[PD] Checkup for Earako

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arafel
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:35 pm
Kat let out a sigh, leaning against the counter. Last appointment as far as she knew... Hopefully it'd be easy like the lice was, and not poor Chath's dehydration problem.

Se peered over the clipboard, vampire bat... Albino. hm.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:52 pm
"Da'... can we jus' go home? Please?" Earako clung to Michael's arm, dragging her feet and looking up at him over her glasses in a manner that usually won her worlds. She didn't want a checkup. She was fine. Just sneezing and, well, yeah, her ears did hurt a lot. But seeing the doctor? That was scarier than her ears.

"Earako, that's enough." The edge in his voice was obvious, though he counted to ten twice before speaking. Though he made a point of never yelling at his daughter, there were times when she pushed him to his absolute limits. The last few days, with his little girl sneezing, hurting, and just generally miserable, had been a drain. What was he supposed to do? The doctor was the only option, and he was tired of her objections.

Walking into the room, Earako clinging to his hand and trying to keep them both out of the room, he managed a tired smile for Kat, "Umm... hi. Appointment for Earako?"  

lithle

Arafel
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:58 am
Kat spun around giving a bright smile to the two "Aa, come in! Lets get Earako up on the table and have a look at whats wrong shall we?" She picked up her clipboard that had been set next to the jar of lolipops "So what symptoms has she been having?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:58 am
Scooping the reluctant girl up into his arms, Michael set her firmly on the table, ruffling her hair gently as he settled her in place. "You're gonna be fine, Kid." He murmured, tone already calmer now that someone was going to deal for the problem. He didn't step away, allowing Earako to cling to his hand so that she wouldn't get too nervous.

"Mostly just cold things. She's been sneezing plenty, coughing a little. Stuffy nose too. But the real problem is her ears. I don't know, maybe it's from her sinuses being all plugged up, but they're really hurting her."

Earako, for her part, was too miserable even to summon up a polite greeting for Kat. She held tightly to her fathers hand, and if her white skin could have paled any futher, it would have.  

lithle

Arafel
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:26 pm
Kat nodded "Oh i see.. Yea, colds can cause ear problems or even ear infections." She dug out her little supplies, taking temperature, blood preassure, heartbeat...
Then to the eas. She frowned at the tiny human ear utinsel, turning back to the cabnets. "Hm.." she puzzled to herself. Nope.. no... Aha! "Got it!" She pulled out a flashlight, heading back to the girl. "Watch your eyes, kay?"

Once the girl had sheilded her sensitive eyes Kat clicked on the flashlight and peered into the girls ear. "They're alittle red... And some swelling..." she moved tot he other ear "Here too... But thats all I see. Doesn't look like anything serious!" She smiled, turning off the flashlight. "Try some decongestant, and I'll get you a perscription for some ear-drops to help the pain and swelling."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:53 pm
The feeling of the various medical tools felt strange and ticklish on Earako's skin, she bit her lip, squirming in place, but couldn't help but let out a little giggle despite herself. The sound, high and breathy, had an obvious touch of congestion to it, but at least she seemed to be calming down. The light in her ears was less amusing, but she sat still for it, studying the flashlight curiously when Kat was done. "Did you see my brains?" She asked, genuinely curious.

Michael nodded at the advise, making a note to go to the drug store after they were done with the check up. He'd been a bit worried about buying her medications. "Is there any special kind? I mean... with her being different, I guess I'm not sure if there's medicines she can't have."  

lithle

Arafel
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:35 am
Kat giggled at the girl's question, "Hmm.. I think i did, it was reeeally big!" she held her hands out breifly, then snatched a perscriptions pad form her pocket. "Hum... Nope, I think her DNA is pretty safe, try to keep to fairly low dosages though, then move up if they don't seem to be working after several days." she nodded, scribbling down some name and dosage, finishing it with her signature. "Here. This is for the ear drops." she tore it off and passed it to him, tucking a copy onto the clipboard.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:43 am
Earako's eyes went eyes went a bit wide behind at Kay's words. She had seen her brain? And it was big? That must mean she was smart. Da' always said she was a clever girl, but he was her Da' and sometimes she thought that meant he said things just to make her feel good. "Da' I gots a big brain!"

"'course you do, Kid." Michael responded tugging his hand free from Earako's grip and ruffling her hair lightly. He smiled at Kay, the expression genuine, almost gentle. He couldn't help but be grateful to her for her kindness to his little girl. The bat had been so reluctant to come, and he felt confident that do to Kat's kindness, he wouldn't have to deal with the same fear in the future. Tucking the perscription into his wallet, he nodded at the instructions. "I'll do that. Thanks. How long do you think before this clears up?"  

lithle

Arafel
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:06 pm
Kat giggled, smiling back to the man infront of her. How she loved children... Cute. So easy to plase too.

"With this care.. I'd say only a week or so." She nodded, turning to pass the child a lilipop from her jar. "If you have any questions feel free to call me!" She smiled, moving to open the door for the two.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:11 pm
"C'mon, Beauty. Time to go." Michael swept his little girl into his arms, squeezing her tight with her feet off the ground before setting her down. "We gotta be getting home."

"M'kay." Looking up at Kat, lolipop already in her mouth, she managed a smile, already feeling more enthusiastic, if not better. "Thanks." She held tightly to her father's hand, almost tugging. She wanted to get out, get medicine, and make her ears stop hurting. Michael let her drag him, waving briefly over his shoulder as they headed down the hall.  

lithle

[Trashbin]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff