[PRP] Song for You

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. This festival had already given so much life back to Roses in Bloom. She found herself reinvigorated- ready to set hoof into the world once more. Beyond the towering obelisks and nightmares were so many things she had yet to see- so many kin not yet met, so many things not yet learned. How she had been afraid of this world, Rose could not say. Now, it seemed her foalhood self was little more than a distant dream.

Fueled by this as she was, it surprised Rose herself when she stepped on stage to meet the demand for a song to be sung. She drew several deep breaths, trying to steady her uneasy nerves. While she sung often, it was for her own family, her children. They were not the sort of kin to be repulsed by a song. Whether or not she was actually good... well. That was to be determined. But there was no time like the present to figure that out.

With only a slight tremor to her voice, Roses in Bloom began to sing. She closed her eyes, and poured her heart into the lyrics- a story of love, of loss, and of hope. Perhaps, maybe, the crowd would find it pleasing.

And perhaps... she would not die of fright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Half Truth was enjoying this party. It had been a lot of fun. Strange and unusual fun, perhaps, but fun in copious quantities. The food was nothing to sniff at, either. It was wonderful, getting together with a large group like this- always the extrovert, Half Truth was more than thrilled to meet so many kin. But this time, she wasn't on the prowl for a fling or a hookup; no, this time she'd brought her family to a gathering. That was weird for her- she hadn't grown up much in the family way, and yet here she was with a kid- and a girlfriend, one she actually really liked. A lot. She was so pleased that Roses in Bloom seemed to be enjoying the party as well- she'd even gotten up the nerve to sing, which was going to be a treat. The green kimeti found herself a place in the front of the audience. A little jostling and shouldering had been necessary, but it'd be worth it. Settling down, she gazed at her dearest one; her cyan stare settled softly on her lady love.

She couldn't wait to hear her sing.

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:11 am
(( My god they are SO GAY ))

Rose had started into her song, which was the recollection of a childhood story. Two does, both in love with the same buck- he was strong-headed and handsome, the head of his tribe. The sort of buck that everyone fell in love with. But more than love, he loved the idea of love- and was very much enamored with being loved. Rather than encourage both does, he tricked them into spiting one another. The song culminated with the does fighting by the moonlight, not stopping at bloodshed, but when they realized the buck was watching in the distance. At that, they turned on him, leaving the buck for dead and finding solace in each other.

It was... sort of a grim story, Rose realized as she finished the song. Opening her eyes once more, she found that the crowd seemed a great deal larger than it had when she had taken the stage. Her cheeks stained red and her ears drooped, at least until the applause started. She... she had actually done it. Laughing nervously to herself, Rose offered a bow to the assembled kin.

...Oh. Oh dear. Half Truth was there. Squeaking in embarrassment, Roses in Bloom trotted off the stage, ducking in-between the assembled kin (and murmuring her thank-you's where appropriate) to meet the other doe. She offered her a very nervous smile, not quite able to catch Half Truth's eye.

"I. I didn't realize you would be listening," she laughed, clearly overwhelmed by the entire experience. Just why had she done this again? Performing was for the young, and truly, she just wasn't cut out for this sort of thing. Perhaps next time, she'd stick to doling out food for the little ones.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:16 pm
It was a lovely song; a ballad, one of those supposedly tragic love ones. But the ending was good. Half Truth liked the part where the two does beat the tar out of the buck who'd done them wrong and spent the rest of their lives together. She didn't see much tragedy in that- he'd been a manipulative cuss who hadn't deserved either of them. Which- maybe hit a bit closer to home than she'd like. While obviously she identified with the does in the song, there was something to be said about the spoils of being a manipulative cuss. She'd done some shady things in the past- a little lie here, another little lie there- but while she'd never done anything so outright awful, there were still probably some apologies she owed somewhere. She wondered if any of them even thought about her anymore. She somewhat doubted they did. It wasn't often that she thought about them- their lives had only touched briefly, a week or two at the outside. A little unkind, perhaps, but she'd never planned on anything long term with any of her past affairs; at least she could say she'd never made any promises.

It was a part of her Rose didn't know, and a part of her she really considered dead. She wasn't the same person now that she'd been in the past; she was actively trying to be better, and as far as she was concerned, that was what counted.

"That was lovely," she said, nuzzling Rose's cheek. "You're a doe of many talents, Rose- the entire audience was completely enthralled. Of course, none of 'em were as enthralled as me." She nuzzled her again, pulling her closer and squeezing her chin against her neck.

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:34 pm
The older doe laughed in delight, nuzzling Half Truth back with equal affection. Once upon a time, this may have embarrassed her- Rose would've convinced herself she was entirely undeserving of such a thing. But now, she welcomed it whole-heartedly. This festival was everything Rose had needed. A chance to live in delight, to stop worrying about the fearful foal she'd been in the past.

"I'm just glad you were," she laughed softly, pulling back and regarding Half Truth entirely. "Admittedly, you're to thank for a great deal of this, if not all of it. Things haven't been the same since I met you." She pawed at the ground nervously, pushing some dirt around, and smiled.

"I... I'm sure I've told you, how depressed and lonely I was. Being left alone. I think... you helped me learn to love again. But not just you!" Rose clarified, realizing how horrifically needy she sounded.

"You let me realize how to love myself. I do believe that's something I've needed to learn for a very long time. So thank you."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:58 pm
Boy, the other doe had done a number on Roses. Half Truth looked into her eyes and smiled gently. "And I don't think I would have learned how to love somebody else if I hadn't met you. I'm not going anywhere. I promise. You know that, right?"

It seemed the right thing to say.

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:19 pm
"Perhaps we were meant to struggle, so we'd appreciate each other more," Roses replied. Her eyebrows suddenly raised, and she barked an embarrassed laugh.

"We've... both survived our own buck, I suppose. That song seems a bit too fitting now," she mused, before bumping Half Truth affectionately once more.

"..I'll admit, it is very nice to hear."

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff