Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Holiday Gifts - What did you Get

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:50 am
Hello Everyone,

With the Holidays winding down one of the things that many people do is sort through what gifts that they received from others and bought for themselves. I'm curious as to what Anime, Manga, and Video Game related items that everyone got.

As for me my family tends to buy me items from my other interests. Being a big Star Trek fan my family got me DVD's, books, and even a "Spock" pop can holder for Christmas. Also I got the 8th season of the "Big Bang Theory" which is something that all nerds should have.

With money that I got from my family and a bonus from work I bought for myself the Sailor Mars Figuarts Zero figure and the Super Sailor Moon SHFiguarts figure. The Sailor Mars figure I've had my eye on at an Anime store near me for a long time and I was very happy to finally get it. It's a beautiful figure of Sailor Mars twirling around getting ready to do an attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:42 am
I enjoyed all the gifts I got this year, I was actually surprised to get as much as I did. I'm happy nonetheless.

As for myself, I got some Funko pop vinyl figures (Elizabeth, Booker with a Skyhook, and Songbird from the Bioshock Infinite game), Fallout Monopoly, Hannibal season 1 on DVD, a gorgeous hand made Totoro hat from a friend of mine, a big Harry Potter book with lots of visuals that I adore, Fable 2 so I can play it again now that it's backwards compatible with the XBox-1, A Boba Fett Star Wars tee with a matching pair of socks, and a ticket to see the new Star Wars movie!
I also got a lot of candy, a Steven Universe sticker, a little unicorn plushie, and a giftcard from my cousin. Additionally I got a new tablet but it was much smaller than my old one, so we took it back to best buy and in exchange I'm getting new nibs for the pen of my current drawing tablet, and a few anime/video game figures that I'm very excited to get! (Link Good Smile figure, a couple Super Sonico's, and I bought myself a Hinata nendoroid from Haikyuu!!)

The gifts were nice but I managed to go and have dinner with my family the night before. It was so nice to see everyone, and watch a movie. (Even though I mostly played with the dog.)

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:09 pm
I didn't have to get my brother anything this year, so I took the money I would have spent on him, and got myself some stuff from Amazon; a Drive Driver(see: Kamen Rider Drive), and Shift Car sets 1 and 2.

I think I'd like to get another belt if I have anything left from my tax refunds, but I'm not sure yet. I might end up getting the Sheryl Nome Nendoroid, though.  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games