Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 am
Itotia had done her best to avoid the inevitable. She had hidden away in her small room, ignored any who entered, and practically slept whenever there was activity outside of her door. She was the last to arrive to the meals, and the first to leave, and this was only after Afsana's second-in-command began to beat on her door and demand her presence. She made sure she would not be seen, heard, or accosted by her peers, and the only time she had ever spoken up was when the rumors had begun.

Dark creatures rising from the earth, spreading across her home land. Even now, weeks after her interaction with the rumor, Itotia felt chills at the thought. The rumors claimed her land was being invaded, and even if they were nightmares of her people, they still were quite the omen.

The Yaeli took a moment to brush her fingers across one of the many charms on her body, sending a prayer for good luck and fortune.

Today she could no longer run. Afsana personally had come to her door, using sugared words and demanding she begin her education into society. It was clear the woman would wait until she got up, and so Itotia began to prepare her hair and outfit, before all-but-dragging her feet out the door. The elder woman tsked loudly, took her elbow, and began to lead her to the waiting room where many of the dancers relaxed before they were summoned.

Few lingered, eyes darted to her form, before she was deposited to a corner with books stacked high on the table. It was time to begin her lessons at last.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:49 pm
It was hard to avoid all the stares she was getting now. She was no longer the Aseara of a few months ago who had walked around happy and carefree taking care of the managerial duties. No, here was a woman who on the outside seemed like she had been broken. Hair usually perfectly in place was now up into a messy bun without any style and void of jewelry during the day. Her dress was plain and dirty from the chores that were produced daily for her. Her once smooth and silky skin was rough and dry; this demotion was not doing it for her at all.

When she was cleaning or running around for other people, she was teaching Itotia the Yaeli. A Yaeli of all people. Aseara wasn`t thrilled with the idea, not one bit, but she had to take the hit none the less. If Afsana wanted to throw her off her game then Aseara would turn it against her. She would not be brought down by such petty means and she certainly wouldn`t roll over and give up the Red Amaryllis to that heinous woman. At least Itotia couldn`t argue the fact that she was probably getting a better education than everyone else around here.

Closing the door to her room, Aseara moved towards the main hall. Afsana usually liked to drag her out there before Aseara got there. Why, the Wind girl could not guess, but she knew it wasn’t to make Itotia feel welcomed. The Yaeli hated everyone and everything around her and even more so Afsana. None of the other girls had dared approach her in case she cursed them or did worst. Aseara too would have stayed away, but she simply wasn’t so lucky. At least though, she didn’t have to say in the room to teach her.

Entering, a few of the girls glanced her way before quickly going back to whisper among themselves. They were all saying she was finished, that her glory days were behind her. Lifting up her chin, Aseara spotted Itotia easy.

“Meet me in our garden. Bring your books.” The wind girl glanced once around the room before turning back and headed for the gardens. Itotia could join her at her own pace as long as she didn’t take all day about it. Today, Aseara was going to show her the secret passage and they were going to go study on the greener side of things.

A little rebellion never hurt anyone.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:42 pm
It seemed that Afsana didn't have her timing quite right. Itotia was stuck sitting at the table, her glowing eyes glancing around the room as her chin rested in her palm. Every time her gaze crossed another dancer's, they seemed to turn away or flinch. Itotia, to her credit, didn't seem too bothered by such activity. Them avoiding her meant she would not deal with any sort of curses or poor luck. Yes, avoidance was a blessing in disguise.

The only sign of her noticing Aseara's entrance was her eyes darting to the door. However, Itotia was keen to focus on the whispering of the others around her, and her ears twitched as the little dancers chirped behind their hands. Yes, it seemed the pretty little mainlander had fallen quite a bit these past few weeks. Seemed that she was dealing with a bit of poor luck. Itotia wondered what god she had crossed.

Slowly, Itotia moved to stand as Aseara made her statement and left the room. Glancing about, she leisurely selected two books out of the stack. There was no way she would carry such items all the way across the building and into the gardens. With a small smirk, the yaeli moved slowly out of the room, listening as the whispers rose when both girls were out of sight.

The charms on her body lightly swayed as she made her way into the gardens, her eyes hooded with boredom as she glanced around the area and then to where Aseara was standing. No greeting, no expression, she simply waited a reasonable distance away.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:36 am
“I’m not going to bite; you can come a little closer.” Aseara told Itotia when she noticed the Yaeli had arrived. Creepy, always so creepy and quiet. Why couldn’t she be like everyone else and say hello? Or maybe she just didn’t know better, maybe that’s what’s they’d work on today. Manners and greetings and how to approach clients. Sure right now clients might come see her because of her looks but if she didn’t have manners the nobles would get bored of her quickly which meant Afsana would also. That meant Aseara would get blamed and the Wind girl would not stand for it.

Aseara tried to find the nicest patch of grass before settling down on it. She waited until Itotia did the same and tried not to squirm at how close they were. From here she could perfectly see the glowing grey eyes Itotia sported and the black crystals across her body all starkly different than her own lighter colors. She was pretty; Aseara had to give her that but at some point she was going to have to give up the Yaeli clothing for something that was closer to Oban. That was a discussion for another day however.

“What books did you bring?” She asked as the glanced at the two Itotia had brought with her. Maybe they’d be able to do something else then study, dancing would be nice. Aseara hadn’t seen Itotia dance yet, only Afsana had and Aseara wanted to know what she saw in the girl. “And how have your studies been going? Any trouble?” Aseara gave her lots of homework daily, mainly because she wanted to accelerate the girls learning but also because it meant teaching her less one on one. If Itotia survived through the steep learning curve, Aseara would too.

Elyessi

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:46 am
Silence. Itotia knew her advantage against Aseara was her silence. Whereas Afsana and her second in command would demand more, Aseara seemed just as keen to use as few words as possible as Itotia did. In fact, Itotia was quite aware at how unnerved Aseara was of her presence. She seemed just as frustrated and agitated about the arrangement as Itotia herself.

Which, considering Aseara's standing, Itotia really didn't get why the girl put up such a huff.

As Aseara settled, so did Itotita. She made sure that she was at a distance but not too far; she didn't want to be prompted to come closer. As she settled, she ensured she faced both Aseara and the exit, to provide an easy means for escape as needed. It was subconscious, but still a clear act of her need to be in control in case something were to happen. Itotia settled in and appeared calm and collected as the other girl studied her appearance.

Glancing to her books in hand, she studied the titles with a bit of a lazy gaze, "...The Great Oban Manifest and Modern Etiquette: Guide for the Fancy and Refined..."

Her voice was soft as she glanced back up with glowing eyes at her guardian, her expression appearing a bit bored as she rolled her eyes a bit, "...I am doing what is required..."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:56 am
Elyessi

Aseara ran a quick hand through her hair. The Great Oban Manifest was one of the books she had hated the most to learn. It held the history of Oba within its pages and it didn’t have anything bad to say about them. Modern Etiquette though was, at least she felt, much more important at this point than the Manifest. She didn’t think Itotia would be allowed just yet to speak with the Oban nobles, but she did need to know her etiquette to great them and converse in small talk. It would be better to start with that one.

When Itotia replied about hr studies Aseara sighed on the inside. That didn’t tell her anything; if she was struggling she needed to know so she could help her. If something went wrong she was going to be blamed and she wasn’t going to let the Yaeli ruin her life even more than it was now. She was planning on doing a comeback and she wouldn’t be held back.

“You need to tell me if you are struggling with anything,” She said trying not to let frustration show in her voice. “My rank depends on your success.” It didn’t matter how many times Aseara told her this, she didn’t think the Yaeli understood.

“Let’s start with the etiquette since it will probably save your butt more times than the manifest that is for sure.” As far as Aseara had seen, politeness and respect got you quite far. The sooner Itotia learned how to play the game, the sooner she’d be doing well on her own and maybe actually make friends. Or at the least appear a little more social and friendly. She was sure Afsana was just waiting for the right moment to throw the girl out there for the nobles.

“Why don’t you revise for me a bit what you know and we’ll go from there.” She knew Itotia had picked up a few things on her own, Aseara wanted to know how much.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:20 pm
Itotia finally rested her gaze on Aseara, showing no amusement with the statement of rank. In fact, she showed little surprise either, considering everything that was said. It was obvious Itotia was some sort of tool to be used by everyone in this building, and it seemed that the yellow haired female needed her most of all.

Had she not be so disgusted and exhausted from her tension and fear, she may have laughed in Aseara's face.

As Aseara directed their studies for the day, Itotia glanced down at her books and pushed the Manifest to the ground. If she forgot it in her haste to leave when the lessons were through, she wouldn't miss the book.

Itotia began to clench her teeth, as she felt she were being mocked. She was not some incompetent child. She was seasoned, traveled, and she knew much more than anyone gave her credit for.

"A proper lady is meant to speak softly, to hold her tongue, and to do all she can to ensure no one knows her true feelings. Saving face is more important than showing true nature, as a lady is never meant to speak up or be heard."

She paused, before finally pushing through, "...Is it your etiquette that is stopping you from showing your hatred for me, teacher? You may need to practice, for you aren't hiding very well whenever you look at me...is it my eyes? Or maybe it's my ears...they are very different from your own."

Itotia leaned back, smirking a bit at Aseara. It was no fight, but after her time here in the building she was beginning to find her own voice. If the woman Afsana kept her here this long, she wasn't going to toss her simply for having a little back bone. And if she did, it was probably a blessing from the gods that she would be out of this prison.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:42 pm
Elyessi

A Itotia spoke, Aseara bobbed her head. This was all correct, most nobles like the weak females. Hwoever, there were always those clients who liked girls with bigger than life personalities who were loud and boisterous and spoke what was on their mind. It made them laugh and amused them to no end. Aseara had never been like that and she doubted very much Itotia was also one of those girls. That was fine, it meant her skills were with her dancing and didn’t rely on other things to entertain the nobles. Aeara always approved of that, she didn’t really like the loud girls.

Her next words though, made Aseara pause. So Itotia wasn’t the quiet child everyone thought she was. She actually had a bite to her, Aseara knew it! She was probably a lot more dangerous then everyone thought too! That meant Aseara didn’t have to treat her special, she didn’t have to coddle her like she had done with some of the new girls. Clenching her teeth together, Aseara looked up and met Itotia’s stare.

“Your eyes glow,” she began slowly. “What should be white around your eyes is black.” Here her anger was starting to show a bit more. “Your crystals are black when everyone else has light colors. You come from a polluted land.” Aseara scoffed and waved her hand.

“I don’t just dislike you for how you look, I don’t trust anyone here,” Aseara raised her voice a note higher. “You think I trust any of those backstabbing idiots in there? Or that old hag up there with her apprentice who has a stick up her a**? No. I don’t trust any of you!” She scoffed. “You haven’t been here long enough to see girls get thrown out for less than nothing with only their clothing on their backs. Rewards? Ha! You’re only reward is being pretty and getting clients.” The Wind girl crossed her arms, looking away and being angry.

“I don’t trust you; I don’t like how you look. But you want to know something? If you mess up and don’t get your act together we’re both going to end up on the street doing things that are less then respectable to earn enough to go back home. I gave up being home willingly and all that rests on your shoulders! So sorry, not sorry that yes I dislike you but I have to be around you and you have to be around me. So now that that is out there, how about we get back to the important stuff and you stop asking me questions.” Aseara turned back to Itotia.

“And stop playing dumb with me, I know you’re a lot smarter then you appear.”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:03 pm
As Aseara finished her speech, Itotia sat with a smirk on her face, her glowing eyes blinking slowly and her expression showing she quite enjoyed the show. It was refreshing to see the woman stop acting as if she were the one with the stick up her a**. In fact, Itotia had to hold her tongue when the statement was made, because she could find quite a few similarities between the blonde and Afsana's second in command.

Little did she know how close they really had been.

Itotia finally leaned back, relaxing completely, "It seems you need me for a lot of reasons...your fears are almost as great as my own. But, pray tell, what exactly will I get out of this arrangement? Safety? Comfort? It almost seem safer out there than in this den of Keldari."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:42 pm
Elyessi

Oh how she wanted to smack that smirk right off of her face. Aseara began to chuckled which turned into laughter.

“My fears? Yes I do fear that I will be thrown from this place,” she leaned forward. “Except that I have the ability to return home or at least get hired somewhere.” Aseara smirked. “You do not.” Maybe she wouldn’t be in an establishment that was as renown as the Red Amaryllis, but she could find work until Nuri got back and then they could figure things out together. Or she could travel with him perhaps now that she was not constrained by the RA.

“Sure you get safety; you also get comfort, riches, and connections you would never dream of having. I don’t know anything about you; I don’t know what drives you. Everyone comes here for different reasons; whatever reason you chose to come here is your own.” How was Aseara supposed to know why she had come to the Red Amaryllis? Only Itotia knew and why she was being prissy about the whole thing blew Asearas mind. She should have stayed back home if Oba wasn’t living up to all of her expectations.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:08 am
Itotia's eyes narrowed slowly, as Aseara spoke quite close to a threat of her safety. The girl had no doubt what she faced outside, but the entire fear had become a bit stale. Now, she was more keen on just getting out of this suffocating place, where she was forced to learn and to work 'for her own good'.

Her own good was back on her home. There was nothing good about this arrangement, and she had accepted that ages ago. Now, her anger was beginning to outweigh her fear, and she was lashing out more and more to those around her. Eventually, she would willingly find a way to break out of this place, even if it meant getting her hands dirty.

She may be in a nest of Keldari, but she too had a pair of fangs and was beginning to feel the need to use them.

Little did she know how close they really had been.

Suddenly, a bitter laugh broke through the air between them, and Itotia moved her feet to stand. Her face was not full of humor, however, as rage grew behind her glowing eyes. She stepped back a bit, as if the space between them was suffocating, and shook her head at Aseara as if she were disappointed in the woman. In fact, Itotia was. Either Aseara was a great actress, or she really had no clue as to why Itotia was chained behind these walls.

Maybe it was both, but the little jab of not being able to go home had struck her a bit too close for comfort.

"Listen closely, little bird..." She started slowly, her voice soft and but with a sharp edge, "If you think you can threaten me, just because your matron gives you permission, you are sadly mistaken. You think that what you are doing is going to get me my dreams? Comfort and Riches? Do not mark me as a fool. Everything I had was at my home. Everything I needed was there, not here. I will not sit here another second while you mock me and pretend that my purpose here is anything but slavery."

The last word came out as a snarl, and Itotia glared down at Aseara for another long moment.

"Don't use pretty words to hide the truth, that this place is a jail and you are nothing but a glorified guard. You may see your riches and comfort as a way to sleep well at night, but I will never be at peace until I am home again. And I will go home."

Glancing to the books, and back toward Aseara, Itotia made move to leave.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:30 am
Elyessi

“Threatened you?!” Aseara’s own anger sparking the moment those words were said. Itotia thought she could scare her by standing over her? Ha! The Wind girl sat up too, fists clenched by her side as she stared Itotia down. Who did this girl think she was?! The nerve!

“Afsana has given me nothing of the sort! Do not assume the things you do not know little bird,” she threw back the pet name that Itotia had given her. “I am not threatening you I am telling you the reality of the situation since you obvious have your eyes closed to it!” My the gods she was angry, this Yaelian was getting everything wrong and she was getting mad about it! How dare she! She knew nothing of what had happened and she was judging her?! Aseara could not contain her anger, she wanted to explode.

“Slavery? Oh really? If you’re so happy why did you even bother coming here in the first place?” Aseara screamed at itotia, hands up in the air as she let them drop. Why didn’t she leave if she was so unhappy? It would certainly make everyone’s lives better if she did.

“If you’re so unhappy leave for goodness sake! This isn’t a jail; you’re free to go home whenever you want!” Aseara turned her back on Itotia once she saw she was about to leave and crossed her arms. Everyone was free to leave; The Yaelian was obvious unhappy about the arrangement she’d made with Afsana. “You’re going to walk away you better be walking away to go see Afsana and cancel your contract and leave!”

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:43 am
Her back was ridged, and her laughter came out like a bark before a gasp of air. This girl was clueless, absolutely clueless and lost in her own woes and pains of being less than beautiful in the eyes of Afsana. Rubbing a hand over her face, Itotia struggled a long moment to reign in her anger, a side of her she had never dealt with until she stepped on this wretched land.

Gracefully, she spun about, her eyes narrowed and her face clear.

Maybe, she needed to clear things up, because the little blond bird had no idea what she was even dealing with.

"Do people on this land use contracts made of cloth? Cloth that is used to cause one to fall asleep so they can be snatched away, against their will, to a boat to take them to a land they have no desire being on?" She said in her low, even voice, "Let me explain to you the reality here, because you are the one with her eyes closed. I am a slave, kidnapped from my home because you mainlanders think my eyes are fancy and my skin is dark. Oh, Afsana explained the situation clearly...she explained that I would either dance, or be removed."

Itotia took a step closer.

"You are right, my greatest fear is to be tossed aside into this land, where I was kidnapped from, drugged, and brought against my will. Because of my glowing eyes, eyes that are black instead of white. Crystals that are black when everyone else has light colors. Because I am polluted, and your people crave pollution."

She shook her head,"You know, I read the great manifest. I read of how the people you entertain once kept slaves who looked different. Is it so unrealistic that they would come and take me as they once took them?"

Taking a deep breath, she smoothed down her hair a moment, collecting herself and controlling her emotions.

"My family, my friends, no one knows where I am. They must think me dead, because being on this land is all but a death sentence. At least outside of these walls I'll have the freedom to choose which way I will die."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:04 pm
Elyessi

“What?!” Aseara said before turning around and facing Itotia. That didn’t make any sense. Obans weren’t kidnapping people; there had been a war about such atrocities. No, Itotia had to be lying. There was no way Afsana had returned to such a primitive way of getting dancers and such to join her. Or had she? Doubt clouded her mind and it was probably reading all over her face right about now as well.

“That can’t be.” She finally said frowning deeply. “All of us came here on our own free will; all of us have contracts with Afsana. Most of the girls here were saved by her.” Aseara being one of them, she didn’t even know where she would be if Afsana hadn’t picked her up that day. Perhaps still in Sauti living a horrible life or something. Aseara simply could not fathom how this was possible, it couldn’t be… And yet, Itotia had still planted a seed of doubt in her mind.

“Don’t lie to me,” Aseara said. “Were you really kidnapped?” The Wind girl gave Itotia a serious look, her voice soft now. If the Yaeli had indeed been kidnapped… The situation was going to take on a whole new twisted look. One that Aseara did not approve of.

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:24 pm
"Do my actions indicate any sort of gratitude for being here?" Itotia provided as a response, pausing long enough for it to sink in.

"No one is saved here. Everyone is manipulated to use their bodies. You think riches and comfort is something to desire? It seems most of these girls fear being thrown out, as they are being told that they have no chance of survival if not by your owner."

Her lips were thin, and she could see how distraught the girl was before her,"Do you see yourself as so incompetent that you need her help to survive? It seems that all she speaks of are punishments. Tell me that you don't feel trapped here not only by your contact, but by your fear more than your gratitude for Afsana."

Itotia was on a roll, and she wasn't stopping now that her anger, frustration, and fear was finally released.

Tasinei

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces