Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Royale Winds (MIdagi, Zahavah, and Kazeno)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:26 pm
This is a PRP between Bardess Ookami & Divena for the following soqs

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:27 pm
RP Logs

Bardess Ookami
She was following a tune on the breeze, she could hear faint hints of it, the melody of the wind. There was a sad and somewhat lonely quality to it, which drive her forward. Her wings moved lazily as she flitted about, moving after various scraps of breeze, trying to track the sound, to learn the song within it.

Of course, this meant that she was not paying terribly much attention to anything other than the delightful music that she probably was the only one to hear. She was used to that. The being alone in hearing certain sounds on the wind. Well, if she was being completely honest with herself, she was also used to discovering that she had failed to pay attention to her surroundings because of the music of the world around her.

While it might get her into trouble from time to time, tuning out the world to tune in the tune - she what she did there? - she couldn't quite regret it. The music was worth it. Always. Her parents had kicked her out of their home when she was young, for her own good. They said that she would never learn to find her own music if she only ever heard the melodies they made, that she needed to travel and learn the sounds of the wider world. She appreciated their concerns, but she wished she had been able to stay back longer. She missed them, faintly. But it was hard to miss someone she could hardly remember. It bothered her that she couldn't describe her parents from memory, and sometimes she was afraid she could trip over them and not know them for her mother and father. Was she so horrible a mare to wish she knew who her parents were? When they sacrificed knowing her for her sake? If... it had been a sacrifice. There were days when the tune on the air shifted to melancholy that she wondered if they had done it because they had preferred to not be chained down with a foal. However thoughts like that soured the melody, so she tried to avoid them.

Today was too nice a day for such sad thoughts, and while she liked the melody part of the word melodramatic, she preferred to do without the drama. So she focused on the music she could hear, pushing her own tune back into her heart, to let the external one take her where it would.

She had vague impressions of lakes and rivers, soft streams she passed over or stopped to sip from. Snow covered mountains, plains passing beneath her hooves. She flew, she ran, she walked, she wandered. She went where the music went, followed the path that best let her hear it. It was all she had in life, this melody of the wind, she was named for it. She remembered that much of her parents, a musical male voice telling her that Kaze No Uta meant that in some far off tongue. Truth or lies? She was unsure, but she liked to think it was true, not just because she didn't want to think that he lied, but because she liked that idea a great deal. Kaze no Uta. The melody of the wind. She tried hard to be worthy of that, to live up to such a wonderful name.

She was distracted, as usual, trying not to think these thoughts - which invariably meant they encroached upon her - while she followed the sounds that the winds brought her. She was flying, listening, when something moving under her startled her. A flash of autumn amid the white and brown. Had she missed winter? And spring and summer while she was at it? The startlement made her stumble. Yes, in mid-air. She tripped while flying. Luckily she wasn't flying too high, unluckily there was a tree off to her side. She stumbled into it and fell into a heap on the ground.

Beat and melody! Why did she keep falling over her hooves in front of other Soqs. Didn't bother her so much when there was no one else around... largely because she usually failed to notice. She took care of others, not so much herself.

Divena
Midagi was busy digging out yet another large boulder for his home. It was nearly completed. Or, at least, nearly nearly completed. The outer walls were up and now all he had to do was flesh out the insides. Once he had this boulder in pace, that is. Soon, the little mare who ran the local pack would be by to help hi move the finishing touches. He fought back a shudder as he thought about the orange monster. She defied everything he had believed about both minis and mares. He had a healthy respect for her. At least that was what he told himself. He wasn't afraid of her. Nope. Not Midagi Royale. He shook away these thoughts and went back to digging. Until a thump brought his attention up. He tensed and looked to the source of the sound. The mare was helping him in return for his assistance in protecting her family. He took such responsibilities very seriously.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:20 pm
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
Ow. Okay, so, that hurt. She pushed herself to her feet, glancing behind her to where she had seen the color, where she had seen the cairn of stone being built. Had he seen? Yep. That was most certainly someone looking at her. Right after she fell. In the air. Right after she tripped. In the air. On nothing.

The bits of her that were usually white colored then, a soft rainbow flush spreading across her. Perhaps someone might find it cue or endearing or even fun, grass forbid. She suspected no one who saw it that way would do so if they were the one thus inflicted. She found her blush to be embarrassing, and as she flushed when embarrassed... Yeah. Not the best cycle ever.

She tried to turn her body, rather than just her neck, and felt her leg give under her, sending her back down. Okay. Well... leaves were soft. Right? She sighed. She was a mess. And he was seeing it.

Trying to reduce just how badly she was pinking blueing and greening up, she tried to look past the male to the monument that he had been building. Not a monolith or memorial, as she had presumed at first. No, it seemed to be some sort of... structure. Nice one, Kazeno, a structure. Real specific.

She tried to ignore the mental sound of her berating herself by studying the edifice to be. She was curious as to what he was building, but more... She was starting to wonder how it would sound if she stood at the center of it while a storm of winds raged around her. What if some stones in the middle of each side were missing, leaving room for air to whistle past. Oh! How beautiful that could be, that melody of wind and stone...

Divena
Midagi stared at the creature laying on the ground not too far from him. After a second's scrutuniy, he realized that it was a mare that had somehow crash landed. Despite her concerns, he hadn't actually seen how it had happened. He did see her collapse after trying to stand up again and concern flashed through him. Surely this lovely mare wasn't a threat to the territory... or maybe she was playing the wounded bird, trying to lure him into a false sense of... nah. That was a bit too clever for a lady. Someone could be using her as bait, however. So, he cautiously inched forward, glancing around the trees to make sure no one would jump out to ambush him. "My lady?" he said, gently and politely. "Are you all right?"

Bardess Ookami

Alright? Was she alright? Of course not, she was wonderful, alive with the thought of the beautiful music that would be made by those stones in the right wind. She was better than merely alright. She turned to tell him as she tried to stand again... and the pain rushed through her leg, and she remembered she was flushing. Oh... that was why he asked. Alright? Not really.

"I'll be fine, thank you," is what she said anyway, flushing darker with the lie.

Divena
He frowned a bit. He wasn't one to call a lady a liar, but... she didn't seem fine to him. "Are you certain?" he asked, carefully. It would hardly do to insult her. As an afterthought, he added, "Your leg seems a bit... swollen." He really hoped that her ankle truly was injured, otherwise he had just called it fat. That, he knew, was a mistake that would get him in a heap of trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:27 pm
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
"I will be fine," she amended, glaring at her leg as though it had betrayed her. She was not thrilled to see how darkly she was blushing. She swallowed hard and lifted the leg carefully, balancing on her other three. Another swallow and she looked up to him.

"I am being terribly rude, I apologize. I am Kazeno Uta. It means Melody of the Wind, and I am on a quest to find exactly that, to find that for which I am named. The beauty of the music carried on the air."

Divena
Alright, so they were going to skip right over her injuries and straight into introductions. He could do that. Zahavah would be there soon. He could ask her to direct the mare toward a healer, or a healer toward the mare. Whichever was easier for the lady. He bowed elegantly to her. "I am Midagi Royale, guardian of this forest. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Kazeno."

Bardess Ookami
"Guardian?" she asked, her head tilting slightly, hair sliding off of her shoulders, catching in her scales for just a moment before tumbling free to wind around her raised and injured leg. She wished she could hide behind her hair, sometimes, but as hair ever did, it never fell in anyway that was at all convenient for her. Still, she found it too pretty to cut.

Topic at hand, focus, Kazeno. Focus. Did he mean Guardian as in caretaker, or protector? Was he seeing her as a threat or hoping she would admire his work? She was unsure. So... she waited for his answer, and hoped she could fly away fast enough if the need arose. She tried not to grin as she realized that she was hoping to rise if the need arose. It amused her. It was almost musical. Almost.

Divena
"Yes," Midagi confirmed with a small smile. "I protect this forest. Well, this border, at least." Honesty demanded that he be clearer than that. He glanced fondly at his creation. "This is my home... though it is not much to look at for the moment."

Bardess Ookami
"It looks like it will sound beautiful," she said softly, and she meant it. She still wanted to stand in the center of the stones as the wind moved.

Divena
Sound...? He... really wasn't certain what to make of that. But he smiled gracefully. "Thank you," he said, deciding that it must have been a compliment. After all, there was nothing negative anyone could say about his creation. It was near perfection.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:57 am
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
"You might get some interesting vibrations if you removed midstones at key locations," she said, eyeing the structure now with a mind towards optimizing the music it would produce. "What sort of wind speeds does this wood usually get?" she asked, considering. If he had built this atop a hill, he could pick up some nice gusts on a regular basis, but wind sang through trees already, as they slowed it.

The look of the trees didn't tell her much, but then, she wasn't that good with plants. She was a wind person through and through, so she couldn't tell what was an indication of strong winds, and what was an indication of weak wood. Conversely a lack of damage could be fair soft winds or could be sturdy bark and branches. She was unsure, and so she could do little but ask.

Oh, she was sure she could find someone to teach her, if she cared to learn, but honestly, she didn't. She'd more easily ask about the weather whenever she went somewhere new. That was all there was to it.

Divena
"Wind speeds," he repeated before shaking his head. "I'm afraid I'm not a flier, my lady. I pay little attention to the winds except to ensure that it does not bring down any trees around us." He wasn't even going to touch the suggestion of removing stones in his creation.

Bardess Ookami
"You do not have to be a flyer to appreciate the winds," she told him. "Only a fan of the melodies it carries. Wind speeds and what the wind passes can change the sounds that you hear when you stand still to listen. The music created by the winds can surpass that made by any living throats, by any created instruments."

She lifted and angled her wings, to catch the meager breeze, wishing it would whip up enough for him to truly hear the wonders of the winds.

Divena
Aha, she was a musician. That was... unfortunate. Such souls were usually somewhat flighty. He humored her with a smile. "I'm afraid I don't have an ear for music. But it sounds like a lovely way to live." If one didn't care about security and reliability.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:26 pm
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
Of course she was flighty; had he missed the wings? There was nothing unfortunate about being a lover of music. Music was one of the greatest gifts this world had to offer, a thing that could be made both by nature and by choice. Music was the greatest of the great, the most wondrous wonder. She felt bad for him that he lacked the ear, and the appreciation, for her music. For the world's music.

"It is," she said, nodding. "It is the best I've ever found. Best I could ever wish for, hope for, or dream of." She'd share it with the world, if she could.

Divena
"That's nice," he said, absently, already losing interest with the conversation. The mare had been downgraded in his mind from Lady to maiden. A lesser creature though one that should still be protected. "Would you like to sit down, perhaps? Your ankle isn't looking much better..."

Bardess Ookami
She didn't want to, but she found herself nodding anyway, to be polite. Politeness, she felt sometimes, was the act of everyone making themselves miserable to force everyone around them to do the same. Of course, pretty much the only times she felt that way were when she was in pain, or tired, or desperate to do nearly anything but what politeness dictated. Most of the time she was polite just by dint of being herself, so those odd times where her desires and what she was supposed to do diverged stood out to her mind; called attention to themselves.

"Thank you," she said as she worked, carefully, to lower herself to the grass. It hurt. Getting up would hurt worse. But she would have to. Just as she now had to rest. She would have preferred to rest somewhere were she wasn't imposing on someone else, but that was not what had been offered, and flying off just then would have been rude.

Divena
Progress, that was good. He sighed a bit in relief. "You should be safe here. If you like, I can run and fetch someone who will know how to help you. I'm not much of a healer, I'm afraid."

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:13 pm
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
"Thank you. I really don't want to put anyone out or be an inconvenience. You don't have to go looking for a healer for me, I'm sure I'll be fine soon enough. A rest should be enough," she assured him. She's been worse injured before, and besides, it was just a leg. She had wings. Had she injured a wing, she'd likewise be fine, since she had legs. It really was only a problem when wings and legs were both injured, and she wasn't that bad of a klutz.

Divena
"It's no inconvenience," he reassured her. And it wasn't, really. He wouldn't be gone for long enough for there to be any danger, and he didn't much like the idea of leaving anyone injured while he was in charge.

As if his very thoughts had summoned her, Zahavah half skipped out of the woods, whistling softly to herself. She was in a good mood today, having gained yet another protector for her little family and met a promising suitor for one of her oldest daughters. She liked the fellow. He had character. The whistle died away when she saw Midagi towering over an unfamiliar mare. "What's this?" she asked, her tone light and curious.

Bardess Ookami
Politeness to the new comer dictated that she should stand, politeness to the one she had been speaking with meant she should remain down, she preferred the former but wasn't sure she physically could stand at the moment. She never should have sat in the first place, she could feel her leg stiffening up. There would be a distinct lack of dignity when she did get up and she was just vain enough to wish to be alone at that point. Not that she thought it likely.

"Ah, hello," she said instead, trying to offer what politeness she could without rising. I am Kazeno Uta." she inclined her head lightly.

Divena
"She seems to have hurt her leg," Midagi informed Zahavah, relieved that he wasn't responsible for the other mare anymore. He was also slightly uncomfortable, but Zahavah had that effect on him. She didn't fit into any neat categories in his head. "She seems to just be passing through."

"Ah..." Zahavah peered at the other mare's legs and winced when she noticed the swollen one. "Yeah, that looks pretty nasty. You should probably put something cold on it... Midagi, would you mind ducking into one of the caves and grabbing some of the rocks there? They should still be cool... Oh, I'm Zahavah, by the way. My family lives a few minutes from here," she added the introduction as an afterthought to Kazeno.

Bardess Ookami
"A pleasure to meet you. And thank you. I was telling him though, I will be okay, I appreciate the concern, but it is not necessary to go out of your way for me. I have been through worse, and will probably be through worse in the future. I tripped." In the air.... like a moron. "Just an accident."

Divena
Midagi happily escaped to gather up the cool stones.

Zahavah snorted a bit. "Just because it was an accident doesn't mean it hurts any less. Trust me, I've had sprains before. They stink. And they take forever to heal if you don't take care of them properly. It's fine. We'll get the swelling to go down a bit, then I'll take you back with me and you can rest up until you're ready to take off again." She frowned a bit. "We don't have a healer, though... so... yeah... sorry about that..." She really needed to look into that, though she wasn't sure how.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:15 pm
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
Well, at least this mare seemed far more likable than the stallion had been. She couldn't put a hoof on what exactly it was that made the difference, but she could feel it, like a perfect note after a slightly flat one.

She nodded along with what the other was saying it. "Thank you very much, I appreciate the kindness. I don't mind that there is no healer, I've had a lot of sprains as well, and you are right. Thank you. It will be good to have some good company while I heal."

Divena
Zahavah beamed at her. "Company I'm really good at," she said, cheerfully. She was relieved that Kazeno didn't expect a healer, though she still wished she could have one look at the flutter. When Zahavah was in her brawling prime, she didn't think healers had all that much importance. Now that she had a family, she could appreciate their appeal.

Bardess Ookami
She smiled warmly. "I had that feeling," she said. And she had. There was a warmth to the other mare, like sweet notes on the wind. "If there is anything I can do in return after my leg mends, or even if there is something I can do while it is mending, please let me know," she said with a gentle smile.

Divena
Zahavah nodded a bit. "Not kicking Midagi would be a good start. It looked like he was getting on your nerves before I came along." At least, Zahavah assumed any intelligent mare would be annoyed by the overly chauvinistic stallion.

Bardess Ookami
She smiled. "Hard to kick with a bum leg, I'd wind up standing on two, and what sensible creature could handle standing on only two legs?" She asked with a small teasing grin. Then she shook her head lightly. "While I do not think he and I shall ever be best friends, I did not feel the urge to hurt him."

Divena
"You're a better mare than I am," Zahavah told him, cheerfully. "I get the urge to hurt him all the time. So far I've managed to restrain myself, though. So there's that, I guess."

Bardess Ookami
"Well he certainly seems to like you," she pointed out with a small incline of her head towards where he had been. "He seemed pleased when you arrived."

Divena
She really doubted that. Zahavah knew that Midagi didn't really like her. she didn't think he hated her, per se... but she knew she made him uncomfortable. Still, if he was relieved to see her, then it was probably because he didn't like Kazeno and that seemed rude to point out. So instead she smiled. "Maybe." Hey, she could be wrong.

Bardess Ookami
She smiled in return. "Are we in his way here? Should we be moving elsewhere?" she asked.

Divena
Zahavah looked around quickly, doing some calculations. "Nah, we're out of his way here. At least, we are for now. I doubt he'll want to do any work on his... home... while you're here. He's got this weird idea about mares."

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:33 pm
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
"It is his home, though. I would not want to make him feel uncomfortable in returning." She considered, "So... his issues with me are because of my gender, and not my love of music or my klutziness?" There was no judgement in her tone, though there was a hint of something. Relief, perhaps.

Divena
"Probably not," Zahavah shrugged. She couldn't be sure, really. "He seems to think females should be taken care of. At least, he doesn't take me taking care of myself easily. It's kinda fun watching him squirm, sometimes."

Bardess Ookami
"Taken.... care of..." she repeated slowly, as if she put something in her mouth and was trying to decide just what it was she was tasting. "As in coddled or as in killed?" she asked. From the context she thought it to be the former, but both were such discordant notes that neither made much sense to her at all. She found each nearly as hard to conceive of as the other.

Divena
"Coddled," Zahavah said quickly, stunned at where the mare's mind had gone. "Geez! If he'd been running around killing off mares, he wouldn't still be here! Do you have any idea how many daughters I have?" And great.... there was a new fear.... were there actually stallions sick enough to kill off mares just because they were female? What if Akis or Addy ran into one of them? Ugh. She really, really hated this whole fear business.

Bardess Ookami
"They both seemed equally as prosperous," she said simply, apologetic about how she had made the other mare feel. "I hadn't known," she said, "and didn't honestly believe either was likely."

Divena
"The coddling I can kind of understand, to a point," Zahavah considered it for a moment. "I get the urge to coddle my mate sometimes..." In her own way, anyway. Humoring his delusions was kind of her way of coddling him, after all, so it was the same thing. "But I don't think all males are whimps just because a few are."

Bardess Ookami
"I can understand it, with individuals and in specific situations, but for a whole gender, in all situations?" she asked, somewhat stunned by that. "he thinks that we are unable to care for ourselves?" That couldn't possibly be what she was saying, no one could be so... so... so.... so small minded. Could they?

Divena
"That certainly seems to be his mindset," Zahavah confirmed. "I think I've broken him of seeing me that way." Of course, she was pretty sure he considered her some kind of anomaly.

Bardess Ookami
"I suppose I didn't help by getting hurt when we first met," she said softly, looking down at her leg. "Since you clearly have to live with him, I very much apologize for that."

Divena
"Eh," she shrugged, unconcerned. "We live far enough apart that it's not that big a deal. Besides, he's good with my youngest daughter, and he's the guardian of this border. I always remind myself of those things when he starts to wear on my patience."

Bardess Ookami
She gave a small nod. That made sense, she supposed. She would have it find things to help herself if she were to see him regularly as well. Still, she did feel sorry that she might have made things worse, for this kind mare, and... even for him. It could not be healthy to live that way. He was going to hurt a lot of feelings, and get himself killed.

Divena
Naturally, Midagi would choose that moment to return, balancing several cool rocks. He set them down beside Zahavah carefully. “Here we go,” he murmured, unaware that he had been their topic of conversation.
”Great, thanks,” Zahavah chirped. She started nudging the stones closer to the flutter’s ankle.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games