Elthia was a quiet sort who tended to squeak when spoken to rather than boldly expressing herself. So when she was daily surrounded by bold individuals who loved to bicker and speak their minds the petite lioness found herself at a loss. How was she ever supposed to be like that? There’s just no way. Shyly Elthia watched as Shira once more sashayed through the pride and gained the attention of onlookers. Faint amusement made her smile. If their harem wasn’t already a big one then Shira probably would have several suitors lined up to either claim her or jump ship for her.

The smile faltered as she watched Shiro stalking behind his twin. It must be nice to have such a close relationship, but for some reason the lioness felt a bit dismayed every time she saw how Shiro protected his twin. Even though he had joined the harem with Shira there was still hesitation in his actions towards the others.

But weren’t they all supposed to be mates and lovers together?

The thought made her both flush and sigh at the same time. Why was it that she didn’t feel like she was one of his loves then? At this point the twins have a better chance than me… Talk about being mopey. Elthia shook her head. This was a much better time to make up some herbal remedies. She much preferred keeping her paws busy than her mind wandering.

Sighing himself, Shiro watched as Shira went to teasingly play in the waters. Something about his sister definitely was out there…a faint smirk crossed his maw at the thought of their rampaging days in the pirate lands. Where ever their brother had went he hoped him the best, but he couldn’t help wondering exactly what the other triplet would think of this situation.

I joined a harem because I couldn’t afford to leave our sister alone. It was the same as why they had been separated in the first place. Wandering paws, but split spirits…was this life truly worth the trade? As carefree as it may seem, Shiro knew better. Once his twin and he both left these borders to go thieving then their natures changed. He felt like he was living in a dreamland at times and then other times sharp reality would kick in.

But what was his reality?

Really was there anything other than Shira holding him here? He truly didn’t know. Another sigh escaped the lion as he moved forward through the tall grasses. Whatever trouble Shira was going to get into he just didn’t have the heart for it today. At this point he trusted that surely she knew how to take care of herself. Any other pride though may have hung her for such mischievousness by now.

His mind heavy and disconnected the lion continued to take a step forward until a darting blue figure moved into his way.

“Don’t do it, please!” The protest was soft as it was polite. Elthia’s heart was racing as her gaze slowly rose to meet Shiro’s, “These…are good flowers for a remedy. I didn’t want to lose them.” She swallowed before taking a step back, “I didn’t mean to yell…”

Elthia…Shiro smiled as he looked at the delicate lioness. There was something about her that was just heart-warming to see. Ever since he had arrived with his twin the healer had made certain to tend to his wounds and to help him out with medicines. He actually had been rather beaten up when they arrived and her gentle, persistent care had easily gotten him back up on his paws.

Still her shocked nature made him chuckle, “Don’t worry. If that was yelling then I’m afraid of what I sound like now.” He couldn’t help teasing her as she flushed brightly, “So are those what you’re wanting?”

Seeing Shiro nod towards the delicate blue flowers the lioness nodded, “Yes…”

“Then let me help you.”

At his suggestion Elthia thought her heart would escape her chest. He’s a harem mate…I should be used to this…. By the gods what was wrong with her? Maybe she needed to make herself some sort of poultice!

“Just tell me how to do it.” Shiro broke through her thoughts as he moved on ahead to begin nosing through the grasses, “This okay?”

“Mmhmm.” Elthia agreed though her eyes were on that muscular body that was moving through the grasses in front of her. How he managed to be naturally that graceful was astounding. Her gaze gleamed in interest as he continued to look through the grasses until finally the lion looked up towards her.

“Are you just going to watch?” For a brief moment Shiro was just like his twin with a flirty smirk on his face, “I know it’s a good view, but I don’t know how well that’ll do for your potions. If you wanted a show you should have asked for that instead of flowers~ I’m good for any moonlight previews…”

Elthia felt like her face was going to melt off, “I’m fine!” She snapped before darting forward to grab some of the flowers he had picked, “Thanks so much…these definitely should do!” Why was it that anyone else could flirt with her and she’d just be a bit embarrassed but something about this lion made her so spazzy? It just wasn’t normal for that lion who was normally so distant to say such things!

I don’t think my heart can take much more of this!

“You’re welcome?” Shiro blinked as the figure next to him darted off into the distance. How the petite lioness managed to disappear so quickly all the time was a mystery to him. Yet even as he seemed confused a smile crossed his features, “Maybe I teased her too much?” Those reactions, however, were just priceless.

Maybe he wasn’t so different from his own blood after all?

Probably not. It really was just too much fun to tease and play around. At least with Elthia that was. For the first time since losing their triplet a small hum escaped Shiro as he walked. Surprisingly it was rather happy and oriented towards a certain petite, blue lioness…

(1077)