Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Your Very Own Halloween Costume! (Gab/Etz/Mal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:14 am
WE ARE HALLOWEEN
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

Name of Class: Your Very Own Halloween Costume!
Professor name: Professor Selene Apophis

General Information: This class is open to Amityville students as well as Horsemen!

Professor Selene has collected far too much memorabilia from her trips to the human world, especially during Halloween. She wants to put some of her collection to good use, by helping out anyone who wants to make an appropriate costume for the all too important Trick or Treating that occurs every Halloween in the human world! You get to keep what you put together here - you may even get to use her costume in her Halloween Helpers Field Trip or Professor Winter's Horseman mission, should you want to!

Mechanics:

Part One
: Picking outfit pieces

There's boxes lined up all in a row, all of which are filled with colorful pieces of costumes from days gone by. You're allowed to pick out four pieces to make a costume, so make it count!

Roll 4d12. If you don't like the pieces you rolled in this option, you are allowed to try again one time! Matching pieces will give you more points!

1. A Witch/Wizard Hat
2. A Witch/Wizard Robe
3. A Broom
4. A Pirate's Hat
5. A Pirate's Tunic
6. A Sword
7. A Skull Mask
8. A Skeleton Bodysuit
9. A Pumpkin Stump Hat
10. A Giant Pumpkin Bodysuit
11. A Blue Fairy Dress
12. Blue Wings

As you can see, 1/2/3 is a match, 4/5/6 is a match, as is 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12. If you manage to match two pieces of an outfit, you get +2 to your final total. If you manage 3 pieces, you get +4 to your final total! If NONE of your pieces match, you get +1 added to your total for originality. Remember you are allowed to roll again if you don't like your first find, but you must roleplay both posts out (minimum 100 words each), and you can choose whichever of the two you like best!

Step Two:

Putting together your costume:

It's time to show Selene what you've chosen! Put the costume on and try to explain to her what you are, even if your pieces mismatch. Are you a pirate fairy? A Skeletal Pumpkin? That's horrifying! You must tell her a story (minimum 200 words) about the character you've created. You can even give it a name, a backstory, and a goal in life! Make it interesting, Selene loves to be enchanted with a good story!

Roll 1d6 with your explanation post. Add the total of this dice, to the points you made in part one. Match your total to the fields below!

Totals:
1-2: Selene is so disappointed in your lack of attention to detail. She doesn't even know if she should let you keep the costume you made.. you clearly don't care about it! (Fail)
3-4: Is.. is your professor about to cry? She looks like she's about to cry.. maybe you should have taken your work more seriously.. (Fail)
5-6: Selene says nothing, but puts a green star sticker on your forehead. For Effort! (Pass)
7-8: Well done! Selene is so enchanted by your story, that she's lost track of what she was doing. Oh, that's right! Giving you an A! (Pass)
9-10: Is.. is your professor about to cry? She looks like she's about to cry.. did you do something wrong? Was your costume not good enough? No, she's just.. so.. proud.. *SNIFF* (Pass)

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

You complete the class, whether you pass or fail. You get +1 rp point for completing, and another +1 point if you managed to go over 800 words.

Should you pass, you will get a bonus to Professor Winter's Horseman Trick or Treating EM, or Selene's Halloween Helpers Mission! You also get this neat-o special ability:

Super cool IC ability that you get for passing: You can now magically transform into your halloween costume instantly!

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

OpticPeach rolled 4 12-sided dice: 11, 12, 6, 10 Total: 39 (4-48)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:16 am
This wasn't what he was expecting when he walked into this class. It was Halloween time of course, but what was with all of these boxes around? Were they...were they supposed to actually pick things out of them? Oh this couldn't end well at all. Knowing his luck he was going to pull out something horrible, and not in the terrifying way. He could still run away, but what sort of boil would he be if he skipped out on a class? That was not something he did at all!

Be ready to be disappointed Professor Selene, because this is about to happen.

Reaching into the box, he dared pull out the first item and immediately cringed. A blue fairy dress. Just his luck. The least he could do was attempt to look fabulous in it, though with the other boils around that was hard to accomplish. He wasn't so sure he could pull this off, and he'd praise Jack if he somehow did manage it. It'd be a miracle if he got anything that even somewhat matched. He wanted to go ahead and pull again, but figured he'd wait for one of the other boils to pull another item first before continuing on.

[204]

Nio Love

Kanth

Quote:
Hey nerds I'm only doing one item at a time if that's cool to keep it going a little longer. If not I'll edit my posts.

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

Nio Love rolled 4 12-sided dice: 12, 5, 11, 6 Total: 34 (4-48)

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:33 am
Classes had been treating Gabby well, lately. He'd managed to even pay attention to a few, and when the time had come for his third year to roll around, he'd passed with flying colors. Literally. He flew right out of the examination area.

But now it was time to start fresh, and what better way than to go to a class that celebrated Halloween? He walked in under the assumption that they were going to do something boring like hear a history lecture, or something dull like making treats. Instead, he walked in to a line of boxes, and when he looked inside he realized this was going to be better than he could have hoped for.

Because this class was a fashion show.

Gabby gave Malik a sneer that could have been confused for a smile, before he dipped his hands in the boxes and pulled out an item in each hand. When he looked at the wings, he rolled his eyes - that was a little redundant. But when he looked at the dress in his hands, and then at what Malik was holding..

Well, it wouldn't do for them both to show up wearing the same thing, would it?

"Don't worry." He muttered, already fiddling with the dress. "I can make mine look better. Like Jack would I show up to a party wearing the same thing as another boil."

He did not seem deterred by the fact that he - they - were holding a dress.

[251]

OpticPeach
Kanth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:54 am
"O-oh good luck with that! I'm sure you'll do great! You do have a nice fashion sense after all," Malik smiled, completely oblivious to the apparent fashion contest going on. He was surprised to be matching the older boil so far, but maybe that would change when he pulled out more items. By the end of this all they could be completely different costumes. It would be great. It would all work out. Reaching into another box he ended up pulling out....oh. The same wings the dragon already had in his hands. Well this would be awkward if it kept happening.

"W-well I wonder how we'll be getting these to fit with our wings. Maybe if we reeeally lay them flat it'll work out." There had to be something in the box that wasn't matching. Anything at all. He pulled another thing out and smiled once he saw the sword. There was no possible way the other boil would get this just like him! He was sure to impress the professor now. Well, as much as wearing strange costumes that didn't fit him at all could impress her. He held up the dress to him, laughing at how short it came on him. This was definitely meant for a ghoul, but he would make it work one way or another!

[220]

Nio Love

Kanth

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

Kanth rolled 4 12-sided dice: 5, 8, 1, 12 Total: 26 (4-48)

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:08 am
Having needed to attend more classes, Etzer walked in and saw the array of clothing, instantly becoming excited. Man, they had everything here! And there were all the pieces he needed for the perfect outfit.

Glancing over the array of items with a bit of curiosity, Etzer mused for a moment, picking up the pirate's tunic and taking off his outermost clothes so that he could put them on without difficulty.

He then spotted a skeleton bodysuit, eyes growing wide as excitement filled his very being. Oh man, oh jack, this was going to be perfect!

Putting on the bodysuit and aligning the bones so that they were in the right places, the frost demon donned the pirate's tunic and then snatched up a wizard hat to place on top of his head.

He was still missing something.

His eyes slid over the pile...

Yes.

Yes.

Finding a pair of slightly beaten up blue wings, he pulled them on as well for his last piece to complete his outfit, prancing up to Selene and pulling out a book from his pocket as he held it up for her proudly.

He looked almost exactly like the main character on the cover, save for the fact that the main character was perched on the front of a boat looking out over the ocean with a spyglass, wonderful hair whipping behind him as his wings were outstretched to catch the wind.

And the title of the book?

The Woeful Misadventures of the Skeleton Pirate Fairy.

Yes, apparently... this was a thing.

It honestly shouldn't have been.

[263]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:49 am
Gabby stopped fiddling with the dress to give him a level, calculated look, before his eyes turned less angered than usual. In fact he looked downright neutral - this meant that Malik had said the right thing to soothe the situation, which was - of course - to compliment his clothing.

"I do." He agreed, breathing ice down the dress until a long, see-through cape flowed behind it. "Thank you."

He picked up the dress, and dropped it over his head. As it fell, his fingers crafted frost in circular shapes down the bodice and arms, until the dress he wore looked nothing like the one Malik had in his hands. Which was the point.

Once the dress was secure, he stepped out of his pants, and held the wings up with disdain. "It's ridiculous. As if most of us aren't already equipped with - "

This was the moment he noticed the third, wingless boil in the room, and let his sentence drift off into awkward silence. He turned to look in the boxes for something that could be used as a wand of any sort, grumbling under his breath with annoyance - and a little embarrassment. "We might as well attach the damn things to our heads and claim ourselves as valkyrie, for all the good it will do."

There. A sword would have to do, for now. He picked it up and swished it, testing for magical-ability. It failed miserably.

[495]

Kanth
OpticPeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:05 am
Somehow either out of sheer luck or maybe even spite, though Malik didn't think Gabriel was being spiteful, he had pulled out a sword just like he had. How in all of Halloween had they managed to match so perfectly. Oh this was going to be really interesting. Malik was a bit more excited than he should've been, but maybe it was because he was finally interacting with creeple. Applauding the older boil's showy display Malik went to work on his own outfit. He had to make it good somehow! Maybe something his own. He couldn't just change in front of them though! He snagged his last piece of outfit out, not bothering to look at it before running off to hide and change. Once hidden he stripped down, glancing over his last piece of the puzzle.

“Well this is....interesting.” He had gotten a strange pumpkin suit of all things. It didn't cover his legs or anything, so he was still showing them off with the silly dress. But it did make putting the dress on a bit difficult. He just needed a little....oops. He felt the dress tear and looked down terrified to see the damage. Oh it had just ripped a bit up the center oh joy he was doomed. Glancing around for some scissors he snagged them off a nearby table and cut a v slit out of the bottom of the dress.

“There!” That was much better. It fit well and fell back on his legs more without exposing anything bad. He flattened his wings against his back, sliding the strangely shaped fairy wings on over it. Next the sword. What could he do with the sword? He could wield it like a fancy knight or something, or protect the world from devastation.....maybe not. Either way it would work out somehow he just knew it! Coming back out from behind the curtain he motioned to himself, long legs and all, hoping he looked okay.

“H-how do I look?”

[335]

Nio Love

Kanth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:17 am
Gabby had already found the perfect accompaniment to go with the dress, when Malik was returning with his - fashion emergency. He'd looked for something a little less feminine to go atop the dress, just to give it more flair and less sweetness. He'd found exactly what he was looking for in a pirate tunic, which was carefully placed over the dress and cinched at the waist and arms, to form a flowing garment - one that probably wasn't meant to look stylish, but that did not stop Gabby from making it so.

He was already admiring his appearance in a nearby mirror, when the sight of the other boil's atrocious outfit choices caught his eye. Good Jack help him, that was a hodge podge. Gabby snorted with amusement, and then began to pull his hair up in an up-do, letting tendrils fall against his face to see if having his hair up looked better with the outfit.

The sight of Malik in the reflection behind him made his skin pale. What in the world had he chosen to wear? Gabby swiveled around and winced, visually offended with the colors clashing and the stretch of fabric as it ripped in odd places and - what - was he cutting into the dress? A tiny, high pitched sound left Gabby, as well as a little puff of frost from his lips - which looked like his soul was leaving his body.

"You. You look." Terrible? Horrific? Painful? Gabby couldn't pick out the right word for the travesty of an outfit, but it didn't matter in the end. When he realized just how short the dress was on a tall person, as opposed to him, and the way the dress hung properly on his shorter body, his disgust turned to annoyance. It did not help that Malik had the right kind of legs for a look like that.

The b*****d.

"Like you should be committed." A jealous Gabby finally huffed out, flipping a hand through his hair in agitation. "And never cut into a dress like that again. If you need help fixing an outfit, ask me. Don't butcher perfectly good fabric with your inexperience."

Gabby had begun to float, a few inches higher - suddenly, Malik's height had started to bother him. He thought it best to stay on eye level. Just in case.

[total: 889]

OpticPeach
Kanth

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Kanth rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:46 am
Seeing her reaction as she stared at him put him off a little, but he was happier once she stuck a green star to his forehead.

She didn't say anything, just merely stuck it to his forehead without a word before turning to another student.

HE GOT A STAR FOR HIS EFFORT HOW COOL WAS THAT!?!?

Glancing to two other students who were putting on outfits, he wandered over with a grin. "Do... you two need any help?" A quick glance told Etzer that there was a rip in one of the dresses, and he took out a bit of thread and a needle.

"Hold still, and I'll fix this for you." And the frost demon set to work, intent on helping.

[+124 = 387]

Nio Love

OpticPeach

OpticPeach rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:51 am
Oh how nice! The other boil was going to fix the mess he had made and then he could show his outfit off to the professor! He held still, smiling at Gabriel as the ice demon helped him out.

“You're probably right, Gabriel. I'm not very good at things like this like you are. Maybe I'll do a little good though!” He could really only hope. He wanted to pass the class after all, and that would only happen if he explained what his costume was fairly well. He waited for the boil to be done before hesitantly walking over to Professor Selene to show himself off. He went on, spinning a tale about how he was the great pumpkin godmother send to defend the honor of young ghouls and boils everywhere. With his mighty sword and epic fairy wings he would help all through Halloween and do Jack proud! It was a great story, well at least he thought so anyway. Professor Selene on the other hand.....didn't look so thrilled. He had worked really hard on it, but in the end he had failed hard. He was distraught really. He'd never failed a class before. He just wanted to do well and show he could make things work! Maybe it was too unoriginal? Or was it the cut? It had to be the cut.

"S-sorry for failing so badly," he simply muttered, waiting to see how the older boil did.

[Total: 1,000]

Nio Love
/sobs He tried so hard and failed so badly.

Kanth

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

Nio Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:57 am
"Of course I'm right," Gabby mumbled under his breath. He looked at the teacher, who looked like she was about to cry, and let out an exasperated breath. "But that's fine. My outfit will cheer her up."

Unsurprisingly, when Gabby showed his outfit to the professor, he was proud of what he'd accomplished. "I am an ice pirate." He informed her, swishing his dress around. "I capture ships by freezing the water they're floating on, and then loot them by freezing the cargo and making it float over to my ship. My outfit is impeccable because it keeps the cold in, and it also looks fashionable while I'm plundering. It's an original design. You're welcome."

He received a green sticker for his efforts, and he was pleased with his reward. Turning back towards the two boils, he swished while floating, clearly still in character.

"Well, you heard me, I'm an ice pirate. You know what that means. Hands up, and give me your booty." He demanded of the both of them, holding his sword up to Malik's throat. ".. I mean like, treasure. Don't get kinky or anything." He was vaguely reconsidering whether playing a pirate was actually a good idea, when everyone around him was wearing a skirt. This could get awkward.

opticpeach
Kanth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:15 am
"Ah. I'm sorry," Etzer stated to the first boil, concern in his eyes. He had really tried to fix up that garment, but with the rip in it as it was.... well, there wasn't much more to do with it, unfortunately.

The frost demon put a hand on Malik's shoulder, trying to reassure him. "It's alright, you tried your best, yeah?" Etzer smiled at him. "I'm Etzer, it's nice to meet you!" It was always good to meet new people, and the frost demon realized that he definitely needed to get out more. He had what, one friend? Maybe two? ... actually, he didn't have any.

He probably needed to remedy that as soon as possible.

"Oho, ice pirate?" He turned to regard Gabby as he approached, raising a fine eyebrow. "Are you going to search for booty? Or is there... other treasure you're more interested in?" His eyebrow waggled at the other, and it wasn't clear if the frost demon was teasing or if he was genuinely interested.

"Your costume looks great, by the way. Pirates are pretty neat." He gave a halfhearted shrug even though his smirk remained, his hand leaving Malik's shoulder once he realized it was still hanging out there. Whoops. He hadn't meant to do that, and hopefully the other boil wouldn't have really noticed it.

Knowing his luck, though...

[+225 = 612]

Nio Love
WORK

OpticPeach
SUCKS

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100