Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Update, because why the hell not?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I feel like I have become a full-fledged adult.
  I got way too excited about the couch I got at a very good price.
  And I've already filed my taxes and have them approved!
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:48 pm
So it's been a while since I ranted about my life.

I am the social media expert for two businesses, though it pays close to nothin'. I'm also still a substitute teacher. I am now on the preferred sub list for many different teachers as well as a few schools, which is nice. At nearly any school I go to, most of the students recognize me and run up to hug me, which is also quite nice. I still love my job, though I wish it paid a bit better or offered benefits, but whatever.

I used to have two roommates, but after one stopped payin' rent I kicked him out and was left with one. Then I had stuff stolen from my room, which was almost definitely one of my roommate's friends. Then, the apartment was broken into, and again only stuff from my room was stolen, and it was right after I informed my roommate that our back door couldn't lock. Kinda suspicion that someone breaks in then, even though the back door couldn't lock for many months before. But yeah. Then I was informed that, for yet another time, my roommate's check for payin' rent had bounced, so I finally kicked him out as well, seein' as he was also eatin' all my food, never cleaned up after himself, had a cat but never cleaned the litter box or bought litter/food, and also had people under the age of 18 comin' over to smoke pot with him. Enough was enough.

So yeah, now I have a 2 bedroom apartment to myself. It's quite nice, though I'm a bit worried that I can't afford it by myself on a substitute teacher's salary. I've had a talk with the community manager, and due to consistently payin' on time, they said they were gonna work with me to help get my rent lowered, which is awfully nice of them. In addition, I am currently back in school and workin' towards another Master's degree, though this time in Special Education. Since I can't afford it, I am only taking night classes, but luckily the school I am at offers the degree with nearly nothin' but night classes. A few schools I sub at have already hinted very strongly that they will hire me as soon as I graduate. So I just gotta survive until then, and this should take me about 2 years. In addition, the one and only Psychology professor at the school is dyin' to hire me as a adjunct instructor for Psychology classes. The only problem is that the school doesn't have enough money right now to hire adjuncts, which is annoyin'. I'm still keepin' my finger's crossed, though.

So that's my life right now. Substitute teaching durin' the day, college classes durin' the night, and a s**t load of rum on the weekends.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:17 am
At least you don't have an inflation problem/fetish. My belly is huge.

So if any of you make me feel miserable, I'll inflate my belly until I feel like I'm gonna burst.  

Anaya the Bee

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:47 pm
I'm gonna update this update because I can.

After starting my internship, and thus losing my jobs, I had to take on 2 more roommates. Additionally, I got on food stamps. Things started to go sour with said roommates, but I managed to get a job as a long-term sub for a Special Education teacher, so I got paid and it covered my requirements for my internship. Roommates were kicked out, on my own again.

I was nominated as a Teacher of Promise at my school and was then also nominated to receive the Distinguished Teacher Candidate Award. I interviewed with a few school counties, all of which wanted me (there's a dire need for Special Education teachers everywhere and I'm the only one at my school graduating with a Master's degree), but I took a risk and held out for my top choice, which was a high school in a county that essentially only hires people they know.

And, just today, I accepted a job offer from that very high school. Starting next year, I was be a high school Special Education and AP Psychology teacher. Additionally, I'm gonna be a teacher at two different summer camps, one of which involved some training I got at NASA. Also still waiting to hear back from the college I go to about being a Psychology adjunct (I did end up becoming one a while back, but lost the job when my internship started) at night, but I'm essentially the first choice.

If all goes according to plan, I'll mainly be a Special Education teacher, teaching one AP Psychology class at a high school, and then also teaching Psychology, most likely Adolescent Psychology, at the local college.

After so many years of college, I am finally starting my career!  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 am
mrgreen emotion_yatta yum_puddi Congrats!  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:09 pm
Urghh I better make store manager. Sick of manager eras.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:41 pm
Bravo Semok smile  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:40 pm
Semok
I'm gonna update this update because I can.

After starting my internship, and thus losing my jobs, I had to take on 2 more roommates. Additionally, I got on food stamps. Things started to go sour with said roommates, but I managed to get a job as a long-term sub for a Special Education teacher, so I got paid and it covered my requirements for my internship. Roommates were kicked out, on my own again.

I was nominated as a Teacher of Promise at my school and was then also nominated to receive the Distinguished Teacher Candidate Award. I interviewed with a few school counties, all of which wanted me (there's a dire need for Special Education teachers everywhere and I'm the only one at my school graduating with a Master's degree), but I took a risk and held out for my top choice, which was a high school in a county that essentially only hires people they know.

And, just today, I accepted a job offer from that very high school. Starting next year, I was be a high school Special Education and AP Psychology teacher. Additionally, I'm gonna be a teacher at two different summer camps, one of which involved some training I got at NASA. Also still waiting to hear back from the college I go to about being a Psychology adjunct (I did end up becoming one a while back, but lost the job when my internship started) at night, but I'm essentially the first choice.

If all goes according to plan, I'll mainly be a Special Education teacher, teaching one AP Psychology class at a high school, and then also teaching Psychology, most likely Adolescent Psychology, at the local college.

After so many years of college, I am finally starting my career!

Things did go according to plan, though I teach Dual-Enrollment Psychology instead of AP (which I prefer). I taught one class for the first semester and then 2 the next semester, since there was a huge increase in enrollment for the class. I adore my Psychology classes. I get to teach however I want, so we do a lot of random stuff and have a lot of parties. I have a reputation for being a little weird. I also made music videos for each of the major tests, which was super embarrassing but fun.

I am also still mainly a Special Education teacher and have a rather big caseload. That part I'm struggling with and learning as fast as I can. Got some amazing kids. It also means that for 2 classes in the first semester and 1 class in the second semester I help out in one of the other classrooms. I'm a bit of a floater, so I can be put into any subject. I did Biology the first semester and then World History for the second. No idea what I'll be this coming year.

I also am a college adjunct instructor, though only for one semester usually. I'm super excited because 2 of my high school students graduated and are going to the college I also teach at, so I'll get to have them as students again!

During the summer I get to teach at the Summer Academy again, which is fun! I'm also super excited for next school year, since we'll be starting an Archery club that I'll be one of the instructors for! I also have a gaming club where I use my VR headsets (I have 5 now!)

Anyhoo, update to the update, because I can.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:43 pm
OH! I also quit drinking, since it was starting to become a problem and I didn't want anything to interfere with my teaching. It's been 174 days now. Not gonna lie, it's a real struggle, but I'm determined!  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items