Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[PRP] Still the Same Thoughts (Adrastos x Mpapuro)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Adrastos grew up with the manta 'girls are weird'. His few interactions with other cubs growing up planted that in his head, and then stuck growing up with his sisters cemented that thought deep in his head. Perhaps it was because he wasn't the sharpest claw, nor the most social, but he really didn't know how to handle them. Was it them, or him? A question still unanswered.

"Ugh." Exhausted from his training session, Adrastos decided that a break at the watering hole was well deserved. If he could even get there. He could see it, he was only like 50 yards away from it and yet....it was impossible to get there. "This is pathetic," he muttered to himself, each step painfully slow as if he was an old, old lion. "Not sure how I'm going to protect anything when I only ever feel as if I'm going to fall apart at any moment."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 am
User Image

Not too much had happened to Mpapuro since she'd joined the gathering of Seers. No one had seen any proof since then that there was any danger to the pride, even if they insisted on creating a group of warriors to protect the Pridelands. Frankly, the yellow lioness thought that the mass of bodies she'd seen was just the inevitable result of attempting to teach a group of lions how to fight.

She'd wandered by some of the training. The only difference between it and some of the things cubs got up to was the size of the lions involved. Which made it pretty hilarious and adorable. It wasn't often adults got to act like their kids!

Now she was idly wandering away from the watering hole. Coming towards her was a white and vaguely familiar lion (though really, it was a pride, who didn't look vaguely familiar?) whose coating of dust made it clear he'd had a rough day.

"Took a dust nap, did you?" she greeting him as he came closer, each step an act of exaggerated exhaustion.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:31 am
Adrastos scowled. He vaugely recognized her, as well, though her yellow body and blue stripes highlighted who her family was. He should be nice, but....but...

"Yes. A superbly fantastic one where I was continuously shoved into the ground," he said sarcastically. He was putting his faith into the idea that this training was actually making him stronger, and not weaker like he felt at this moment.

He took a moment to look down at himself, and it was clear that he wasn't as white as his coat should be. He was looking a bit...beige.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:37 am
Mpapuro chuckled a bit. Oh sure, she knew that he was being sarcastic, but it was genuinely funny. At least from her perspective. In fact...

"So just a few more rounds like that and you'll look like a real Pridelander!" she exclaimed. Of course even the lioness was too yellow to fit her own definition, but the effect of a bit of dust was far more pronounced on the male's white coat than it would be on hers.

Not to mention that he had almost certainly volunteered for whatever he was doing, whereas she was perfectly happy to be one of the innumerable hunters that fed the pride.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:55 am
Adrastos cringed. "I guess. If I survive a few more rounds." He really didn't want to do more training, but a small part of him did. Besides, he wasn't the type to just quit, so this was his new reality. Urg.

Speaking of... "Er, would you mind helping me a bit to the watering hole? I know its right there, but I dread I may trip over my own paws like some bumbling cub before I even get there." He sort of hated asking for help, especially one who was teasing him for even going through the training, but the last thing he needed was to fall flat on his nose and knock himself out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:59 am
The female blinked in surprise. She honestly hadn't expected him to ask for her help. Most males, brother included, seemed to want no help whatsoever, especially from a lioness. Unless of course said lioness was involved in whatever they were doing from the start.

Instead of responding right away, Mpapuro turned to examine the distance between the lion and the water. And the lay of the land. Then she turned a mischevious grin on him.

"Well, it looks like the water's downhill from here. So if you tripped in the right way, you'd probably just roll all the way down. And get dusty enough to be a proper gold!"

Nope, she wasn't going to let that one lie just yet.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:29 am
"W-wha...?" No, he wasn't really expecting her to help a lot, but it was right there. She wasn't willing to walk those few several steps? Now he was wondering if there was even a point to defending these damn lands, getting his a** kicked every training session...maybe he would just give up, damn.

"Damn, that's harsh. I used to think girls were weird, but maybe its more than that." Maybe they were just mean when they got older? He wasn't quite as close now with his sisters since they'd all grown and had their own lives to lead, so maybe...

Hmmmm.

"Sounds like I'd get a bath before reaching that proper gold, anyhow."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:33 am
"True, it would only last for a few moments before it all got washed off," the lioness sighed in seeming disappointment. She was very strongly tempted to proceed with the course she'd outlined and send the lion rolling down into the water. But however much fun she had teading him, it would be cruel to actually physically push him.

Besides, he did look pooped. And even as a Huntress she didn't care to take advantage of those who were already suffering. No matter what she might imply to the contrary.

"Oh, very well then." Moving swiftly, the yellow female strode over and positioned herself next to the lion to help take his weight. "Let's get you to the water and maybe we'll even clean you off. Sadly." She couldn't resist another jab about how his pale coat was not traditional for the Pridelands. Of course, the same could be said about hers, not that she'd even try to deny it.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:41 am
That went...better than he thought? He actually was nervous that she'd give him just enough of a shove for him to lose his balance and he'd tumble down into the water. Which would hurt, but the water would feel nice...but then he'd probably startle anyone else that was currently at the watering hole, and that would complicate everything.

He was not able to hide a look of surprise on his face, but he was very thankful. "Er, thanks. Maybe you can trip me down the incline one day, but I think I'd hurt myself a bit too much if you did that right now."

He tried to not put too much of his weight on her, but at least now he could focus on recovering from today's training and actually get stronger.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 am
"Oh, I'll do that one day," the lioness replied cheerfully. "I don't know how much it'll hurt then, but we can worry about it when it happens."

She was somewhat surprised by how much weight he was silently asking her to support, but she supposed he must have been almost as tired as he made it seem. Huh. That was an awful lot of work he was putting in. Not that she felt anyone would want to attack the Pridelands. Well, except maybe for those hyenas, but the yellow lioness had considered that affair over and done with long ago.

Regardless, she'd just have to come up with new ways to tease their new Soldiers, and she was sure this lion would (unknowingly) help her a great deal.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:49 am
Adrastos winced, only hoping she was joking about the 'one day' she was talking about. He was sort of being nice, but the way he said it made him think it was actually going to happen....little did he know what she knew!

"Well, we'll see," was all he said, and thankfully they made it to the watering hole with no other trouble. Now it was time for a good rest.

-fin-

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff