Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]
[PRP] For the First Time in Forever (Vera x Jaldi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:04 pm
User Image Vera padded through the freshly fallen snow on her way from her den to the ledge that overlooked the shortest distance from the lake that surrounded their island to the shore beyond. The ice was solidifying once again, making it safe to travel to the mainland in any direction. The shortest path was still a favorite of those pride members that visited the other side of the lake for supplies and Vera, since she was little, had always enjoyed watching them make their journey to the snow-less lands. She had never gone off their island and didn't plan to.

Recently, however, she had met a passing leopard who was curious enough to come visit. She didn't expect Rion to stay for very long now that the winter was returning - not that it ever really left, but it did lessen in its intensity during the 'summer' - and she couldn't blame him. Still, it was exciting to hear about far off lands and his adventures traveling around.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:47 pm
User Image
Jalidi loved his icy home, he really did. He had been raised with love by his mother and father, and he was a soft hearted guy as a result. Nothing really bothered him, and he never went wanting for anything. Still, despite how perfect life seemed, there was still something pulling at him.

He just wasn't sure what it was.

One of his favorite activities, to fill the idle time that he sometimes found on his paws, was to sit on his haunches on the ice of the lake and pull himself along with his front paws. Once he got enough of a skid going, he could go sailing across the ice without having to propel himself, and he liked to see how far he could slide. Every time he tried, he set out to beat his last record.

He did not see his sister poking out of her den just yet, thinking he was alone enough for no one to see or try to embarrass him about his chosen fun.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:26 pm
Vera settled into the snow to watch the antics of those on the ice and didn't notice her brother was among them for a few minutes. It wasn't until he started to scoot rather than walk that he caught her attention and she covered her mouth with a paw to try to stifle her laughter. It was a hard fight, but in the end she lost completely.

"Jaldi, what are you doing?" she asked, the laugh still in her voice as she stood to move down to the ice. Sliding around on the frozen lake had been something she and her siblings had done when they were young but this was the first time she had seen any of them continuing the fun.

"You look like a cub," she added with a fond smile.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:08 pm
SilverLutz

Jalidi nearly jumped out of his fur when she called to him, looking around wildly until he spotted his sister trotting toward him. He squinted at her as if she were making something up, and her crazy ideas were clearly not what she thought they were because come on, he wasn't doing anything weird.

He cleared his throat to stifle a cough, brought on by nearly choking on his surprised yelp.

"What are you talking about? I... I just slipped, was all, and tried to... well, it's not like I ahve to explain myself! Uh. Listen, don't tell anyone, okay? It's not really a prince thing to do, right? Not that... I was doing anything."

He blinked, thinking his story was probably covered, then tilted his head at her.

"What are you up to, anyway?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:14 am
Vera smiled fondly at her brother as he tried to talk his way out of his antics, but she wasn't buying it. She certainly wasn't going to hold it against him, either, though. That wasn't her style.

"Oh, not much. I was watching the ice to see what everyone was up to when you caught my eye," she admitted with a light laugh. "You were far more entertaining to watch. I was hoping to catch a leopard that's staying for a short time here to see how we live. He's a rogue and has such wonderful stories about his life and the things he's done out there...it's like a never ending bedtime story.

"I get the feeling he'll be leaving soon," she added, her face falling just a bit. "It's starting to get into the start of the snowy season and while he's held up all right, I doubt he's acclimated to how strong the weather can get here."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:18 am
SilverLutz

Jalidi huffed and looked down at his paws. Of course, being caught in his silly games would probably not make him stop. It was just a fun little thing he did when he was bored, and he did it since he was a cub.

He had plenty of other weird little quirks like that, too.

"A rogue? From outside the valley? Eh..."

He looked out toward the mountain that surrounded them, having never been to the other side before. He frowned thoughtfully, but shook his head, thinking it was probably not that great out there. After all, he had a good thing going here. It wasn't perfect, but what was?

"I... i'm sure it gets cold out there, too," he said thoughtfully, with a shrug to hide just how confused he was about it. It was hard to imagine things were that different, after all, and he had no real bar set besides the one from living here.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:59 am
Vera followed Jalidi's eyes to the mountains and for a moment wondered what was beyond them. Rion had told her how hot it would get, but that there were very diverse places beyond what she could see. Jungles, oceans, deserts, plains...she wasn't quite sure what a desert was beyond it being like hot snow, but the images she painted in her mind were quite fantastic.

"He said there's other prides that live in the snow," she said excitedly, turning to her brother. "That we're not the only ones! Although he did say how strange it is for this place to always have snow...the other prides live up in mountains, very tall ones." She did love her home but had never really thought about what might be outside. The fact that there were other creatures that chose to live in places like this made her excited. She wondered if their lands were cursed as well or if it was just a natural thing.

"I think I'd go exploring if I wasn't so afraid," she admitted quietly. "It sounds like an adventure out there. But..." She was about as homebody-y as they came. Shaking her head, she moved over to nudge Jalidi's side. "What about you?"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:52 pm
SilverLutz

Jalidi looked sideways at his sister, frowning at the idea that there were... not snow... things. Hot snow? That did not even make sense! He was incredibly under educated about the world around them. Probably because when he was a cub he had a habit of wandering off to go play in a snow drift whenever his mother was trying to teach them about how good it was to go in the rogue lands.

She believed in bringing others back, in exploring and learning and making friends and connections on the outside of this mountain. Jalidi... did not really put much into the idea.

"Hot snow sounds awful," he huffed, wrinkling his nose. Though, her enthusiasm for it was interesting, and he felt a strange pull in his chest. A pause in his rush to judge it all as pointless.

He frowned, confused.

"Adventure? Well, I guess it might be... I mean, I don't even know how to imagine what might be out there, you know? I've never seen it and I don't really... talk to anyone that has. I don't know... maybe it would be kind of good to get a little change... or something new... but... I'm kind of..."

Scared to leave. Not that he could get those words to come out.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:31 pm
Vera waited as Jalidi trailed off, but when no answer came she simply nodded. They had grown up with a kind mother and a clumsy father, but both of whom had snowy pelts. Here in the pride snowy pelts were looked down on by some and Vera assumed that was what it was like elsewhere, too. At least here she had the protection of being a princess to save her from too much ridicule. Out there...anyone could do anything to her and she'd have no way to stop them.

"It's scary," she finished for her brother finally. "But...it makes me wonder if it's worth being scared to go see. Just a peek over the mountains wouldn't hurt. And mother is always telling us to explore now that we're old enough to."

She had no wanderlust in her whatsoever, the stories she heard satisfied her curiosity. But there was some air about Jalidi that begged to be pushed out of his comfort zone.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:34 pm
SilverLutz

Jalidi frowned at her thoughtfully, then looked up toward the mountains in the distance. What was out there? He supposed he just assumed it was all just more snow, though he knew for a fact that it was not. The rogue visitors and those from other lands that now lived here would not lie about that.

Why would they? And if they were, how did so many of them coordinate such a big lie? That seemed a bit too far fetched.

"Well... maybe... maybe there's something out there worth seeing. I don't know. Do you think it would be a good idea? I mean, for either of us. Like... if I went out there... I would just get lost, you know, and I'm a Prince! Mom and Dad would not be very happy if we got in trouble like that..."

His protests were weak, though. He was getting more and more interested in what might be out there.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:24 pm
The princess tilted her head a bit as Jalidi came up with a few (reasonable in her mind) excuses not to go. Who was he trying to convince, though? Himself? It wasn't as if she was bounding off into the unknown. As she put two and two together her eyes lit up a bit and she moved towards her brother, slipping a little on the ice.

"Oh, you should go, Jalidi! Maybe Ezen could go with you, he'd make sure you didn't get lost." The large lion had kept an eye on them as cubs and he had a fondness for them that was rare, even though they were half their father in blood and appearance. He tolerated Tikhan now, but he still preferred the queen, of course.

"Or perhaps find a bird to take as a familiar and a guide. Or just never turn from the sun, always walk with it behind you in the morning and before you in the evening, and when you've seen enough just turn around. You could see wonderful things and then come back and tell me all about them!"

In the end she convinced her brother to not let his worries hold him back. She had confidence he'd go out and come back in one piece with lots of stories to share. She just hoped some day that she'd have the courage to do the same.  
[IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games