Submit

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:36 pm
It was just after sunset, and the stores were all alight, warm glows coming from large windows that flickered when phonies walked in the way. The streetlamps flickered on, the wreaths adorning the poles bathed in yellow light. There was merry music pouring from the speakers throughout the street. The chill in the air turned Candy's nose numb, and she rubbed it hastily with a hoof. She floral patterned scarf and hat kept most of her face warm, but the nose was always the first thing to freeze.

She could have worn a jacket, but she knew they were going shopping, and whenever she went shopping, she got warm. And the trouble of putting on and then taking off the outerwear was just too much for her to deal with today.

She stood by the wall of a shop, waiting for May Day to arrive.

Atmadja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:10 pm
May Day soon arrived, dressed in a white scarf. As a bigger phony, May Day didn't often get cold, and he wore the scarf more for fashion (he desperately hoped he looked good) for Candy's sake than his own comfort. He was kicking himself as soon as he saw her, her cheeks and nose pinker than usual. Was he late? He could have sworn he was on time!

"Sorry if I made you wait!" he called as he approached. May Day still wasn't used to their new relationship, always certain Candy would wake up one day and laugh at her silliness. Thus, whenever he approached her for a hello-kiss, he did so with slight flushing hesitation--and he did so now.

"I hope you aren't too cold," he said apologetically.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:08 pm
Their recent change in relationship was strange to Candy too, though she would never admit it to May. She'd never been in this sorta thing before, so the appropriate behavior and stuff was all foreign to the pink mare. When he came in for a kiss, she kissed him back, cheeks flushing a brighter, warmer red.

"Oh no!" she said, waving away his concerns with a hoof. "My nose is perpetually frozen this time of year. It'll thaw right around March." she giggled, cuddling close to him. "How was your day? Anything exciting?"

Atmadja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:16 pm
"March!" May Day's eyes widened, his jaw dropping. "We can't have that..." He flushed as he spoke, still unused to being flirtatious. "Maybe I can warm you up a little bit this year, then? That doesn't sound like fun to me."

He smiled as she came closer to him, nuzzling her curls--which tickled his nose, forcing him to turn his head and sneeze.

"Well! Let's get shopping! I actually will have to help you out more than go for me... I just have to get something for Double Dare. I was thinking about getting him a base-jumping suit. Might keep him from just jumping without any protection at all."

Blue Eyed Melloon

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 pm
"Let's venture into the madness!" she said as the went into the store and joined the mild chaos inside. There were phonies of all ages looking this was and that while cheery music played overhead. She saw the makeup counter and immediately headed that way; TART and Boho would love something to add to their vast collections of eye powders and lipsticks, though for completely different reasons. She uncapped a lipstick the shade of a blueberry and grimaced.

"Just Double Dare?" she said, putting the cap back on and the tube back on the stand. "What about your folks?" She found another tube labeled Strawberry Seduction. Yeah, that sounded like something her sister would wear.

Or her dad in all honesty.

Atmadja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:32 pm
May Day followed her within, the sound of cheerful holiday music hitting him full blast, along with the scent of gingerbread and pine. The season was a feast for the senses, to be sure... a feast you had no choice but to gorge on. He hadn't much been out for too much holiday shopping, previously, so this was kind of a new experience for him.

The makeup counter was definitely new. May Day never had anything to do at one of these, and he wasn't too sure what to do with it. He lifted a thing that looked like a medieval torture device, curious--oh, an eyelash curler, the tag said. Why did anyone need curled eyelashes?

"Oh, uhm, that's a nice shade!" He said, looking up at Candy. "As for me, well--I don't have folks. I was just a blisterpack. I don't actually have siblings either, but me and Dare found each other as babbens and decided to be family. That's... all I've got, really."

Blue Eyed Melloon

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:45 pm
She watched him fiddle with an eyelash curler, a small smile on her lips. Odds were he didn't know what that was for. She knew, but she'd never used one. That was a level of self care that she didn't reach.

"I can't decide if TART would want this, or Dad." she said, embarrassed at her conundrum. "Ugh, I bet there aren't many phonies who but makeup for their dad. She held onto the tube she had, and picked out another one that advertised impeccable shine, all night long! in a similar shade. She'd wrap them, then decide who got who.

When he mentioned that he didn't really have a family outside of the striped daredevil, she paused, tilting her head to one side. Coming from a family as...prolific as hers was, it seemed odd that he didn't have any siblings or anything to speak of.

"Wait, if you were a blisterpack, who watched out for you until you popped out?" Her..second cousins? No, they must be second nieces and nephews..they were blisterpacks, but they had dads to watch out for them.

Atmadja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:58 pm
May Day did a double-take at that. Her DAD needed makeup? Who was her dad? Whose dad wore makeup? He wanted to ask, but delicacy made him hesitate. In the end, though, curiousity won over. "You... buy lipstick for your dad? That's... really ice of you to take his, uhm, interests in mind!"

He paused then, scratching his head. He'd never thought about it. "I... don't actually know who took care of me back then. I don't know if anyone did! I guess I'm lucky I didn't get stolen or smashed or anything. I just remember being a babben in the schoolyard and Double Dare telling me what to do and stuff." He shrugged. "I guess we were just foundlings. I went to school and grew up and started working at the cultural center and that was that."

Boy, he sure sounded pathetic right about now. How to salvage it? Deflect! Deflect! "It's awesome that you have such a huge family, though," he said with a smile.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:19 pm
She flushed. "My dad..my dad's TACO. The performer." Normally she wasn't ashamed of her dad. No, she wasn't ashamed now. She was...apprehensive. She didn't want May to think she was some kinda weirdo because of her eccentric parentage.

She moved on to the clothing section, looking for the stallions section for a gift for Prestige. She'd found the cufflinks, and paused there, listening to May's story.

She found herself feeling sad for May. He never got to grow up with a mom and dad telling him what to do, throwing him parties...

She blinked back the wetness in her eyes, smiling brightly. "My family is one of the biggest in Phonyland I think. If you include all the cousins and such. It's nice, but sometimes you forget who you're related to." Oh boy, that was a dangerous game when she first grew up. More than once she found that somephony she had a crush on was tentatively related to her.

"I can't decide what to get." She said, turning around with three sets of cufflinks. "It's for my brother. He's a magician." One set was shaped like rabbit head, the middle ones were shiny silver bows and the last simple gold circles.

Atmadja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 pm
Whelp. He was dating a famous phony's daughter. He was. A foundling nobody whom everyone thought was a piñata. Cool! Super cool.

"Wow, TACO! Okay. So what you're trying to say here is that you're even more out of my league than I thought." He said the words with a laugh, coming closer to her as he spoke. He shook his head, still grinning. "That's amazing. Well, that makes sense, then. No wonder your family's so big..."

He peered down at the cufflinks. It actually WAS super cool, now that he thought about it. It was cool that Candy Dandy was so level-headed and sweet and... everything that she was. She could be dating anyone in her dad's circle: other musicians, or athletes, or whomever she wanted. It was expressly, and really super super cool, that she had selected to date him.

"I like the rabbit head, myself, for a magician. I think that would be pretty cool." He looked over at her, flushing slightly. "I'm glad you always got to have such a big family. You deserve to be surrounded with that kind of love."

Blue Eyed Melloon

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:59 pm
She shook her head vigorously. "Nonono, I'm not out of your league at all!" she all but squealed. "My..my dad's famous, b-but it's not like I'm going to fancy parties or anything! I'm just a regular phony like you!" She welcomed his closeness, realizing he was joking with her. She sighed, and laughed.

"It was kinda cool going to his concerts when I was younger." she admitted, putting the other two cufflink sets down and holding on to the rabbit ones. "But I don't know how my mom puts up with his craziness. I'd much prefer someone a little more down to earth."

Candy couldn't tell if he was envious, or just making on observation.

"Love? Oh sure, there is that. There was a lot of theatrics too." she said, sighing lightly. "Brother's a magician, sister is trying to become a rock star, and my other sister..." she paused, picking her words carefully "She's trying to meet every man in phonyland." She hadn't forgotten Surrender, but she realized talking about her family that she'd fallen out of touch with him. What was he doing now?

"Our house was insane." She said, avoiding someone walking near by stepping closer to May for a moment. She was reminded how much bigger than she he was. It was comforting knowing she could never lose him in a crowd like this.

Atmadja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:18 pm
"Well, I only have Double Dare, but our house was pretty insane, too. Mostly because he went out of his way to make it insane. Like... truly... truly insane," laughed May Day--but there was a look behind his eyes of a stallion that had seen Too Much. He suppressed a shudder as he spoke. Gawd, those days of being woken up by paintball fire, or suddenly scooped up to go jump off a cliff...

"Tell me about YOUR insanity, though!" he continued, smiling. As he spoke, he lazily wandered toward a selection of ties and socks. "Your sister is trying to meet every man in phonyland? That'll take a while..."

Blue Eyed Melloon
poor innocent may day...

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Candy followed him to the socks and ties. "Double Dare sounds like a handful." she said, flipping through a rack of ties. She was certainly happy that none of her siblings decided to go base jumping.

"Starting with TART are we?" she said, smiling. "She's..taken after dad quite a bit, at least in the....affectionate ways?" she stumbled over her words, trying to be as PG about it as possible. "Her idea of a good time is chasing the guys around bars and flirting her way through the masses. Not that I'm saying anything bad about that!" she said, backpedaling. "I love my sister, I really do! And I don't have anything against her! Her style just isn't my style I guess." she laughed lamely, rubbing her leg with the other hoof and feeling silly.

"Then there's Boho; she's the one trying to be a rockstar. She's pretty loud and reckless, but totally loyal to the family. She got dad's musical talent." She picked up a green tie, trying to decide if it would look good on Surrender. She put it back; green didn't really mingle well with blue. "So now I think she out touring the countryside with her band." Was she even going to be home before the new year? Should she get her a present?

"I feel like I'm boring you with all the family talk." she said suddenly, looking back at him.

Atmadja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:38 am
May Day shook his head vigorously as she apologized. It actually sounded amazing to him, having a full family like that, so many personalities and people around all the time... His had all been packed into Double Dare, and that was it!

"TART sounds like a handful," laughed May Day in return, lifting a hoof. "And it's alright, it's nice you support her even if she, uh... wants to be Blanche Devereaux from Golden Girls."

It was the most tactful way he could think of to say it.

"Besides, it's cool you have a rockstar dad and a rockstar sister and a magician brother and stuff. It seems like they all like the stage and the limelight! That's not what you wanted, though?" He looked over the ties, picked one out and then put it back, all without thinking. Double Dare's base jumping suit he could just buy online, since there probably wouldn't be one in the store... that would be plenty good.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Candy laughed at the comparison, taking her items and standing in line to pay. She was very aware that she seemed to be the pink sheep of the family, forsaking the limelight for a more humble existence among the regular folk.

"To be honest..I have terrible stage fright." she said, smiling sheepishly. "I can't even step on stage to help Boho set up her equipment without feeling like I'm gonna faint." It was her one of two phobias, but May didn't need to know about her height aversion just yet.

"I'm content with my current situation." she said, craning her neck to try and see how long the line was. "It allows me to meet folks that aren't all glamorous and rich and well, fake." She glanced back at May flirtatiously. "I get to meet really nice stallions who are willing to go shopping with me, even if they don't need anything themselves."

Atmadja

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces