Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:24 pm
Name: Behaelielana (more frequently "Lana") [ ba-HAY-lee-il-ana ]
Stage: Prentice
Race: Shifter/Leaf + Wind/Ice
3 Base Traits: Adventurous, introverted, emotional
Personality: Lana feels both sides to the coin. On one hand, her appearance allows her to wander through groups of people as a freak, but not a hybrid. She can be whatever she wants to be at any time so long as she styles her hair to hide her ears. It's empowering to know you can wander into any shop and be treated like any other customer when a more melanin-filled form might have been enough cause to be kicked out! On the other hand, she doesn't really fit in anywhere. She's part Shifter, but she can't shift. She's part Ice, but she's not blue. She's part Leaf, but the only connection she has to any of the peoples she meets is shallow. She has no one deep root in any culture or land and it can spark a bit of wanderlust. Lana wants to be a part of something just as much as she doesn't care what anyone thinks. Which emotion wins simply depends on the day. She loves her parents dearly, but sometimes wonders at how strong the bond truly is.

When it comes to other people, Lana has been met with enough adversity to be mostly self-sufficient. She doesn't go out of her way to try and make enemies into friends, and after so long of not caring it's actually become difficult to make friends. What happens if she meets someone, lies about her race, and then becomes good friends with them? Does she push them away just far enough to maintain the lie, or admit she lied and learn the consequences? As such, most deep conversations are held with her scorra, Imiss.

Lana is also prone to adventure, to exploring her curiosity to ends that get her into trouble and taking risks that others might not take. Life is one big, beautiful adventure in and of itself and life is so short that it must be experienced to its fullest. She allows herself to feel every emotion, to savor and study it, and does everything she chooses to with a fiery passion.
Description: [albino]
Hair: White, long and flowing, partially pinned back with a hair clip
Eyes: Pink with mauve pupils (OCA1) or pale transparent blue (OCA2)
Skin: Extremely fair
Gems: Completely transparent, like dew drops or bubbles
Build: Slim waist, but naturally curvy hips and breasts
Ears: Can be rounded, pointed, or some mix of the two. Artist's choice!
Clothing:
- A long flowing skirt, but beneath that a pair of leggings lest she decide to climb a tree.
- Bare feet, perhaps with a pair of "barefoot sandals".
- A hair clip of artist's choice.
- Generally feminine and flowing, but lacking anything too constricting unless it's to strap down the girls.
- Pierced ears and a dainty stud in one nostril

History: Her father, Iagn, was born and raised in Zidel in Zena where he was a common sort of mixed-race. Her mother, Yabetris, was born in Yera where she was less accepted as a child of a hybrid family but not particularly welcomed either. She trained her life in magic and then began her career as a traveling magical artifact seller, offering beads, spellbooks, and the occasional enchanted trinket to those she met. It was a broad Zena man who caught her eye, not a sorcerer but a soldier and, as it turned out, a hybrid as well.

Of course this couple was wary to start a family in a world where hybridism was only accepted in certain circles and was often met with scorn. They were willing to deal with the bigotry themselves, but what of their child? They had returned to Yabetris' hometown of yera when the hybrid fell pregnant, and poor Lana's parents fretted over what would be best for their child. They had decided that whomsoever the child took after the most, they would move to that race's particular homeland for some desperate attempt to fit in. Would it be Zena or Tale, or perhaps Jauhar? Then, of course, Lana was born, white as the moon, lacking in distinctive characteristics, so why move at all?! Their child was different than most, yes, but not discernibly mixed-race and so would doubtless receive a different kind of distaste from those around her.

Lana's childhood was a relatively happy one. Some of the other children her age were afraid of her or teased her, but she already stepped forward to try and prove that she could do anything they could do, just like her parents said. Of course her peers were not always welcoming even after the fact so Lana became quite good at entertaining herself and found her social life dwindling. She might be able to throw a ball as far as the others or run just as fast, but she was stil the odd one out, the freak, the weird girl. Her heart began to pull away from finding pleasure in others as she grew older, and so Lana began to find joy in life itself. Fruit was sweet and the jungle held so many treasures, so why worry about whether someone liked you or not?

In her adolescence, Lana also discovered that she could pass for nearly any race or hybrid mix when asked. It made things easier, and made every person a new possible friend or, more likely, friendly acquaintance. Real lasting friendships are rare, but Lana is pretty sure she doesn't need those anyway, especially growing up in a time of war.

Now that peace has come again and with both parents having survived battle, Lana is beginning to try and spread her roots around Tendaji. She knows there is so much more to see, and she is determined to get there, different than the others or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 am
grasshopper pie

Looks like a good start, just a few questions to start off with.

Her name might not fit onto the pet thumbnail, if it doesn't, would you be alright with using Lana instead?

Does she have any siblings? If not, why did her parents not have more?

She seems to wear a lot of flowing clothes but nothing really mentions any precautions she has to take to keep her skin safe. Does she wear very concealing clothing in order to keep from burning or damaging her skin? Does she take any other precaution to preserve her health?

What do you see Lana becoming as she grows? (class)

What made Lana start to pull away from the other children? It seems like she was trying to prove she could fit in but then stopped. Was there something significant that made her stop wanting to be friends with the others?  

kaname423
Crew

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:13 pm
kaname423

howareyousofast

I added some more info to her history but I figured I might as well answer questions directly too!

Her name might not fit onto the pet thumbnail, if it doesn't, would you be alright with using Lana instead?
Haha, absolutely. I'd like if it could be "Lana" in quotes but I know the font is extra-shiny and extra-shiny fonts sometimes don't have those, in which case Lana is fine. :3

Does she have any siblings? If not, why did her parents not have more?

She doesn't! It was for no particular reason. They only wanted one child, and they were happy with one child. No others came about and it didn't bug them. Just like any couple who decides to only have one kid, it had nothing to do with her oddness or the risk of having to move for future children.

She seems to wear a lot of flowing clothes but nothing really mentions any precautions she has to take to keep her skin safe. Does she wear very concealing clothing in order to keep from burning or damaging her skin? Does she take any other precaution to preserve her health?
On a normal day, Lana will mostly be in the shade of the jungle and try her best to not sit in the sun all too long. When she goes out, though, it's all sleeves and cowls. She burns easily, of course, so she has to take extra steps. I imagine she didn't like it much at first, finding it constricting, but that was even just as a child. By now I think she appreciates that it makes her even less identifiable!

What do you see Lana becoming as she grows? (class)
Not an archer. Her eyesight will be pretty awful, like with any person with real albinism. I could see her becoming perhaps a dancer or an alchemist. Weapons classes won't be especially easy for her so I expect her to go non-battle-class. As for which in particular I was hoping to find out through RP like I did with Nyiim.

What made Lana start to pull away from the other children? It seems like she was trying to prove she could fit in but then stopped. Was there something significant that made her stop wanting to be friends with the others?
I added this up above, but might as well put it here too. She was trying to prove she fit in and just... failed. She was still the funny girl in the hood with the creepy eyes. The kids didn't let her in, so she sort of drew away young, and now that she's older and people will be less nasty about her differences she's sort of lost the ability to make and maintain friends.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:55 am
grasshopper pie

One more question now that I'm thinking about it.

Why didn't the family move to Jauhar? With pale skin, white hair, and almost clear crystals she would look the most like a shifter, and Jauhar was listed as an option. What made them decide to nix that option?  

Suhuba
Captain

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:39 pm
Suhuba
One more question now that I'm thinking about it.

Why didn't the family move to Jauhar? With pale skin, white hair, and almost clear crystals she would look the most like a shifter, and Jauhar was listed as an option. What made them decide to nix that option?

I have some busts of Lana's parents (which I mixed a colored version of her from, in case albino didn't make the cut, and also for potential future breedings since albino won't carry) and while she might do well on her own in Shifter territory, her mother is very dark-skinned, but not entirely day-Shiftered, and her dad is very blue. Lana might have done well, but her parents would still get the scorn and horribleness new-moved-in hybrids get, which presumably would leech into "OH YOU'RE THOSE PEOPLE'S CHILD? HMPH." So the thought was that if they were in a community that already knew them, where they had built relationships and where her mother had family, with a kind of odd-colored daughter it didn't really matter if they moved. Although for the future, adult!Lana herself may move into Jauhar to "fit in." She's going to do a lot of soul-searching about all of her different parts and even I'm not sure where it'll lead. Exciting~~  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:15 am
grasshopper pie

She looks good to me then <3

User Image

Journal  

Suhuba
Captain

◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers