Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Catching up with a folk. Just one. (Selene x Safi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:29 pm
User Image Selene's breath huffed on the air as she tromped her way over hill and dale with the intent to find someone to talk to who wasn't one of the grumpy old farts that seemed to be suffocating Citlalli's teepee. An old friend? Family? Rahu? She'd take Calamity at this point, or... anyone. She had some preferences on who she would like to meet to be certain, but not all dreams came true.

There were so many Soquili around now, and it seemed like it had been forever since she had met Acionna and brought the mare to live with them. Most days for Selene it felt as though her social circles were shrinking like they were flutters themselves, and that was simply unacceptable! She might be old, but she was no fogey.

Or maybe she was actually ancient and was trying to convince herself she was still hip and relevant. Was that even a thing? Could she be having a crisis? How usual was that? Bounding over a small log, Selene was pleased to note she didn't trip. Much. Grace was something she would have to become more accustomed to if she were to be out and about again. being social. making friends. Not being a lonely, crazy mare in an assisted-living teepee. Not that she was lonely, or crazy. She had to give herself that mental disclaimer. Then again, she was giving herself the mental disclaimer, which- No. She really wasn't going to get into the semantics of if she were going insane today, most especially not with herself!

Pausing mid-mental debate, the 'fluttercorn' blinked around the area where she had found herself. She knew this place. Very well, if she thought back that far. It was one of the places she frequented as a foal. Her wild, younger years. Like, yesterday. Because she wasn't old, or a fogey. She could remember lots of laughter in this place, and sunlight. She could remember her adopted family, she could remember her friends. She had developed her first crush in a place like this- and how embarrassing to remember it now. But she'd matured, and gotten over herself, and realized what she felt was something gentler than passion.

And that was a relief, so day the least. After all, she had children now, and had grown so much from all the things she had learned, however rough the learning. Though the learning hadn't helped her social skills at all, considering she was still talking to herself and not to an old friend or a total stranger! Bending down, she nipped at a dying flower, pulling it up easily and considering as she chewed. Did anyone she knew live in the area? Visit the area? Should she introduce herself to the neighbors? Would that be too weird? Did she care if it were weird?

Cajmera
WOW it has been forever since I tried to RP anything. Have a weak start, I am sooo sorry.

RP'd Word Count: 472

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:11 pm
User Image

"We going anywhere in particular then, Boss?"

The bright, cheerful voice of Cerdi, his long-time and still devoted fox familiar, broke in on Safi's thoughts as the stallion and fox made their way along over the grassy hillsides. It was a beautiful day, the perfect sort of day for a meander, but Cerdi's question was more than legitimate. The bald facts of the matter were that Safi was simply not the walking type! Even when he was a foal, he'd shied away from much walking; he was incredibly slow when it came to traveling by foot, and easily bored by things like landscapes. If he needed to travel, he'd always preferred flight; his wings, unlike his his legs, had never failed him.

But once in a while, a whimsical mood would take safi, and he'd decide to do something different. Sometimes he'd bring Duo along, sometimes he'd go alone; today, Cerdi was his travel companion, and, like always, was enthusiastic about the idea. That said, Cerdi always liked knowing what was going on, thus the question.

"Honestly? We're just ambling for ambling's sake, Cerdi. Just...I don't know, just seeing what there is to see, I suppose." With a slight shrug of his shoulders, Safi returned Cerdi's engaging grin with one of his own. "I'd like to say we're checking for signs of Falarnon, but I know Vencel would have been through here a long time ago." Safi sighed, thinking of his two missing grandsons; he knew better than to worry about them, but he missed them both terribly and not knowing where either one of them was and when he might see them was, to put it mildly, distressing.

But he wasn't out here to be distressed; he'd had more than enough of THAT particular emotion over the past few months, what with that cad Aramis finally showing his true colors and breaking his poor daughter's heart, sending his grandsons into a upheaval and making Safi and Duo's home life very uncomfortable for a time. Saiena was doing better, fortunately, but it had been very unpleasant for a time.

Thus, the walk.

"Really, we're just walking for the sake of the walk. Maybe we'll find something interesting."

"Right-oh, Boss!" Grinning, Cerdi flicked his tail at his companion. "Shall I just run ahead and see what there is?" Without waiting for an answer, the blue fox took off, running on far ahead of Safi and disappearing over a hillside. With a chuckle, Safi followed after him, hoping that perhaps a small shred of Cerdi's energy would rub off on him. He would really like to have a good day...

~~~

Coming over another hilltop, Cerdi was racing nearly full speed when he burst up on Selene. Fortunately, he had a fox's agilty, and he was able to doge around the mare. "Aye, hellow there, Missy! Lovely day to be out and about, ain't it?"

Infinities

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm
Brisk, cool breeze flickered over her wings and mane, and she inhaled and released, still considering her options. Swallowed, grabbed another flower vigorously. she couldn't stay here all day waiting for adventure to come to her. She'd have to seek it eventually. Selene was always guilty of waiting, never being proactive in seeking her own fulfillment. And that- Was not going to change. Probably. At least, not today, because fate certainly was looking out for her! A blue-teal fox darted across her path, and she jerked to a quick halt, while he darted around her quickly. Whew! That could have been a poor collision for everyone involved. "Hello!" she said cheerfully, politely swallowing the flower in her mouth so she wouldn't be speaking with her mouth full.

Twisting her body so she could better examine the creature, she considered for a moment before asking, "Are you okay? That was a bit sudden- you didn't pull anything, did you?" that would certainly be fun to explain to whomever his partner might be. Oh, I was just clodhopping along with the gracelessness of a two-legger, and your familiar almost snapped its spine trying not to get kicked in the head. It'll be fine after a good dirt nap. "It is a lovely day! Not too cold yet, the sun is nice and shiny, I haven't been attached by any ravenous bears, and I've just encountered some company!"

Always on the positive side, Selene. Always.

The fox looked familiar- not like she thought she had met him before, but his coloring brought back fond memories of old friends. And she assumed the fox was male, but the sex of familiars was sometimes beyond her. She hadn't known Isis was a female for longer than she would care to admit because the Hawk was so... screechy. It was entirely possible that the poor soul she had almost brained was another such soul.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:07 pm
If Selene thought Cerdi looked familiar, it was a one-sided familiarity. Then again, he had come to Safi after Safi and Selene had fallen out of touch with one another, so it was hardly surprising Cerdi didn't know her. All that he saw when he looked at Selene was a pretty mare in a completely excellent shade of blue who was being rather nice and unnecessarily concerned about Cerdi's well-being. Not a bad start for a 'walking for the sake of walking' kind of day!

Grinning at the mare, Cerdi gave her a little bob of his head. "Oh, no worries 'ere, Missy; I'm a dexterous fella, that I am, and I was never in any danger from your 'ooves. Maybe if they were bigger, or I was a clumsy, clod-hopping wolf or something, eh?" Chuckling, he wove his way beneath Selene's ankles, demonstrating just how fluid a fox could be, In all his years, he'd never ONCE been stepped on, not even while wrangling a horde of kiddos.

He was pleased to hear she considered him 'company, and he brightened up at the thought. After all, if HE was company, then surely that meant the Boss would be company as well, and some bright conversation would do the Boss good. "Oh, indeed, indeed! Not many bears in these 'ere parts, not that I've seen, and company is good, when it's friendly. I hope you like company, Missy, because the Boss ought to be coming along any time now, and I bet he'd love to visit for a bit." It was a habit of Cerdi's to refer to Safi as 'the Boss,' and the stallion had long since given up trying to break him of it.

For his own part, Safi had been ambling along at his own much-slower-than-a-fox pace, but Cerdi's slowing down had allowed the stallion to close the distance. As Cerdi and Selene spoke, Safi came ambling over the hill, smiling at the sight of both the fox and the mare. "Well, Cerdi, I see you've found-" he started to say in his jovial way to the fox before the mare's appearance truly registered: dark starry coat, long blue mane, irridescanct wings...she might not be facing him, but either he was losing it, or

"Selly?"

Infinities

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:51 pm
The small mare laughed, watching the fox weave in and around her ankles. "Not all wolves are clumsy clod-hoppers. But I suppose you have a point. Still, if you were a clod, it would have been very rude of me." Even her excellent shade of blue couldn't hide the embarrassment in her cheeks. But it was a valid point that no accident had happened and he had never been in any danger. She would surely recover soon.

One ear lay flat at the thought of actually running into a Bear. One of the wild ones, that liked to come across her when she was little and try and eat her, or worse yet, one day it wouldn't be a real bear, and she'd find herself being chased by a Skinwalker. The thought made her shudder, a thin, violent shiver twitching over her hide. The thought of her life ending so morbidly was most unpleasant and unbecoming of what was shaping up to be a lovely day.

So she would think about more pleasant things! Like company! "I don't like company- I love company. I was actually wandering these parts out of a need for some." She tossed her bright mane, eyes light. "The Boss, hmm?" With a name like Boss, she could only imagine what the other Soquili- a 'he' by the sound of things- was like. 'Boss'. Maybe stiff and slightly stern? No, not with such a friendly fellow as this one. "So tell me, who is your-"

"Selly?"

The voice was familiar, and Selene paused mid-sentence and blinked stupidly down at the fox, before her head whipped up and she spun practically on one hoof (hopefully once again missing the quick-reflexed fox) to stare at the stallion. "Safi!" Her voice rose, delighted, and she scampered forward on light feet. "It's been so long! How are you?!"

Cajmera

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff