Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:24 am
robot kitten

It might have been the discussion that she'd had with Lumikani or perhaps the run in with Naqenni, either way Cey was up before the sun again today, once more running laps in an obsessive manner around the village. She was testing herself this time, running a lap while counting in her head, pausing to catch her breath, then doing the same in an attempt to beat the previous score, set to repeat. She needed to prove to herself that she wasn't slacking off, that she was training, that she was getting stronger, and that she could do what Lumikani had told her she was to do. She was the first of the Elaria born, which meant she would need to 'lead the next generation', a task that was both a driving point as well as a source of anxiety.

Was anyone else up yet? Were her fellow Elaria also training this morning? Would she see any of them or ther older sisters? Was she alone? Ceylinae couldn't say for certain, all that she knew was that she was awake, which was the most important thing at the moment. So long as she was awake then she could sneak in some early morning practice before she was to go and meet with the others for group training, then back to more solo training as well.

She had to keep going, all day if possible, to make sure that she was able to make herself strong enough to meet the destiny she'd been born into.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:12 pm
Orpheus Solon
almost lost this one!

Ixtil was coming back in to see if her mother had yet to reply to her letters. She still hooped though it'd been over a year with no reply. It was one of the few times she came out of her solitary living out it eh wilderness. Being surrounded by weaklings who blindly followed a failed leader still pissed her off... so she kept away and made herself stronger and hoped someone would dethrone the matron and bring strength back to their new tribe.

Her thoughts were circling about this when she caught moment about the village. Something small was running.. not away from anything but just running. Curious she watched the small grey and pink girl run. One of the new ... cousins she supposed. She wasn't certain they were sisters or ever would. But maybe cousins or potentially nieces.

She shrugged and stepped out in front of the little thing as it came closer. lets see if they were worthy of carrying on her tribes name!  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:25 am
robot kitten

So caught up with her counting was she that Ceylinae nearly missed the fact that someone had stepped out in front of her. She was able to avoid bumping into her older sister, though only skidding to a halt in front of the woman. There was a moment where she had to windmill her arms to keep her balance but this time at least, unlike the time with Naqenni, she was able to keep her feet. Letting out a sighing sound of relief she lifted her gaze to look up at the other woman, taking her in, before giving a smile, "Good morning, sister." It was nice to see someone else up at this hour, "Are you training as well?"

Perhaps she could get some tips from her? She couldn't say that she'd chatted with this particular sister before and she was always looking for as much advice and as many training tips as possible. If she was ever going to meet her fate then she would need all the training possible and then some. As much as she hated the idea of having get help she knew that in the long run this was a lot better then the alternative. Better that she got the help she needed now instead of being forced to take the help of thers later because she'd lost to someone or something. The mere idea of having to saved was pure nightmare fuel for Cey, though she wouldn't admit it out loud, not wanting to seem as weak to anyone else in the village.

Her antennae giving a twitch Cey suddenly realized in a flash she was half way through a lap and she'd completely forgotten what number she'd been on. Blast! That mean the lap wouldn't even count now! She'd been doing so well, too... though it only gave her incentive to do that much better next time. For now though she'd chat with this sister for a bit. Provided of course the woman wasn't too busy with training of her own?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:37 pm
Orpheus Solon
Ixtil looked at the girl critically. She was polite.. but politeness had nothing to do with strength! She herself wasn't very polite after all! But the thoughts that Ai had raised and ideas she had suggested made Ixtil try to be polite. it would be hard to influence the apparent future of their tribe otherwise!

"Nah. Just heading in to see what sort of gossip there was in the town. Figured I ought to stop by and check in on people every now and then."

She paused and moment then shrugged; it wasn't like her plans were that important! Might as well take the time to talk... "I'm Ixtil, you are....?" She hadn't even bothered to learn the names of the first three Elaria! They were related to her so she hadn't bothered.. plus everyone had been making such a fuss over them Ixtil had just left. It was sickening how some seemed to want to spoil the new generation!  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:15 pm
robot kitten

"Gossip? Hmm..." Was that an important sort of thing that she too should be trying to keep up with? Ceylinae sort of hoped not if only because there was already so much that she did each day that she wasn't sure about setting aside a portion of it for such a thing. Still, if that was something that was also expected of her she might have to figure out where to find the time for it. Her antennae set to twitching as she thought about it, for a moment trying to come up with a good time for such an endeavor but in the end decided to hold off on any changes quite yet. Once she was older, perhaps, such things would become important. For the time being she felt what she was doing was more important... and she had to pray to Elzira that she was right.

"Ixtil, it is good to meet you. My name is Ceylinae or just Cey for short." She knew that her name was a mouthful and she was fine with the nickname of Cey. After a moment Cey spoke up, "You said that you were stopping by to check in on people, do you not live in the village with the other sisters?" She found herself asking, curious about that. Were there many others of their tribe that didn't live in the village? Or had she been traveling? There was a chance she'd been to the volcano if that were the case Cey thought to herself, a bit excited over the possibility.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:25 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Call it gossip.. call it information gathering .Ones fun the others for important tasks of hunting down secrets or information you can use." She said cynically. Chatter to her had 2 uses: gathering information and manipulating others. "You should probably talk... not sure how seriously you'll be taken being a kid and all... or one of the new... Cousins." She couldn't brig herself to say sister. They were just too different!

"I'll call you Ceylinae. Its a good name. You shouldn't let people call you Cey unless they are good friends or superiors. Nicknames make it so that you are considered an equal or less than the other person. If you want respect make them call you by your proper name!" Of course it was just a kid... but in the future if this one was to be something of a leader she would need respect. And Ceylinae commanded more of that then just simple Cey. Like Ixtil would never allow anyone to call her Ixi ever again.. that was for her mother and mother alone.

"I made my own home out in the wilderness. So long as the Matron is in charge here this place can't make me stronger." She declared. Feeling kinda foolish doing so to one so young; it was just a kid! How would she understand strength and the need to be the best? "Kinda hard to get to know the land if all you do is stay in one place and be safe." She fumbled and tried to recover from her arrogant words that sounded so embarrassing foolish to her young ears!  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:17 pm
robot kitten

Hunting down secret and information that she could use? Now that made it seem as though it were even more important then she'd first thought, making her wonder if it was in fact something that she needed to consider trying herself. She probably could use all the information she could get, especially given that there was so much that seemed to be riding on her shoulders. It was enough that it almost made Cey dizzy some days. Not that she could allow it to overwhelm her though, she had to be strong no matter what! Blinking a couple times Cey cocked her head to one side at the other referred to her as 'cousin' which was a title that she'd never heard of before, "What's a cousin?" She asked of Ixtil in a curious manner.

"E-Eh?" Wait, what? Nicknames were a bad thing? She listened, mouth slightly agape, as Ixtil explained to her exactly what a nickname implied and it wasn't really a good thing, was it? No, instead it seemed as though it meant that she was either equal to or less the the person calling her by that name unless said person was a good friend or superior. Something that she would need to keep in mind from now on since she didn't want to allow a mere nickname to make her seem as though she was weak. Who'd of thought that something like that could hold so much meaning... Cey certainly didn't until this moment and it just gave her one more thing to think about, didn't it?

It seemed as though that wasn't the only thing to worry about though. In fact Ixtil was saying that as long as the Matron was in charge the place wouldn't make her stronger. Did that mean that Cey's own progress was going to plateau with the Matron in charge as well? Her antennae set to twitching rapidly, lifting a hand so that she could chew on her thumb nail. Wow... she was almost dizzy from the information overload. Giving a little nod she said, "I will keep it in mind." She said, wondering if it was important for one's training to leave the village once old enough. Cey wasn't yet, she was still a youngling, but one day for certain.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:42 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Cousin is one who is related by being born from your mother's sister. Aisha is my mother and her... sister I guess is Elzira. That makes you my cousin. Had you been born from one of my sisters I would call you Niece." Perhaps others called this one sister... Not Ixtil! Not yet. Maybe not ever. She probably should have called her Neice.. since this Elzira might have come from Aisha and been a sister to her. But niece was too close for something Ixtil wasn't sure she wanted to be so close.
Se looked down ont he small grey thing: "What, you want everyone to be buddy buddy with you and not respect you, Ceylinae? Friends are fine.. but with no rival you won't grow. With everyone equal there is no one to strive against and become stronger yourself. To be equal and friendly with everything is to all be weak together. Strife leads to strength,. Trails lead to power. Peace and kindness towards everything will only bring you weakness and passiveness. If you want to be a niece and not some weak cousin than I suggest you start rethinking how you act."

She paused and blushed when she realized she was starting to lecture to a child... "Not that you would understand since you're just a brat that everyone spoils and tells you are great with out putting in any effort." She muttered to herself.

This one was kinda passive already. Not really speaking up or defending herself. I wonder how far she;ll meekly let me go, Ixtil wondered. And wondered if the grey kid was just politely saying yes to everything since that was easier than arguing.

"You got an opinion Cey;" she stressed the nickname and the lack of respect it entailed. "Or are you jsut going to let me mouth off without even trying to fight back?"  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:02 pm
robot kitten

Cey nodded her head slowly as Ixtil explained to her what a cousin was, as well as a niece. Add those two titles to the growing list of them that the village had to call one another by. She rather preferred the idea of everyone being 'sisters' as it made it seem as though the group was more closely unified but she was starting to learn that such a thing wasn't true, was it? It was interesting, which made her think that this must be the information that Ixtil had mentioned wanting to gather. The more that one learned the better off they would be, it was a lesson of sorts though she found herself questioning if it was on purpose or not. This particular sister, no cousin, wasn't exactly a friendly one that would doll out lessons out of the goodness of her heart, was she?

The youngling fell into silence as the other continued on, seeming to scold Cey over things that she didn't even understand. She was making it sound as though Ceylinae had it so very easy, even going as far as to call her spoiled, "You miss a lot not staying in the village, huh?" She murmured, antennae giving a twitch. If she thought the Elaria spoiled then she knew very little of them. Surely she must know the pressure put on them? How everyone seemed to think of them as 'the future' and as those who would lead in the future without even consider what such expectation would do to them. It was odd, to find someone like this, who didn't seem to think that way, instead Cey almost felt as though the woman didn't like her much.

After a moment Cey drew in a deep breath, held it, and let it out slowly, "You're welcome to speak your mind, cousin, even if you're thoughts on the Elaria, and me in general, seems skewed." She said before she found herself wondering if she aught to just return to her running. It wasn't as though she was going to get much more out of this unfriendly 'cousin' was she? Well, nothing much more then venom at least and if she wanted that she could go poke at a keldari.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:38 pm
Orpheus Solon

Ixtil grinned when the other girl finally did something other than be polite. "Don't miss much to be honest! Just complaints about the situation and the same rehashing of words already spoken. People always wanting to go back to Aisha but they can't. Go back to Suati and finish what we started... that sort of things. Oh and apparently worship the new tree and spoil the new blossoms. I personally prefer to stay out and challenge myself since this place is too full of people not willing to try and make the best of what we have and live here instead of always dreaming of a home we can't go back to,"

She laughed out loud when the girl showed she had spine. "Course its skewed! I an't ever even talked to the new tree! You're the first grey cousin I've talked to... Hard to form opinions when all I have to go on is rumors and gossip. What I hear of some of them though." She frowned. Spoiled and arrogant without ever having done anything other than being born!

"Glad you finally spoke your won opinions at least. Yes women are useless." She grinned again.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:36 pm
robot kitten

"They want to go back?" Cey murmured, head tilting to one side, her antennae giving a thoughtful sort of twitch. After a long moment of thought she finally gave a shrug, "I can't say have much of a desire to go anywhere myself. Yet. I mean I want to explore Yael, get the lay out, and figure out where everyone and everything lives, but passed that..." She shook her head. She'd leave further exploration and invasion to her other sisters, and cousins, but she couldn't say it was something she wanted to do herself. She wanted instead of make her homeland strong and to, one day, kick the stunted, glowy eyed tribe off the island.

Resting her hands on her hips Ceylinae starred up at Ixtil as the woman suddenly admitted that she hadn't spoken to Elzira or any of the Elaria save for Cey, "Wait, what?" She asked, eyes going wide. She hadn't even talked to any of them before and yet still thought such things of her? Maybe she'd gotten into far too much gossip, none of it true. Surely she'd know better if she actually stuck around? Shaking her head she said, "Well, I can tell you that I am not a spoil kid like you think I am! I work hard!" It was important to Cey, to have others know that she wasn't just standing around idle all day! Such things weren't allowed for the Elaria, especially not the first three born, and she'd make sure that it was known that she was no simpering, spoiled flower!

"Huh? Yes... of course I have my own opinions." She said, finding this sister, well cousin, to be both frustrating and confusing... but maybe she could get her to understand? That was what she hoped at least.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am
Orpheus Solon

When the girl asked about wanting to go back, Ixtil paused. "Well... yeah.. we grew up there. Our families for the most part are still there. Not all who went to war with us were banished.. many decided to stay behind and ...change their ways. Being cut off from Aisha is... painful. I mean.. what if you were suddenly kicked out of here and tossed on to a different island? How do you think you'd feel?" She scratched her head and nodded. That ought to help explain it right? "I personally have gotten over it.. mostly." She had to ad the last bit since she was trying to be honest. "Yeal has a lot to offer! New challenges! New animals! New land!" A new chance.. one she meant to capitalize on.

"Well.. its not like I'm of age or inclination to plead for a kid!" She snorted at the wide eyed question. "And you aren't my kids... or kids of close friends... Why would I but in on another woman's kid when they're still just crawling around?"

She nodded in approval at the declaration. "Keep it up then. Hard work is what will get you things in life, not resting on your laurels or making others do things! And I'm glad you're not passive and have opinions." She smirked. "Passiveness is so very boring and weak. Meekly just accepting others words... best to stand up for yourself... even if it means going against an elders words." She reached out to ruffle the kids dark red locks. "You're not so bad kid... Maybe I ought to try coming back to town more often..."  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 am
robot kitten

Cey gave a slow nod of her head, "That makes sense." As it were, since she didn't have any active plans to leave Yael in the future she could understand why the others weren't happy with being banished from where they came from. The idea of being tossed out of Yael like a bird being tossed from the nest wasn't a thought that sat well with her. Instead it made her antennae twitch a bit, finding the mere idea of being forced to leave home to be one that left her feeling on edge and annoyed. It made her think for a split second of the glowy eyed Earthlings that she wanted to toss out of Yael... a moment of weakness that she quashed. The Elaria and their Alkidike cousins lived here, in a small section of land, and deserved more room. If that meant displacing the stunted cowards that lived here then so be it. She couldn't allow herself to become soft toward them due to something her cousin said.

Ixtil's explanation for why she hadn't really talked to Elzira or any of the Elaria made sense, she didn't yet have a reason to do so. So Cey supposed that she should be happy that she was the first one to be able to chat with this particular cousin even if she felt a bit like she was walking a tight rope with her. A thought that had her for a moment thinking about adding that sort of thing to her training routine as it would help with balance. Something to think about later she silently scolded herself.

Much to the surprise of the youngling she was suddenly getting kind towards from Ixtil, telling her that she should keep up the hard work, that it was the way to get things in life, and so on. If that wasn't surprising enough the fact that she actually ruffled Cey's hair was even more so. It was unexpected, but welcome, because at least she didn't end up with a cousin who really didn't like her. She was already at odds with some, Naqenni especially, butting heads with her at every turn it had felt. So she supposed that it was a good thing to be on better terms with her older cousins.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:00 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Of course..." Ixtil said with a shake of her head. "We were doing that to others.. and still are!" She laughed dryly. "We are such hypocrites some days! But the strong take what they want and the weak must endure until they are strong. Once we get stronger we can take this land and make it ours... and maybe once we are stronger we can return to Aisha and be one tribe again.. if that'll happen...If not than we and the other's can grow strong facing each other, deriving experience from our struggles to compete with them. And that." She eyed the small child. "Depends upon you and the Elaria for the most part. This is a fight that will take years... and we have already proven ourselves weak for being banished. We as a tribe have to all get stronger.. and that means the Alkidikes as well.. not just the Elaria" She sniffed. "So many of them have given up hope for themselves and just drop all their expectations upon you instead of trying to grow stronger themselves!" She grumbled and shook her head. Silly idiots! How could you expect the new generation to become strong if you gave up? you had to be something for them to compete with and one day surpass! And for them to truly be strong the Alkidikes needed to be truly strong so that their children would have a worthy goal to aim for.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:09 pm
robot kitten

Ceylinae found herself nodding for a moment during what Ixtil was saying, finding some inspiration in what she was saying... until the part about 'Aisha' and 'becoming one tribe again'. It was something that caused her various antennae twitch, her face falling slightly. Could that happen? Is that what her cousins were wanting her to grow strong for? They wanted her and the others to get strong to lead them back to Aisha? It was something that Cey found she had... zero interest in. It was a bit of a surprise to realize but it was the truth. After a moment of thought she said, "If, in the future, that comes to pass, that you and the other cousins find a path back to your mother... it sounds nice, for you. I won't be going though. Elzira is my mother after all, not Aisha." It was an odd thing to think about. If they got their way of being 'one tribe' again it would break up the tribe living here, leaving the Elaria possibly alone.

All the more reason to train hard she told herself, to prepare for the day when they were left to fend for themselves as a tribe because their cousins had returned home to Aisha. Something to think about, something that... was a bit aggravating, but she didn't let it show. No reason to do so. It wasn't as though she'd had many plans to leave the island as it were so staying behind with Elzira, that was always in the cards for Ceylinae.

"Yeah, as I said, it's not us being spoiled, it's more like... being groomed." Being prepared to fight for something that Ceyline didn't even want. It gave her a lot to think about... and really made her want to chase down Naqenni to see what she thought about everything that Ixtil told Ceylinae about. She was one of the first three Elaria after all, 'chosen ones' and surely she should know?  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff