[PLOT - PRP] A Face of the Past [Twinkleshine x Noteworthy]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:37 am
User ImageWalking through the tree, a couple of linens in hand, Twinkleshine couldn't help but think about how strange it all seemed. To be back here, to have residence in her alcove once more... What a strange and distant concept it had seemed not two seasons ago.

Yet, here she was.

The fauness had taken to helping care for the injured and sick with the other healers, her own abilities quite useful in the endeavor. It kept her mind in the present, away from dwelling on what had been and what could have been; what she had hoped would be. Here was where she was needed. Right here, in the tree with the faun and fauny alike. The community had helped support her when she had needed it, so it was time she gave back to it even more.

Still, she missed her family and her ma... ex... dearly. Where had they gone, what were they doing? Oh great Celestia she wish she knew!

Sometimes, she even wished she'd never come back.

Everything was the same in appearance, yet had changed completely. She'd been aware of some differences when she visited, but had no understanding of their extent until she remained within the walls. It was a little sad to think of how much time had passed here without her, but she had to remain strong, remain smiling and optimistic, else she fall into despair. If she could just continue this great act, her master performance of a self without concern or regret, surely she would come to believe such a facade to be real in time.

After all, in a distant past, she was to become the greatest actor in all of Equestria.

And so she continued down the corridor, a soft and cheerful smile on her face and a skip in her step, greeting the day with hellos to each and everyfaun about her on the way to the infirmary.

Shicala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:27 am
Noteworthy hadn't yet found his niche in this whole world. Sure he'd make some friends of sorts, but he'd not found his place just yet. He had an alcove here in the tree and he loved to just roam and explore the Tree. This wasn't like Equestria at all, there was still so much new stuff to discover. Leaning on a banister overlooking the center of the Tree he heard her skipping hooves before he saw her. He looks up as he heard her greet someone near them both. "Hi" he greeted her as she grew close before she greeting him.

Daisicle

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:42 pm
Twinkleshine didn't quite skid to a stop as she moved to pass the fauny beside her, but she certainly came close to doing so. She took two steps backwards. "Note...worthy... Was it? Is that you?" she tilted her head, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly as she tried to remember. It had been such a long time since she'd seen the other fauny, and they had ever been particularly close to begin with.

Shicala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:07 pm
He stood up more as she backstepped and greeted him. "The one and only" he replies with a bit of a nod. "Twinkle right?" he too wanted to confirm who she was. Note turned and leaned against the banister casually. If he recalled rightly when he first met her she'd been younger, but then perhaps he could be wrong, but he couldn't remember at the moment. "Are you well today?" he asked with a smile, her energy was a bit hard to not pick up on and make one smile.

Daisicle

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:34 pm
Twinkleshine was glad to have at least remembered his name, though Celestia help her she couldn't remember where or when they'd actually met. Perhaps when they were children...?

Who was well in recent history in this place, she thought to herself, verbalizing instead, "Yes, quite well in fact! I'm heading to the infirmary with some fresh linens in fact. How have you been?" She'd ask him how the tree was treating him, but they'd already been there for many, many seasons at this point. Enough time that there were adult fauny who had never set eyes on Equestria. They were hardly guests here anymore.

Shicala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:33 pm
"Good to hear, I'm doing decent too... To the infirmary? Do you need some help?" He figured he could see some place new in this possible endevour of walking with her. He pushed away from the banister offering to help with her cargo. "I haven't seen you around as much lately, did you take a trip?" He contemplated the idea of a trip, away from Laisidhiel see more of this island and maybe find someplace that was more... him.

Daisicle

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:37 pm
"I should be fine..." the fauny started, pausing as he moved over and closer to offer a hand. Oh, well, why not? "...but if you insist..." she laughed lightly before handing about half of her pile over to him. At that, she nodded once before continuing walking forward, hardly pausing to make sure he was nearby.

"Is that so...? I've been around much, much more lately than I ever used to be. I even lived outside of the tree for... how many seasons was it...?" She laughed lightly and shrugged. "I only came back after I learned of the attack on Laisidhiel; I felt her pain and returned home, where I was needed." Even now, she felt a residual pain from that decision, somewhere deep in her heart. It had been a mutual decision, one best for them both given the circumstances...

However, sometimes she couldn't help but wonder if their actions were really best thing for her community and for her and her family.

Shicala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:35 am
Noteworthy took the linens that she handed him and followed after her soon catching up and keeping pace "Thats what I meant, in Laisidhiel I knew I saw you come here, just didn't see you in the Tree for a while. Did you go exploring?" there was a hint of excitement in his voice when he asked her about exploring. He'd still not ventured far from the Tree especially after the attack and wanted yet to see more of the island they all called home now.

Daisicle

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:33 pm
Twinkleshing laughed lightly as she shifted the linens in her hand and gave him a shrug. "I... guess you could say that. I lived on the lakeside for many, many seasons and got to meet a lot of pae from outside the tree. Had a few foals with one of them, even." Again she shrugged, trying not to get too down thinking about the circumstances. Hopefully Flutterby and Sealight would visit, unlike Sparrow.

Whatever had happened to her little bird?

"There are a lot of interesting things out there, but it can also be a bit dangerous."

Turning the question to him... "How have you fit in here? What are you doing?"

Shicaa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:54 pm
Noteworthy walked alongside of her listening to her story about her own adventures, she seemed too 'innocent' to be a mother already but then in this world having foals at a young age may be completely normal. But even then equestria was definitely more 'innocent' then this land.

He looked towards the nearest window dangerous, maybe it's better even that he didn't do a lot of exploring then.

He sighed slightly "I haven't quite found my niche here, I hope to eventually, you know... a filly... some foals of my own. For now I'm just goin from day to day and staying content"

Daisicle

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:52 am
It was safe to say that Twinkleshine had lost much of her childlike innocence the moment she decided to leave her family and Equestria. Things had been so simple there. Here, she'd fallen in love, experienced many conflicts, done so much more and met so many different than herself. Perhaps it made her life richer, but it also had made it more painful.

Returning to her roots, back to her company and the tree, was probably best. It was best.

"That sounds like a good way to think about things: just one hoof at a time. I'm sure some day you'll meet the right filly for you. Who knows, maybe you've already met her and you just don't know it yet. How romantic that would be!" She laughed lightly, earnestly. "And about fitting in... Why not find something you enjoy doing, or maybe something that aligns with your power - do you have one of those yet? That's why I help with the healing, cause I've got a healing ability now."

Shicala

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:01 pm
Note chuckled as well, "It would be romantic, but honestly if it hasn't happened by now, who's to say it's going to happen any time soon. As for a power, I haven't discovered anything new that I can do. That's not to say that I have put a lot of effort into it either though, I'm not really sure where to start."

They were soon approaching the infirmary and when they arrived he pulled the door open for her. "After you" he motions to her.

Daisicle

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:34 pm
Twinkleshine shrugged, only commenting, "Who knows? Doesn't it make you feel a bit better to be hopeful about it though? There's already so much negativity here and everywhere - everypony seems so down these days - that you gotta just keep hoping for the best." She smiled lightly. "That's what I think, anyways. Take it for what it's worth."

She paused. "I think you can get a power when you swore loyalty to the tree. I know Princess Celestia has done it; that's why I did it too. You go through a special kind of ceremony and they tell you what you're supposed to do, then this little ball of light shows up and eventually he becomes a mellon - which is a special kind of fairy - and he teaches you how to use your power." another pause followed by a somewhat sheepish grin. "That's what happened for me anyways."

"Oh, thanks!"

Walking on in, she looked around to the other healers and waited for their nonverbal cue before nodding back and smiling. Looking back to Noteworthy, the motioned to a nearby cabinet. "You can set those there."

Shicala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:44 am
Note set the pile down and then stepped back, "I guess I'll have to look into that then." He looked around, he never really enjoyed hospitals or doctors offices and this was no real difference. "I should let you get to whatever you need to do here" he smiled "Perhaps we can get together for a drink at the tavern sometime."

Daisicle

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:13 am
Twinkleshine walked over to set her own bundle of blankets right on top of his. Smiling, she looked up to him and clapped her hands together lightly. "Thank you so much for helping out with that!" her tone was slightly hushed out of consideration for the patents inside.

"A drink? Sure, I'd love to!" Seemed like the perfect way to ease back into the normal workings of faun society. She didn't like to admit it, but she knew she had become a bit of a recluse since she got back. It was so different than she remembered it, and it had become increasingly difficult to express herself without judgement. She was capable enough at walking that fine line and acting aloof, but that could be fairly mentally straining. "Just drop by sometime or leave me a note, okay?"

"See you around!"

Shicala
We can end it at that or you can have one more post if you'd like :3

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas