Submit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mera and Afryse get some alone time to talk during the festival.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm
"You know," Afryse muttered around a mouthful of mooncake, "You're right. These aren't bad." Hemera had proven herself a decent baker, if... decent meant not perfect and baker meant someone who had stood preparing batches of mooncakes until one was better than 'edible'. Afryse wasn't entirely sure what constituted good or bad in this case. If anything, it showed how dedicated she was.

The drones running the baking station had boxes of pristine mooncakes. Four in a box for four beetles. It felt like tearing hunks of hair out of his head, but he doled out each beetle to the drone and took the box in his arms. "Now, why don't we go and find a nice spot to rest and eat these? You deserve something for all your hard work."

While the majority of the festival was lively, with music piped around the fairgrounds, Afryse managed to find a quieter area near the treeline. The moons were still in plain sight, their light covering everything. Despite it being public, it felt... A little intimate. A little like a slice of their personal heaven.

Afryse carefully sat down on the grass, not caring if he got grass stains on his kimono. Setting the box to the side, he opened the lid and pulled out one of the flaky, delicious cakes. "Two each? Sound good?" It would be a task in control, but Afryse was being bold. He could handle it... right?

Gl!tch~

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:29 pm
"I'm glad I could do that much. Make them not bad," Hemera stated, arms tucked into her sleeves. "It's somewhat embarrassing, seeing children do better on their first try. You need to let me know if I can at least am competent enough to not burn hot cocoa." Ah, she would need to host him again sometime after this. Maybe even get invited to Afryse's hive, perhaps... But, all in good time. For the moment, they had the present.

And that, even with its setbacks, was enough. She followed him to a nice little spot. A moment not on their feet. That would be nice, with all the running around there was to do everything! Maybe after a rest she could make better mooncakes? Perhaps by then Afryse would be sick of them. Or flat out sick.

She blinked, realizing he was addressing her again. More mooncakes, in a box from the for-sale part of the stand. Now she would get to compare to actual mooncakes. Hemera considered. "I...would. But what if they show just how bad mine are?" she asked, barely brave enough to show this one troll any bit of something less than full self-confidence.

Magician Arcana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:39 pm
It would be fine. Hemera could take the mooncake and eat it. There was plenty more in the stall to buy or to even make, so there was absolutely no need to react negatively or become jealous. All these thoughts swamp around his think pan, pricking and clogging every single pore that Hemera's statement almost blew by.

"Mmm..." Wait. Afryse stopped humming and blinked at his companion. Hemera had never... The teal troll had always been so confident, almost filled to the brim. Self-assured and a little bit of a know-it-all. She had never questioned herself in his presence. Despite the fact half of his measly thinkpan was still caught up in the obsession of stuff, Afryse was able to grasp that what was happening wasn't to be taken lightly.

"... Nah. They just show you what you have to work for," Carefully Afryse broke his cake in half, showing the texture inside. The filling was thick and gooey, and the dough flaky and light. They were really, really good cakes, "Yours didn't turn out like this, but one day they will. Anything you put your mind to, you can do Hemera. It just takes practice."

Was that the right thing to say? Was it even comforting? Or was he, once again, being an idiot? Who knew. Afryse offered her the part of the cake he had ripped off and dashed in a small smile, "When I first started making sculptures, they all sucked. Now, they're pretty damn good."

Gl!tch~
Sorry for the delay x-x

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:19 am
"Afryse...." He sounded so sure. So soothing. Like it was okay, like she wasn't a failure. These things took time. But they had so little time! Only a night, and then it would be over.

She took the half of the mooncake, but stared down at it for a few seconds. He was trying to make it easier for her, she could tell, but there was more to it, wasn't there?

"I want to make a good impression," she blurted out. "I know it doesn't matter to be good now, but if I'm anything less than that, it won't be as good a memory as it should be."

Magician Arcana
It's okay, I took four months 8'D Ahh

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces