Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[PRP Oba] What'chu up to, Snow Princess? (Talisia/Callum) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:35 am
Callum was entirely to claim for his latest predicament. His trip back to Jauhar was to be a long one across the vast expanse of Tendaji itself. After a few weeks of walking on his own he had taken up with a traveling merchant, who traded a comfortable ride with the promise of protection. Callum could share their meals so long as he kept the bandits away. At the time it had seemed as good a deal as any, though now he wasn't so sure.

If only he had known that the caravan would stop in Oba, of all places.

The sun scorched his pale skin, burning him to a bright, solid red on his first day. After that he learned to cover himself with a cloak, which proved useful around the hybrid haters as well. Faulina circled the sky above him, keeping a keen eye on the horizon while Callum strolled through the city of Kalv. Here he didn't feel as ostracized. There were plenty of merchants and traders from other lands, so for once, he let his hood down.

"Hello there, miss, could you-" Callum laughed, and turned himself around. The vendor may have looked charming to her customers, but the death glare he was receiving was anything but welcoming. "I can see that you're busy. Sorry for the inconvenience."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:06 am
Sabra Knight

It only took a day of being in Oba for Talisia to experience the stories that her father had once told her. The sun was scorching bright and even when she thought it may be safe to take off her cloak the girl felt her skin burning. The sand as well surrounded them for miles as they had traveled from Jahaur towards the city of Kalv.

From giant mountains of ice and snow to the tall gleaming rainforests...but this. She shivered at the thought of someone living their entire life here. As much as she relished some warmth over the cold, this heat was too appalling for her tastes. Still it was definitely more refreshing than the disaster she had left behind with her...half-sister's family. The thought created a wisp of a sigh that escaped her lips as she twisted through the crowd of people. While she was finally beginning to get into training with Dris, the girl still needed some space to think to herself so that she could better digest exactly what was happening.

Whatever had possessed her to believe that visiting the market was going to be relaxing was completely wrong. If she lowered her hood just barely, the stares would be intense and Talisia felt a shiver go up her spine despite the heat. Not too happy with us, are they? Still the beastcharmer frowned as she spotted another being scorned by a vendor.

Honestly she didn't even take the moment to recognize Callum as she leaned over with a heavy pouch through the crowd, "I don't think you're busy enough. If you want to sell wares, I think this should suffice." Honestly, perhaps it was the heat driving her mad or the more recent experiences that had changed her but the girl was far more confident than before. Her gaze flashed with that pride once installed by her noble heritage, "Care to let us browse your wares?" She glanced briefly over towards the other hybrid she was supporting before pausing.

No way....out here in Oba?

"Callum?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:15 am
The Oban woman's crimson eyes widened considerably. It surprised Callum so very little that even when faced with the 'worst' of outcomes, morals and principles could be changed with a few coins. Or more than a few, by the size of that pouch. "Forgive me, the heat has driven me mad it seems. Come and look all you like."

Callum rolled his eyes with a little grin. Some things never change. If the act itself hadn't had him curious about his savior, that voice did. The ivory skinned hybrid gave a half turn, and an instant smile lit up his features. "Talisia!" He lowered himself only for the moment necessary to lift her in a hug. "Ha, I never imagined to see you in Oba! It's a little warm here for a snow princess, isn't it?"

She seemed so much lighter than he had left her, or maybe that was simply because he had gained muscle? Though he was still lean, Callum had grown taut. His hands were calloused and worn, skin smudged from the grime of travel, but still he smiled. "I like this new style you're trying with your hair. It suits you."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:53 am
Sabra Knight

Talisia smiled towards the woman, "Understandable." She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. It would be nice to find a merchant that didn't need to be bribed by coin for a change. Even those from Zena tended to take a bit to warm up to her once they spotted her eyes. The damning traits of a hybrid, even more damning now that she knew more on the truth of her birth.

A small laugh escaped her lips as she was lifted up into the air, "It is you then!" Gods how he had changed since she had last spotted him! His question was answered with a half-grin, "I suppose so. But I guess it's good for a heart to melt some chill. I came here with Dris and her father." She flushed lightly at the compliment for her hair, "Thank you, I see that you've changed more than just hair though yourself."

"Why are you in Oba, Callum?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:01 am
"Old grumpy gills herself, hmm?" Callum chuckled. He remembered his last meeting with Dris'rynne vividly, and shuddered. If she saw him now she would likely run him through with his own sword with a charming little flush to her cheeks. It was almost worth it to find her, and tease her just to get that reaction.

He gave her a good, hearty squeeze before setting her back down onto her feet. "I'm on my way back to Jauhar. After I recovered from my wounds I ended up staying in Sauti a lot longer than expected." It had taken him months to recover, if only because the infection had been so deep. When he had gained the strength to move, multiple offers had been made to take him back 'home', but the thing was...Sauti was his home. And now he had enough sense to acknowledge that.

"Turns out that when you get a free ride on a merchants wagon you can't be too picky about where you end up." He commented sardonically. Of course, if he had waited longer than a few hours to find a wagon train that was going to where he needed to go then he wouldn't be in this mess. Thoughts of what he was leaving behind, though, made him want out of Sauti as fast as anything could carry him.

"How long are you staying?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:44 am
Sabra Knight

Talisia only raised an eyebrow before lightly shaking her head to hide the small grin that crossed her face. She didn't even dare ask what memory Callum held of her sister to grant such a nickname. Perhaps though she might mention running into him just for a possible reaction from Dris, "Yes, 'old grumpy gills' herself." She replied with amusement. Gods only knew what had happened between her two friends after the battle to grant such a nickname for Dris.

Her gaze lowered at the reminder about his wounds, "Oh." Talisia's toes dug into the ground a bit before she forced herself to look back up with a tiny smile, "I was wondering why I hadn't run into you once I finally got home myself. It really is good to see you again, Callum. It's a relief to see you healed." She had been besides herself with worry after the battle and despite being seperated from her friends for a time the girl still had kept praying for the best.

"I suppose so." Talisia bit the inside of her lip thoughtfully at the thought. She wanted to bring up their caravan, but honestly she had no idea about how long their business would take in Sauti, "I'm not certain. I can try talking to Niyani or Dris about their plans." A light flush decorated her cheeks, "I've not been fully focused as of late, so I'm really sorry. I'm sure there would be room, but we may be here for a while yet."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:58 am
"Don't think that if I hadn't been able to, I wouldn't have come to see you." He reached up to brush a few locks of hair from her brow. "I'll be in the area for a few days, so once you figure things out you should come find me. At least to say goodbye before we part ways again."

Letting his fingers drop from her hair, he turned his gaze back to the vendor's stall. Carefully, with just the lightest of touches, he picked up various supplies to better inspect them in the sunlight. It was just the basics; water bladders, flints, leather straps, rolled blankets, etc. Most of Callum's things had been left behind in Sauti in favor of lighter traveling. He had sold a good deal of his belongings to pay for lodging along the way, which hadn't pleased Faulina in the least. She was still more than a little miffed about him pawning off her favorite sleeping blanket.

"Don't worry about it so much. I've got a promised ride back to Jauhar, as soon as the merchants decide to move again. I just don't know if I have the patience to wait them out." He lifted a pair of gloves into the light as well, inspecting the soft leather before pondering over them. "Where's Silva hiding out? I can't imagine that he likes this heat."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:51 pm
Sabra Knight

Talisia blinked hard to clear the few tears that threatened to leave her shimmering gaze, "You better have." She whispered with a forced smile, "I will. And perhaps if we leave before you find a way out we can offer a ride." It was a small hope and her heart knotted at the thought of it, but she truly did miss her friend. Her stomach coiled though at the idea of returning to Jahaur. With the way she left Briza, the hybrid doubted she was ready for anything. Would she even feel comfortable returning to that place? Now surely it would be more of a forced feeling than a home...

As Callum's fingers left her hair the hybrid flushed, "Still, it's an idea. At least I can help you pay for some things." She looked over the table, "Really feel free to get what you need." It wasn't like she had worked hard for those coins. The less she had on her the better she felt. Most of her jewelry save for a few necklaces had been sold in order to get rid of the remaining ties to Zena.

At the mention of her raptrix the girl laughed quietly, "I'm surprised he's not the one melting away. He's been staying with the caravan relaxing in the shade the best he can. I know he used to enjoy sunbathing, but I don't think the Oban sun favors him as well." Perhaps if he had more time to adjust, but just coming here had been rough. At least Jahaur had braced them for the heat, but this dryness...and there was no rain to shower them as relief. Just sand and more sand.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:53 pm
Callum had to admit that spending a little more time with Talisia would be nice. He had so much to share with her, though he wanted to know more about why she was in Oba with Dris'rynne and her father. Was she assisting in trading, then? What had she been up to since their departure? His heart felt lighter just being around her. What he had needed now more than ever was a friend close by, and the Gods had seen to help him out.

"Oooh, so I'm being spoiled, then? Well, I won't let this rare treat go to waste." Of course he joked. There was no way he was going to spend all of her funds, most likely not even half, but a few supplies would be nice. Along side the gloves he picked up a wetstone for his blade, as well as a few strips of dried meat for rations. "I think these should tide me over for a while." Now he could properly clean his blade instead of running it up against his hunting pants. They were already dirty enough without blood stains.

He snerked. "There's a pretty big difference between sunbathing in the cold and being baked alive in a desert. I can sympathize with him." He raked a hand through his hair, unwittingly pulling out more than a few strands of hoary hair. "Hey, there's this tavern down the street; let's go grab a few drinks and talk smack about the Obans while they glare at us from across the room."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:16 am
Painted Moose

Talisia smiled, "Isn't that a princess's duty after all? Must spoil the people." She couldn't help teasing lightly. Others may prefer to horde all they owned, but that wasn't in her nature. Obviously must be from my father. Her mother would horde people too apparently...the thought created a shadow across her expression. If she was the more vengeful sort then she would surely make a quest to kill the demon woman, but she was far more of a healer in spirit.

Forcing a small smile the hybrid glanced at what Callum was choosing, "You sure that's all you want?" Her bi-colored gaze glanced up towards him questioningly, "Don't skim over things because of me." She protested softly as she poked his shoulder.

"True. He wouldn't be bothered so much except the sand." Talisia's mouth quirked into a small smile, "You should have seen the first time he got a good mouthful of it while flying." Ever since then he had walked mostly alongside of them with the makeshift boots she had crafted for his paws. The faintest of snickers left her throat, "Sounds like a plan. I could do with something refreshing for a change." Once glares may have frightened her, but the beast charmer would just laugh them off now. All this adventure stuff really toughened up a spirit. Paying the lady for Callum's items the hybrid looked out through the crowd, "Lead the way~"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:06 am
Sabra Knight

"If I got everything I wanted, then what would be left to wish for?" He poked her right back, grinning like an idiot the entire time. After his things had been paid for by his more than gracious friend, Callum slipped them into a side satchel that had remained hidden behind his cloak.

He flashed the vendor a wink, one she returned with a tight lipped smile, before putting his arm around Talisia's shoulder. "Ha! I wish I could have seen it. Faulina's taken to the desert better than I thought, but I shouldn't have been surprised, since she was born in Tale. It's all dry savanna up there."

Pulling his friend close, he walked them down the busy street, chatting amicably the entire way while keeping a close eye out for pickpockets. The closer he kept her, the easier it would be to nab one of those little buggers when they passed. "Ah, here we are. Home sweet home~" Pushing open the door, Callum slipped inside and was instantly overcome by Obans. Obans at the bar, obans at the tables, and obans staring...It was a little intimidating at first.

"Where should we sit? At the bar, for all to see, or in a little corner?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:17 am
Painted Moose

"A lot." Replied Talisia teasingly, "They do say money can't buy everything." She could only shake her head at his silly antics as well. Trying her best not to flush as Callum placed an arm around her, Talisia followed him down the busy street. It was strange, but she was slowly getting used to this concept of friendship and trust with others. As she peeked towards Callum a small flickered across her features. Really, it wasn't such a bad feeling at all.

As they entered the bar Talisia had to force her head high. They could stare all they wanted, "I guess we are gems in a sea of rocks." She commented sheepishly as she looked back towards Callum, "We're definitely not in Jauhar anymore." At least there the shadows of the trees helped a bit with blending in. Here though everything was just so....open.

Talisia laughed, "As much as a love the attention, I think a corner seat may be more relaxing. Easier to do as I please without having to keep this noble air." She flushed lightly as she moved them towards a corner. After all even with more confidence, there was only so much staring she could take!

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:37 am
Sabra Knight

"Oooh, I like that." He looked down at her, and saw the brave front she was displaying. She'd grown so much since the last time they had spoken. This place might have made her uncomfortable, but Talisia was making it her own. Callum was beyond proud of her. "Out of the pan and into the fire, it would seem."

Terrible puns aside, the attention was beginning to irk him. Had he been alone he might have smoozed himself up to more than a few of the patrons, earned their trust and hope that they wouldn't try to cut him later. As it was he just tipped a fake hat to them cheekily, and mosied over to a corner table. It didn't earn him any favors, though he did see a few scowls.

He'd no more than sat down when a rather plump hostess came up to them. "Don't let them bother you; this tavern serves everyone and if they don't like it then they'll get the 'boot'." She motioned over her shoulder to the wall behind the bar, where a large hammer was hung and beneath it was a plaque that read "The Boot." "What can I get'cha? You'll find no better mead in the city."

"I'll take two pints then, and some sweet bread."

"And for you miss?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:57 am
Painted Moose

"That's good." She replied with a quiet laugh. It had been the first thing to pop into her mind. Still it was true. Compared to many of the Obans staring at them today, Callum definitely stood out. Maybe she did as well, but she was far from vain about her own appearance. Nodding Talisia glanced around, "Into a scorching fire at that."

She had just began to relax when the appearance of the hostess caused her to sit up. Straightening her back Talisia prepared to be stern when the lady actually surprised her. So there could be some kindness here! She raised a hand to cover the soft laugh that the statement brought to her. It was good knowing that some places had the 'boot' for them.

At the question Talisia blinked, "I'll...have the same. With some fruit and water on the side, please." Not that she knew what a pint really tasted like. Guess I'm about to find out.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:33 pm
Sabra Knight

"I'll get your orders in and bring 'em right out to ya." The hostess gave a little dip, and moved her way to a back door, presumably to where the kitchen was. Callum couldn't help getting in one last look at 'the boot' before turning away with a head shaking grin. In truth, this was the first time he'd been in this tavern sober, and noticing the little things made it grow on him.

Callum twisted in his seat so that his back was to the wall and stretched his legs out a big before resting his knee on the chair next to him. His sword knocked on the table for a bit, drawing some looks his way, but he had no intention of removing it. No matter how welcoming the workers might be, their clientele didn't look as chipper.

"Have you had a chance to look at Oba's wildlife, yet? They've got these big brutes called Janarim that some of their soldiers ride on. Impressive looking beasties, but I'm not brave enough to get near one."

The hostess returned with one hand wrapped around four different mugs and the other carrying their food stuffs. She slid them all down onto the table with a practiced ease before excusing herself back to her work. Without giving it much of a thought, Callum took up a mug for himself and knocked it back.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff