Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:46 am
Heras Box
<3

She was running. Fear followed her throughout the streets as Shadiya successfully left city by city in Oba. Slowly, but surely the girl was finding her way outside of the country towards Matori. Just a little bit more. She constantly had to keep reminding herself to push away the shadows that haunted her. In the end her freedom was worth all of these risks. Even having to get dirty, to stumble around in the desert for a few days at a time…it was all worth it. Of course being on the run also meant that she had to avoid drawing as much attention as possible. Being caught this early in the game would be a pity.

The one thing she did hate was the fact that she always would need supplies. It was hard carrying a heavy load on your own, so the girl had opted to travel light save for the pouch of gold kept firmly at her side. From it she would buy a few days’ worth of provisions before going into the next oasis. It was such a time now that she found herself walking towards the market. While her step was light and graceful her features were hidden by a scarf wrapped tightly around her head.

Still it did little for those who wished to harass her, “Pretty lady why don’t you come back here? We could help you get all the supplies you need.”

Shadiay’s fuchsia gaze burned violet as she slapped a hand away from her wrist, “Truly, I’m fine. Thanks for the offer though.” She sidestepped one of the men who had stuck his foot out for her, “I already have a place in mind so if you would, I’ll be on my way.”

Feinting towards the left she actually darted towards the right and once more found herself running down the many stalls of the market. As she twisted through stalls the girl eventually tumbled into a more shadowed alley and crouched while the gang ran past. Thank goodness. Laughing at their antics, Shadiya just shook her head before leaning back to catch her breath. Who knew leaving her home could be so adventurous?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:15 pm
Sabra Knight

Gael had seen the exchange but hadn't done anything. At least he didn't intend to do anything. Until the girl had run and was followed by the men. The Matorian gave a groan and cursed to himself before he followed, though he wasn't running. A fast walk, perhaps, but there was no need for him to run. The girl was nothing to him. Heck he wasn't even sure why he was bothering to make sure she would be alright. As the gang ran on he lost sight of them and had to stop. Gael didn't look all that pleased. In fact he was frowning, but when he turned his head to look around he saw the girl in the alley that he had just managed to stop in front of.

You've got to be kidding me.. He thought to himself. Giving a last look after the group that had completely ran past he eyed the female before he stepped into the alley. "I will likely regret this, but are you alright?" Gael's dealings with Obans were not exactly of the pleasant kind. So far only one had managed to not be hated by him.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:42 pm
Heras Box

Shadiya nearly jumped in surprise as the Matorian approached her, "Oh." Sighing in relief she placed a hand against her chest as if calming a racing heart, "You startled me." As she dusted off her clothes the girl fixed the scarf tied around her face, "I'm alright...I think." Standing she stretched out her legs as if checking them for stability before moving forward. Alright so I can still move, nothing's broken and I don't feel any cuts... So her slide had been successful then. That was one good piece of news today at least.

"Are they gone?"

The girl moved forward as if to peek around the guard, "Sorry if I made a mess of anything, but those guys do not understand the word no." Then as she pulled back to glance towards the male, Shadiya frowned. Wait a second. "Why regret what?" She pouted slightly, "Talking to me?" Almost too innocently she bent her head to sniff her shoulder, "Do I look that awful? I promise I'm well behaved." It was a teasing statement, but surely she couldn't understand what harm she could offer him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:59 pm
Sabra Knight

Still frowning he nodded his head. "They are." Gael looked at the woman oddly as she seemed to behaving as though she had stolen something. Inwardly he sighed. He knew he shouldn't get involved with Obans! Still, the man in him told him not to ignore a woman in need. That was a voice he was going to have to ignore at some point. Less Kani get the wrong idea. "The last time I helped a woman from Oba.. well, things didn't go so well." He waved it off a bit as though it was nothing.

"Are you alright, miss?" He knew she hadn't broken anything, she was standing again, but that didn't mean she didn't have other ails. Then, for reasons he really couldn't phathom, he asked, "Do you need any help?"  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:17 pm
Heras Box

"Oh, well." Shadiya smiled faintly, "I suppose then I would be wary as well. I'll try not to cause a problem for you, promise." She brushed herself off once more before turning as if prepared to leave. It was best if she left him alone, right? The last thing she wanted to do was bring trouble to a nice person.

His question did cause her to hesitate, "I mean...it is hard to get things in the market by myself with those guys hanging nearby." She flushed lightly, "I really need items..." Shade blinked back over towards the Matori, "If you want to help me by hanging around while I buy some necessities then I would be ever grateful." She flushed, "That is if you want, if not I can manage." Should she offer him some coin or would that insult him? I really don't want to upset someone who already has a bad take on my kind. She truly didn't want to be grouped with all Obans. I'm not like them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:25 pm
Sabra Knight

Well now he'd done it. Gael sighed. He hadn't meant to imply that she would cause him trouble. He only meant to explain why he'd said what he said to begin with. Then she seemed to say that she needed things but couldn't really do much while the others were out and about. Reaching a hand up he'd push it through his hair and look toward the crowd. Then he nodded. "Alright, I can manage that." Granted he wasn't the biggest guy around but at least he could provide some bit of a barrier.

"I'm Gael, by the way." He said after clearing his throat. Just in case she needed to get his attention it would be best if she knew his name.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:35 pm
Heras Box

She had been prepared to turn away from him, but when he agreed Shade's face lit up in a brilliant smile. She truly hated violence and any way to avoid conflict was a blessing. "Oh thank you!" She clasped her hands together in thanks before pausing, "Do you happen to know any good vendors? If not I'll just find a stall."

"Gael." Shadiya nodded, "I'm known as Shade, it's a pleasure to meet you. I was honestly afraid that there wasn't a decent person in this town." Not that she had taken the time to socialize of course, but from those who had approached her he was the first genuine soul. I suppose I am fortunate today then. Peering out around to make certain the coast was clear, the girl slipped past the Matori and back out into the streets.

"I suppose we can go now then. Ready?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:51 pm
Sabra Knight

When she asked him if he knew any good stalls he had to look at her for a moment. "Well, what are you after?" Without knowing that he couldn't exactly point her in the right direction. Then again he didn't live here either. Gael was simply visiting, as he always did, because he had to deliver something for his aunt.

When Shade stepped out he followed. "Nice to meet you." While he spoke he was searching the crowd for signs that the gang had circled back.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:08 pm
Heras Box

"Travel supplies, mostly some food." Shadiya pursed her lips thoughtfully, "Perhaps a new cloak as well, but that's optional." Her poor old one was showing signs of wear and tear from being on the road. It was hard keeping warm at night in such a tattered thing.

Shade replied quietly, "Thank you, truly." She peered back over her shoulder, "After this if there's anything I can do to help you out just let me know. I'll be leaving tomorrow so this is my last chance to do anything." She smiled faintly. Not like she had much she could offer for favors. Protection was not her forte and the coin she had was fading fast. Still Shadiya was the determined sort. If she owed someone a favor, she would find some way to repay them.

It was nice being able to be in market close to the Matori. He didn't even have to look threatening, it was just having someone by her side presented her as less of an easy target. A lone girl like herself lost in market, however, was just asking to find trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:17 pm
Sabra Knight

Once he knew what she wanted to buy he pointed in a general direction and nodded his head. "There are a few vendors that way." Gael used them when he needed to resupply before heading home. Which he would be doing the next day as well. Oddly enough. Gael looked at the girl's cloak and sighed as he saw that it was ripped. He reached up and started to undo his coat. "Hold on.." Slipping out of it he got closer and draped it over Shade's shoulders. "Wear that for now."

That left Gael shirtless but he didn't seem bothered by it. Looking around he checked once more to see if they were being followed or eyed too closely. "You owe me nothing, I am just doing what a man should do."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:19 am
Heras Box
If you want anything to stir up feel free. XD

"Oh great." Shadiya smiled as she started moving in the direction. Surely anything would do. After being on the run for so long she found that any food and supplies were fine compared to having none. As Gael called after her the girl hesitated, "Yes?" Sudden warmth made her blink and it took Shadiya a moment to realize what he had done.

His cloak for me?

Face flushing, Shadiya glanced up towards him with shimmering eyes, "Thank you." For someone to be openly kind to her as he had been. I truly owe him one. The girl shook her head quickly as if clearing her thoughts, "I'll find a cloak quickly so you can have this back!" It was rare for her to find any man with such thoughts that Shadiya laughed softly. All of the 'men' that she had in her life had always looked at themselves and never others. It truly amazed her how leaving home was changing her world.

Shade realized she had been staring at the Matori and quickly turned on her heel, "This way, right?" Nodding, mostly to assure herself, the girl started towards a stall where she could see some fruits and other such goods. Hopefully they'll have some cloaks here as well. The quicker she could shop the less she could be in these open streets and back on the road again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:28 am
Sabra Knight

"Don't worry about it, my coat will keep you warmer." Not that anyone would really need it during the day. But he figured that since she had been dealing with unsavory people she could use the comfort it provided. He nodded his head when she asked if they were going in the right direction.

As he walked along with her he noticed a few of the men from various stalls were looking at Shade in a way that made his skin crawl. So Gael cleared his throat and stepped up beside her so that he could place his hand at the small of her back. "Don't go too far from me, it seems that you draw a lot of attention." There was a kind of smirk in place as he thought it rather hilarious. "Should I ask hat you are running from?" There was something in the way she behaved that told him she was hiding from more than just the men from earlier.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:40 am
Heras Box

Tightening the cloak around her shoulders, Shadiya took another moment to fix the scarf around her head. Almost in away it appeared as if the girl wanted nothing more than to just disappear in the material. Still as she browsed the vendor's wares the girl froze at the sudden touch. Who? Blinking she looked back towards Gael and let out a sigh of relief, "Story of my life." She replied with a frown before picking up some fruits and jerky for her travel bag. It was strange that she was trusting Gael, but wouldn't he have already made some move by now if he was up to trouble? Plus he had been so concerned...Shadiya smiled faintly. I can trust him.

"Eh?" As she tossed some coin to the merchant for the food Shadiya bit her lip, "Well...it's a rather complicated story." She laughed quietly as she moved forward towards another vendor, this one with cloaks and scarves hanging on display.

"Let's just say I have some major issues with an uncle who took over once my parents passed. I chose freedom, but he's not too fond of the idea...so I kinda left on my own." Her fingers trailed over some silky materials before she pulled back. No that's too delicate for what I need. Behave yourself! That embroidery was beautiful, but she forced herself to continue searching, "I'd much rather leave all comforts behind than be under the care of someone so cruel and vile." She was also not some prize to be married off either. The thought sent a shudder down her spine. No, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:06 pm
Sabra Knight

"It's just me, Shade.." Gael said when he felt her tense up. As she explained, or didn't explain, he nodded his head. It was understandable if she wanted to get away from a home life that was less than ideal. Soon he would be doing the same, but not in such a secretive way. "I am sorry to hear that things were not the best."

When he looked around again he noticed the men from earlier, the ones that had chased her, were back. Apparently they had decided that she couldn't have run so far away and had returned to see if she had done the same. For now they hadn't spotted Shade, so Gael left it alone. If they were lucky they wouldn't notice her due to wearing his coat. "So where are you going?" He decided to keep up the small talk so as to not alarm her.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:25 pm
Heras Box

Shadiya looked up and smiled towards Gael, "You don't have to apologize, it's not like you were behind my life story." She raised an eyebrow teasingly, "But if you were then we might have to talk about this since I have a few qualms about things." I also need to have him make certain I get this adventure part of the story all nice and sorted out... Amusement glittered in her gaze as she went back to browsing through the wares. If only life was that simple.

As she reached for a cloak the girl paused, "Where am I going?" She pursed her lips thoughtfully before feeling the materials with her fingers. The one she was currently holding didn't have anything too elegant about it and the material was far sturdier than the ragged one she had now...surely it would do. Tossing some coin forward she took the cloak from the vendor, "Out of Oba. I'm not certain about the exact destination yet, but I think Matori would be nice." She flushed lightly, "I was really close with some Matori when I was a child. Since most of my good memories are from them, I would like to see what their homeland is like." She would love to learn dance as well...but that was something she would explore after getting far away from her uncle's reach.

"You can have you cloak back now since I found this one." Innocent of the danger around her Shadiya moved as if to free herself of Gael's cloak so that she could hand it back.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff