Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Whomping Willow (Trash)
Thorsten Eckstein ~ Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 pm
xxxxTHORSTENxxxHAGENxxxECKSTEIN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
          xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Thor or Thorst

AGE 45

BIRTHDAY January 10, 2001

BLOOD STATUS Pureblood

WAND 12¾ inch, Yew Wood, Augurey Feather Core with a Fairly Bendy Flexibility and Spiraled Shaft

GENDER Male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Bisexual leaning more towards women

LANGUAGES SPOKEN German & English

FACECLAIM Till Lindemann [x] (Approved)

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Durmstrang

HOUSE Keltainen

CLASS OF 2019

BEST LESSONS
                  Transfigurations
                  Ghost Studies
                  Divination

WORST LESSONS
                  Herbology
                  Dark Arts
                  Astronomy

NORSE SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ P
                  Charms ~ E
                  Dark Arts ~ A
                  Herbology ~ D
                  History of Magic ~ A
                  Potions ~ A
                  Transfiguration ~ E
                  Art ~ O
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Cursebreaking ~ A
                  Divination ~ E
                  Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ O
                  World Studies ~ A

ODINS SCORES
                  Charms ~ A
                  Dark Arts ~ A
                  Transfiguration ~ E
                  Art ~ O
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ E
                  Cursebreaking ~ A
                  Divination ~ E
                  Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies at Hogwarts

DREAM JOB Taxidermist

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ CREATIVE I have always had an eye for all things art. I'm guessing that stemmed from my mother. She was the creative one in the family. I see things differently and in doing so I'm an out of the box kind of thinker. I've come to enjoy the creativity of stuffing animals that were once living and I'm not afraid to stuff something completely unheard of.
              ■ ECCENTRIC Like I said, I see things differently. All my live I'm been unconventional, the odd ball of the group. My classmates questioned where my mind was at and even though they did, it never really bothered me. I preferred to stand out rather than just blend in. However, because of that no one ever understood me. Now all it seems is that I wish they did and I wish I could just blend in. Although I don't think I ever could.
              ■ HARD WORKING I was also quite the hard worker. That certainly has never changed. I put a lot of work into my studies and even more when my mother passed. I continued to work hard searching for ghosts to interview more or less in hopes to understand death. Even if it was for the soul purpose of remaining connected in some way to my mother. Still to this day I continue to work hard in everything I do.
              ■ STRONG-MINDED When I was younger, I used to be a pushover. Though, watching my father kill my mother changed my demeanour entirely. I found my backbone and I turned my father in despite the obviousness of the truth. He'd know it was me... Now, I don't break under pressure, when I know its wrong thing.
              ■ STANDOFFISH Because of what my father did, I've become very distant from others. Probably to most I look like a guy who's up to no good. Which I promise isn't the case. In fact despite looking unapproachable I'm only doing it to protect others. The last thing I want is for my father to somehow get out and find me when I have friends...
              ■ WARMHEARTED If you ever do get to know me though you'll probably realize I'm actually a caring individual. I help injured animals and that's what I do whenever I can, despite my odd hobby. I'm the same way with people I just don't want to get too close in case bad things happen. It is bad enough I have a daughter to look after and I only hope nothing bad happens to her.

My Daughter
                  Ghosts
                  The mystery behind Death
                  Vampires
                  Art

DISLIKES
                  Inferi
                  My Father
                  Being perceived as a Dark Wizard
                  Abandoned / Injured Beings (Animal and Human alike)
                  Dark Arts
                  Murder

HOBBIES
                  Taxidermy
                  Researching the Paranormal
                  Helping Abandoned / Injured Animals

STRENGTHS
                  I'm Creative
                  Transformation Spells

WEAKNESSES
                  Gardening... Plants aren't my thing
                  Coming off intimidating and/or creepy

FEARS
                  My Father getting out and finding my daughter and I
                  Anything happening to my daughter

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD I was born into a pure blood family in Germany. As a small child I was always very timid and afraid of my own shadow, my father being the main reason for that. He was always an intimidating and rather sinister individual in my mind. He always had this air about him like he was thinking about doing something unspeakable and completely insane. There would even be times where he'd sneak off at the strangest hours for long periods of times. No one ever knew where he went or what he was up to. Of course we never dared ask him. I never had the nerve. Being a kid, I stayed close to my mother who seemed to act as if she didn't even notice my father's dark behaviour. Although, she did have an artistic talent that I did enjoyed. At times I'd believe it was just all in my head and go on with my day. Over time I realized that wasn't the case, my father was just like I thought he was.

My father had these strange "friends" that came around the house from time to time. When they were around, my mother kept me away. I never knew why. Until one day (when I was about eight or nine) after they'd left and my father had disappeared from the house, I went down to his office. His office was typically off limits to me but I managed to get up the small amount of courage I did have to sneak in and take a peak. It was then in one of his desk draws I came across some sort of plans to do with killing someone. Quickly putting the plans back I rushed out of his office but as I was closing the door my father came around the corner. Pinning me to the wall after that, he asked if I saw anything. Scared I said no but he then went on to threaten me until I told him the truth. How he'd known I didn't have a clue but I wasn't about to push him any further. Finally he let me go with a warning not to enter his office again or to so much as breath a word about what I saw.

Being the pushover I was I did just that. I suppose my father got away with what he did as he was still around afterwards. He had always been known to slide through the cracks despite how psychotic he really was. When I was sent away to school at eleven, I was just glad to get away from the house that felt more like a prison to me.

SCHOOL YEARS I saw the world differently from other students. From the way I liked the strange and abnormal to just being bizarre and abnormal myself. I attended Durmstrang and was placed among the creative, hands on people of Keltainen. During that time I was easily looked at as an odd individual with an artist yet creative eye. Though, it did seem that all my creativity circled around death. Although, I'd never seen someone killed I had a dark side to my art.

Hitting my third year, I realized I had an interest in the dead causing me to take ghost studies, along with the intriguing divination class. I also found I had an interest in magical creatures. However it wasn't until I was just going into my fifth year that I learned just how big of an interest I did have. It was only a few weeks before I had to return to school when I heard yelling. I hadn't realized that it was my father screaming at my mother until I went downstairs. By then it was too late. I walked into the living room just as my father pulled his wand out and shouted the killing curse at her. Watching her lifeless body hit the ground, I bolted out of the room. What the argument had been about I didn’t have a clue.

I heard him yell something but I wasn't about to find out what or at whom. Knowing him he could have been yelling at my mother's lifeless body. I didn't stop running until I was sure I was safe. The next thing I did was notify the ministry of what I saw. It was the first time I ever stood up for something and I realized if I had of done it sooner, maybe my mother would still be alive. Once my father was locked away I headed back to school and put all my effort into the dead. It was the only way I could hold onto her.

POST GRADUATION Once I finished up school and graduated, I started studying more on ghosts, seeking them out to understand the reason behind them. I had pages and pages on the subject due to talking to varies ghosts along my travels. Despite focusing on ghosts I still did art on the side. I even found out about an art form where muggles stuff dead animals called taxidermy. Since it was right up my ally I got into it and when my pet cat passed I did just that. It was surprisingly an interesting activity and since then when a pet of mine dies I stuff it.

As it turns out I have a number of stuffed critters now which I assume only adds to my oddity. Though it wasn't odd enough for one girl that I met in Belgium named Heidi. Despite dating for a bit we didn't stay together. She became pregnant and despite not wanting the child, she went through with it and delivered a precise baby girl. We named her Cornelia and I swore I was going to be nothing like my father to her. So, Heidi and I kept in touch and I raised Cornelia on my own. Just recently I decided to move to the British Isles, Heidi wished us all the best and Cornelia and I are now settled in Scotland. I recently applied to be a professor at Hogwarts. Figuring I could teach my love for ghosts to students and continue on with my new life, without my father. My only hope is that Cornelia never has to see her grandfather which I believe will never happen.

To our surprise when Cornelia turned eleven she received a letter to Beauxbaton. In many ways I'm grateful she gets to have a different experience from myself at her age. The new experience went well for her. She made herself a new friend by the sounds of things and I even got her an owl so we could keep in touch more. Now Cornelia is grown up and she's working on a career. I'm couldn't be more proud of her.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY
              • Siegfried Eckstein (father - npc) • Greta Eckstein (mother - deceased)
              • Cornelia Eckstein (daughter)

ROMANTIC INTEREST • None
              BEST FRIEND • None at this time
              FRIENDS • Heidi Westenberg (pen pal - npc)
              ACQUAINTANCES • Hogwarts Staff
              ENEMIES • Siegfried Eckstein
              PETS • Swallow Tailed Kite named Trauer [x]

xxxU P D A T E Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED 07/15/2019

UPDATES MADE
■ Age & Bio

Accepted: 10/27/15 ✔ Essy
Updates Accepted: 4/27/17 ✔ Essy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:27 pm
Timetable Class List
Monday:
Fourth Years @ 9:00am to 9:45am
Tuesday:
Seventh Years @ 10:00am to 10:45am
Third Years @ 11:00pm to 11:45pm
Friday:
Sixth Years @ 8:00am to 8:45am
Fifth Years @ 1:00pm to 1:45pm

User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

- - -

With : - - -

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

[imgleft]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/Vampirena/rp characters/Harry Potter Face-Claims/75004ca2-51c5-49f7-af86-59c015dd7f3f_zpscg8rgvff.jpg[/imgleft] [align=center][b][size=18][color=#0F0F0F]Professor Thorsten Eckstein[/color][/size][/b]
[size=13][b][color=darkslateblue]Pureblood [/color][color=goldenrod]☨ [/color][color=darkslateblue]Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies[/color] [color=goldenrod]☨[/color] [color=darkslateblue]Former Durmstrang, Keltainen[/color][/b][/size][/align]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=#6B3FA0][b]Location :[/b][/color] - - -

- - -

[color=#6B3FA0][b]Status :[/b][/color] [i]- - -[/i]
[color=#6B3FA0][b]With :[/b][/color] [i]- - -[/i]

[color=#6B3FA0][b]Wearing :[/b][/color] [url=http://www.polyvore.com/thorsten_work/set?id=180637422][i]Professional[/i][/url]

[color=#6B3FA0][b]OOC :[/b][/color] [i]- - - [/i][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
The Whomping Willow (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers