Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[PRP] Band of Misfits (Pehmeä x Raskogr)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:18 pm
User Image

Life was tough as the black sheep.

Her entire family was, well, typical Stormborn. Brilliant, iron-blooded fighters who valued the feeling of skin under their claws over anything else. Pehmeä, who grew faint at the mere suggestion of blood, didn't quite fit in, in that respect. She'd rather use her mind. And that made her sort of an outcast - not only in her family, but in the entirety of the pride. Not only was she a female, but she was a weak fighters as well - essentially useless aside from the talents of her womb. At the thought, Pehmeä scowled.

However, there were those in the pride who held high regard for their use of their brain. The most brilliant of memory and mind - the Lawspeakers. Trusted to keep the law and history of the entirety of the Stormborn. In particular, Pehmeä often thought of her uncle, Stigtyr. Although she was not lucky enough to know any of the pride's Lawspeakers, it was incredible to get to watch Stigtyr pursue a completely different avenue outside of your typical Freeborn, whose highest goal might be a Captainship. To Pehmeä, Captains were commonplace - anyone could get there with a strong enough paw. But rarely was anyone smart enough to end up as a Lawspeaker. The existence of the position alone was enough to give the female hope that life within this difficult (albeit wonderful) pride could get better.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:14 am
User Image

The plaintive whining voice grated on his ears, making him flatten them back against his head with irritation. The freeborn, one of the innumerable useless bags of flesh that came to see him each day, was going on about how a handsome reaver had stolen his girl away from him. "Why do I care?" Raskogr finally snapped, turning to glare at the baleful looking freeborn. "If you are too weak to keep your woman, stop whining and go do something about it!" Finally at the end of his patience he rounded on the other male. Raskogr was not what you would call imposing, or even impressive. In a pride of fighting lions he was noticeably thinner, tall thanks to the traditional Stormborn blood in his veins but without the meat and muscle on him that most of the pride possessed. He was incredibly lean, with a long thin face and long limbs. But his attack, when it came, was lightening fast, claws slashing across the freeborn's muzzle and eliciting a sharp cry of pain that only seemed to irk the Lawspeaker further.

"Get away from me you useless sack of bones!" He growled, bright blue eyes narrowed with cold indifference. The lion, for all that he was a freeborn, must have outweighed Raskogr by a hundred pounds or more, but he flinched away from the Lawspeaker's scathing voice and bowed, rapidly back-walking before he turned tail and fled in disgrace. Raskogr, watching the male race away with his tail literally tucked, snorted a humourless laugh and shook his head. "Pointless waste of time." he grumbled, turning to resume the walk that had been so rudely interrupted when he spotted a black and white female lingering nearby.

"Get a good show, did you?" He asked, his previously furious tone flat and dry. Blue eyes sharp and intent upon her.

Ruler of Everything

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:17 am
Pehmeä had been watching the Lawspeaker intently, a soft smile on her face. Although she shirked away from violence, the clawing wasn't just violence - it was justice. Perhaps not the justice the Reaver originally sought, but the justice he deserved. Watching the Lawspeaker work made her heart flutter a bit, feeling the way she imagined her siblings felt after a good fight.

The young girl had been viewing the interaction from what felt like the outside of things. So she was startled when the thin lion turned on her, addressing her in a rather monotonous voice. Although she could not discern whether or not he was angry at her for invading on what may be a private scene, she reacted in her usual, flippant tone. "Best show I've seen in this pride yet," she remarked, bowing her head slightly to indicate some level of respect. "My apologies for my intrusion - I just couldn't resist. Some of these reavers are absolute dolts - it's nice to see them get what they deserve every once in a while." A flash of heat broke out over her face, realizing she was word vomiting, yet again. A terrible habit for a misfit within a pride of fighters, but a habit nonetheless. Silently, Pehmeä hoped for only a mild berating from the Lawspeaker - it never was a good idea to get on their bad side.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:42 am
Her words pulled a sardonic smile from the thin male, bright eyes fixed on her even as his brow arched high, fangs flashing briefly in dark humour. "Glad you enjoyed it." He responded his tone still that unreadable mix of lazy contempt and black amusement. Resuming his walk he strolled past her, tail swinging behind him lazily. After a moment it was clear that he was not going to turn his claws on the female, but equally that it was up to her if she wanted this brief meeting to continue.

Raskogr was a well known Lawspeaker for the pride, his temper dark and his words often cutting. He was cruel and often harsh but his judgments were never wrong. He would spend considerable energy and time getting to the heart of a matter and it didn't matter how well hidden the truth was, Raskogr always found it. Though that didn't guarantee that either of the two parties that had sought the Lawspeaker's aid would go away happy with the result. More often than not both would be disappointed, but forced to accept the judgment as right.

Raskogr was also well known for one other thing, something that the lion would much rather everyone in the pride would forget. That he was Captain Ragnvard's younger brother. A Captain as feared by his rivals as he was admired by his reavers, and not someone a single member of the pride would wish to cross. In that, both brothers shared the same trait.

Ruler of Everything

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:28 am
After Raskogr's quick comment, he walked lazily past her, and she started to panic. Was that it? Was there nothing she could do to continue this? Pehmeä was self-conscious of the idea that she might annoy him, presenting an unwarranted irritation in the midst of his otherwise pleasant day. But she had to say something.

Her tail twitched, nervous, before spouting out, "I'm a big fan of your work." She looked up to him (literally) before lowering her eyes once more. Although Raskogr was one of the more cruel Lawspeakers within the pride, he was not as terrifying as his brother. But even so, Pehmeä still found herself intimidated by him. Whether it was a mix of profound respect and terror or one more than the other, it was stunting the poor girl. "My, ah..." She scrunched up her face, looking up again. "I'm Pehmeä, niece to Lawspeaker Stigtyr." Her eyes rolled upward, attempting to think of how to continue. "I want to learn. I want to... follow the path those greats, like yourself, before me have paved. But I don't want it to be easy. Following my uncle, I think, would... discredit me in some way?" Her voice arose in question, but she didn't mean it as an inquiry. "I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what I'm getting at..." Pehmeä sighed, standing once more. "I can just leave, this was probably a terrible idea."

Tanakako

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:22 am
He had already gone several paces before her blerted words brought his attention back to her. Pausing mid-stride and looking back at her over one pointed shoulder, both brows now raised in sardonic humour. "Is that so..." He returned drolly, tone flat yet amused. After a moment he turned back around to face her, tail curling slowly behind him as he regarded her, his critical gaze so often turned upon unsuspecting reavers now fixed on her.

"Stigtyr.. hu." He huffed, expression twisting slightly. Of course he knew of the other lawspeaker, there were few enough of them in the pride that it was unavoidable, but Raskogr wasn't a social lion and tended to distance himself from everyone, even his fellow Lawspeakers. "No, I dare say it would be considered abuse of his position." He agreed. "The pride would most surely consider you riding his tail to get into the rank." Slowly he paced round her, rather like a shark circling a particularly tastey looking fish. His sharp gaze narrowed in assesment. Finally he stopped once mroe in front of her, one brow lifted in that slightly amused, slightly condascending expression, as if he knew something embarassing about you but wasn't about to share it.

"Bah." He snorted, fangs glinting as he sneered. "Nothing 'great' about me, or your uncle." He replied, surprisingly frankly. "Don't bother if you think being a Lawspeaker is all about righting the wrongs, being the hero and having the adulation of the dull-witted reavers... " He eyed her intently for a long moment, seemingly waiting for her to look guilty or argue with him. But eventually he huffed again, as if confirming something in his own mind.

"Of course you do. or you wouldn't have stopped me. You got the job." He said, in that same flat tone when she didn't speak up.

Ruler of Everything
Ugh so sorry!! I got behind on my tags!

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out