(PRP Jauhar) Shopping!! (Bushi and Sauron) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:44 pm
Sauron thought Vep had something with the buying of all the presents idea, but he wanted to make sure that everyone got something before he went off to Oba with her, who knew where the four winds would take his children as time went on , there might very well be one in a few different countries when all was said and done and who knew when they would all be conviniently in one town again, never mind one house, soon they would be marching off in rank to have their own families and he would ...be a grandpa, oh! That was both a joyful thought and a terrifying one. He flicked his long luxurious mane and wondered where Mano had wandered off too. Maybe Sauron would find him in the market during his shopping. He wanted some out of the ordinary things for his family, they had all the shifter doodads now it was time for something fresh, something new.

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 am
Duke Edward Drake

Ast was a new place for Bushi, one that he had been brought to by some fellow merchants, and the big man was currently setting up shop among some of the others in the marketplace. It seemed to be a nice enough place though he knew he was getting a few looks here and there from those around him. Not as though he were too suprised, not everyone in the world was keen on Obans, but he wouldn't let that stop him from trying to find some customers as well as making some trades. He wanted some goods from Jauhar before he started traveling again and thanks to Ouen providing him with some various treasures, treasures that Bushi had been modifying, he had plenty to sell and trade. Now all he needed were some customers.

"Alright Aatos, Profit, it's up to you to draw in the customers." He said jokingly to his two familiars. The big bushi turned to look at him, his golden eyes blinking slowly. Atop his shell the tiny bird, who looked even tinier by comparison, set to hopping up and down, flapping her wings, and chirping. Giving her a thumbs up he said, "At least one of you is into their job." Here was to hoping the pair would draw the attention of customers from a distance and draw them over to the various goods that he had laid out on a nice blanket before him.

After giving Aatos a pat on the shell Bushi sat down comfortably behind the blanket, working on the creation of a new necklace as he waited for potential customers to arrive.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:26 pm
Orpheus Solon

Sauron walked around the encampment once, taking stock of his options before ambling over to where a young kinfa was doing a rather intricate and loud bird dance. He drifted closer, ahh a bushi too, not the swiftest of mounts but strong and implacable, to have both a kinfa and a bushi would mean a most interesting owner he was sure. His own mount Skava, a pale radaku ambled along behind him, gazing about the proceedings interestedly while his long tale bounced out a comfortable rythym. Sauron scratched his ears and hurried toward the booth. "Hello in there?" He called, peeking he could see part of an Oban, oh this was excellent, he hoped the man wouldn't mind sharing some information and perhaps be selling some goods as well. His curoiusity got the best of him and he peered around at the stall from the fine goods, some of which caught his eye to the two interesting creatures outside. The man was lucky his daughter wasn't here, he was certain she would be plastered on the poor bushi's shell gazing into the eyes of the kinfa by now. Or at least she would have when she was smaller and cuter and could more easily get away with such behaviour.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:44 pm
Duke Edward Drake

The manner in which Profit was chirping away changed, catching the attention of Bushi who gave her a glance, then looked toward the approaching Shifter. He gave him a once over, taking in his expression and his posture, before he smiled, "Hello and welcome to my humble little set up." He said, it was always nice to see a friendly customer. There would always be those who were a little lacking in hospitality because Bushi was an Oban, but this man seemed to be friendly enough, "Everything you see laying before you is for sale, along with a few other items that I prefer to keep with Aatos. Anything of too high a value or extremely useful like water skins are put up, to keep them from being knicked."

Setting down the decorative piece he was working on he asked, "Is there anything in particular that you are looking for today or are you just browsing?" Always good to ask before he tried too hard to sell something to someone who was just looking. He'd learned long ago that a lot of people found enjoyment out of just walking around a marketplace, looking a dreaming, but not actually buying anything. Best to figure out if the Shifter was one of those or a serious customer.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:41 pm
Orpheus Solon

"I'm looking for gifts for my family, I have a bit of a large one, so well first off do you have any wifely items avaiable? I would like something beautiful but strong for my wife Kelina, she has been stoic and supportive at all times and means so much to me that its hard to express it in words, so I thought I would find and item to perhaps display my love a little easier." He scratched his head hoping he hadn't confused the poor man with his rambling. "I think she likes blue the most."

It might be great fun to be walked through the mans wares. "Anything with a good story would also be welcome. She is just the first on my list though with 5 more people to go."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:14 am
Duke Edward Drake

"Gifts for a big family, eh? I am sure that I have something on hand that may appeal to them." Bushi said, giving a bright smile. A large family, eh? He rather liked the sounds of that, as well as liked the idea of selling this man enough to make sure that his 'large family' were all content with their gifts from their father. He really had been right about visiting Jauhar he thought to himself as he pushed himself up to his feet, "Now, what I have laying out here before me are some nice trinkets, simple jewelry, accessories to wear in one's hair, and the like. Now, as far as something beautiful for a wife, those sorts of things I keep tucked away."

Digging into one of Aatos's packs Bushi got out a wooden box, opening it up. Inside were other pieces of jewelry, these ones of a higher quality, with rarer metals and brighter stones, "These sorts of things are more the sort of 'wifely items' that I carry." He said, looking them over before he tapped a finger against a silver necklace. The swirling metals holding in place a bright red jewel, "When it comes to stories I'd go with this one, the stone used to belong to a princess once upon a time ago. It came into my possession through some trading and I made sure that it had the best settng possible for it by hiring the best jeweler in Sulburi." The 'best jeweler in Sulburi' actually just being Bushi himself, but that didn't sound as flashy.

"As for the other five you mention, are they daughters or sons? That will likely help when it comes to picking out gifts for them."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:16 pm
Orpheus Solon

Sauron admired the exquisite jewellery, "It is most striking! I think that will do nicely for her, she is my princess, or rather queen after all." Beautiful, dangerous looking and unique, definitely his Kelina. "I have two older twins, one is a boy and one a female, he is kind of the mediator of the family, quiet but strong, as of yet I don't think he has chosen what he wants to do yet. But he is very dependable, solid as a rock, but young, very young still."

Kresimir posed quite the conundrum for his father, he was not an easy book to read besides the protective instincts that it seemed all his children had inherited from their parents. "He might be one of the hardest to find something for, would you happen to have some more unique, or rarish items that are a bit quirky?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:47 am
Duke Edward Drake

Giving a smile Bushi set the necklace aside, "Alright, we will put this here for now while we figure out the other gifts." He told the Shifter standing before him, quite delighted that the man had decided to buy the ruby necklace from him. He'd been carrying that one for a while and it was nice to find a customer for it. Giving a smile he listened as he started to describe the next one that he was wanting to get a present for, his oldest son from the sounds of it.

"Let's see, unique and quirky, huh? If he has long hair I can show you some hair clips I've made recently. They are made of the wood of some trees that grow only in Oba and are decorated with mother of pearl and some kinfa feathers curtesy of Profit." He motioned to the blue bird perched on Aatos's shell, "The feathers of a 'blue bird of happiness' are said to bring said happiness to anyone that possesses them." He said as he moved to get another box that had said hair accessories laid out in them, kept there to keep the feathers from being damaged before they were purchased.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:49 pm
Orpheus Solon

"He does indeed have long hair, and as a shifter his skin, in either phase would look good with the blue that your friend sports." Sauron peered somewhat suspiciously at the oban, was the merchant perhaps a little on the psychic side? Interesting. The barettes themselves were lovely, "One of these would work well for my youngest daughter as well, I'll take two." He said while internally he congratulated himself on picking the best merchant here today, the man seemed to have an answer..or two for everything.

"My eldest daughter is a beast charmer want to be, so anything heavy to do with animals like a pelt or bone would probably appeal to her." He brushed a finger gently along one of the feathers, fitting somehow that Kres and Vep would have matching feathers, the pair seemed almost inseparable, it would serve as a reminder to them both of their special bond while they were apart.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:20 am
Duke Edward Drake

"Ahhh, I see. Wonderful that it will work out like that." He said, glad to hear that the boy did in fact have long hair since it meant that the 'blue bird of happiness' hair pins would work out well for not only one, but two of the Shifter's children. That meant two of them sold as well which in turn meant that Profit was living up to her name and making a profit. He'd be sure to give her a treat in exchange later, but for now they needed to figure out presents for the rest of this Shifter's family group.

Next it seemed as though it was a Beast Charmer that they had to find a present for. He gave a humming sound in his throat, tapping a finger tip against his chin in a thoughtful manner. Let's see... what to get for a person that wanted something made of pelts, bones, or the like, "Let's see... I might have a necklace made with janarim fangs. I will dig around and see if I can find it among Aatos's packs." Digging around in his packs Bushi worked on finding the necklace. Aatos was wearing so many packs these days that it could at times be tough to find the things he was looking for. He really should reorganize one of these days.

After a moment he he gave a smile, "Here we are." He said, taking it out of the pack, holding it out to Sauron to see. The large fangs and colored beads jingled as it swung back and forth, "How this?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:06 am
Orpheus Solon

This was by far the most effortless shopping he had ever done. "Yes that would be perfect for her, I know she will love it. Do you have a card or contact information? I'm having such a blast I would be honored to give you repeat buisness. Since you have such fantastic skill at banishing husbandly and fatherly woes."

He admired the necklace, the teeth were even bigger then the radaku ones around his own neck. So cute.

"Now there are only two left, I have an overly quiet son and an overly not quiet at all son."

"Vukasin, is really deep I think, always pondering something, maybe a journal to record his thoughts? As for Vallenhyyr, I don't know maybe a fire making kit? While I pray he doesn't use it to accidentally burn the house down." Sauron grinned. "I'd be open to other ideas too if you had them."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:22 pm
Duke Edward Drake

Bushi gave a smile, pleased to hear that the Shifter thought that the janarim fang necklace would work well for his daughter. He was glad to hear it since not only was he happy to find the right items for people but he was glad to be able to lighten Aatos's packs even if just a little bit. That he was also getting himself a repeat customer who wanted his card, that had a nice sound to it he thought to himself. Today really was a good day, making him glad that he'd decided to come to Ast instead of heading toward Sauti which had been his original plan.

"Two left, hm? I will do my best to find something for them as I have the others." He said, giving a smile. Were he not so happy with his lift as it was presently he might be a little envious of the man's big family since Bushi didn't have one of his own. He didn't have one of his own but that didn't mean that he couldn't see to it that other families were made happy he thought to himself.

The first up was one that he suggested a journal for. Turning to look at Aatos he gave a thoughtful sound, "Let's see here." He murmured, digging around in the packs, "I don't have a journal myself, though given a bit of time I could get you one through a bit of trading with some of the local merchants. Now if I can find it..." He murmured, digging around for a moment before he gave a happy sound, "Now, every could use something like this." He said, holding out a writing utensil for him to see. "I made the quill from a feather I traded for, I am told its from a firebird from Sauti. The tip is made from bone and will write smoothly. I also have some dark purple, nearly black ink if you require that? If you decide to buy both I will toss in the journal for free if you'd like to come back to pick it up?"

And then there was the one who he'd suggested a fire kit for. That was something that had Bushi tilting his head back, giving a thoughtful sound, scratching his chin, "Let's see... as for the last gift... that might be a difficult one. How to make a fire kit interesting so he doesn't feel that he didn't get as flashy a gift as the others." Rubies, janarim fangs, and firebird feathers were all nice objects, beautiful and rare, and Bushi would hate for the final boy to just get some random fire starting kit. After a moment he gave a nod, "I might have an idea."

Digging around in his packs he got out a few things, kneeling down so he could set to work preparing a piece of red stone he had, "This is called a bloodstone, if I chip it in just the right it will work together with a bit of metal to start a fire." He'd see to it that both the metal and the bloodstone had the secondary task of also looking nice along with being functional, that way the gift could be worn when not in use, "If you like I can prepare this gift by hand and have it ready along with the journal?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:45 pm
Orpheus Solon

"That would be exceptional, a custom built fire kit for my little fire ball. Yes, I'll take the ink and quill as well, I hope they will be as happy with these gifts as I am. All of the finest quality, color me impressed." So this was why Seze adored good shopping days so much, you got almost a high off it if you were lucky enough to have such a fantastic day as this one.

His family would be well outfitted indeed for whatever came next in their more often then not chaotic lives. What with yael seeping onto the continant. He still wanted to meet a Yaelian darn it. He rather thought that they wouldn't head to Oba like he was supposed to be.

It made him happy that he could give all of his family a treat like this. They needed some TLC to his line of thinking.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:46 pm
Duke Edward Drake

"I've seen a few in Oba where the steel was in the shape of a beast, something that looks good but is also useful. Form and function are always something that one thinks about even in the most simple of objects." If one were to put a boring old flint and steel next to one that had a crystal striker and steel in the shape of a beast it was obvious which would get the most attention. He was glad to see that the Shifter seemed to understand and wanted a more fancy kit for his son.

Turning to Aatos he dug around in the packs, getting out the quill and ink, putting them with the rest of the items that the man was looking to purchase, "Now, since you are buying quite a bit from me today, as well as getting a few items once they are found or created, I am willing to give you a discount. I also accept trades if you have any materials that you can offer me. Jewels, rare metals, feathers, any sort of trade goods really that are distinctly of 'Jauhar' are things that I am looking for." He was always more then willing to trade when he could since he wanted plenty of foreign goods gathered for when he got home so that he could trade all the new things away there.

"If you prefer to pay though that is also an option, just let me know what you prefer." Bushi said, giving the Shifter a bright smile.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:05 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Well I have some baby radaku teeth that I carry around for luck, they make good jewellery, the rest I think will have to be money, I have more tradables at home but I didn't bring them with me." He did a brisk buisness in moss used for medical purposes so he was mostly confident he had enough for this extravagant expenditure.

"Can I get a quote? I can also make some green and purple face paint given the amount of time that you will need to prepare the other items." What else could he barter for the goods? " I also have some pressed flowers that make good art, they are all Jauharan in origin. But I'm not sure if something like that would be of interest to you." He looked at the man inquiringly.

Rummagning in a pocket he pulled out the baby teeth from his daughters pups. He found them embedded in his shoe and kept them. It was a everyday hazard.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff