Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Getting put into project pairs at school was always an interesting time and because the teacher apparently had a sense of humour, this time she had decided to put two sets of siblings together. Or perhaps it had just been easier than trying to split up Thriller and Banshee and face the possibility of a window-shattering screech.

So there the four sat, two on one side and two on the other, staring each other down. A sheet rested on the table between them. ‘Design Your Own Project On A Marine Creature,” it read, with pictures of fish pasted on every available space.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
We should do whales!” Banshee declared, standing on her chair in excitement. “I love whales. Did you know that they sing? I already know heaps about whales!” As she spoke, her volume got louder and louder.

On the other side Dude Food had somehow snuck a packet of chips into a class and was munching on them with a content little grin. He wasn’t prepared to fight over whether it was whales or whatever; it didn’t matter to him either way as long as he didn’t have to do too much work.

I kinda like turtles,” he mentioned anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Iron Chef couldn't have cared less who she was paired up with. She knew that being paired up with Dude Food usually meant she got to just do everything herself and do it RIGHT, which is all she wanted. The last thing she wanted was to have to argue over what to do the report on. So inefficient!

"Seahorses. Seahorses are fine," she said decisively. "We are horses, we'll do horses."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "What?! That's so boring. Horses on horses? Let's do an anglerfish." said Thriller. He propped his head up on two hooves, smiling at his group. He looked at each face--all good, although obviously his sister was best. With all of them together, they should certainly get a THOUSAND A++++s.

Ruriska

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 am
Banshee gave a loud gasp. "What?! No way, it’s gotta be whales, wow, I mean, come ooooon," she waved an arm around; as if that would magically impart the understanding of whalekind’s majesty to everyone. It didn’t make sense for them not to agree. I mean, sure, anglerfish were pretty neat, she’d agree with that but whales.

"I guess it’s not turtles then," Dude Food murmured mostly to himself and then shrugged, upending the last of the chips into his mouth. He could already see where this was going. There were four different ideas and he wasn’t a fighter. Iron Chef was not going to roll over easily on this one. It was smarter to lift your hooves in surrender than take her on.

"So I’m thinking we should make a paper mache whale and then do a presentation on how awesome they are."

Atmadja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:31 pm
Iron Chef slid a look at Dude Food. She might've known he'd just back off of his original idea so quickly. She knew as well as he did that turtles were superior to whales; why didn't he just fight for it? But that wasn't his nature, she guessed. Whether it was laziness or laid-back-ness or a mixture of both (it was the third one), she didn't venture to say (aloud.)

"I think just a display about how cool something is probably won't get us that many points. We have to be more scientific and interactive. Anglerfish is probably not the way to go--I still think seahorses will resonate better with the class."

"Anglerfish AND whales are both awesome," asserted Thriller with a grin. "Maybe we could make a story about a pod of whales that meets an untimely end--an untimely end at the fin of one of their own." He cackled, an otherworldly sound.

"No." Iron Chef wasn't having any of that.

Ruriska

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:28 pm
Dude Food caught Iron Chef’s look and simply grinned back.

"Who cares about points?" Banshee looked genuinely confused. "I just wanna do the best sea creature, which is the whale… and not quite as best but almost there, the anglerfish!" She gasped suddenly and tugged at Thriller's arm. "We could do," she paused for effect, "a whale angler hybrid creature!"

As hilarious as that sounded, Dude Food couldn’t imagine that getting anything more than a C- for imagination. Iron Chef would hate that and they wouldn’t hear the end of it from their mother. "Did you know that uh male seahorses give birth?" He offered because if he wasn’t riding the turtle train he might as well lend his sister a hand.

Atmadja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:54 pm
Thriller REALLY liked the idea of a anglerfish-whale hybrid… but he could see that the pink unicorn might actually have a stroke if he suggested it, and that Dude Food was starting to align himself with his sister. Part of him badly wanted to stir the pot… and the other part of him thought maybe it would be better to suggest a compromise.

But then: "Wait, what? Seahorses do what? Dude-labor? They don't just have blister packs like normal two-dad couples?"

Thought process derailed.

Iron Chef could see that this was going nowhere, fast. And although she was dismayed to find out how little Thriller knew of biology in GENERAL, she thought of something else that might actually work for them.

"Okay, okay… what if we combined a whale and an anglerfish and just did a plain ol' shark?"

Ruriska

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:17 pm
Banshee’s cheeks puffed out and she slumped back in her seat, arms crossed. She couldn’t understand how the others couldn’t see how amazing her ideas were.

I’m good with sharks,” Dude Food waved one hoof lazily in the air. “That’s my vote.

The dark filly opened her mouth to argue and then rather suddenly remembered something awesome. “SHARK,” she screeched completely out of the blue, nearly rocketing forward out of her chair as she slammed her hooves excitedly on the table.

JAWS WAS AWESOME!

Atmadja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:30 pm
This was an idea Thriller could get behind. As much as he loved anglerfish and wanted support his sister, he didn't think any arguments would hold up against the formidable Iron Chef, who seemed like she was one marine suggestion away from blowing her top. Then Banshee would cry and Dude Food would… he didn't know… find more chips to eat?

Whatever. Banshee seemed to like the shark idea, and he did, too. Because sharks AND JAWS were both awesome. Plus, Jaws killed people in awesome chomp chomp ways.

"Shark! I am cool with shark. Sharks are so amazing," agreed Thriller. "Let's make a Jaws paper mache thing! Yeah!"

Iron Chef smiled. She was glad her group was starting to get excited about the ideas. She almost opened her mouth to speak against the paper mache, but… ugh, Banshee was just so excited, and maybe that would translate well? Ugh. Letting go of the reins was not her strong suit…

"We can maybe do a small paper mache visual aid. Or maybe you can just draw your favorite sharks, I don't know. But that's fine," she allowed. "Go for it."

Ruriska

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:40 pm
“You can do all the text and information,” Dude Food suggested to his sister, “I’ll keep them busy, uh, on track with the paper mache.” He grinned. It was also be easier if he just sat there, occasionally handing them glue or paper while they got excited about building a shark.

“Shark, shark, shark, shark,” Banshee was chanting but somewhere in the back of her mind, she was planning on sneaking in a little whale. Just a tiny one. “Let’s go! Let’s start now. This is gonna be so good.” Easily made happy, the filly grabbed her pencil case and upended in on the table. Pens and pencils went everywhere but she didn’t care.

“Righto, we’ve got twenty-three minutes left of class and two weeks to finish this, so don’t get too excited.” Dude Food drawled as he stopped a pen from rolling off the table. “But you guys should definitely start drawing out sharks and stuff.”

Atmadja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 pm
"How tremendously generous of you, Dude," snorted Iron Chef, but secretly (or not so secretly), she was pleased with getting the outright reins to the meat of the project. Iron Chef liked prior to do the grunt work--the paper mache, the prepping of food--so that she could get down to the nitty gritty. She was going to kick the crap out of this shark paper.

To return the favor, she graciously said: "That sounds great, Dude. You do that. Managerial skills at work."

Thriller, for his part? He was already drawing with Banshee. As though he had read his sister's thoughts, he drew a 'whale for size comparison' chart, and was sketching sharks beneath them. "Check it out!" He told her, pushing the paper across the table to her.

Ruriska

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:06 pm
“That’s me. All about the generosity,” Dude Food chuckled, knowing full well that Iron Chef wouldn’t have been able to handle not having control over the project. “I’ll manager the heck out of these two.” As if he was older and they weren’t all kids, though to be fair…

“WOAH so good. I like how big your sharks’ teeth are. You like mine?” Banshee had just drawn a shark with an afro. “Oh hey,” the next one had laser eyes, “Dudie and Iron, you wanna come over to our house later to do project stuff?”

Atmadja
nearly done i reckon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:26 pm
Iron Chef laughed, and it was truly a heroic feat that she didn't roll her eyes right out of her head. She began to put some of her thoughts down on paper, scribbling cheerfully about what she meant to do later, when she was free of all the bozos (except her brother, he was the Best.)

Thriller, meanwhile, was showing his gleaming teeth to Banshee in a giant smile, overjoyed by the afro shark. "YESSSSS. Look at that! Uncanny. Amazing. Heroic! I love it." He began to draw a 70s disco shark.

"Yes! Come on over! We have paper mache and understanding fathers," added Thriller with a nod.

Iron Chef laughed at that. She knew she would already have the report done by the time she and Dude went over. Couldn't hurt to go and help! She'd let them make a paper mache... she looked at Thriller and Banshee's papers... uh, 70s shark. That was fine. Kind of.

"Certainly," she said, very graciously.

Ruriska
I THOUGHT I REPLIED TO THIS...

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:10 pm
"Sure." Dude Food was never opposed to a house visit because there were usually snacks involved at some point.

"Pew pew, pew pew!" Banshee’s laser shark was trying to hunt down Thriller 70’s shark. "Yay! It’s gonna be awesome. Pew pew! Uh oh! Mr. Whale is here to save the day!" She quickly scribbled a big whale swallowing up laser shark.

"It’ll be fun," Dude Food said as he watched the epic battle of shark vs. whale. He was pretty sure their project was going to turn out perfect.

Atmadja

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff