Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:18 pm
Heras Box

While Dris was signing up for a tourney, Talisia found herself exploring Oba and the beasts it offered. “So that’s a Janarim.” She breathed in awe as another for the tourney rode on the dangerous beast, “He looks amazing, don’t you think?” Blinking innocently back towards her raptrix the girl had to hide a laugh at his grumpy expression, “Of course you’re still the best, Silva.” She reached out a hand to ruffle the feathers on top of his head, “Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten the reason I’m here.”

Others may be lingering around to train and duel, but Talisia was actually focused on wrapping bandages around her raptrix’s paws. The desert sands hadn’t been the kindest to his pads and so she made certain to keep them covered the best that she could. They should be fine by now. Her biggest worry had been infections, but it seemed that once Silva was bandaged up and regularly seen to that his paws were healing just fine. The thought made Talisia smile, “Just wait, you’ll be a sand warrior yet.”

Her tease resulted in the raptrix turning its tail where it circled the sands and laid down facing away from her.

“Alright, fine.” Talisia laughed at his obvious annoyance, “I’ll leave you alone.” Still what could she do? If Dris was going to be around here…how did she pass the time herself? Should she practice as well? After the great battle a year ago, Talisia had found that her skill with the whip was great. A shame that I didn’t reconsider the healing path before I found myself caught up by beasts. Not that she minded. She loved making new friends with all creatures and fighting alongside of them was the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:56 am
Sabra Knight

He trudged on despite the blaring heat. Gael had been sent on yet another errand for his aunt. The woman was relentless. Of course he couldn't really complain, she was trying to find her lost family, those that had been taken by the Obans. Which meant that he was the messenger and would know if they were found before anyone else. The only thing he didn't like was that these trips interrupted his training and took him away from Kani.

As he looked up he saw a rather large creature. One that had him slowing his pace. "What in the seas is that?" He said aloud. Of course as he got closer he saw that there was someone with it. Gael could only blink in awe at the strange beast. He'd never seen it before. Those wings though, he wondered if it could carry a rider.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:30 am
Heras Box

She was working on putting away her makeshift medical kit when a voice caught her attention. Hmm? Turning her gaze, the hybrid stared at the Matori who was approaching them. Since she was new to Oba this was the first time that she actually got a chance to be so close to a Matori and she found herself intrigued by his appearance. I suppose every race does have their quirks. Not that it was a bad thing by far, but it was very interesting.

"Silva, is what he prefers to be called." Talisia replied as she stood up and dusted the sand from her skirt, "Back in Zena, his species is called raptrix." Her expression was open, but her gaze wary. Even out here in Oba, she was always on edge for possible trouble. "The tourney is over that way if you were wondering." She nodded in the direction that Dris had disappeared before moving to check Silva's paws once more.

The raptrix just kept its calm gaze on the stranger while Talisia worked.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:59 pm
Sabra Knight

Having his thought answered startled him, until he realized that he had spoken aloud. Gael chuckled slightly before giving a nod of his head. "Sorry, I don't get out much." Mostly he stayed in Matori, though recently he seemed to be in Oba a lot more. "Ah, so that is what a raptrix looks like.." It was interesting to say the least. Very massive as well. For some reason he thought it was the wings that had most of the girth there.

When the girl mentioned a tourney he blinked stupidly. "A what-- Oh, no. I am actually on my way to the next village. Cutting through the desert is faster than taking the road." It also meant he ran into less Obans. Not that he could completely avoid them.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:33 am
Heras Box

It took Talisia a moment to realize that the stranger was still standing there, "It's alright. I don't expect many people to have been in Zena long enough for the chance." At least from this area. She was amazed even that she was here in the hot desert. If anyone from such warm climates went into those snowy mountains then they had her respect. Surely they would have to be covered in furs in order to not instantly freeze. The thought brought the faintest flicker of a smile to her lips.

Her distraction caused her hand to slip and the low growl of a raptrix gained her attention, "Sorry, Silva." Letting go of his paw the hybrid patted his side before standing to glance towards the Matori, "Oh. I apologize then. I saw so many strangers going in for the tourney that I just assumed..." The faintest bit of a blush graced her cheeks, "So you prefer desert travel to the road? Isn't it rougher?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 am
Sabra Knight

"No, I've never been to Zena." Gael had only really been as far as Sauti. And even that hadn't really been willingly. Curiously he watched the raptrix growl and lowered his eyes to the beasts paws. Seeing that the girl was wrapping them had him tilting his head in a confused manner until it dawned on him. The beast was used to walking on cold surfaces so the hot sand likely hurt.

Instantly he went searching through his pockets. Gael knew he had something that could help. As the girl spoke he shrugged his shoulders slightly. "It works the calves if that's what you mean, but it's faster since you don't have to worry about carts and crowds." The young matorian explained while digging through his coat. Then finally he pulled out a small clay jar.

"Here it is.. Uhm, try this on Silva's paws." It was a small concoction that his aunt made up to treat burns. It had a cooling effect so he hoped it would ease the heat as well as sooth any pain for the animal. "It's for burns and feels cold to the touch."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:44 pm
Heras Box

Talisia smiled faintly. It was probably best that the Matori hadn't been out that way. Perhaps he would have frozen in the cold of Zena's mountains. Or worse...run into someone like her mother. The thought sent an icy chill down her back. Eventually she would get her mother's presence out of her mind once more, but since recent events the trauma had returned.

Blinking at his words a slow smile spread across her features, "I suppose that makes sense." She had her own problems with crowds, especially as a hybrid in the strange land, and if the desert provided space then she would agree to that, "I have my own worries of crowds so perhaps I can try the desert road myself."

Her gaze never left the Matori as he seemed to search for something. Strange... She was trying her hardest to not be too wary of the stranger, but still previous experiences had her on her guard. Slowly she reached towards her whip before pausing in surprise, "A salve?" Talisia flushed lightly, "You want to give me this for Silva?" Slowly she reached out for the concoction, "Thank you." Teasingly she glanced back towards her familiar, "Hopefully this will help you out a bit, Silva." At the teasing the raptrix huffed before turning away.

Talisia laughed quietly as she turned towards the stranger, "I'll have to try it once I change his bandages. The sand's rather rough on his pads, I'm afraid." Pausing she glance towards the Matori almost shyly, "I'm Talisia by the way. I'm with a caravan while my...sister prefers to participate in tourneys I find that I'm trying to learn more about the culture here. The creatures of the area in particular hold my interest. Honestly, it's nice to meet someone in this area that's actually kind." She teased lightly. Many of the Obans seemed so stiff and then most of her time in the market had only lead to scuffles and others trying to pickpocket her.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:25 pm
Sabra Knight

Gael saw that she'd put her hand on her weapon and gave a slight smirk. At least she was prepared for anything. In Oba one could never be too careful. All the same he was grateful that she didn't use it on him. As she took the salve he offered he nodded his head. "No problem, my aunt makes the stuff all the time. Little ones that play outside all day sometimes get burned by the sun." And he knew that his father used it when he burned himself at the forge as well.

When the young woman introduced herself he gave a polite nod. "I'm Gael. I don't actually live in Oba thankfully." He wasn't sure if he could stand it if he did. There was something about the tropical region of Matori that called to him. It was likely he'd never leave it.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:10 pm
Heras Box

"I suppose she's very crafty then." Talisia smiled as she listened to Gael, "In this area I would believe it. I'm still hiding mostly in my cloak during the day." At least in Zena the sun had been a warm blessing, but out here it began to burn. Everything...even the shaded sands were still warm to the girl's feet. As much as she missed her furs, Talisia would have melted away in them.

"Oh?" Talisia raised an eyebrow before laughing at her own mistake, "I'm sorry. I spoke without thinking." She shook her head, "Then you live in Matori? I hear it's beautiful there." She made a face as she looked around their desert scenery, "So what brings you to Oba then? If Matori is as beautiful as they say then I would be loathe to leave it."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:02 pm
Sabra Knight

"Well she's definitely good with plants." Gael replied. While he could call his aunt crafty it wouldn't be in the same context as what this girl was thinking. When Talisia mentioned hiding in her cloak for most of the day he looked at what she was wearing then gave a small chuckle. "Well yea, you're exposing all of your fair skin. You'd burn in a Zanteer second. Those with light skin tones should wear breathable fabrics." While he was amused at the mistake he didn't seem as though he was being condescending.

"Common mistake, really, but yes I do live in Matori." His village was just about as far away as one could get as well. Something that he truly enjoyed. "Ah, well.. my aunt actually sends me to Oba on a regular basis. She sends letters to a friend she has here." And rather than use the couriers like other, normal people, his aunt used him.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:13 pm
Heras Box

"Must be nice." Talisia stared at the gift from Gael. I just hope this helps with Silva. As much as the desert made her sweat, at least she didn't have bare paws to worry about. At Gael's chuckle the hybrid raised an eyebrow defensively, "I came from a land where I was covered in furs and heavy fabrics to Jauhar...it was easier in this." She shrugged lightly, "I was afraid I would melt in Oba so I stuck to it, but perhaps I'll look into more... breathable fabrics. If you believe they will protect me better and still prevent me from melting away in a Zanteer second?" She really still had a lot to learn about this area...

"You must live on the road then." Teased Talisia lightly, "I'm sure you have plenty of stories from adventures while delivering her letters. Still you must be close to your family to do such things for your aunt." In a way she was jealous. What if she had aunts and uncles who she could help out? Shaking her head Talisia went back to dig into her satchel, "Are you heading back home soon, then? Or are you heading back towards the city?" She could stretch her legs a bit since it wasn't like anyone was coming back soon. Maybe she should even look towards the tourney and check in on Dris? In a bit perhaps.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:01 am
Sabra Knight

He nodded his head at her and smiled. "Yea, it's nice to have her skills around." Now if he could just convince his aunt to deliver her own letters or use a courier.

"Nothing that exciting, I assure you." Something of which Gael was thankful for. Having too much fun in Oba was a bad idea anyways. "Close.... right." They all lived in the same hut and were crammed together. That was being close. Still he held a level of respect for the woman and did as she asked. With a shrug of his shoulders he ignored the question. Instead he focused on the last one. "I'm heading home actually."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:04 am
Heras Box
Sorry for the delay! <3

Ah, a smile. Talisia felt herself relax more. Talking for a change was nice and far better than fighting. Most of the time she had spent sparring with Dris and then when she was on her own it was either haggling with merchants or scuffling with strangers who thought to take advantage of a hybrid in the city. Her whip quickly taught them a lesson or two about etiquette. No matter where I go I am still a lady of Zena at heart... That at least was one thing that her mother had given her.

Talisia just raised an eyebrow at the remark, "I suppose it's just for a person like me without much family, it sounded nice." She smiled faintly, "But to each their own I suppose." Everyone's life stories were different and she definitely didn't know enough about the man before her to say much more. Still it was obvious disappointment that flickered in her gaze as she heard his destination, "Ah. Well I suppose then stretching my legs to walk with you a few paces may be out of the way."

Looking around the girl frowned, "Still it's not like much is going on here." Flushing faintly she glanced towards the Matori, "Would you want some company? Obviously I can't follow the entire way, but I could use a walk. Sitting in camp all day gets stuffy after a while."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:29 am
Sabra Knight

He noticed that she seemed to frown when he didn't reply enthusiastically about his family. "Ah, sorry. We all live in the same small house." So when she said close, well that was what was in his mind.

Gael looked at her a bit oddly when she mentioned walking with him. His eyes went to her familiar before they returned to her. "Of course you can walk with me, but will your familiar's paws be alright?" He was concerned for the beast. After all, having the bottoms of your feet burned was no fun.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:46 am
Heras Box

"Ah." Talisia actually chuckled, "I suppose that would be a bit cramped then." Imagining a tiny space crowded with a loud and lively family still seemed nice to her. It was far better than living in a huge space that just felt so empty...

Blinking Talisia glanced towards her familiar, "You're right." Reaching over the girl took a moment to hold the raptrix's head, "You okay here?" The great beast seemed to pause a moment as it sniffed towards Gael. After a brief moment he just turned around and laid out on a blanket stretched across the sands, "I'll be back soon."

Talisia smiled towards Gael, "Silva doesn't mind letting me walk a bit away. He's fine since the rest of the caravan knows he belongs with me. They're used to him resting here while I go into the market. Silva isn't much of one for crowds after all." And worst case scenario the raptrix would hear her whistle and come flying to her side. He especially was fine on his own, anyone who dared to try to come close to him found out about his claws and teeth quickly enough....

Still as she thought about things, Talisia flushed, "If it's a hassle I can stay back...I'm just not used to sitting still like this and so a walk seemed nice. It's much easier going with someone rather than walking alone...since you know how much Obans love foreigners and hybrids." Perhaps it was an odd request, but she hated staying still. If she stayed like this any longer then she would be the one baking in the sun. Perhaps I have been training too much? She was so used to sparring constantly that having a day off was awkward. "Unless there was something you needed to take care of here first?"

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff