Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Windsor Family Loft

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:18 am
xxxxxxxx ● ● ● WINDSOR FAMILY LOFT ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

User Image

【 LOCATED AT Edinburgh, Scotland

Home of Sebastian Windsor, Daphne Portland-Windsor and Eugene "Jean" Windsor

INTERIOR

First Floor (Above the cafe shop)

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

| Jean Windsor's Bedroom | Jean's Bathroom | Living Room | Dining and Kitchen Area | Guest's Bathroom |

Second Floor (Attic Level)

User Image User Image User Image

| Master's Bedroom | Bathroom | Studio/Office |

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:16 am
xxxxxxxx ● ● ● FAMILY STATUS ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

DAPHNE PORTLAND-WINDSOR (NPC) ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

User Image
SEBASTIAN WINDSOR xxxxxxxx

User Image
EUGENE “JEAN” WINDSOR xxxxxxxx

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:02 pm
xxxxxxxx ● ● ● RESIDENTIAL INFORMATION ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

space ● ● ● The Windsors' house, above the Windland Cafe, was located at a suburbans in Edinburgh, Scotland.

space ● ● ● The house used to be a run-down house until Sebastian and his wife Daphne decided to purchase and renovate the place. Converting the ground floor into a cafe while the second floor into a loft, making it more satisfying for two artists.

space ● ● ● There was a staircase just outside the cafe leading to the second floor which serves as their loft entrance.

space ● ● ● The living room and the master's bedroom used to be have this formal old design. As time goes by during the husband's long absence, Daphne decided to make the rooms more artistic and cozy filling it with their paintings; which satisfied her aesthetic.

space ● ● ● Their son Jean's bedroom was recently renovated by him to fit his new taste, including buying a vinyl recorder and stacking some vinyls on his shelves. The only few things that hasn't changed much was that he still posted some of his art on the wall.

xxxxxxxx ● ● ● PETS INFORMATION ● ● ●xxxxxxxx

space ● ● ● They have a Siamese house cat named Icicle, who spent most of his time sleeping either in their living room or at the Studio/Office.

space ● ● ● Jean has a Greater Sooty owl named Ashenvale or "Ash" while Sebastian has his Great Grey Owl named Mercury.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:38 pm
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx Eugene Windsor>
Time: A Friday in August of 2032
Looking: Absolutely Flawless
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                                            Magic was such a lovely thing, Cathy didn't know if she could handle living so far from Jean otherwise. He was all the way in Scotland while she was at home in London. It was awful. She supposed she could be like many couples who moved in together after they graduated but she and Jean had only been dating a year, regardless of how long they may have had crushes on each other. Besides where would they move? Would he move into the townhouse in Belgravia where she lived. She didn't even go into the master bedroom or the connecting art studio out of concern for ghosts. Not that her Dad would be a ghost, he was a squib. But he died there. It just was odd. She knew her brother said she should just sell the house but it was her childhood home. She knew very well moving in with Jean wasn't an option with him living with his parents even if his Dad was at Hogwarts most of the year.

She had been nervous when Jean invited her to his house for the day. She hated that and had never thought it was possible for her. She shouldn't get nervous. She was flawless. Most guys would love to be with her and yet she was. She was worried her mascara would smudge, her lip gloss might get sticky, her hair get frizzy, or Jean might not like her outfit. She hoped he did. She had spent hours looking through her closet and decided on a pink dress with a flirty skirt and a plunging neckline. She wore pink a lot, and Jean liked what she wore... she thought he did. Surely he'd have said something if that wasn't the case. And what guy wouldn't appreciate their girlfriend dolling up and showing a little extra skin once in a while. But what if she met his mother, maybe she should have worn something more modest... Oh this was so frustrating to Cathy! She liked being sure of herself and confident yet somehow Jean had made it so she was a bundle of nerves.

Apparating to the Windsor Family loft, she ducked into an alleyway close by to the cafe first to check her make-up and hair in a hand mirror trying to calm herself. She really hoped she didn't meet Jean's mother first. What if she hated her or thought she wasn't good enough for Jean? And it wasn't like she had much experience with his father since she didn't take cursebreaking. She was sure if she had it would have been a bad impression since she was dismal at most magic. Taking a deep breath she headed up the stairs to the loft and knocked on the door to it, taking a moment to adjust her skirt. Maybe the dress was too much...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                            Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:58 am
《Eugene Portland "Jean" Windsor》
Half-Blood Raccoon Animagus Witch Watcher Hogwarts' Ravenclaw Alumnus

User Image

I'm not passive but a g g r e s s i v e, take note, it's not impressive
                                              Empty your s a d n e s s, like you're dumping your purse
                                              On my bedroom floor, we put your c u r s e in reverse

╔═ .⌘. ═════════════════════════

Jean was on their living room, already wearing something simple yet good enough for a house date. He was just lying there on a couch, earphones on and reading a book about language. He just found this book from their studio office and it was basically a language guide about Italian language, which he had no idea why because his mum was already a fluent Italian speaker. Maybe his father was the one who bought this book, probably to impress his mum. Anyway, his father was upstairs in their bedroom preparing his lesson plans since he was going to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts for fourth years and above. Their cafe business was quite slow now so his mum was also in the living room with Jean, just taking a rest from the work downstairs. Actually, she also helped him prepare some meal as Jean already talked with her about inviting and introducing his girlfriend, she was quite being supportive about it though.

He had been wondering, what was taking Cathy so long? He looked at the wall clock and it gave him the impression that it has been for an hour or two. Not that he was in a hurry, in fact, he shouldn't be knowing about how long. He had been nervous about this, especially since he was the one who called up Cathy about inviting her, and he had never done this before. It was quite a bummer though, knowing the long-term fact that Cathy lived far away in London while he was here living in Edinburgh. They could have tried to maybe purchase a flat and live together but he felt that he wasn't ready for that, like how were they were even going to hold the bills? Well, sure, his dad was actually a rich pureblood but it was embarrassing to just ask for galleons. Also, they've been dating for, like, a year so far so they seriously cannot rush that especially they only started dating during their seventh year. Jean would prefer doing things on his own matters, at least maybe Hogwarts since they resembled a boarding school he at least knew what to do. If he didn't maybe he wouldn't be applying for Witch Watcher in the Law Enforcement.

He didn't hear the knock of the door due to his fast and loud music from his earphones, but at least his mum nudged him on the shoulder and told him that that might be her. He jolted up from the couch and adjusted his denim jacket hastily. Oh God, this was making him so nervous! He made sure his earcuff and earrings were still okay and fixed his hair using his fingers. He removed his earphones and peeked at the doorhole where you look to see who was standing on their front door. Yep, it was Cathy alright. He took a deep breath and opened the door, now seeing Cathy standing on his doorstep wearing pink. She looked quite fine, well, even though her dress made him feel awkward. But then, if his mum was able to wear a tanktop casually showing her tattoos then this should be fine with her. It wasn't like his mother was a conservative, anyway. "Oh, hi Cathy" He said to her, smiling, "Come on in, s'good to see you" Jean's mother Daphne, who they really looked alike with her facial features and green eyes except that she was a brunette, spot the presence of the blonde and it immediately registered to her it was her son's girlfriend he started dating last year. She greeted the young lady smiling and said, "Why hello there, you must be Jean's girlfriend, no?" Jean turned his head, then to Cathy, "Ah, wait, sorry. Mum, this is my girlfriend Cathy. Cathy, this is my mum,"

═════════════════════════ .⌘. ═╝

Currently with Cathaline League

And it's our t i m e now if you want it to be
                                              Maul the war like the carnival bears set
                                              f r e e
                                              And your love is a n e m i c and I can't believe
                                              That you couldn't
                                              see it coming from m e

And I still feel that r u s h in my veins, it twists my h e a d just a bit to think
                                              All those
                                              people in those old photographs I've seen are d e a d

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:14 pm
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                            A smile lit up on Cathy's face when the door opened to reveal Jean standing in the door way. She nearly tackled him in a hug before letting go of him quickly when noticing his mother behind him. The woman was obviously his mother, and it wasn't just because she happened to be in the loft, it would be obvious on the street, even if she didn't have her son's fiery hair. Jean got his mother's green eyes, the ones that Cathy sometimes wished she could have inherited instead of what she considered her mother's boring brown ones. She blushed and bowed quickly in greeting to his mother, nodding her head to the question about her identity.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Windsor," Cathy said straightening. Folding her hands behind her back she smiled and said, "I hope I'm not a bother. I should have brought something... I just didn't know what or really think ahead. Sorry. Thanks for having me though." Oh, she hoped Daphne didn't hate her. What did the woman think of her? What had Jean told his mother about her? The title "Jean's girlfriend" could mean so many things. She wished there was some more detailed and exact title that the woman could have given her. Maybe "the girl I've heard great things about" or "the girl I hoped to meet" or "the girl who is prettier in person and seems lovely" or maybe it was more "the girl who I know already isn't good enough for my son." Why did she have to like Jean so much? There was no way she should be so worried about being liked. She was generally liked by everyone and if they didn't like her they usually were just jealous like Cathy was sure that Camilla had been, there was no reason for her to be so worried but she was.

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:15 pm

User Image

Jean was quite surprised when Cathy tackled him with a big hug, not that he didn't like it. He just did not expect that, since he wasn't into people touching him all the sudden. But, he could take a few exceptions though, Cathy and Eli were on that list. Also, it sounded weird in his ears when it was "Mrs. Windsor" since he was so used of "Mrs. Portland-Windsor" since his mother didn't want to leave her maiden surname out. which resulted to some people saying that it just wasn't right and thinking that "she should have just drop a name which was easy and a polite thing to do for her husband". But of course, his father was really cool with it though and did not mind at all, also it wasn't like Daphne would even give a single damn about what people think about so little stuff. Also, Jean felt that maybe Cathy was abit awkward with his mum, maybe it was because of her semblance.

She had her wavy dark brown hair tied in a high ponytail and wearing a white buttoned shirt with neatly rolled up sleeves matched with a black vest from work, and black pants adding a pair of flats (since she didn't really need heels, those were a pain to wear sometimes). Daphne looked at the short blonde with her jade eyes, wondering if she scared the poor lady. Well sure, she did scared a few bullies back with some glares back when her son was a child but she wasn't even glaring and did not see that coming from someone who was probably eighteen.

Even though she would not say it, she found the lady abit funny, since she was dressing quite formal and here she was expecting to just come in casual clothes. But nevertheless, there was nothing wrong with it and maybe witches just have their own taste compared to non-witches like her, she was used to it since she turned out to be married with Ian who turned out to be a wizard. And besides, Jean did told her himself long time ago that he had a crush on Cathy long ago. Lucky nerd. She quietly chuckled when Cathy apologized for not bringing a gift, and just waved her hand, "Pffft, s'alright, I don't really mind. What matters is that he's happy to see you here, lass. S'fine, really" Jean, who was blushing with either being feeling embarrassed or something like that, was about to argue as he opened his mouth, but Daphne immediately said, "Non negare, Eugene. And Cathy, lass, make yourself comfortable, I'll be back for a minute" She winked and exited the living room, she was going to get something from the kitchen for them. After that, Jean looked at Cathy and shrugged, assuming that she might be a little bit scared at her since this was the first time she met her boyfriend's mother as well as the fact that mum did gave off some aura to people sometimes, "Don't worry, pretty sure she liked you," He suggested that they should sit on a couch, and as he sat down, he said, "So, how are you now? And um," He looked her for a moment, as if thinking about something nice to say, "You look nice today," He felt abit awkward about the dress but then Cathy chose to wear it so that was fine. What matter was as long as Cathy was okay with it, he will be okay with it too.

f r e e
                                              That you couldn't
                                              see it coming from m e

And I still feel that r u s h in my veins, it twists my h e a d just a bit to think
                                              All those

With : Cathy League
      Where : Loft's Living Room
      Wearing : Casual with Denim Jacket

Out.Of.Canvas : <"Non negare" ---> "Don't deny it">

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:58 pm
User Image
                                                            Cathy gave a smile and then blushed at Daphne's chuckle and then the comment that what mattered was Jean was happy to see her. Jean and his mother then exchanged looks only for Jean to get rebuked and Cathy to be told to make herself comfortable. She wasn't sure if she ever could be now that Jean had confessed his feelings and she was dating Jean. She had crushed on him for so long only to think that he didn't think of her as anything more than a friend but when he confessed and they had kissed it brought all the insecurities she felt around him back. Jean was different than most guys, and she liked that about him, but it put her at unease too. How was she supposed to be sure to keep his affection if the typical plans of attack didn't work?

Cathy folded her hands in front of her, holding her smile as Daphne left, and then looked to Jean who tried to assure her of Daphne's feelings. "You're only pretty sure?" She asked, her worry creeping into her voice as she took a seat next to Jean on the couch.

When asked how she was, Cathy shrugged a little and said, "Alright, keeping busy. I've been busy helping out David with my sister and my nephew here and there. Waiting for my results on try-outs for England's team. Oh I met up with Dani. She got accepted as a healer. Oh and get this she's crushing on her friend Veronica's brother. It's cute."

She grinned and then blushed when Jean looked at her almost as if he was evaluating her. Oh dear was the dress too much? It was a date though, she was supposed to dress up her very best for dates, right? He was saying she looked nice. It wasn't gorgeous or pretty but nice wasn't bad, right? "Thanks," She said in response and said, "You do too... I mean you always do but..." She blushed feeling stupid and changed the subject. Spotting his headphones she said, "So what were you listening to before I got here?"

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:05 am

User Image

Jean was now abit concerned when Cathy didn't seem to lose her worry even when he assured her that his mother liked her, her voice could say that. He didn't usually imagine Cathy being (in a small extent) worrisome, not at all, usually what he saw was the confident side of her. "Well, yeah, I'm sure of it. I mean, sure she looked scary and intimidatin' sometimes bu' she's really a nice person. Then he added jokingly added, "'Sides, we wouldn't have customers downstairs if she wasn't." As she sat with him, he also noticed that she was wearing the necklace he gave to her as a late Christmas gift during the end of their sixth, where he still failed to confess about his feeling. Hell, he failed to confess to her so many times due to fear of rejection and given the fact that he hang out with his best friend Eli alot people at school were saying that Jean was gay towards Eli which was why Jean never got a date until his last year. Except... He wasn't actually romantically attracted to guys, but he wasn't entirely sure about Eli's sexuality, Jean never asked him about that. Jean would not really care at all if Eli wasn't straight anyway. And after he finally retrieved his guts to finally say it in their final year, which Cathy accepted and proceeded with a first kiss, he was recently at ease now. The sense of awkwardness might not leave him but he was comfortable enough that he didn't think he would have those moments of having heavy chests that often since he already puff his feelings out.

Jean mouthed an 'oh' and nodded when Cathy about how she was, helping out with David and their lil' sister was quite a busy one, especially helping out David's kid. Not that he met or seen the baby but... weren't babies really noisy all the time? He had witnessed some customer kids a couple of times and gosh, it was a pain to hear them cry. See, that was why he did not want to have kids, he just wasn't ready for it. As for the Quidditch team, he grinned and said being thrilled, "Wait, International Quidditch Team? England? Wit' Eretria Whitethorne? Cathy, that's so cool! Gosh, let's really wish she would accept you in the team, you'll have great use wit' your chaser skills from Hogwarts " Then he added regarding the fact that Dani's getting a position as a Healer and as well as she got on someone. Jean maybe could not recall Veronica... wait, no, he did remember... maybe. He heard of her as he applied in the HQ for Witch Watchers, and he also could have sworn he saw Morven Vass there, too. Jean couldn't say he dislike the Slytherin classmate but he felt like she won't like him as a friend or a workmate, either. "Dani's got a Healer position? That's really cool, which probably mean that she might be workin' wit' David. As for Dani's crush's sibling, you're referring to... Veronica Kiss, right? She's also a Witch Watcher, too. But I actually didn' know she 'as a sibling?" Actually, little did Jean heard about her, all he ever knew about Veronica was that she was a Gryffindor and a prefect. But that was basically it.

He actually blushed when Cathy, in return, that he did too. Looking down at his outfit, all he simply wore has Vans shoes, pants, a plain grey shirt, and a denim jacket. It was nothing special to be honest, as he just whatever he seemed suitable for the day date, which was one of the reasons why he was kind of surprised that Cathy came in with seemingly expensive high hells and a dress. "But...? He blinked and asked in curiosity when Cathy was unable to finished her sentence and prompted the new topic, which he agree to answer with a smile, "Oh this? I was listenin' to... Rock an' Alt music; Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Twenty One Pilots, also the Script. Many more, too." He wished he could say more as he loved those artist but he stopped himself and ended with that, since he wasn't sure if Cathy would like them. Also, he was thinking of listening to more bands and solo artists as well such as Green Day and maybe Gerard Way (not My Chemical Romance, his solo career. But he might listen to the former, too).

f r e e
                                              That you couldn't
                                              see it coming from m e

All those

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:09 pm
User Image
                                                            Cathy smiled with relief when Jean assured her he was in fact sure his mother liked her and then went on to say that his mother might look scary and intimidating but was nice. "I... of course she is a nice person. I mean she would have to to have raised you." She grinned, "You're like the epitome of niceness."

She was still smiling when she went on about how she had been keeping busy. Cathy detected a bit of hesitation from him when she mentioned helping with Leah and Christopher and wondered if she said to much. It wasn't like she was hinting something crazy like she was great with kids and wanted to be a mum anytime soon. That was ridiculous. Her brother had always been the one to want kids as soon as possible, her, well she liked being the center of attention far too much right now and having a kid would ruin that. And possibly ruin her possible career in professional quidditch. She nodded with a smile as he asked about the team. "I really hope she does... if she doesn't I was thinking I could always fall back on my translator skills or go to the Euro-Glyph School of Extraordinary Languages in London for a couple years first." She shrugged. It wasn't like she needed to get a job right away since her Dad named her as main inheritor of his estate since David had his own house and such being the Avery heir. She had let David manage the clinic though which they put one of their Dad's leading surgeons in charge of and just took a small profit from there in exchange for the established clinic to stay open and hold the same name.

She nodded in agreement about Dani working as a healer but then shook her head, "She won't be quite working with my brother. David works in magical bugs and ailments, Dani is working in spell damage. Honestly I think the whole thing at Hogsmeade confirmed my brother's decision in being a healer and he probably wanted as far from stuff like that as possible. And yes, I'm talking about Miss Kiss. Apparently the brother is a muggle or something so it would make sense not to know. I didn't know either until Dani mentioned meeting a cute guy at Veronica's wedding which happened to be Veronica's brother. He's going to university in London for pharmacological studies though."

Cathy blushed as she was called out on her but and said, "I... But I am a little biased when it comes to you?" She smiled and then listened as Jean began his list of who he was listening to. Cathy wasn't entirely familiar with the bands but she tended to have a fondness for more poppy music and grew up with classical music. She was fond of J-Pop and K-Pop too though... and opera and Latin hymnals. The thing was dating someone didn't mean they had to have the same traits and though she thought she was pretty fabulous, Cathy knew she didn't want to date herself. "Rock and Alternative isn't my expertise. You'll have to let me listen to some of them sometime."

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:25 am

User Image

Jean finally smiled when Cathy seemed to be relieved about his mother, he wished that at this rate the two of them would get along. Hopefully his father would, too, or... maybe? Maybe not. There was a whole rumor going on at their school that "him dating Cathy might be one of the reason why she and Eli didn't get along anymore", but the last time he asked Eli about that his bestfriend said "No". It was no longer surprising anymore since he figured out a few years ago that his father has high tolerance when it came to blokes. He chuckled when his girlfriend went on to say that he was the 'epitome of niceness', and shrugged, "Oh, uhm, thank you? But... well, I hones'ly can't confirm that? But yeah, you're right. I mean, mum raised me all by 'erself 'til I turned eleven an' dad came back for a long time. But that was like, eight years ago?" Back when he was eleven, Jean thought that that moment was the most climactic memories he had in his life because it was like his dad was personally here talking and not just writing on the letters long time ago. But then, he was only a kid that time and now he was eighteen with his parents living in one roof for around eight years and running, it was now categorized as one of his really happy moments but maybe not that of a rising point.

Regarding the thing about the famous Quidditch player Eretria Whitethorne and try-outs, Cathy eventually went on to say she has a back-up of applying for the Euro-Glyph School. He also have the feeling when he was applying for the Witch Watchers, and he used to think that he won't be accepted so he thought that applying as a Wandmaker or a Painter would be a good back-up. "She will, because hey, you used to be Captain of the team. The translator things sounds really cool too, I mean, you were able to pick more than one language aside from English," He said, smiling, but he resisted in the back of his mind about a kiss-on-the-cheek hoping to lighten up the moment (even if they were dating for, what, a year already?) "Jus' a food for thought, as long as you love wha' you do, I would support it because it makes you happy. I would be really okay with it, I promise" He may sound abit biased but that was actually something he would do to anyone, even Eli no matter how Jean thought that his best mate's train of thought was kind of eccentric.

He nodded in relief when she did confirmed that they were really talking about Witch Water Kiss (he wouldn't admit it but he found "Miss Kiss" really funny). Apparently, according to Cathy, Veronica's brother was a muggle or something like that. Probably someone who lacked enough magic. He was glad that their friend Dani was able to have a happy time right now even after she and Eli went separate ways a few years ago. "I hope our friend Dani gets to kno' the guy better, then. Maybe, they'll def'nitely get along well," He found it funny though because if Dani and that Kiss guy ended up with each other they would make a total medical combo. Look at Dani, she was working as a Healer, and the Kiss guy was studying related to pharmacies.

"Oh," He responded when Cathy told him that she was a bit biased when it comes to him. Well, he wouldn't really recommend being biased towards him but that didn't mean he did not like it. Sometimes you really should need to cheer the person up to feel nice instead of being a killjoy sometimes. "That's okay," Jean said, he eventually had the guts to kiss her on the cheek, "I'm perfectly fine 'bout hearin' some thoughts, too." Eventually after listing on his favorite bands she admitted that it wasn't her expertise, he was going to say it was okay when she added that he would have to let her listen to some. That really made his jade eyes metaphorically light up, "Nice, I was also thinking about listening to more artists and bands, too. You might like some o' them. Which reminds me, what kind of music d'you listen to?" After he asked his question, his mother Daphne came back with a tray of nice foods in which she and Jean made together earlier. There are two dishes of a slice of tiramisu cake and two plates of bolognese lasagna paired with sausage rolls. He thanked his mom when she arrived and put the tray on the coffee table, in which she responded that she will be going downstairs to the cafe. She smiled at Cathy before leaving the living room to manage a business downstairs. "So, yep, I hope you like it,"

f r e e
                                              That you couldn't
                                              see it coming from m e

All those

Out.Of.Canvas : Sorry, I've been busy so yep a late post 8'D

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:45 am
User Image
                                                            Cathy nodded and smiled when Jean thanked her for complimenting him on being nice, though she wasn't sure that he entirely believed her. He should though, she had met plenty of people, and in her opinion she couldn't think of a guy nicer than Jean. And compared to her family, even her own parents, may they rest in peace, Jean was practically a pushover. There was too much Slytherin in the whole family. Even she, the resident Hufflepuff, had a bit of a meaner side than she liked to mention. She folded her hands in her lap and leaned forward some listening as Jean explained about his family. Debating whether it was best to ask or not, Cathy decided to be impulsive and asked while pushing a strand of blonde hair behind her ear, "About that... I don't mean to pry but I was always curious... from what I've seen and heard your parents seem to have a pretty strong relationship so why did your Dad go MIA for like eleven years. Was it because your Mum didn't know about magic? I mean he still could have come over the summers and holiday break and just lie and say he taught at some muggle boarding school or something. That's what my Dad would have done. And Mum..." Cathy shrugged, "even though she knew Dad knew about magic she made Dad think she was a muggle till after the marriage in order to win points with him since Dad never liked magic. That's why I think I was Dad's favorite, even after they found out I wasn't a squib, I... I suck at magic compared to everyone else. I'm like half squib or something. Even Leah was showing clear signs of magic before she could even walk."

She took a breath realizing that she had gotten a bit off topic, but still she was curious about the nature of Jean's raising and his parents. After all who you were raised by and who was your parents always had a bearing on who you were. It didn't mean you had to be like your parents but they still influenced you. She hoped she didn't sound judgmental and considering her own family she had no right to. Cathy knew very well that manipulation and lies was not a normal thing to found a relationship on. A relationship of any type and she really was trying to be better about showing her more negative Slytherin-like traits which she had even if she was sorted in Hufflepuff. It was probably good she was a Puff, it surrounded her with good people like Iris and her team who tended to embrace being nice to everyone just for the sake of being nice.

When Jean encouraged her about her try outs, Cathy smiled and said, "It would have helped more if my team won more. We never even won a quidditch cup while I was captain. I had the bad luck of leading a team when the other teams tended to have stronger key players, like the seeker." She sighed and then added, "I was really lucky, Dad and Mum indulged mine and David's hobbies and always were happy to get us tutors and such to learn. When I was younger I used to always want to be a translator, so it's not like my back up plan is something I wouldn't love to do. Even if I become a national quidditch player, I figure after I get married and maybe when I plan to have kids... or even before that, after a handful of years or so, I probably will just join the ministry as a translator or work in international relations. I want to be famous too... it would be a waste to be this pretty and not be featured in a magazine or two... and I do really love to fly." She blushed at her admission and suddenly realized how arrogant her confession was. It was true she was pretty though... but then again Jean was the type of guy not to date a girl just because she was pretty. It was one of the reasons she had that nagging worry about their relationship. Her strongest trait, or what she always was told was her strongest trait, was not what her own boyfriend was dating her for. If she didn't have the advantage of being pretty what other advantages did she have?

Cathy nodded about Dani and her crush sure that Andy was a nice enough guy considering how much Dani was talking about him. And the guy was cute. Also he knew about magic, so that made things easier or Dani. She realized that she had seemed to baffle Jean about her confession before he told her it was okay for her to be biased about him and even proceeded to kiss her on the cheek. She was tempted to go for properly kissing him but considering his mother was in the other room... yes talking about music was much better. When asked about her musical taste Cathy smiled and said with a bit of a laugh, "I tend to be a fan of Top 40 type hits, pop, stuff like that. I like J-Pop and K-Pop, I keep thinking I should pick up Korean or Japanese but it seems silly to pick up a language just because you like their music. Granted I picked up Chinese partially because I liked their food... I mean it is also the most populated country in the world, though, so I felt like it was a good language to pick. I can make some great traditional dishes though and I was thinking of taking a vacation sometime. Maybe you can come with me. It would be fun."

She paused when Daphne entered the room, and Cathy was thankful she didn't act on the want to snog her son right there. Talk about awkward. The only thing that might be worse than that is if David walked in on her and Jean kissing or something. David would probably threaten poor Jean, regardless of whether they were dating for a year now and they were adults at even muggle standards. "Thank-you Mrs. Windsor," Cathy said with a smile. "This looks absolutely lovely." Looking to Jean after his mother left she smiled and said, "I'm sure I will, besides half of a good meal is having good company and I definitely have good company right now."

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:47 pm

User Image

Jean was a bit thoughtful and at the same time, lost, when Cathy asked him about how his parents even have a strong relationship when his dad was been away for eight or nine years, his mother did told him that his dad left when he was two. But maybe, maybe his parents were madly in-love with each other, since even his dad was from a rich pureblood family he still chose to marry a muggle like Daphne. Jean wasn't entirely sure if his dad's family were purist but since, he did reveal himself in the Wizarding World-- half-blood yet still taking the surname-- maybe the professor's family weren't that bad after all. Jean wasn't sure about that though... His dad didn't really talk about his family alot aside from the fact that he has cousins as well as the fact that his uncle died of alcohol overdose. But well, at least his dad did say that the Windsors weren't a Slytherin-dominant family and were historically Ravenclaw instead? "S'for eight years, actually, or nine. Dad wen' somewhere when I was two," Jean corrected, then he set his voice down for the two of them, "I'm not sure why dad at firs' didn' tell my mum about magic, maybe it was because he knew or was afraid that Mum won' believe him at all since she's muggle. And I know my mum told me before that dad lef' because of family and all. But even wi' that, he had been sending letters to us for those eight years to keep in touch. Maybe yeah, he could have just tell her that he worked as a muggle professor bu' maybe he just didn' want to lie to his wife? Mum didn't know about all these magic 'til I'm eleven, Dad had to play Governor and tried his bes' to explain that he and I were wizards all along. As expected, Mum was skeptical 'til we went home from the Diagon Alley with books, an owl, and an actual wand. That finally convinced her, though," He shrugged, then he went on about Cathy's story about her parents (may they rest in peace), he wasn't sure what to say about her sucking at magic just because her dad was a squib, "Well... In my opinion, I think you don' have to worry about that, or maybe you don' have to compare your magic skills to others. I mean, you're already skill with Charms and some subjects like Ancient Runes. I mean, nobody's perfect, so there's no need to stress, "

Jean listened more to Cathy, well sure, Hufflepuff didn't have the winning streak as much as Slytherin did last time (but he had to admit, Slytherin really did well in the field). But also, he could admit that Cathy was a great chaser in the field, too. Maybe it was just because Slytherin has their own aces like Kenneth the Seeker, but it wasn't like the other houses didn't have their own aces or decent players--- Jean was actually impressed with Eli's beater skills as well as Timothy's keeper skills (which was really greater than his keeper skills). He was glad that, well, even if Cathy's parents were really secretive and all, at least they were supportive about their likes. That reminds him of his mother, too: She was always supportive of anything he does (as long as it was legal, of course), his dad was quite supportive too... It was just that he didn't like Jean's taste of punk stuff and earrings, but at least he was kind enough to tolerate it since Jean already prove that he was fairly good at school. When she went on about her confession about being famous, he respond after she finished speaking, "Yeah, but jus' don' stress yourself about the peers there too much, but I'm not sure if Wizarding Media has their share wit' the Muggle Media... " He wasn't that aware about the Wizarding Media as he was mainly focused in the Muggle Side, but maybe there were the same thing? After all, he though that the Wizarding Community could not live without Muggles.

After he kissed her, he hope that even if Cathy was kind of supportive and a bit biased maybe she could also speak about what was on her mind, too. He didn't really mind if anyone who actually knew him went abit critical on him, it wasn't like he was going all offended and all. As for his girlfriend's music taste, he could not say that he wasn't a fan of pop music... It was just not his type is all. He did liked some songs that were in the Top 40 hits, but it was probably five out of forty. When she suggested about a vacation, he grinned and replied, "Well sure I could, jus' where and when though? I just have to let my boss in the Witch Watcher department know that I will be away for a while," Jean was still learning the things in the department as well as knowing his workmates, and his boss as well. He would say that he would be away for a while then he wil come back full-time and ready, otherwise he was going to lose some points of first impressions especially when he knew that three of his cousins were working at the Law Enforcement Department.

Jean was glad that he already gave Cathy a kiss on the cheek when their mother arrived, otherwise it would be very awkward. What more could happen if it was their Dad or maybe David? Well, if it was David there was no doubt that he would go do the classic thing he did to Jean, even if he and Cathy started dating at their final year. Which reminded him, David needed to calm down for a little, and Jean now learned that maybe he shouldn't have taken David's threats seriously now that he'd thought of it. He gave her a thank-you smile when she commented about the food and said, "Thanks, me and my mum made it. Especially the cake," Well, yeah, he did brought a home-made cake to the Roach-Rojas siblings' house party, he actually thought people there would appreciate it. "And yeah, you're right." He chuckled when she pointed out that half of the good meal was having a great company, because it was actually true,

f r e e
                                              That you couldn't
                                              see it coming from m e

All those

Out.Of.Canvas : Edit : Minor typo corrections, nothing to worry about

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:08 am
User Image
                                                            "Oh," Cathy said when Jean corrected her about the timeframe that his Dad was away. She supposed she could understand how his father might not want to lie to his wife and found it easier to omit the truth entirely, even if omission was a type of lie too. It was not her place to say that and she suspected there was more to the story on why Jean's father left his wife and toddler son. Coming from a pureblood family it could easily be a matter if family disproval. And not that she thought Jean's grandparents were like hers but she knew that if she had openly dated a halfblood like Jean it could have put Jean in danger. Iris being a girl could be written off as a phase (and them dating had been), Jean could not be as easily dismissed. Sometimes Cathy suspected David had threatened Jean as a way of protecting him. David had sort of lightened up and was more now taking the role of lecturing her about being safe and not rushing into anything. Sure her brother did not trust her boyfriend but David had trust issues.

As for Jean's parents' love story she dreamed of someday having a love so strong that she could pick up where she had left off even after years. She said, "David was the one who played governor the most for me. He wanted me to be as close to the top of the class as possible, but he also wanted to protect me from the darker sides of the magical world... It didn't work out so well but I have to admire and appreciate his efforts, and all the more as I get older.". She shrugged and said, " As for perfection... It was just expected of all of us. Mum was so pretty and Dad was brilliant, it goes to follow that David and I and even Leah to be the same way. And sometimes I feel bad living in my brother's shadow because he is so smart. I feel like all I have is being pretty and maybe quidditch and how much does that count for. ". She took a long sigh and then made a nervous laugh, " Sorry I shouldn't be so down on myself and no one wants to listen to someone go on about their insecurities. It isn't very flattering, right? "

When Jean mentioned the media she smiled and said, "Don't worry I don't plan to do anything crazy to get noticed. And the first year or so I will probably be so busy polishing up my skills to a professional level."

After their kiss Jean agreed more or less to taking a vacation and butterflies began to flutter in her stomach at the thought. She was glad that she had a full face of makeup including foundation which was no doubt helping to hide the fire under her cheeks. She considered it and said, "Maybe after Christmas... I plan to go to David and Leo's for that. It is his birthday so usuely he is grumpy but I think he is getting better about it because of Leo but I don't want to leave her alone to make sure he isn't a sourpuss. Dani and I were talking about going on a holiday and mentioned Paris. New year's inParis should be fun, right?"

Cathy grinned when Jean said he and his mum cooked and especially made the cake and joked as she took a bite of the meal, "A sweet guy and a good cook, how did I turn out to be so lucky?"

{OoC: posted on my phone. Forgive any typos, please.}
                                                            Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff