Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mechoperan

Back to Guilds

The human race is evolving and so has its weapons, in todays world two new weapons are on the scene....Mechs and their Operators. 

Tags: Operators, Mechs, Banners, Factions, Enhanced Humans 

Reply Mechoperan's Factions: Where will you fall?
Questions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AniKielen

Greedy Dabbler

7,975 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:29 pm
Jauffrel

xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

So I had questions:

1. I didn't see a place for introductions so I created this. Is that ok or did you have a section for this?

2. Whats your all around goal for this place it seems quite lacking story wise. I am assuming your creating a player made world?

3. ARe the mech just your choice or are you going to do something with corporations or something?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:43 pm
AniKielen

So I have answers:

1. This is fine but in future please inform me or Jauffrel before creating anything, that way we dont get the guild all messy.

2. My Goal is this, A new world, mech hidden randomly through out it, that humans and or enhanced humans relocate to when they either find interest or have the ability to power up a mech. The goal for the world is that they try to establish a faction system of these special people called operators and some others interested in learning about the mech and operator connection. I say a faction system cause like in Divergent with factions there will always be conflicts here and there and something going on which keeps things interesting in a guild.

3. "ARe the mech just your choice or are you going to do something with corporations or something?" As for this question of yours i am unsure that you are asking exactly.  

XxXEncumberedxDarknessXxX
Captain

Hardcore Cultist

16,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Campaign Manager 500

AniKielen

Greedy Dabbler

7,975 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:04 pm
xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

1. Thank you and I apologize for not pm this.

2. Ok Seems a bit chaotic, but it can be worked with. So there are going to be good and Evil groups right? You kind of need them unless you are going to do events.

3. Don't worry about this question I believe I got an answer to what I was wanting to know.

New questions:

4. For rp purposes are you going to implement a battle system to the guild or is it just going to be freeform?

5. Is this only in one town? or are each of those a town in its own?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 pm
Allow me to respond to your question 2 and 5.

2. Yes the enforcer is the good group and the lokite is the bad group. The two others faction are neutral, meaning it's up to the player to descide which way they want to go (good or bad) based on their own interests and goals.

5. There's a total of 5 towns, each with their own area.  

Jauff the shapeshifter
Vice Captain

Feral Shapeshifter

7,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Captain

Hardcore Cultist

16,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 am
AniKielen

4. I am planning freeform initially while the guild gets members then as the numbers of members gets to a certain point i will put in a battle system. ( if we both have the same idea when we say battle system... )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:19 pm
AniKielen

The guild is open so feel free to invite your friends and your welcome to post with us.  

Jauff the shapeshifter
Vice Captain

Feral Shapeshifter

7,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Alice5130

Dangerous Lunatic

10,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 pm
Jauffrel

xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

Oh, I have some questions about the rules for the characters. For one, are they for us not to do, or for the characters not to do (AKA laws, fines, and jail time)?

- No destruction of operable or repairable mechs.
What if they're paid to take it apart and rebuild it from the ground up?

- No illegal trading - No trade or selling of illegal weapons or tech. - No selling of stolen mechs

Don't bad guys do that? Can our character find illegals merchandise?

- No killing any others on Mechoperan.
. What about NPCs, or NPCs killing NPCs?

Also, can you explain more about the kind of mechs there are? I saw in your profile one that was more like a life-sized bodysuit, and in Jauffrel's it was a dog-like one. How big are they and do you wear them, ride in them, or control them from the outside?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:54 am
Alice5130
Jauffrel

Laws and jail time and such are rules for characters. Rules for us are basically the be polite and not god modding kinda rules.

As for the mech question, that would fall under repairable, and technically since its fixable its not destroyed so that would be fine.

as for the illegal stuff, most that is just opportunities and stuff for those in the for lokite banner which is more of the rebels involved in illegal stuff you know?

as for killing npcs...i would allow that but only under the knowledge that it would be a violation of mechoperans laws if found out so your character would be in trouble.

styles of mechs vary, they can be huminoid ish or thei could be creature like, Size is also variable and up to you. they dont wear them but they can ride in them and control them from outside.  

Captain

Hardcore Cultist

16,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Campaign Manager 500

Jauff the shapeshifter
Vice Captain

Feral Shapeshifter

7,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:13 am
Alice5130
Jauffrel

xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

Oh, I have some questions about the rules for the characters. For one, are they for us not to do, or for the characters not to do (AKA laws, fines, and jail time)?

- No destruction of operable or repairable mechs.
What if they're paid to take it apart and rebuild it from the ground up?

- No illegal trading - No trade or selling of illegal weapons or tech. - No selling of stolen mechs

Don't bad guys do that? Can our character find illegals merchandise?

- No killing any others on Mechoperan.
. What about NPCs, or NPCs killing NPCs?

Also, can you explain more about the kind of mechs there are? I saw in your profile one that was more like a life-sized bodysuit, and in Jauffrel's it was a dog-like one. How big are they and do you wear them, ride in them, or control them from the outside?

To my understanding character rule are breakable however if you do be aware the enforcer will be looking to arrest you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 am
xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

Jauffrel

K. thank you for clarifying. I don't plan on having my girl kill anyone or sell parts illegally, but planned on her finding one or two in some broken mechs they're dismantling for spare parts, etc.

Oh, and I forgot to ask. Do the mechs have their own AI or personality (programed in by their operator or creator)? For example R2-D2 or the robots from Fallout.

And given that this is the future, what other technologies of note are there (aside from laser weapons)? i.e. flying cars that drive/fly themselves, Hoverboards, man-made robots that work, act as companions and pets, Li-Fi (heard about it on the radio. Still being worked on, but it's 100 times faster than Wi-Fi and can download 27 movies in a second. (Info))
I ask because my character is an engeneer so she'd be working on and making some of those things.  

Alice5130

Dangerous Lunatic

10,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200

Jauff the shapeshifter
Vice Captain

Feral Shapeshifter

7,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Alice5130

For the AI/personality that's pretty much up to you if your mech has one or not (for exemple my mech does have an wolfish AI and Rouge's one... not really ) and i don't see any problem with the other things you mentioned, the goal for the freelancer is actually to be able to use the mech to do some of the human work.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:17 pm
Alice5130

Jauffrel

as for the futuristic aspect of it, none of that has really been stated in the guild so its a bit of a wiggle room but i dont want things too futuristic that its unrealistic when compared to the mechs and mechoperan. Does that make sense?  

Captain

Hardcore Cultist

16,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Campaign Manager 500

Alice5130

Dangerous Lunatic

10,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm
xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

Jauffrel

K. Thanks.

Last question, I promise. What is Mechoperan exactly? A country, a state, a city?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 pm
Alice5130
xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

Jauffrel

K. Thanks.

Last question, I promise. What is Mechoperan exactly? A country, a state, a city?

Its a whole new world, just like earth except its not polluted to the green house point and is capable of supporting life. This is part of the reason for the free lancer faction, allowing those who wish to help colonize and build on the new planet.  

Captain

Hardcore Cultist

16,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Campaign Manager 500

Alice5130

Dangerous Lunatic

10,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:20 am
]
xxStitchedWithDarknessxx

Jauffrel

I'll post tonight after work (12 a.m.). I tried to post last night, but my computer decided it was going to do an update and restart even though I told it not to.  
Mechoperan's Factions: Where will you fall?

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games