that he stuck out so much. Especially since when he looked around with the lioness they both seemed the only two not in a slightly bigger group. He finally sat without falling over, though he had also relaxed a bit more. She seemed nice, and was rather cute.

That seemed a silly request from parents. "Wouldn't they rather you do what you wanted?" he was confused on the matter, though then again he was completely oblivious of her linage. "I mean, I'm not really accustomed to your pride." he said in an apologetic tone. He didn't mean to be rude with his question, he shouldn't have spoken up like that. If lions could blush, he'd be a rather deep shade of red.

"Oh! Sorry!" he said with a chuckle. "I'm Kisara!" he said inclining his head towards the other.

Rennekae

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:04 pm
Hana cocked her head at the blue lion's response - partially because it confused her that a lion could be unfamiliar with others speaking to them and seem to find it so normal, and partially because his smile was very dashing. At his question, she righted her head and smiled.

"Well, it's not quite like that. And it isn't really a pridal thing; no one is forced to attend if they're really against it, it's just encouraged. But, in my case, it's encouraged a bit more forcefully, what with my mother being the Gypsy Queen."

Her attendance still wasn't mandatory per se, but it looked good on the pride for the royal family to attend; after all, if they gave the impression that they weren't interested in maintaining relationships with their allies, someone important could get offended.

"Kisara," Hana nodded. "That's nice. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around before. Unless you always try to hide in the back," she taunted with a wink and a grin.

| Lady Kiya |

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:22 pm
That was a bit of a shock to Kisara. He smiled after a moment of jaw drop, but then when he realized he was doing it was probably a bit rude. "Oh! Forgive me if I was rude!" He said trying to make sure that he didn't offend her in anyway. He wasn't really sure how to act around royalty, he'd never really been around too much of them.

"Is it hard?" he asked her. His curiosity spiking as he looked at her carefully. Everyone that wasn't royal or high ranks always wondered what it'd be like to be in their paws, he assumed.

He smiled and looked to his paws for a moment. " I wouldn't say I was in the background or hiding." he said with a chuckle. A little more uncomfortable than before, but he decided it was probably best to try to relax a little. "I'm just easy to blend into the crowd." he couldn't really say that honestly. He laughed cause he knew it wasn't true. "I'm sorry, I can't blend in very well at all" He said honestly.

[sorry just crazy work week and got sick. @o@]

Rennekae

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm
I Lady Kiya I

Hana quirked an eyebrow and smirked at Kisara's response and following question; first off, she wasn't even sure how he could have been rude. Second, she had never been asked if being royalty was hard before, and it occurred to her that maybe it was because she hadn't spoken to many of the Bahari before. The Kizi were aware that her heritage didn't really make her much different from the other pride members - her parents ran the pride, not her. But she supposed in other prides, "royal" blood might actually mean something, and the Bahari didn't have the same structure.

"Rude how?" she countered with a laugh and a coy smile. Continuing, she couldn't help but puff out her chest with pride as she said. "Well, being a Patron is definitely hard work, but it's worth it. Besides - I'm good at it. As for being royal, that doesn't actually make much of a difference. The only ones that really expect anything more from me are my parents and I'm betting non-royals get that, too."

Kisara's last little blurb left Hana completely without words. All she could do was laugh and shake her head. This guy was quite a goof, but oddly she found it very endearing.

| Lady Kiya |
It's totally okay. I just had surgery, so I'm out, too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:47 am
He gave a sheepish smile. "Well, just in case I was!" He felt nervous now, what if he made the wrong move, said something stupid, or even worse.... Fell in front of her again. He smiled and was gonna wing it and hope he didn't look or sound stupid. It was the best he could hope for, anyways.

"Oh! Well suppose some parents aren't like that." he said with a nod. "Though my parents are pretty relaxed, they just want us to have a good life." He thought about it. His mom was the one that wanted him to succeed the most. His dad was just happy with who they were. He supposed she was right about that. "I mean, I suppose there's not much to really do in Bahari." he thought about it for a moment. "I am a good fisher, though!" He said with a nod. He could fish like a champ! Which was something he was proud of. His sister was better at catching ground pray than him though.

He wasn't sure why she was laughing, but he did enjoy making her laugh. It made him smile, which made him look even more goofy than with his mane all over the place.

Rennekae
Oh! Hopefully it went well and you're feeling better now

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:52 pm
Hana smiled as Kisara went on about his parents; she was certain that her parents valued their cubs' happiness over their cubs' success, but she also knew that her parents expected her cubs to contribute to the pride and put their best paw forward - especially around company like this. It was something that was a little difficult for her to explain, and besides, she didn't really want to talk about how she was raised. That was not the point to this conversation.

Taking his (rather sudden) change of subject as an opportunity, Hana gladly steered the topic away from parenting techniques.
"I'm sure there's tons of interesting jobs in your pride. You know that I'm a guardian here; what do you do in the Bahari?" Hana asked, genuinely curious and a little apprehensive.

Odd. I'm actually concerned with what Kisara's rank is. As much as I love my aunt, I really hope he isn't anything as silly as an entertainer. Hana understood what the Mummers offered to the Kizi, but she still didn't see the job as very dignified, and found herself hopeful that Kisara held a position she found prideful - like a hunter or guard. Really anything but a performer.

| Lady Kiya |
I'm doing okay now; the first few days were just really painful and bothersome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:35 am
Kisara didn't notice that she was all for his change of subject, he just kinda jumped around with thought some times and it wasn't something he could control. "You're a guardian,too?!" She was quite impressive. He awed at her for a moment before going on to her question, when he realized she asked one anyways.

"Well, I'm just a hunter." he said with a chuckle. "I mean, I'm not very good at hunting on land." He admitted. He was horrible at that part, would trip over his own feet every time."I fish." he said with confidence.

He was a master at swimming, though he wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Most lions in his pride liked the sea, even though it was a dangerous place. He was careful though. Never to go too far out and always watch for those fast things with sharp teeth. He'd never actually seen one yet though.

"I can swim really good, but when walking..." He paused and looked at his feet. "They just seem to not know which way to go." Perhaps he should have been a fish, or something.

Rennekae

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:25 am
A younger Hana would have been offended by Kisara's wonderment that she was a guard - she shouldn't be any less likely to become a Patron just because she was female! - but younger Hana was so desperate to prove herself. Now, the dark lioness just smiled. She was proud of what she had accomplished, and confident in the hard muscles visible under her burgundy pelt. She was glad she could surprise people.

"Now, now; don't sell yourself short. You aren't just a hunter. Hunters are some of the most important lions in the pride, providing everyone with food so they have more time to do their own jobs - which they couldn't do hungry, I might add," she said with a wink. She paused for a moment with the whole fishing and swimming talk. She enjoyed the ocean more than many of her pridemates, but she couldn't imagine hunting in it. She swam for fun or to cool off, and she was not the most graceful sea creature. "We're pretty well opposites there. I'm quick and nimble on land, but in the water I pretty much just splash around. I like swimming, but I haven't really honed the skill."

Hana finished with a laugh, trying to picture herself fishing. She had seen fish before, but they usually stayed pretty far from her churning paws. She made a lot of waves when trying to stay afloat. Though she wasn't opposed to arranging dates for Kisara to try to teach her; that would be a blast.

| Lady Kiya |

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:25 pm
He chucked at her wink. "Well, I am really bad at hunting..." He had to make sure she understood that. Perhaps he'd offer to hunt with her sometime and then she could understand why he said he was just a hunter. Though, he supposed the fishing made up for it. He loved fishing even if he couldn't eat it. Fish upset his stomach, not that he minded though. He fished and others ate, and he ate what they caught. So it worked out.

"My mother says everyone is good at something," He started with a chuckle. "You seem to be good at quite a lot." He said rather impressed with it, though he'd be impressed regardless of gender. He wasn't one to put a specific role on gender bases. In fact, he didn't even think about that when he was speaking to her.

"Practice makes perfect, as they say"

Rennekae

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 pm
Hana smiled. "It definitely does. So, why don't we go hunting together? I can help you practice."

While she was usually more accustomed to teaching cubs, the maroon lioness was sure it wouldn't be much different with Kisara. Hell, it should actually be better; Kisara most likely wouldn't be distracted by beetles. Or pounce on her tail when he was supposed to be learning stalking techniques.

"Maybe you could teach me about fishing while we're out," she added, partially because she didn't want Kisara to think she felt bad for him, and partially because she was genuinely interested in learning.

| Lady Kiya |
If you want, we can wrap this up. :3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:27 pm
He was almost taken aback for a moment. He hadn't expected the lioness to want to help him in anyway. He gave her a grin. "What, right now?" he looked about and wasn't really sure what to do. Was she offering to show him a thing or two in return for him to show her a thing or two?

Sure, he could try to teach her to swim and fish, it might even be fun. Though to him it came natural, unlike hunting. It was a fair trade, now that he thought about it. But he wasn't sure she was serious. Was she meaning right this second, or did she mean in another day? He looked to his paws then to her.

Rennekae
If you'd like. :3

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 pm
Hana giggled and shook her head in amusement. I guess that's on me for not being clear, she thought to herself. Though she had to admit that his confusion was adorable.

"It might be best to wait until people start to leave. Seeing as I hold sort of high status, sneaking off before the party is over would draw a lot of attention. Especially from my family," she added with a smirk, not looking forward to the teasing she would endure if her family found out she.. what? Was planning dates? Let's not label this just yet, she thought, and shook it off.

"Since some light would be best for hunting, and this party is bound to run late, I'd like to propose we meet tomorrow. Say, sunhigh? At the border?"

| Lady Kiya |

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces