Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Locanda De Gusti ~ NPC Owned Business ~ Edinburgh, Scotland Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Five star dining experience located in Edinburgh, Scotland. The restaurant boasts stylish, contemporary dining room with rustic accents, serving traditional Naples-inspired cuisine.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:02 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxA secluded table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfident
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I, I, I, I ωαииα šee чøυ, чøυ, чøυ, чøυ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tełłıи' мe т ħ α т т ħ α т т ħ α т xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ g ø т ωħαт I и e e đ xxxxxx
                                                          D ø, ρяeттч gıяł, đ ø и ' т š ρ e α κ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJames had been very careful about where he'd apparated Lyre to in order to take her out; the restaurant he'd had in mind wasn't in the most isolated of locations, so he had to be sure they wouldn't be seen. He'd considered taking her to his place and just walking the rest of the way, but it was a bit of a walk, and he'd rather they save that for after they ate. So, he'd chosen an alleyway about a block away, very secluded, and blessedly clean, which was unusual but quite welcome. He didn't figure that the smell of garbage would've gotten their date off to a very good start, after all. He made small talk while they walked, asking about how her work was doing and trying to keep the subject mostly on her. He knew that he tended to get a bit self-absorbed, and didn't want to ruin the date, and her opinion of him, by talking about himself all night.

spaceWhen the'd arrived, he'd opened the door for her, and then given his name, glad he'd made a reservation, given that it was a bit crowded. Thankfully, they'd done as he'd requested and kept an excellently-located table open for them, away from the crowded space and a lot of the conversation. Quiet and private, which was something he valued a lot when he was eating... Especially when he was with a woman. And this woman in particular, since he was taking this date far more seriously than he had taken one in... well, a very long time, if he were honest. The Gryffindor pulled Ly're chair out for her, smiling widely. "I hope this works for you?" he asked, thinking that if it didn't, he'd be surprised. It was a very good table. But, that was his opinion, and different people had different tastes. He doubted Lyre would make much of a fuss, though. She'd never seemed the sort to be like that. "Thought of this place when you mentioned garlic bread... the knots here are amazing. Best in Edinburgh." Not that he was really any sort of authority on that, except that he ate out a lot. Like, a lot a lot. This was definitely one of his favorite places, though. Plus, the staff was really good to you... especially if you gave them a decent tip. Which he always did, because hell, it wasn't like he needed the money.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e
                                                          xxxxxx Bч тħe ωαч чøυ ħ ø ł đ м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx Wαч тħαт чøυ ¢ ø и т я ø ł м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx Sρeeđ мe υρ øя š ł ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          bee tee dubs Gryffie click the heart

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre had gotten her aunt to help choose an outfit and to do up her hair. In the end, Lyre felt rather... un-Lyre. Her hair was all curled and knotted, and while her dress was wonderful, it wasn't exactly her normal style. Her nerves were building quite steadily, but when her clock beeped to tell her it was 6, she felt near faint. Lucky for her, the mood vanished the instant her door was knocked upon. She walked to the door, smiling bright when she indeed saw James standing there. Oh, how exciting!

Lyre held tight to James while they apparated, the woman looking around. They were in some sort of alleyway, but they walked out onto a lovely street. She looked around excitedly, having never been to Scotland before. The city was very nice, and her company made it all the better. The duo held a conversation, talking about her work and all. Finally, they arrived at a fancy looking restaurant. Oooh, good. She was really hungry! James held open the door for her, and Lyre blushed a bit as she stepped inside. What had she done to please the heavens enough to send her such a sweet man?

The couple, yes, couple followed the maître d' to their table, which was situated just perfectly. As she was going to grab a chair, James pulled one out, so she sat there, crossing her ankles and all. James sat, then asked if the table was alright. "Oh, James, it's all so beautiful! Thank you!" She gazed around, but her eyes kept pointing back to James. He was so thoughtful! He mentioned their garlic knots, and she grinned. "Ohh, that does sound perfect! I can't wait to try them!" Any place with garlic knots was a good place to be, in her mind.

══════════ ══════════
𝐸𝒟𝐼𝒯𝒪𝑅 𝒜𝒯 𝒲𝐻𝐼𝒵𝒵 𝐻𝒜𝑅𝒟 𝐵𝒪𝒪𝒦𝒮 x
𝐹𝒪𝑅𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝑅𝒜𝒱𝐸𝒩𝒞𝐿𝒜𝒲 xxxxxxxx

Look around. We’re living with the lost and found. Just when you feel you’ve almost drowned,
You find yourself on solid ground, and you believe there’s good in everybody’s heart.
Keep it safe and sound. With hope, you can do your part to turn a life around.
I cannot believe my eyes. Is the world finally growing wise?
‘Cause it seems to me some kind of harmony is on the rise.

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:57 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxA secluded table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfident

spaceJames managed a confident smile when she complimented the restaurant, he couldn't help himself. It was a pretty nice place, after all. It was no surprise she was pleased with his selection, but he was still glad to hear it verified. "Well, you know, I can't take the credit. I'm sure they hired some very expensive interior decorators. I just eat here," he quipped, knowing full well that wasn't really what she'd meant. He couldn't resist, though. He was hoping his completely not-funny sense of humor would be another thing she liked about him.

spaceHe got himself settled once she was comfortable, and offered another easy smile. "Dunno what your preferences are, but I've always been partial to their panzarotto, if you'd like an appetizer. It's basically a potato covered in pepper and Parmesan. Their pizza selection's pretty great, too," he told her, hoping she found something she liked on the menu. Though, they were pretty good about replacing a meal if it turned out it wasn't too your liking. A server came then, bringing the garlic knots, and to take their drink orders. He debated for a long moment ordering a bottle of wine, but wasn't really sure if she even drank wine, let alone what kind she'd like. So, he just asked for a water, figuring that he could order the wine later if she was interested. He was trying not to make any assumptions. Sometimes girls liked that, but he usually thought it was a bit pompous, even for him, and he didn't want Lyre to feel at all pressured.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          flargle narffle

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:47 am
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre looked at James, his smile radiating confidence and charisma. Did he even know that that very smile made butterflies roil in her belly? He probably did, but even if he was doing so on purpose, she didn't think she would genuinely care. At his joke, Lyre tried to remain straight-faced, but the redhead ended up laughing quite hard. "You do far more than just eat here, James. You make the atmosphere considerably less... pompous? You make it quite perfect, actually." She smiled at him, dimples showing in her happiness.

The couple settled in, Lyre's eyes constantly moving, catching all the lights to see all she could. James mentioned a panzarotto for appetizers. From the way he described it, she thought it would be wonderful. "That sounds delicious, actually. Though, I'm not very much into pizza, if you'd like to get one, we could surely eat that. You're the one who has eaten here, so you're more apt to know what all is delicious. Though... I don't doubt everything is." She chuckled, looking over the menu. The ravioli looked quite nice, and she figured she'd probably get that. Just as she was thinking about ravioli, a waiter appeared with the promised garlic knots. Honestly, Lyre had to try not to drool. Mmmm is was so lovely. James ordered water, so she matched the drink, though she asked for lemon on the side. Something crisp and lovely. "I really must thank you again, James. It's been quite a while since I've been out to a lovely restaurant... and even longer since I've had such wonderful company." Another smile. She was certain by the time she got home her cheeks would be sore from all this silly grinning.... Honestly, she didn't care. It was good to have someone to make her smile.

══════════ ══════════

Look around. We’re living with the lost and found. Just when you feel you’ve almost drowned,
You find yourself on solid ground, and you believe there’s good in everybody’s heart.

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:56 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxA secluded table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfident

spaceJames had to admit, she was probably the only person in the world who'd say he brought the ego down in a room. Then again, even when he was being self-absorbed, pompous wasn't really the right word for him. It denoted a level of class he'd never even bothered to try and attain. He'd always been more of a show off than anything else. It wasn't like he thought he was better than anyone (except at his job, at which he was excellent and wouldn't lie about it), he just had a lot of confidence. And liked being the center of attention. Though, since Wyatt and Milo had adopted Dris, that hadn't been as much of a concern for him. In answer, he tried to tone down a bit of the cockiness in his smile and eyes, figuring he should at least try to live up to her image of him. "I never found the atmosphere all that pompous, but then, I might not've noticed," he told her with a shrug. "I'm pretty unobservant off the pitch. But, glad to know that you're happy to be here with me." And he was, incredibly so, even if he wasn't quite sure how he'd managed to pull this off. Because as far as he could tell, they'd known each other a fairly decent length of time, and she was still utterly blind to his myriad of character flaws. Granted, they hadn't spent that much time together since they'd met, but most people had him pegged pretty quickly. He couldn't even chalk it up to her not being particularly smart, because by his estimation she was incredibly so. It was getting sort of baffling, actually.

spaceHer comment on the pizza made him arch a brow, because it did make him curious. "Alright, but have you ever had actual Italian pizza? Not the stuff that gets delivered to your house at midnight because you've got the munchies?" he asked, partially teasing and partially genuinely curious. He knew she'd lived in America for a while, and it wasn't like delivery pizza was terribly uncommon either there or in England. He'd never actually had anything an Italian would really consider pizza until the first time he'd eaten here. "I really like the Focaccia. Proper Italian, it is... I'd ask the server for his recommendations, to be honest. I like pretty much everything on the menu." He smirked at this. Alright, so he wasn't picky, sue him. He was an athlete, he had to consume a lot of calories. Besides... he really liked food.

spaceThe Seeker did give her an odd look for a moment, and then his expression turned to what could best be described as a puppy who was told they couldn't have any table scraps. "Oh, have I not been good company prior to tonight?" he asked, teasing her. "I thought I was a decent enough date at the wedding. Unless you've been out somewhere like this since then, of course." At that, he had to shove down the sudden welling of jealousy. He hadn't really considered that she might've had another date in between then and now, but it was sort of stupid to think so. Though, apparently he was better company than whoever she'd gone out with, so that was a point in his favor, he thought petulantly. He had to wonder what was wrong with the guy (or girl? Did Lyre like girls, too?), and tried to tamp down the urge to fish for information regarding what he assumed was a less than stellar date. It wasn't like it mattered, right? She was here with him now... Still, part of him desperately wanted to know. He was probably at least better looking than whoever it'd been, right? Probably not smarter, but that hadn't worked against him yet, so probably nothing to worry about.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          flargle narffle

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre pondered over her date. He was certainly a charmer, and more than handsome to boot. All that charisma, and definitely the spirit of a winner. So what in the name of heaven was he doing with an uncoordinated homebody like herself? She tilted her head, looking thoughtful. When James mentioned not noticing the atmosphere, she laughed quietly. "No, I suppose you're right. Pompous isn't really the word for it..." Her words trailed a bit, the woman pondering various words to use. James continued, mentioning his usual nonobservance. She grinned, and nodded along. "Although I've never flown in a pitch before, I find myself facing a similar delimma. Though, mine stems from literature, rather than athletics." She grinned, sipping from her water. Regardless of their ability to observe, they'd found a match. The two of them seemed to work better than even the romantic movies could predict.

On their discussion of pizza, James asked if she'd ever had actual Italian pizza, rather than the midnight kind? Did they make worse pizza then? She'd never ordered food so late! "I have not. Then again, I've not gotten pizza at midnight, and I don't believe I've ever had the munchies." She grinned, then looked at the menu again. Focaccia? It did sound rather tasty. With a nod, she grinned at her date. "You know what, it does sound really good. And if you like it, I'm quite sure I will too. Let's follow your house and go for it!" She laughed, remembering the rather headstrong Gryffindors she'd met while at Hogwarts. James certainly fit the bill, if naught else.

After saying she was pleased to have James as company, he looked a bit sad. Why, though? Had she worded her compliment to sound negative? Of course, he asked if he'd not been a good date prior, then even mentioned the wedding they'd attended. Lyre could've kicked herself. "Oh! Oh no, James! You're positively wonderful! I didn't mean to... imply you weren't! I meant, it's been a long while since I've had a date like this. No crowds, just... us." She smiled at him, a bit flustered that her words made James feel bad. She'd never intended that! He still looked down, so she added, "If it helps, you're my favorite. I'm not a grand authority of dating or anything, but I know a good person when I meet them, and you, dear James, are a very wonderful sort. And I'm glad to be on this date with you." She nodded, hoping her newer words would soothe over her stupid ones previous. For someone as eloquent as she, Lyre wondered why James made her forget all the words she had in mind.

══════════ ══════════

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxA secluded table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfident

spaceJames grinned and managed a small chuckle at her comment on their mutual inability to properly observe their surroundings. He figured her problem was probably very different from his own. She was usually wrapped up in her own head, he imagined, thinking so much that she didn't watch. He didn't really have that excuse. Or, well. He was caught up in his head, but he imagined his own thoughts were very different from hers. With the exception of Quidditch strategy, which he supposed he did think of fairly often, his thoughts were significantly less... honorable, than he'd bet hers were. Not that he was going to tell her that, since it'd probably scare her off.

spaceHe blinked at her a bit, then shook his head, laughing a bit. "I just meant, the kind of stuff you get from a place like Domino's or Pizza Hut, Lyre," he told her, amused. "The munchies thing was a joke. But, there's a pretty big difference between the stuff you order online and have delivered, and what you get at a place like this. That was all I meant." He was a little surprised when she said she'd try the focaccia (and slightly amused that she considered opting to do so as acting like a Gryffindor), but figured that it made things easier. The Seeker leaned forward, crossing his arms over the tabletop to rest his weight on them. "We can order it to share, then. If you don't like it, you can get something else, and I'll just have the pizza for myself," he told her, that arrogant light back in his eyes, a small smirk forming to show off his teeth.

spaceHe was more than a bit surprised at her very insistent correction of her previous statement. He'd thought that his tone had been mostly playful, and hadn't meant to make her think he was serious... James frowned a bit, feeling bad. Of course, that all but evaporated a second later when she said he was her favorite. After all, it'd be pretty hypocritical of him to genuinely have a problem with her having been on dates with other people, given his own past romantic entanglements. Being her favorite was definitely going to work for him, as long as he could just... keep it that way. His expression grew a bit sheepish, a hand reaching across the the table to settle over hers. "I was just teasing, Lyre," he told her, wanting to kick himself. "But, if it counts for anything, you're definitely my favorite, too." He almost added that, unlike her, he'd been on a lot of dates. But that would probably be a really bad idea. Not that she didn't know any of it, he figured she had to know by now that he had... something of a reputation. But that didn't mean he had to go reminding her of it. "And I'm really glad you agreed to come out with me tonight, and I'll try not to make an arse of myself again." His thumb brushed across the back of her hand gently, and then he grabbed it properly and raised it to his lips to kiss her knuckles. Alright, maybe he was laying it on a bit thick. But he had Lyre pegged as the type of girl who really liked those cheesy romantic gestures, and it wasn't like he didn't like making them, at least in this case. Any of his previous girlfriends, he'd never have bothered with. But, again... she was different.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          flargle narffle

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:16 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre laughed when James hurried to explain that he was meaning the cheap, Americanized pizza places she ordered from once in a while. "Yes, James, I figured as much. I've had some pretty rubbish pizza. Usually from the delivery places, too." She grinned, hoping James wouldn't find her humor to be bad enough for him to just up and leave. She'd had it happen before. That fellow she'd gone to the theater with in the States. Then again, he was a complete jackarse, so she'd not compare James to him in any way. Besides, he'd have nothing on James! At his suggestion that they split unless she found it awful, she nodded. "That sounds like a plan. Plus, their dessert menu looks rather delightful." She giggled, setting the menu down to return focus on her date.

As Lyre was apologizing, she didn't really notice James' expressions. When she finally stopped babbling, he said he'd been teasing. Her cheeks pinked a bit, mouth forming a small 'o' in surprise. She was highly skilled in interpreting emotion when written, but lord she was bad when it translated to real life. She did notice that his hand was laying on hers, a gesture which she found quite comforting. She looked up at him, giving a rather goofy grin when he said she was his favorite as well. That was wonderful news! A fellow like James had probably had more than two dates... and one incredibly awkward kiss with Luke, so for her to be his favorite meant a great deal. He mentioned his gratitude that she'd gone with him, and she smiled, this time a little more normally. His thumb brushed over her hand, sending butterflies into her stomach. When he kissed her knuckles, she melted into a puddle of awws. "Aww James, you're too sweet, you know that, right?" She could feel the warmth radiating from her dimpled cheeks, but it was impossible to stop smiling now!

══════════ ══════════

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:47 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxA secluded table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfident

spaceJames' nose wrinkled, and he shook his head at her. "I usually can't stand delivery places anymore. I guess I got used to more expensive food. Which is probably not great, considering that I can't cook for shite. Every night I either end up somewhere like here, or I eat salad." Vaguely, he wondered if Lyre could cook at all. But, he managed to cut that thought off before it went any further, because there was really only one place it could possibly go, and this was a first date. Or second date... Either way, far too soon to be entertaining anything like that. "Every once in a blue moon I get a craving for something horrible, greasy, and cheap, but it's not often. I think I'm over at Wyatt and Milo's for dinner more nights than not these days, anyway. Or I pop over the next day and steal leftovers," he said with a chuckle. Thus far, he didn't think he'd worn out his welcome at the Abrams household... Of course, it could be argued that'd he'd never so much been welcome as he'd made himself impossible to get rid of. Sort of like a poltergeist, he thought, remembering Peeves from his school days. He'd always liked that guy.

spaceAt her mention of dessert, he slumped in his chair dramatically, letting out a faint groan. "It's great. I swear, one night I finally gave in and tried the chocolate mousse, I came in every night for the next two weeks to have it. Had to work so much to burn off those calories," he said, sounding almost like he was in pain. After a pause, though, he smirked. "Totally worth it, though. And besides, I like working out," he told her with a wink. "I recommend either that, or the panna cotta if you want something lighter. The mousse is... really, really rich. I think they sold their souls to the devil for the recipe. It's sinful." As soon as the word left his lips, he got a strange light in his eyes, then shook his head a bit. His voice had dropped a couple octaves when he'd spoken, too. Except he was supposed to be staying off that track... Unfortunately, he wasn't very good at it. He liked that track! A lot, actually, and Lyre looked very, very lovely tonight.

spaceEven lovelier when she smiled like that, he noted, and then he really had to get himself to focus. First. Date. And not a first date like most others he'd gone on since graduating, because those hadn't really been dates so much as ill-advised hook ups. Part of him wondered if he should've asked for advice on how to go on a proper date without the intention of winding up in the girl's bed that night, but anyone he could've spoken to about it would've never let him live it down. Though, it wasn't as though he didn't want to end up there, obviously. He just had a feeling Lyre wouldn't go for that. And he didn't expect her to. Or even want her to, considering that he liked her the way she was... It was just kind of hard to remind his libido of that. "If you say so," he told her in response to being called sweet. "I think you've got it backwards and you're the sweetheart, but I've never been one to turn down a compliment."

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          flargle narffle

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:38 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre laughed when James mentioned his rather expensive tastes. Dare she tell her eating habits? "I don't often enjoy delivery food either. There's a nice little café near my flat. There's quite a bit of food selection, and it's quite inexpensive. It's seldom I get to eat somewhere near as nice as this." She smiled sweetly, this one not quite reaching her eyes as she worried about messing up this perfect date with talks of finances. He mentioned going to his friends' house for dinners or even leftovers, and she laughed. "It's very nice they cook extra for you. My aunt does sometimes, but her dog scares my Loki, and me, honestly, so we don't go there very often anymore." She liked dogs, but her aunt's evil little princess of a dog was something out of horror novels! Lucky, her cat was very much behaved, so it never came down to a fight.

After mentioning desserts, James looked ready to faint from happiness. He even groaned! Such an adorable sound! How was he so dang cute?! He mentioned their chocolate mousse and how it'd tempted him to return several times, despite having to work harder to even out. He then smirked, saying it was worth it. Ohgod. Was that a wink?! Did he just wink at her?! He compared a few desserts, but she was still fluttering over that silly wink of his. Did he even know what that did?! When his voice dropped to murmur out the word 'sinful', Lyre had no choice but to turn her head. She tried to hide the silly smile, but the titters sounded a bit, the girl quite caught up in the whirling emotions inside. After a few breaths, the woman turned her gaze back upon James. "If it's as.... sinful as you say, there's no way we can leave here without experiencing the sweet tastes, hm?" She smirked a bit, then threw in a tiny wink, before blushing once again.

Another few seconds, another fleeting gaze... How had she managed to pick out the absolutely best person to be with? If her knowledge of romance was accurate, -and judging solely by the worn books on her bookshelf, she was very esteemed on the topic- James was an ideal sort of partner. Someone strong, handsome, and quite charismatic was the stuff of legend and myth.... but here before her was a pretty damned good match for all the traits! Sure, he was a bit frivolous at times, but the rest he was so wonderfully kindly! Whom else would go out of their way not only to help her up, but to ensure she didn't fall to begin with? When he turned her words to call her a sweetheart, a soft smile touched her lips. "Well, I try to politely handle compliments myself, but any from you must be quite true, which returns the point of your sweetness." She laughed, rather enjoying passing kind words as such.

══════════ ══════════

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:22 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxA secluded table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfident

spaceJames wondered if her mentioning the cafe and her aunt's cooking but not her own meant that she didn't cook. He didn't know why, but he'd always gotten the impression that she did... it was probably the 1950's American Housewife thing she had going with how she dressed, he reasoned. You saw a girl in a dress like that, pearls and the like, and you figured she was the sort to do a lot of cooking and cleaning. Didn't make it true, though. Whatever the case, it wasn't like... Wait, no. There he went again. Getting ahead of himself. Why was he always getting ahead of himself? Trying to dispel the thoughts, he offered her a smile. "Mm, maybe I'll have to pop over to London one night and you can take me there," he said cheerfully. He did wonder why the dog was so scary, though. Did she not like dogs? That... That wouldn't be a problem, he told himself. Gambit barely qualified as a dog, he was too smart for that. And anyway, who the heck was afraid of Corgis? "What's with the dog? Is it big and mean, or what?" he asked curiously, unable to resist asking. He loved his little mate, he didn't want to worry about Lyre and him not getting along any longer than he had to.

spaceJames was torn between guilt and pride when she couldn't look at him after his comment. Guilt because he was supposed to be a gentleman with Lyre, and pride because, hey, who didn't like knowing that they could get that look on a girl's face? But, he nearly choked on his water when she returned his serve, caught too off-guard by the fact that she'd responded in kind to notice how clumsily she'd done it. Suddenly, he had to wonder if he was somehow being punished. That was totally it, this was the universe getting him back for what a total whore he'd been until the last couple of years. Or he was being tested. Either way, it sucked, because he was fixated on that wink and the tone in her voice when she'd said the word 'sinful.' He shifted in his seat, managing his usual cocky grin, though for once it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Mm, I think you'll enjoy it," he fired back, and then had to wonder how much of this he was going to get away with before she caught on to the fact that she should probably not be on a date with him. Dammit, this was getting difficult. He had to wonder where the line was between treating her with respect, and just outright being someone he wasn't. But... if he kept the flirtatious comments relatively mild, and didn't actively try to get in her pants this exact night, but still admitted he had the intention of ending up there eventually... that was probably a good middle ground, right? Or was that still awful... No, that had to be fine. What kind of guy went on a date with a girl and didn't have the intention of sleeping with her at some point? Unless the bloke was asexual, or there were some sort of weird circumstances. He didn't know what they would be, but they had to be weird.

spaceHe had to at least concede when she stated that any compliments from him had to be true. After all, he wasn't much of a liar. Not smart enough for it, he always joked. It was easier to just be honest. Hell, he hadn't ever lied to her, only left things out, and he was already having a hell of a time with all that. Easier to just be honest... And to be polite. What was that old saying, you could catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? As a child, he'd never really understood it, but since then he'd developed a theory that a potioneer had come up with it. They needed flies for lots of things, they would totally want to catch them. He offered the redhead another smile, shrugging. "I try? I've never really seen the point in being mean to people," he told her. As he spoke, the waiter appeared, and he placed the order for the pizza for her to try. If she didn't like it, he knew that the servers would be happy to replace her meal. They'd probably still charge, since he'd be eating the pizza, but that wasn't a big deal. It wasn't like he'd asked her here with the intention of only paying for one meal.

xxx Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          flargle narffle

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre watched James as she pondered, and she wondered upon his thoughts. He finally mentioned coming to London to go with her to the cafe. Her cheeks blushed a bit, and the girl nodded. "I would like that very much. They make great bubble tea." She giggled, eyes closing as she did. Her mum always said she should laugh with her eyes open, but to Lyre, a good laugh involved closing your eyes... though she didn't know why. When James asked about her relationship with her aunt's dog, the redhead gave a playful eye roll. "That dog is possessed! I swear it! Such a tiny little thing, but it snarls and bites any time it sees someone other than my aunt! She's spoiled to the point of being evil! I normally love dogs, but that purebred princess is the antithesis of a sweet, loving dog." She looked at James, wide-eyed. She briefly wondered if he had a pet, then imagined him with a big, goofy dog that liked kisses and cuddles. That seemed about right.

As they were flirting, the woman couldn't help but feel rather foolish. She probably shouldn't have antagonized the situation, particularly because even level-headed James looked a bit flustered. Even his silly little smirk seemed... off. His simple words assured her that's she'd done something possibly detrimental. Oh dear. Time to change topic... urgently! She filed for ideas, then grinned. "My Grandfather makes a chocolate lave cake. If you're ever needing to add several hundred calories to your diet. It's too hot to eat alone, thanks to the molten chocolate, so you get a bit of ice cream and a bit of the cake on your spoon and eat it all in one go. It's one of my very favorite desserts." She grinned, hoping she was able to distract with the thought of cakes.

After professing James' words true, he agreed, saying there wasn't much point in being mean. She nodded, smiling like a mother would to a poorly child. "Oh, I quite agree. Which is why I'm rather glad I found such an honest soul as yours. It's nice to build relationships on trust and understanding, after all." She nodded, thoughts spinning out. Had she said they were in a relationship? Surely he'd think she meant such a relationship that two close friends should share, rather than lovers. Lovers...? Of course they weren't lovers! She blushed a bit, thinking along to her inner monologue. They couldn't nearly be classified as lovers. They'd only kissed cheeks! This was their first... well, second date. They could just be going steady. There. That was a good way to describe their relationship.... for now.... though the redhead vaguely wondered what it would be like getting kissed... and more... by this particular man before her..... Nope. Change of thoughts!

══════════ ══════════

══ ══

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:18 pm
User Image

Am I in love with you? Or am I in love with the feeling?
....................................................Trying to find the truth. Sometimes the heart is deceiving.

Can't get out of my head and I need you to save me.....................................................................
If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy in love with you.

╔═════════════════════════════╗
Cameron Rowley
Gryffindor Alumnus - Twenty Seven - Muggleborn - Team Wales Beater
╚═════════════════════════════╝

Cameron was a mess. A hot mess, but nonetheless a mess. He couldn’t figure out why he was so nervous to go on a date – he’s gone on plenty! And all of them over the last two years have been with Rory. He’s never taken her out to a super fancy restaurant before although some did come close. He had told her he would pick her up at 19:00 sharp, which he did. At precisely 18:57, he apparted himself in front of her place and knocked on the door. Her father had let him in and he waited until the redhead was ready. She came downstairs in a stunning red dress with matching shoes and lips. “My, oh, my, I’m a lucky guy,” he said with a smirk before planting a small peck on her lips and intertwining his fingers with hers. As they touched, his nerves diminished although they hadn’t quite disappeared. Trying his best to remain calm and collected on the outside – and Cam thought he had been doing a marvelous job so far – the man readjusted his tie with his free hand before pulling out his wand and apparting into an alleyway near Locanda De Gusti.

Since Cam was a wizard, he didn’t see the need in owning a car and learning to drive. When he was sixteen and could legally learn to, he didn’t see a need for it. His mum had offered to teach him – she was a muggle and did own a vehicle after all – but he declined. At the time, all he wanted to do was cast spells and spend as much time as he could with Elli. Eleven years later and he still didn’t see a need for a car. Apparating was much quicker and cheaper – not like the second factor was even really a factor. Quidditch paid their star players pretty well and although it was in galleons, converting the currency into pounds was easy and took almost no effort to do. “After you, m’dear,” he said, holding the restaurant’s door open for her. Minus the fact that his hands were a little sweaty, Cameron had started the evening off smoothly.

Or am I in love with the feeling?

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

EmrysStorm

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:44 pm
Butterflies with punctured wings.
XXStill there are darkened places deep in my heart,
XXXWhere once was blazing light, now
XXXXThere's a tiny spark.User Image

♯♩♪♫♬♭♮Rory fretted around for hours getting ready for her date tonight which was completely out the norm for her for anything. Usually she would just throw on the first thing in reach and even when going out with Cam she would only make sure to cover the bits she didn't want anyone but him to stare at and that would take ten, fifteen minutes tops. Tonight though she felt like it was different, he was taking her to a really fancy restaurant, out of country mind, and according to her dad he was even early! She quickly touched up her makeup in her bedroom mirror trying to ensure nothing was creased or smudged when she heard the familiar excited pitter-patter of her daughter. "You look pretty mummy!" she told her which made the Irish lass grin and press a kiss to her toddler's chubby cheek. "Why t'ank ya lassie, you be sure ta no' give yer granda too much trouble ta-nigh' alrigh'?" Even after saying it she could barely hold in the snort of doubt that her Cassidy would be anything less than the tornado of destruction she usually was. Instead of a usual giggle her redheaded daughter pouted. "Why canna come wif you an' Daddy Cam?" Rory's heart stuttered in her chest having only heard her daughter call Cam "Daddy" twice but never actually to his face, which she was slightly thankful for. "Tonigh' is fer grownups only, maybe ano'er time kay?" she pressed another kiss to the tot's red pigtails before picking her up and taking her downstairs to her dad. She blushed lightly but mainly just grinned and struck a quick pose at Cam's witty response to her attire before she was quickly kissed (too quickly in her books) and whisked out the door. He apparated them to the front of a swank restaurant that practically had her speechless and her apprehensiveness of the night doubled. Still, she grinned as Cam acted ever the gentleman and opened the door for her and walked through the door and waited for him by the maître d stand.♯♩♪♫♬♭♮

kiska166

Wearing
Locanda de Gusti
Cam
Ugh, what is wrong with me?!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

XXXXCome and find me dancing all alone,
XXXTo the sound of an enemy's song,
XXI'll be lost until you find me
Fighting on my own  
Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]