Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:22 pm
User Image User Image

"C'mon, dad," Menkar said as he ran ahead. He was super excited because today he was going to see the edge of the jungle that the Kizi called home. So far he'd only been allowed to the east where the sea was, but now he'd get to look out over the rogue lands. Maybe he'd see an elephant! Or a hyena! Glancing over his shoulder, he slowed his run as he realized was pretty far ahead of the other lion.

Cetus plodded along behind, his usual cool and chill attitude not at all changed by having cubs. Red wasn't a color in either his nor Sunshine's family, but the little male running along ahead of him certainly didn't seem to know that. A few other cubs in the litter had red as well, but Menkar certainly got the lion's share.

"I'm coming," he said with a little chuckle. "The rogue lands aren't going anywhere."

The duo made their way through the trees as they thinned out, and soon they stood partly hidden in the shadows looking out over the plains that stretched before them. Menkar's pale eyes widened in wonder. "Whoa...there's so much space!"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:14 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Within their little family, the father led the way. Lochan-Kavi had heard of a gypsy pride and calculated he would do quite well in that kind of environment as the fake prophet that he was. Normally he'd have sent Nadhim and Mchawi ahead of him to build his reputation and puff him up so by the time he arrived, lions were lined up waiting to hear their fortunes. But as they were intending to join this pride, daddy led the way. He looked back proudly at his two grown children, whom he considered his real legacy over his fake seeing. He was hoping even more that this would be a good place for them.

Mchawi was confident, all of his faith in what his father had decided for their little troupe. Sure, he'd made mistakes, but he was only mortal (despite anything he and Nadhim might otherwise lead others to believe...) but he tried his best! Without their mother around to raise them, it had always been just the three of them. He figured that's how it always should be. The idea of finding mates had occurred to him, as they would actually be settled in one place, but he wasn't sure if it would be a good thing to grow the family or if he feared how the dynamic between the three of them would change. When Lochan glanced back, he smiled at his father. Things would work out.

Apparently Nadhim was the only one paying any real attention to where they were going. Lochan recognized the concern on her face. If they were going to stay in one place they'd have to be a lot more careful with how bold Lochan's predictions were. She sighed and carried on ahead. Her ears flicked forward and her brow furrowed.

"Did you guys hear that?" The shook their heads in response.

"I think I hear someone up ahead." She padded ahead of her father and listened carefully. Well, it made sense they'd come across someone. They were looking for a pride, after all.

SilverLutz

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:26 pm
Cetus looked down fondly at his strangely colored son, enjoying his excitement at seeing the rogue lands. Cetus had never been out in them before although he had seen it many times. He had grown up in the neighboring pride, the Bahari, and had recently made the switch to the Kizi following a female, but never had he stepped one paw out of either pride.

"It's pretty cool, right?" he said as Menkar gave another little 'wow', but frowned as he heard something not far off. He turned and looked in the direction the noise had come from but he didn't see anything. Huh...maybe just a critter running around.

"Really cool," the cub said, looking up at his father with a fond smile. "Does it really go on forever?"

"Well...everything ends, so I assume it does too," Cetus said, turning his attention back to his son. "But I've never seen the end of it. Just like I've never seen the end of the sea."

"Wow...I wonder what's out there," Menkar murmured, looking back at the open lands. Something caught his eye and he glanced in the direction the noise had come from, and thanks to his lower vantage point he saw quite a few paws among the foliage. "Oh! Dad! Look, there's some lions over there!"

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:44 pm
Nadhim was relieved to see it was just a cub. Being accompanied by his father didn't concern her any, either. The lioness sat down while her brother and father made their way over, too. She tilted her head in a friendly manner and smiled at the little red cub.

"Hey, little guy. I'm Nadhim, this is my brother Mchawi and my father Lochan-Kavi. We're looking for the Kizingo'Zaa pride. Can you tell us if we're nearby? Or are you from it?"

Mchawi let his sister handle the talking to the cub. He wasn't usually as good at guessing what age lions were, so with cubs he tended to talk down to them (which they hated) and older lions he'd speak too loudly to, expecting them to be hard of hearing (which they hated). He also sat down and smiled at the cub. At least that he couldn't mess up.

Lochan-Kavi watched as the cub's father walked, up, too. He also let Nadhim serve as ambassador for this interaction, but at least he felt the black lion could relate to him, as father to father. He nodded in greeting to Cetus.

SilverLutz

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:42 am
Cetus looked up as his son called his attention to their left where he could now see three lions approaching. They didn't appear to be aggressive, but the chill lion really hadn't ever seen anyone that was looking to cause trouble. He knew there had been some disturbances in the Kizi the past few years but he had joined after the last conflict, so he was still pretty green when it came to potential trouble.

Still, they didn't seem like they were looking for any. He padded over with Menkar hot on his heels, the little red lion darting out in front once they got closer. He peered up at the lioness with a grin, clearly not at all worried about the strangers.

"Hi! I'm Red," he said, puffing his chest out a bit as he used his gypsy name. He had just decided on it a few moons ago and finally he got to use it with someone that didn't already know his true name. It felt great! "Yeah, you're almost in it! Right dad?" he asked, looking up at Cetus.

The dark lion nodded in agreement as he surveyed the group. He gave a very tiny smile as Lochan-Kavi nodded at him and he wondered if his own cubs would stick around him when they were adults. "A pleasure to meet you. My son is right, you're just a few steps from our lands. What brings you here?" It was a little strange that they knew the pride by name and were looking for it since it was a fairly well-kept secret, but with all the lions here that got wanderlust, it wasn't terribly surprising. Times were changing, after all.

"His name is Sea Monster," Menkar added helpfully, still looking up at Nadhim. "You have very pretty eyes!"

Puhterodactyl
Just looking through RPs to count for a breeding, did you want to finish this one up?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:05 pm
Quote:
Nadim smiled at the cub and patted his head lightly with a paw.

"And my, what lovely stars you got from Sea Monster, Red!"

His were more indistinct and shimmering like the ones in their own sky compared to his fathers which were stark and bright against his black fur. The lioness wondered what the rest of the pride looked like. Were many others star-marked? Were dark pelts common throughout the members? If so, she and her family would fit right in. Or, and maybe she hoped a little, were they all varied and unique and different in every exciting and exotic kind of way? She couldn't wait to get to know everyone, make friends and bond the way rogues cannot.

Quote:
Lochan-Kavi heaved a sigh of relief. Oh thank goodness, they were nearly there.

"We three have spent many years in the rogue lands scraping by, but we know there's strength in numbers. Safety, security and so on. It's why we've stuck together, but what could be better than a pride? And a troupe of gypsies- why, that sounds just our speed." The rosy lion gave an easy smile and slouched. Truly, he was exhausted at this point.

"I'm ready to rest my weary bones. They may not like it or want to admit it, but I am getting old..."

Quote:
Mchawi, usually not one to be quiet, but thoroughly exhausted, had been somewhat silent.

"...We just want a home."

Life had been hard enough without a mother, and Lochan had done the best he could, but Mchawi was tired of the scheming and scamming and ripping off of others that they had done out of necessity to survive. He got along well enough with his sister, but when it's only you and two others, you didn't get much opportunity for space to cool off if you got into a sibling squabble.

SilverLutz
please i am the worst I can't believe it's been almost a year it feels like only a month or two. ; u;

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 am
"Thanks," Menkar said with a grin, turning his head to admire his own pelt. "My siblings got some too! They are pretty cool," he added, looking up at his father with pride. His favorite part about his pelt was the identical sea monster constellation he had on his shoulder, just like his dad, although his own lacked the actual monster around the stars. He turned to look at the three lions before him once again, nodding as they spoke, his tail bobbing back and forth as he grinned. New lions were always great!

"Well, look no further," Cetus said, a more steady and calm presence than his bubbly son. "The Kizingo'Zaa always welcome weary travelers, and if you're seeking to stay then we would be delighted to have all three of you." He knew that fresh blood was always important to keep a pride moving. He himself had joined not long ago when his now-mate had lured him into the pride and he was glad she had done so.

"Come, follow us and we'll show you to the King and Queen. They'll be delighted to meet you," he dark male said, turning to head back into the jungle, Menkar jumping up to do the same.

Puhterodactyl
I think this wins the award for longest RP ever >XDDDD We're SO CLOSE TO FINISHING IT LET'S DO IIIIIT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:43 pm
The trio nodded eagerly, despite their weariness. Lochan waited for his son and daughter to pass in front of him so he could bring up the rear- fathers could be so protective like that. Further up ahead, Nadhim nodded at Menkar and noted the differences between the constellations on the son and the father.

"What's it like- the Ki..zingo'Zaa?" Mchawi piped up from the middle. His ears were alert and turned forward and his eyes scanned for any little detail they could find, as if his diligence could bring them any closer any faster.

Lochan didn't care about the specifics at this point, even. They had heard enough positive feedback about the pride and that they were being welcomed was enough for him and his weary bones.

SilverLutz

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:11 pm
"It's so much fun!" Menkar said as he bounded forward, then back, slowly leading the group of older lions. "There's lots to do. You can hunt in the jungle, talk to some Dreamers, maybe you could even try the Cave out yourself! I'm too young," he added a bit sadly.

Cetus chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "There's also the sea," he said, following his son. He had come from the Bahari'mtoto who neighbored the Kizingo'Zaa, but both prides shared coastline that he loved to spend time on.

"We'll show you everything you need to know," he added, watching his son spring ahead into the foliage.

"Come on!" Menkar shouted, now out of sight. Cetus motioned for the trio to follow the cub before disappearing into the brush as well.

Puhterodactyl
Last post from me!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 am
Nadhim and Mchawi exchanged confused looks. Dreamers? The Cave? They shrugged at one another. Just an adventure for them to discover soon. Mchawi let a slight smile creep over his maw, and Nadhim met it with one of her own. But the sea?

Lochan cocked his head, his confusion like his children's. But Cetus' confidence was reassurance enough. He watched as Nadhim and Mchawi ducked into the thick foliage behind Menkar and disappeared into the spotty jungle darkness. He followed suit, towards their new home.

SilverLutz

that's a wrap :' )  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out