Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexCorp CEO
Vice Captain

Wealthy Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:57 pm
Howdy folks,

So I've been talking to a few people that have been throwing around the idea of launching a podcast. Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing? Either as a cast member or a guest?

I was thinking of topics of:
gaia comic book rping, comics, tv shows, video games, and all matter of things nerdy or geek like.

Similar to the format of how David Letterman did his shows on NBC(Yes Letterman was on NBC at one point) and CBS. But completely uncensored (use of curse words). Or even like how Galaxy News Radio w/Three Dog is in the game Fallout 3.

I'm trying to figure out how many people would actually be interested in this sort of thing. Maybe if there is enough interest I'll buy the hardware like microphones etc, and launch the darn thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:21 pm
LexCorp CEO
Howdy folks,

So I've been talking to a few people that have been throwing around the idea of launching a podcast. Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing? Either as a cast member or a guest?

I was thinking of topics of:
gaia comic book rping, comics, tv shows, video games, and all matter of things nerdy or geek like.

Similar to the format of how David Letterman did his shows on NBC(Yes Letterman was on NBC at one point) and CBS. But completely uncensored (use of curse words). Or even like how Galaxy News Radio w/Three Dog is in the game Fallout 3.

I'm trying to figure out how many people would actually be interested in this sort of thing. Maybe if there is enough interest I'll buy the hardware like microphones etc, and launch the darn thing.

Granted that a lot of people are in this guild because they enjoy comics, I don't see why not. It could almost be like a guild podcast, a weekly or monthly one! It would be interesting to say the least, I would listen to it. Perhaps it could be a podcast amongst yourself and the more active members of this guild? Now, you know me better than most - there better be plenty of mention of Harrison/Eobard/Professor Zoom wink

Best of luck to you though - shoot for the stars and go for it!  

Harrison Wells

Archon Thorne
Captain

Distinct Member

4,675 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:02 pm
I'm down for it. I'd love to be part of a good podcast for comic books. It'd be good to get some open discussion going and I think it would build stronger bonds in the community.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:04 pm
Depends to be honest, sounds kind of fun. I'd be interested in chatting it up with people.  

Earth-616

Hilarious Seeker

LexCorp CEO
Vice Captain

Wealthy Businessman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:57 pm
Harrison Wells

Bang Baby Static

Archon Thorne

If I don't do a cast, what I might do is at least, do a big huge giant skype conference call that is once a week that is done in a talk show format covering various topics, unscripted that and a few others will host. Or use GoToMeeting, and do the same thing and use video calling.

The trouble with a cast is the editing part which can be tedious and time consuming, which time is commodity in short supply for me at least. Or maybe I don't edit and just publish it anyway?

Either way, the goal is bring the community closer together, organized, and informed. Sure we've tried that with video games, but people don't have excess to a certain gaming platform. With GoToMeeting, or Skype we can get alot more people involved because, just about everyone using gaia has a computer or smart phone. And at least Skype you can use on both.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:11 pm
LexCorp CEO
Harrison Wells

Bang Baby Static

Archon Thorne

If I don't do a cast, what I might do is at least, do a big huge giant skype conference call that is once a week that is done in a talk show format covering various topics, unscripted that and a few others will host. Or use GoToMeeting, and do the same thing and use video calling.

The trouble with a cast is the editing part which can be tedious and time consuming, which time is commodity in short supply for me at least. Or maybe I don't edit and just publish it anyway?

Either way, the goal is bring the community closer together, organized, and informed. Sure we've tried that with video games, but people don't have excess to a certain gaming platform. With GoToMeeting, or Skype we can get alot more people involved because, just about everyone using gaia has a computer or smart phone. And at least Skype you can use on both.
you already know im down bruv  

GL_drake rayner

CHATTERBOX

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces