Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:45 am
The party had not been Damissan’s idea.

Once upon a time, he would have found his way to it regardless. The food, the drink, the glamor and the company—all of it defined his life not so very long ago. He had existed, then, to please himself, and succeeded spectacularly at it, building a reputation of infamy in overindulgence, much to his parents’ chagrin. But things were different now. Had the choice been on him, he would have forwent the occasion as he had been doing at each past opportunity and spent the time with his work instead, or planning his impending departure.

His parents, though, had had other plans.

Though they never said as much in so many words, he assumed that the ploy was to get him back ‘on track.’ Of course, they had never approved of his lifestyle before, but perhaps his insight and awakening was even less favorable in their eyes. He supposed he couldn’t entirely blame them. It was a lot to take in. But no amount of glimmer or finery would be swaying him at this point. His attendance was for their sake, and he could give them this much before leaving at least.

He wore his traditional attire — the finery of palace nobles, buttoned, pinned, tucked, and belted — with his dark hair tied back and wine-red eyes silently observant of the scene from under black lashes. He had been approached more than once. Each time, politely and much to the shock of those whose company he used to keep, he turned them away. Most seemed to take his explanation as a joke. Surely, surely he was not serious.

They would see in time.

Then, his attention paused on a figure — not distinctly unfamiliar, though he knew enough to tell that he’d never known them personally. Long, thick orange-red waves of hair spilling down the back of a willowy build, lithe and draped in bejeweled attire. There oughtn’t have been anything to make the young man truly stand out from the rest of the finely-dressed crowd, but for the fact that he fit perfectly into a certain niche of ‘types’ that Damissan could readily classify as something he would have pursued. Previously.

Previously would have pursued. Damissan folded his hands before himself and drew a breath, turning his gaze towards—anything, the long table spread of ornate appetizers? He wasn’t hungry. In the end, he wound up with his gaze fixed to the far, arching windows that climbed floor to ceiling and lead out to an open-air balcony. The stars were out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:54 pm
The Only Black Uke

Shesha was quite delighted with the party that he was at tonight, one fancier and more extravagant then many he'd been too of late. This wasn't just one person trying to attract suitors for a child, it wasn't just someone celebrating, it was instead someone showing off by having a party to end all parties. At least that was what his Lady Alhana had explained it as, one Lord who had too much money then he knew what to do with wanting to show off that wealth and rub it in the faces of others. Shesha rather liked it, if he had the sort of money this particular lord had he'd do the same. Everything around him seemed to be the best of the best, even the company invited, meaning that the gossip going around was the best as well!

He felt as though he was learning so much, up to and including some interesting tid bits about a local Lady who was seeming trying to lose the entirety of her wealth betting it on xaraan races. So much to learn, so little time he thought to himself, tapping a finger against his painted lips. As he did so he felt eyes on him, something that wasn't really unexpected, and he turned to try to figure out exactly who it was starring at him... and when he spotted the man Shesha couldn't help but to light up. Oh, it was him! The rumors swirling around about him tonight were particularly wonderful, not to mention expansive. Some said that he'd taken some bad drugs and gone off the deep end, others said he was merely changing his ways, for better or worst was hard to say, and another group said it was just a game Damissan was playing. There really was only one way to find out for certain but some people seemed to enjoy the mystery of it.

No reason not to figure out, especially since there were so many rumors swirling around Damissan alone that it sort of made it difficult to hear others. Turning on his heel Shesha sauntered over toward the handsome young man who seemed to be turning away others that approached him. It was each of those people that were turned away that seemed to ignite more gossip, which only made the young lord that much more interesting to Shesha. Upon reaching him he said, "You seem to be quite a popular subject on everyone's lips tonight."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:10 pm
God was not always merciful.

At least, however, the man’s approach afforded him an opportunity to look him over more properly. Discreetly. Politely. Not all the way down him from his painted lips to his thin, gauzy top, open at the chest, and an outfit that all around left little — but just enough — to the imagination. Not that.

Damissan drew a breath, assessed his company, and met his gaze. “Damissan Mataou,” he said, extending a hand. “But if I am ‘on everyone’s lips’ as you say…” He gave the barest tilt of his head, “…and am popular enough to merit an approach, I feel it’s safe to assume you knew that already. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the same pleasure with regards to your name…?” He left the final note open, hanging on a half question and ready for the addition of the man’s introduction.

The man was beautiful, and conversation with someone who didn’t know him personally would be a welcome break—or had the potential to be, in any case. Refreshing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:43 pm
The Only Black Uke

Shesha gave a smile, taking the other man's hand in his, giving it a slow shake, "One can still enjoy the plesentries that go along with a good introduction even if I did know your name previous, Lord Damissan, and might I say that it's nice to finally meet you." The rumors told him all manner of stories about the man, but it was very nice to meet him face to face. He was a handsome young man, wasn't he? The sort that Shesha wouldn't mind spending some of his time with tonight even if it might risk him missing a couple choice rumors.

"You can call me Shesha." He said, giving Damissan's hand a little squeeze before releasing it. Shesha gave a momentarily glance around them before his eyes were on him once more, finding a bit of amusement in the fact that some of the man's fans seemed to have noticed that Shesha was chatting with Damissan. Smiling brightly, his pink eyes sparkling, Shesha said, "This should be fun, getting to chat with someone like you whose time seems to be in such high demand." Here was to hoping those who were watching really got their under garments in a twist, nothing would please Shesha more.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:53 pm
“Shesha,” Damissan repeated.

That name was familiar, and with the familiarity, Damis became all the more certain that he had at least seen the other man in passing. Large as the palace was and as many social events as there were to attend, it was still only one section of the capital city and frequent attendees — as he had been — were bound to make acquaintances with their fellows. He was surprised, even, that they hadn’t met sooner.

But no matter.

“Beautiful. A lovely name suits you,” he said before catching himself—but then, there was nothing wrong complimenting him, was there? “I’ve heard it,” he admitted, shifting the topic intentionally. “You must enjoy this scene to have built a reputation of your own within it. Are you native to the capital?”  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:48 am
The Only Black Uke

Shesha smiled, pleased when Damissan referred to his name as being 'beautiful', something that pleased him greatly since he wanted to be beautiful in all aspect of everything that he did. Even something so simple as his name being called beautiful beautiful made him quite happy. It would appear as though the man had heard of him, had he? Giving a smile he said, "Is that so? I'm glad. It would be quite a shame if after all this time that my name might not be one that is known." This was wonderful news, wasn't it? Knowing that the man who he'd never met before had heard his name made Shesha want to jump up and down in glee... not that he would, finding such an action as too childish.

"Native to the captial, no, but I have spent the passed few years here. Before that is the past and of no significant importance." He said, waving a hand from side to side, as though to dismiss that time. It was a time he didn't want to think about, instead being the sort that wanted to think ahead instead... though for now he was only too happy to live in the present with Damissan as well.

Leaning in a little closer he asked, "A shame that we haven't spoken until now despite seemingly knowing of one another." Given the rumors swirling around the man Shesha wondered if that were true or not. He seemed interesting now, given the air of mystery, but before he might have only been fun as a dallience only. Something that Shesha wouldn't have risked, not wanting to upset his lady. It might be instead that he was luckier to meet him now instead of during some past party where he might not have been as interesting to Shesha.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:19 am
“Before that is the past and of no significant importance.”

Not nobleborn, then, Damissan concluded. A confirmation of his initial suspicions, but a strongly anticipated one. Over the course of all his eighteen years of life growing up in Sulburi, mostly within the walls of the palace itself, there were very few nobles — if any — of whom he was not familiar. The rapidity with which Shesha dismissed his past of ‘no’ importance, however, lead Damis to conclude that not only was the man not of naturally palace birth, but he had more than likely climbed further than most, up from the lower quarter of society.

When he spoke of pity at their not having met sooner, Damissan considered, in spite of himself, what might have come from that. Light from overhead, already spun to glinting fragments by the glass of a high chandelier, caught in his company’s hair, in the ornaments there, and on the decorative portions of his attire. Warm, on dark skin. It was far too simple a task to imagine—

Well.

It was better this way, regardless. Over Shesha’s shoulder, Damis inadvertently caught the eye of far-too-familiar company. For a single moment, their gazes locked. The other man winked. Damissan’s eyebrows arched the barest fraction upward. Then, he turned his attention back squarely to his company.

“A shame in some ways, perhaps,” he said. “But I think you will find me more pleasant company meeting as we are. As with all men, there are portions of our past that we do not celebrate, and in time become…” He tipped his head, “…‘of no significant importance.’ In the meantime…” Gaze flicking just briefly enough away to note that his too-familiar ‘acquaintance’ was just finishing whatever conversation he’d been engaged in and turning their way to approach, Damis glanced again towards the balcony. “I find the atmosphere of a full room can, on occasion, be stifling to relaxed conversation. Join me outside a moment…the stars are out.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:59 pm
The Only Black Uke

Shesha couldn't help but to chuckle as the man turned Shesha's own words around on him, "Seems that we are both much happier with the present then thinking too hard on the past." He murmured, pleased with this. If Damissan felt the same way then he surely would have no reason to pry too much into Shesha's past... though that might mean in turn that he would have to be equally considerate. A shame, he really was curous about it. No matter, he'd let sleeping janarm lie and learn what he could from what Damissan himself was willing to let Shesha know. It wouldn't get him the most information, but it would have to be enought.

"Hmm, well, I suppose a glance at the stars should be alright. Best that we don't spend too much time outside alone or else the rumormongers will find themselves with a fresh batch of fodder." Sure, he was one who loved rumors himself, but he'd rather not find himself tied to Damissan in such a manner. It would only get him into a tight spot with Lady Alhana after all. She might let him get away with a lot but 'cheating' on her was something that she wouldn't allow, meaning he might get himself into a bit of trouble.

After a quick glance around, taking in those who were watching the pair of them, he turned to Damissan and gave him a smile, "Shall we then?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:45 am
Damissan dipped his head in a nod and with Shesha, strode out at an easy pace for the balcony. Oba, as deserts tended to, burned in the day, so hot that on certain days the air felt too dry and burning to even swallow in for breath. Nights, however, had a way of shedding the day’s blanket and washing cool its burns. Tonight the air was warm, but gently so, and with it came a breeze over the balcony patio, gusting along to the tune of an invisible conductor.

Damissan moved to the far rail overlooking the palace grounds below, and then turned a glance to his companion. “So,” he said, “…for the sake of getting us on even terms, and avoiding the lies of rumor, why don’t you begin by telling me a little bit about myself?” His gaze flicked over Shesha, and out into the night. “Then, I can tell you what I know of you, and we can begin to ‘clear the air’…”

After a moment, amusement plucked up at the corners of his lips, and Damis folded his hands before himself.

“Besides, surely you’ve nothing to fear from what might be said of us…out here…alone under the stars.” He tipped his head. “I’m a changed man.”  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:16 pm
The Only Black Uke

"Tell you about yourself?" Shesha asked, unable to help but smile at that request given that it was quite a strange one. Surely he must have heard some of the rumors that were going around about him? Perhaps he was just interested in the ones that Shesha knew since he seemed to want to clear the air at the moment? Giving a thoughtful soound he walked over to where Damissan stood, leaning against the railing near to him, "Where to begin? I suppose that one of my favorites among the rumors is that you're currently in the midst of playing a very elaborate game." Likely due to the fact that if it were all a game that Damissan had to play a dozen moves ahead just to stay on top of everything, that a single person could do such a thing would impress Shesha.

Tapping a finger against his lips thought about it then said, "There are of course the rumors that make it a lot more simple though." As well as boring, "That being that you've merely lost your mind after ingesting something bad... or getting blow to the head, the details vary." Shesha hoped it wasn't something so mundane as it would be a waste.

Tilting his head back so that he could look up at the stars over head Shesha said, "Actually I have much to lose, but you're a very interesting man, and I must said I am curious. Even if you have suddenly become the avatar of Nerad himself there will still be those only too happy to gossip about what we might be doing out here. That is just the way things of among those of this particular circle." The moment they stepped outside the whispers had probably started, of that Shesha was almost certain. Here was to hoping that Lady Alhana believed none of them or else he'd need to do whatever was needed to find his way back into her good graces.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 am
Damissan smiled, listening, and privately amused at the prospect of it being some great, elaborate ‘game.’ Then, when it came to the suggestion that he’d lost his mind, he chuckled aloud, sparing his company a glance. “Unfortunately not an avatar of Nerad, no…but as the situation stands, even if it were all a ‘game’, I couldn’t begin to tell you that, could I, lest I spoil everyone’s fun? But then, I shouldn’t talk of myself to begin with. I did promise to make my commentary about you, didn’t I…”

He tipped his head, thoughtful for a moment.

“I have heard that you were a very pretty thing…” He studied the man beside him, “…which seems to be true enough. Admittedly, given the company I used to keep, there may have been unsavory things mentioned about your…methods of earning your high seat and invites to festivities with particular guest lists, but…” A pause ensued, and he tapped his fingers to the rail. “Well, I am in no position to judge a man’s taste in women or methods of finding happiness…not now. And, if it interests you to know, I do not think I have lost my mind…” The corner of his lip edged up. “But then, few of those who have, do.”  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:38 am
The Only Black Uke

"Hmm, I suppose that's true. Where would be the fun in your game if you went around telling everyone that you were playing it." No, to play an elaborate game on such a grand scale he wouldn't really be able to let anyone be privy to it lest he ruin the entire game by accident. That wouldn't be any fun at all, thus making that particular rumor only that much more favored by Shesha, even if it might not be true.

Giving a grin Shesha said, "Well I can at least agree with that." He said when Damissan commented on how he'd heard that Shesha was a 'very pretty thing' which he liked the sound of. Being pretty was quite important to everything that Shesha did after all. Shesha's grin on spread when Damissan then spoke of how there had been 'unsavory' things that were mentioned to him about Shesha's methods. How he wondered who it was that said such things about him, likely someone that he'd stepped over or on to get to where he was now he thought to himself idly, "There are always those who are bound to get upset when they fail to climb the social ladder as I have." Not everyone was cut out for it as Shesha felt that he was.

"I'm glad to hear that, the part about you not losing your mind I mean." Shesha would much rather have a conversation with someone who had their mind in check after all,"Well, I suppose Lord Damissan that if you were actually crazy, that you'd still be more interesting then some of the people that came to these parties." For Every Lord Damissan and Lady Karothdra there were a dozen empty headed twits after all.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:02 pm
Damissan nodded, wine-red eyes straying back towards the glittering yellows, reds and golds of the dance floor. “So it is that history is, has been, and always will be written by the victors, no matter how they achieve their power, and in their wake, the losers will squabble…” His lashes flit low in thought, and twitched to turn as he eyed the way moonlight curved along the rise of his company’s cheekbone.

He shut his eyes, the corner of his lip curving up with amusement.

“And yes…mad men do tell the finest stories…” He shifted his weight, pushing up onto his elbows, and then opened his eyes to spare Shesha a wink. “So, shall I tell you about the religion I found upon waking drugged in the streets of Orrod and the single, true God of this world who came to me there? Or would you prefer to dance with me and whittle the hours. It may be the last dance I have in this city…and how better to finish than with the loveliest man in Sulburi and our names on the tongues of liars who wish they knew?”  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 pm
The Only Black Uke

A bit of a grin appeared on Shesha's lips, "I suppose that means that all I need now is to become the victor so that I can rewrite history to my liking." Something in which he looked very, very good in the eyes of anyone who read over said history, leaving the 'losers to squabble' as Damissan had put it. He was a smart man with some good ideas, the sort that were on the level of being of day dream quality, but still, Shesha enjoyed them never the less.

"Hm?" Shesha blinked a couple times as Damissan spoke of the religion that he'd founded, as well as the situation he'd found himself in upon its founding. Was he telling the truth this time? Another elaborate story being told to him by a 'mad man'? Was this his attempts at adding to the already prolific rumors that were swirling around him by starting a few himself? He really was an interesting man, wasn't he? The sort that he rather enjoyed chatting with, though there was something about what he said about sharing a 'last dance' with him that made him wonder if this might be their one and only meeting. A real shame that.

Giving a little nod of his head Shesha said, "If it's going to be the last dance you have in the city then I most certainly want to claim it as my own, Lord Damissan. If only to make all of your admirerers a little jealous."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:31 pm
Were he honest with himself, Damissan would have had to admit that he wasn’t sure what to expect from Shesha in terms of an answer. On the one hand, though he was stepping away from the life wound up in it, he still felt confident in his charm and general charisma. He felt comfortable around people, with people, and self-assured that if he wanted something enough, he could get it. On the other, he knew — or had heard — the relative situation that Shesha was woven in, or at the very least, enough fragments of the story to understand that he was not quite so available as his dress might invite a rowdier gaze to believe.

Thus, when Shesha accepted, Damissan felt a warm, personal swell of satisfaction. “And yours, I should think,” he said. “Admirers, that is, as I imagine you have many. What of history would be the first to change with you holding the pen?”

Turning and pushing to step away from the rail, he offered a hand.

“As with most things harder to attain, good company does have a tendency to inspire envy in those less fortunate. Shall we?”  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff