Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Creed Family~ Needs Editing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GracefulRose_Knight

Shadowy Rogue

5,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:50 pm
Hello! And welcome to the guild! First and foremost, the first post in a family thread should have the names of all members of the family. (Which can include NPC or deceased characters.) If you're curious as to what that looks like, you can browse through any accepted family profile for examples of how the thread should be set up. And be sure to send in your character's Face-Claims, I'm afraid Kristina Primenova is already taken by a different user, so you'll need to find a different face for Emilie.

For Jessamine's profile, I noticed you've left a few questions blank. The current guild year is 2032, which can be found on the guild homepage in the Weather & Calendar. Using that year, you will be able to find your character's graduation year (their birth year + eighteen, which is when they graduate.) You're also missing a "Dream Job". Moreover, you stated your character has been working in the same place since she left school, if that's the case, you would state where her job is and label it as *pending*. It'd be pending, because you still have to send in a separate Job Application if you want her to have a magical job. If you want to wait and roleplay getting a job in-character, that's fine, just be aware that the age your character is now will be the age you start your career. The only exception to this is if your character has a muggle occupation, like bartender, or lawyer, or real estate agent, etc. Then you can list it as is without need for approval. I also just noticed that you sent in an application for a store, please be aware that you should wait until your character is either accepted or pending before sending in an application. Next, and I think this may be a mistake, but Jessamine couldn't have "dated girls in high school" if she was technically in Hogwarts. She couldn't have attended both a muggle and magical school, not at the same time. Also, (and this more a question/side note,) but who is Adeline? And why is she mentioned only once? Is she a family member? Or a pet?

Now moving into Beau's profile, the boy cannot attend Hogwarts if he was born in America. Hogwarts students must be born somewhere in the UK and the British Isles. It is very possible that he was born in England, and then moved to America while he was still young and grew up there. Otherwise, he would've attended an American wizarding school, we currently have one connected to the guild called Salem Witches Institute (which is now co-ed.) Also, being a "squib" doesn't defy blood status. Most pureblood's have squibs, but they are still pure of blood, because their parents and grandparents were of magical descent. Which is the technical definition of pureblood. So technically, Beau would be considered pureblood. And it should be noted that the Hogwarts guild will only accept first years. Meaning you will not be able to play Beau in the Hogwarts guild. He'll have to stay in the Ministry of Magic Guild, and only be posted during winter and summer breaks, as he should be in school, at least until he graduates. Then you can play him freely and find him a job. Moreover, you can only have two strengths and weakness listed, Beau has three in each.

Finally, moving on to Emilie's profile; since her mother is a pureblood squib, depending on her father's status, she would still be either a halfblood or pureblood. If she's not to have magic, then she'd be a halfblood squib and not a muggle, since her mother and maternal grandparents are magical. So, if you plan for her to not have magic, you could say "The school I'm at is: a muggle primary school." Otherwise, if you want her to attend Hogwarts, you should choose "The school I will be going to is: hogwarts." (And again, she can't attend Hogwarts if she was born in America.) Not to mention, if you do want her to join hogwarts, her personality will have to be expanded. It's how the sorting hat chooses which house a character is placed in, and it's easier to sort students with a detailed personality. Finally, I'll need more clarification on what you mean by Emilie being able to "seeing mystical creatures and ghosts". Which ones, and how? Is she the only one that can see them?Currently, the only creature known with that ability are thestrals, but where was she to see it? Magical creatures can be seen by anyone of magical descent, and they aren't usually wandering around in the open. Any witch or wizard can see a ghost, it wouldn't be exclusive to only Emilie. But again, they aren't just anywhere. They're hidden from the muggle world, so Emilie would have to be somewhere with a magical background to even see them, like Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade grounds, for example. If you have any questions, you can feel free to PM me at Essy ze Ninja. Thank you! ✔ Essy 1/12/16

Hi, my name is Jessamine Flora Creed

But I mostly go by Jess

I'm a Female

I'm 28 years old

My birthday is March 26th

I work in (I haven't applied for a job yet)

My dream job is (what does your person want to do? Even if you have a job right now, does your character want to do something else?)

My blood status is Pure Blood

The house I was in was Slytherin

I was in the class of (the year you graduated)

I'm interested in Girls

I'm currently with No one

I may seem Cold and bitchy like I'm the queen bee but I'm really I am a bit cold but I use that to protect myself from getting hurt by others. I act like I'm all that to convince myself that I am because really I don't see much to me. I'm protective over my family and friends and won't take cr@p from others. I speak my honest opinion and I'm often describes as being brutally honest. I do go easy on children though.

My background story is I was born in England under two very rich and respected wizards. I had an older sister named Amelia who I called Amy. She was born a squib which was a huge disappointment to the family. My parents so obviously favored me over her but I actually hated Amelia for that. Since I was their one magic born child I had so much responsibility placed on me and expectations while Amelia could do whatever she wanted.

I purposely got terrible grades and acted out to try to get my parents off my back. Amelia on the other hand always got great grades and behaved, but my parents didn't seem to care. Eventually I got angry with my parents because Amelia was the perfect child and they were too stupid to see it. Amelia's good behavior made me hate her more as well because she didn't do well to try to impress the family, she knew she couldn't, she did it for herself. To prove to herself that she was better and worth more than the family thought.

Unfortunately while I hated Amelia I adored her at the same time. She was the only person I could be honest to growing up and the first person I told I was gay. She was understanding, warm, and accepting. However, she ended up getting pregnant during her last year of school which made the family crazy. She was pregnant with the child of a pure blood wizard but not one of "good background". She was beaten by our father while I was forced to watch. Afterwards she was thrown out on the streets and for months I didn't hear anything from her, but then one day she sent me a letter. It explained that she was fine and living in the muggle world with her son. The father of the child wasn't part of their lives which saddened Amelia but she said she was slowly moving on. From that day forward I started secretly writing to my sister.

During my time in high school I dated girls in secret while my parents set me up with this terrible bly who was from another well known pure blood family. He was abusive and cold, colder than me, and he even tried to force me to have sex with him but I used a spell to paralyze him temporarily. After that I broke up with him despite the anger it caused my family and came out to them. When my dad tried to beat me like he did Amelia I ran off. I ended up staying at my girlfriend's house and lived there until we broke up. She dumped me because I started to drink a lot more and do heavier drugs.

I dropped out of school, in my last year too, and started working at the same place I work at today. When I was 22 my sister's son and daughter were brought to me. They said Amelia disappeared leaving behind her 10 year old son and 3 year old daughter. I didn't even know Amelia had a daughter. We eventually stopped communicating with each other over time.

I was forced to raise the two with little money to my name. My nephew was also a hard one to raise but my neice is easy and sweet like my sister. I hate to admit it but my nephew reminds me of myself.

(Side Note: Amelia is 5 years older than Adeline)

I enjoy cigarettes, alcohol, fashion, make-up, parties, music, and television.

I despise overly happy people, bad television, ugly clothes, people bitchier than me, and being told what to do.

I'm afraid of my own feelings.

My strengths are negotiating and fighting

My flaws are teamwork and my big mouth

I look like Jena Malone

My wand is a 7 inches long elm wood wand with a veela hair core.

My pet is a I don't have a pet nor want one

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Charms- A
Transfiguration- O
Herbology- D
Defense Against The Dark Arts- EE
Ancient Runes- EE
Potions- A
Divination- P
Care For Magical Creatures- P
Astronomy- T
History of Magic- P
Wandless Magic- O
Arithmancy- P

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were: (Dropped out of school)

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have a Dragon tattoo going up my right leg.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:20 pm
Hi, my name is Beau Xavier Creed

But I mostly go by just Beau

I'm a male

I'm 16 years old (but look much older)

My birthday is October 14th

My dream job is to work with children.

My blood status is Half Blood (born of a squib and pure blood)

The school I'm at is. Hogwarts

The house I'm in is Griffindor

I'm interested in Girls

I'm currently with no one.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a loner with an attitude. I do my own thing and don't pay attention to the rules unless it threatens my chance of graduating on time. I'm smart even though I'm lazy, knowledge just comes naturally to me. While I'm reserved and even a bit rude towards people I always help out someone in need. Once you get to know me you see that I'm not so cold but just seem that way. I'm actually really caring and protective of my loved ones. I'd do anything for those I care about.

My background story is I was born in America to a squib mother. She apparently moved there after her snobby pure blood family kicked her out. I was the product of an affair she had but my mom refused to tell me much about my father other than he was never coming for us. My mom and I lived in a cr@ppy apartment as she struggled to work multiple jobs to feed us. Eventually she met a new man who was a tad old for her but who seemed nice and helped us out. Long story short, she got pregnant again.

After my little sister, Emilie, was born her new man ditched her like my dad. Being ditched a second time caused my mother to enter a depression. Some days she wouldn't get out of bed, not even to feed me, so I had to figure out what to eat and how to take care of my baby sister on my own. She started losing some of her jobs which made her depression worse and caused us to nearly starve.

I remember her constantly apologizing for being a bad mother but that she didn't know what to do. I ended up parenting her, giving her orders to feed to baby, get dressed, take me to school, etc. I would tuck her into bed and comfort her when she had nightmares or dark thoughts of killing herself. She tried to a few times but I stopped her. I haven't told my dear sister about any of that though, not do I plan to. I make my mom out to be a wonderful woman even though she wasn't.

One day I woke up and mom was gone. I waited for her to return but once good became scarse I called the police. The only family she was known to have was her sister in England so my sister and I were shipped over there to live with our aunt. Our aunt didn't want us as first but I begged her to take me and my sister in because if she didn't Emilie and I would be separated.

I was always a troublemaking kid. I was rude and disrespectful and didn't study but I promised my aunt is work harder if she took us in. She accepted and I stayed mostly true to my word. I started ignoring people instead of being mean to them and my grades improved. Eventually I didn't have to study a lot to keep up with school which was a plus for me.

At first I didn't know about my wizard roots but after moving in with my aunt she explained it to me. Big surprise, I turned out to be a wizard while my sister is a muggle, or so we think so far.

I enjoy children, my sister, books(secretly), domestic work(also a secret), animals, sleeping, cigarettes(occasionally) and the outdoors.

I despise alcohol, hard drugs(is ok with weed), bullies(even though I once was one), huge parties, and tight spaces(I'll freak out).

I'm afraid of tight spaces.

My strengths are academics(surprisingly), caring for others (also surprisingly), and physical strength.

My flaws are I'm bad at expressing myself at times, I try to handle everything on my own, and I don't always listen to what others have to say.

I look like Samuel Larsen

My wand is a 9 inches long maple wood wand with a pheonix feather core.

My pet is a German Shepard named Delilah and a cat named Jack (nicknamed Two-Face).

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Charms- A
Transfiguration- A
Herbology- O
Defense Against The Dark Arts- EE
Ancient Runes- P
Potions- EE
Divination- P
Care For Magical Creatures- O
Astronomy- A
History of Magic- A
Muggle Studies- O
Wandless Magic- EE

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are: (Only in his 6th years, hasn't taken these yet)
Herbology-
Muggle Studies-
Care for Magical Creatutes-
Defense Against The Dark Arts-
Potions-
Wandless Magic-
History of Magic-
Transfiguration-

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have a few tattoos: My sister's name(Right Forearm), and a Phoenix with a Cross(Center of my back).  

GracefulRose_Knight

Shadowy Rogue

5,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100

GracefulRose_Knight

Shadowy Rogue

5,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:37 pm
Hi, my name is Emilie Jessamine(after my aunt) Creed

But I mostly go by Em

I'm a female

I'm 9 years old

My birthday is May 4th

My dream job is to be a witch! But big brother says that's impossible so I guess I want to be a vet or detective or a superhero... There are too many choices! >.<

My blood status is Muggle(or so I seem to be so far)

The school I will be going to is (which Wizarding school will you be attending when your of age. If you have a child in a Wizarding school already, replace The school I will be going to is with The school I'm at is. If you are making a muggle family member, just state the high school or college/university.)

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm hyper, peppy and curious! Whenever something interests me I have to go investigate! I'm a pretty brave child, except I hate storms! I'm silly and pretty smart for my age.

My background story is I don't remember my mom but I've seen pictures of her. I was born in America and my mother went missing when I was just 3. My big brother always looked after me so I grew very attached to him. He made me fearless and always tells me how pretty I am! I was told that we aren't real siblings by mean kids since he has a different dad, but we are!

My aunt is nice to me but always fights with my brother. I think it's just because they are so much alike! I don't like how she smokes, it makes the house stinky. When she drinks certain drinks she acts loopy which bothers my brother. He always tells her not to drink those drinks around me and not to smoke inside but she doesn't listen.

Even though I never really knew my mom I sometimes see her in my dreams. I believe she loved me and my brother, but my brother doesn't talk about her a lot, neither does my aunt. I wonder why...

I enjoy animals, magic, my brother, sweets, the outdoors, and playing!

I despise cigarettes(they smell!), bullies, rainy days, sitting still, bad dreams, and being bored!

I'm afraid of thunder storms.

My strengths are sneaking around/figuring out mysteries and being cute!

My flaws are sticking my nose where it doesn't belong and spacing out all the time.

I look like Kristina Primenova

My pet is a white owl. My brother got her for me! I call her Northwind

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have two secrets! The fun one is that I can see mystical creatures and ghosts which makes my family question if I might be a which after all! The dark one that's not so fun is that when I was shopping with my brother one day to help him get school supplies I walked by an ally and saw a man get killed. I couldn't take my eyes away from the scene. The wizard who killed him looked at me with cold eyes and told me, "Run along child, before I change my mind. I strongly suggest not saying a word, or you'll be next." I did what he said and kept my mouth shut but to this day I want to find him and bring him to justice! Killing it wrong!  
The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games