Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

PRP between Kaito (Deejaye) and Chatura (CitrusCupcake).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:38 pm
Nestled within some dense vegetation provided by a tree, the flutter had made the foliage his home the previous night; being smaller than the average horse, he was able to comfortably fit himself along the branches. More importantly—at least to the stallion—his smaller stature gave him the advantage of being able to submerge within the pleasant scents of the blooming season as well as conceal him from any danger or unwanted strangers passing by him. Now as morning was ushering itself in spreading its reach across the land, beams of light weaved themselves through the greenery, creating light speckled patterns across his features. As the light pressed against his eyelids, Kaito stirred from his light slumber – his eyes fluttered open, and he let out a groggy groan. “Ugh,” he muttered under his breath. Despite getting adequate sleep, he always felt as though the night was too short, or that the day was too eager to start.

Stretching his stiff muscles, Kaito continued to make disgruntled sounds. And what is on the agenda today? he thought to himself. Assuming it would be a typical day for him that would more than likely entail small activities such as sunbathing while the weather was still pleasant or sifting through the flora where he would be able to inhale the sweet scents. And if he was feeling up to it, perhaps he would indulge himself in horse-watching. That activity was something he considered to be a treat. He always gained an odd enjoyment from watching others; while he generally tried to avoid direct contact with anyone as he was a bit of an introvert, he enjoyed studying others and seeing how the mingled with others– seeing how their faces contorted in odd ways to emote enjoyment or happiness amazed the sheltered flutter. It made him yearn to be able to participate in the luxuries of social interaction, but he was aware that he was a bit odd himself. Thinking of times where he was accidentally pressed into a little conversation only reminded him that he was gawky and made the individual involved aware how he was not aware of typical social cues and norms.

Feeling he had stretched sufficiently, he outstretched his wings and allowed them to beat back and forth, gaining enough speed to let the flutter leap off the branch he was resting on so comfortably and soar through the air with ease. Without much though, he allowed his thin wings to him guide towards the ground. With a gentle thump, the stallion landed and took the opportunity to look around the forest curiously, looking for some sign to hint to him where to begin his day. Catching sight of an unfamiliar area, he trotted slowly in that direction.

CitrusCupcake
Hey, sorry about taking so long to start this. D-dunno if you're still interested in trying these two out since I took so long - sorry if that's the case. u u; Been very swamped with classwork, unfortunately.

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:35 am
Was it a good day? Well the weather was certainly pleasant enough, and for once she wasn't replaying over and over in her mind the events that led her to where she was now. Sort of. Now she was, but she shook her head, and this time there was no accompanying jingle from the bell that Sastimos had given her. She had finally put it to one side, had finally acknowledged that wearing it still wasn't helping her get over him, but she hadn't gotten rid of it, she had given it to the human from the village that she knew for safekeeping. She hadn't managed to get that far yet.

Her tail trailing behind her, the tiny gems in the hair catching the sunlight, she wandered about, listening to the sound of the wind in the tops of the trees as she walked along the outskirts of a stretch of forest, no particular destination in mind. She was just hoping for some levity of mind, some freeing of her spirit, a path back to who she had once been. Chatura wasn't sure she would find it today but at least it was nice out, and it was always easier to feel better in oneself when the weather was pleasant.

She stopped at one point, just stood and closed her eyes, listening to the leaves moving, listening to the birds high above, the smell of the grass, the leaves, and even the slight mustiness of the ground at the base of the trees where the slowly falling leaves turned to mulch and fed back into the tree they came from.

DeeJaye
No worries, she's still not spoken for XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:12 pm
The flutter had not traveled far when he caught sight of a shimmer of light – as if a small object had caught a speck of light. His curiosity got the better of him and he couldn’t help but wonder what it could have been; perhaps a mirror shard or some other trinket? Or maybe some light that got caught on some dew? Making a questionable grunt under his breath, the flutter decided to see what it could be and approached with gentle steps. Light-footed by nature, Kaito moved easily and with silence along the path.

As he approached the source of light, he could better make out the source. To Kaito’s surprise, it was a mare, light blue and black with small sunlit beads adorning her hair. Her eyes were closed and she appeared to be very still. Is she thinking or something? he wondered. Realizing his position put him directly in her line of sight, however, the stallion froze, a little unsure of how to handle himself now that he was so close.

Was this the point where he makes a cordial greeting to her? He attempted to picture of others' interactions he had watched from afar, yet… Yet, she had her eyes closed. He felt a little flabbergasted because he couldn't recall someone approaching another when they appeared to be trying to close themselves off from the world temporarily. Maybe it meant that she saw him approach and deliberately closed her eyes, waiting for him to pass by her and hopefully avoid interaction? The situation was rather plausible in his mind; he himself was guilty of pretending to be a statue to avoid an uncomfortable encounter. Pressing his mouth firmly together, he made his expression rather neutral and twitched his wings a little nervously. T-that has to be it, he convinced himself gazing to the side to see if there was a preferable path that would put him out of the mare's way.

CitrusCupcake
okokok. <3

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:48 am
Chatura had not actually seen the flutter before closing her eyes. She wouldn't do that anyway, if she didn't want to see someone, if she didn't want to talk to someone she would just not, or would leave. So it was a short while after the flutter had neared her that she opened her eyes again, looking around for a moment as if slightly confused, and then she focused again, realising what it was that had made her open her eyes.

"I see you." she said, shaking her mane from her eyes. There had been times during her research on predators when they had actually imparted some knowledge, and one of the few lessons that had been grudgingly given was how to see your surroundings and to notice as much as possible. To hear without concentrated listening. Maybe she had heard him approach without consciously realising it, or maybe it was coincidence, but she saw him now.

She took a couple of steps forwards, her head tilted a little as regarded the little Soquili. She didn't often see flutters and found them quite interesting, especially the relative size of their wings to body. His were quite small to his body size, and she wondered what his flight stamina was, if he could fly for great distances.

DeeJaye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:47 pm
Kaito stiffened as the femme opened her eyes; he felt as if he had been caught red-handed doing something naughty, though that certainly was not the case. And she spoke to him as well – he mentally noted he was wrong in his previous assumptions. He was still convinced he was in a position of being a pest to the femme; if she wasn’t trying to avoid him, then perhaps his presence was still causing some sort of intrusion on the femme.

Focusing on her words, the flutter couldn’t help but feel intrigued. It wasn’t really something he predicted to have heard initially. It made him feel a little lost in how to respond; normally they would say hello, which would require a hello back but... He shook his head and told himself to stop over analyzing. Clearing his throat, he responded, "I wasn’t trying very hard to hide." He wanted to shudder slightly at his voice; generally a quiet guy, his voice came out gruff.

And as she approached him, he watched with a guarded gaze, assessing the mare. She didn’t appear to be hostile but rather curious of him. Maybe she’s evaluating me, like I am doing to her? he thought to himself, twitching his wings. He had hoped that was the case; if she was hostile, he would be unsure how he would get away – due to his wings’ size in proportion to his body, flying for a prolonged time strained him greatly. He was much more accustomed to using his wings as well as the wind to help himself glide.

CitrusCupcake

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:39 am
"Your size can make you hidden to those that don't look hard enough. One could take you for an oversized butterfly if they weren't paying attention." she said, wondering if she had maybe bruised his ego by spotting him or if he merely always sounded that way when he spoke.

His wings as deconstructed as one could do with sight alone, she took in the rest of him and though she tried to hide it, covering by speaking straight afterwards, it was clear if he was paying attention that something of a cloud had passed over her face, and she had looked almost distraught for a moment.
So blue! Blue like..Sastimos. The thought swirled in her mind even as she pasted on a smile of greeting and gave him a nod.

"I won't eat you. Wrong member of my family if that's your concern." she said, somewhat cryptically. She figured that when a flutter was in its smaller state that predators might be more of a worry, and she knew that although physical characteristics were generally linked to those who were predatory, it did pay to be cautious.

DeeJaye

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:33 am
Kaito had to agree with her statement; though his shrunken form was still larger than the average flutter, he was at size that made it easy to avoid others as long as he positioned himself correctly. If they truly had wanted to see him, they would have paid better attention to their surroundings, much like he did. "They should better pay attention then. Not be so eager to ignore the world around them," he said abruptly.

He watched her closely, noting how she seemed to be looking him over as well. For a brief moment, she seemed to make some sort of phase off; her eyes spelled out a sort of discomfort. Except she pushed it away, as if pretending the thoughts or feelings that had crossed her mind in that moment never existed. It perplexed the stallion as he had seen this before in others. And… It must have been him – her eyes did not dart to the side or look to any other external factors. "My presence is upsetting you," he said, saying it as if it was a fact rather than a question. Twitching his thin wings, he wondered if his smaller appearance was the source of her discomfort. Would it be odd to transform myself into a larger form? the flutter thought to himself.

"Okay. I won’t eat you either, if that will put your mind at ease," he said, tilting his head curiously. His tone had lost the initial gruffness but instead he had a deadpan way in how he said his words. He gave her one more look over; despite looking like a regular mare, she seemed a different from ones he had observed. She was definitely more guarded and…a bit puzzling in what she said.

CitrusCupcake

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 am
Her head turned away from him for a moment, her mane falling like a fine curtain, hiding her face, hiding her expression. It was bound to happen, she was going meet stallions, there was going to be those with the same colouring of the one she had loved. So Chatura would have to deal. And stop wearing her heart for all to see.

"Not you. Not you personally. It's...you reminded me of someone. That's all." she was sure that probably wouldn't suffice as a complete explanation, but it was as much as she wanted to give to this flutter that she had just met.

There was a quick double take at that, and a long look to see whether he had seriously meant that and then she had to laugh, well, a smile appeared for a brief moment.

"Oh yes. Yes of course. Had been very worried about that." she wondered if any flutters and kalonas had had offspring, so far that had been one crossbreed she had not met.

DeeJaye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:49 pm
The flutter frowned. He was sure that whoever it was that he reminded her of must have been someone close. And more than likely, they were no longer available whether if it was due to lost contact or death. It made him curious – why did others so closely allow one to be a factor of their happiness? It wasn’t particularly something he could understand; he always kept an arms distance away from others, skittish in dealing with their irrational behaviors.

And while he couldn’t deny he was a little interested in this ‘someone,’ he didn’t bother to push the subject. If she didn’t want to elaborate, than that was for her to decide. He valued privacy and thus understood not to push into others’ when they were clearly not keen in sharing the details. “I can assure you I am not them, whoever they are,” he said. It was an ill attempt at a reassurance. If the words came out harshly, he wasn’t aware. He was used to being straightforward and was not attuned to wording things to be more sensitive to others’ feelings.

Seeing her laugh and smile, Kaito did crack a small smile back at her for a moment before immediately reverting his expression to its typical neutral appearance. “Us flutters are fiercer than you might think,” he said, taking a jab at a joke. As usual, his tone remained deadpan.

CitrusCupcake
[[ It feels really weird to RP an uh... apathetic, socially awkward guy. 8D; /probably making him too boring i'msosorry/

Also, I *might* be really busy in the next couple weeks, so I apologize ahead of time if my responses are a lot slower. ; w ; ]]

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:20 am
"No, I know that."Chatura said, a tad taken aback that he'd even said that.

"For a start, he..he didn't have butterfly wings. And your mane and tail. The length is completely different. But your colour. The blue. It just makes me think." she stared off into the mid distance for a while, lost in thought and emotion before she collected herself again.

"So you're saying I should flee for my life now then?" she joked gently, not feeling very humourous but looking for something to lift the mood she had inadvertantly put herself in. It wasn't his fault that he was similarly coloured, and so she wanted to make an effort to be good company.

DeeJaye
It's fine and you're not, I'm really rusty with Chatura so I've been worried that my replies suck XD;
And okie doke ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:52 pm
"Well, he doesn't sound like me at all then, but I suppose I can understand the... sentimentality of it. It can be hard to forget someone I hear, if they are important to you," he said. Always found it odd, he thought. He did find it weird that she'd so closely associate him with someone that was barely like him at all; to see this significant horse in him when all they shared was a color was perplexing to him, to say the least. The flutter twitched his wings and tilted his head up and down, visibly taking in her appearance once more. Feeling the need to vocalize his thoughts, Kaito said, "A little odd, I would say. Do you think about him when you look at your reflection in the water? You are very blue yourself --" he trailed off, trying to recall if she had introduced herself to him, and being unable to recall her name, he huffed. "I'm Kaito. Who are you?"

Seeing her efforts at striking some form of humor back, he nodded his head. "It will only get worse from here on out," he said. He shook his head. "In a minute, I'll be sprouting a second head and concoct some form of stew to place you in," he replied, finding his words amusing.

CitrusCupcake
[[ they don'tttt. * w * !!
sorry for taking so long to reply! end of semester + going on a coloring rampage kept me slightly occupied for awhile. replies should be more frequent/timely now. ]]

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:06 am
Sentimentality? Chatura supposed that maybe it could seem like that to some, she wasn't sure who wouldn't understand the loss of love, maybe one that hadn't loved themselves.

"Of course." she said, quietly now, the hearts pain that she felt bleeding more and more into her voice. This walk had meant to clear her head and now she felt like she was stumbling blindly down memory lane.

"But not because I'm blue, but because I feel that he should be standing by me. Shoulder to shoulder. Not leaving me..." she had to physically shake herself then, she could feel herself beginning to wallow and it was something she couldn't do, not in front of a stranger in any case. Pull yourself together! she inwardly yelled, and it was with effort that she replied.

"Chatura. Is me." she looked at him for a moment after he finished speaking and then she did laugh, her emotions in enough of a mess that she really did find that image funny.

"..I'm sure I would make a tasty stew." she managed when she had once again managed to collect herself. There were tears in her eyes, from laughing or crying she wasn't sure which, but the outburst of laughter had released her emotion and saved her from dissolving into embarrassing tears in front of the flutter stallion.

DeeJaye
(( well that's good then and no worries ^_^ ))

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:53 am
Hearing her open up more, whether it was by her own accident or not, he nodded his head. "He was your mate then? Sounds like a poor one, if he left you heartbroken. You shouldn't let it get to you so much, though. You're not the first, nor will you be the last, to have your heart broken," he calmly replied. Perhaps the words were cruel or insensitive, but he didn't acknowledge it as so; the flutter saw it more as an obvious observation.

"Chatura? Chatura. Sounds elegant." It certainly rolled off the tongue better than his name did, he decided. He did find a strange delight in hearing her laugh - it prompted a smile of his own and flurried his wings as if he was excited.

Seeing the tears well up in her eyes, he wasn't sure if it was from the jokes or the previous chat; he associated tears generally with sorrow, but her previous laughter betrayed that. Perhaps I'll stray away from the talk of her ex-lover, he thought to himself. He did find her sadness to be perturbing after all, since he was unsure how to handle it. "I'm getting rather hungry talking about this, so was I was thinking to head to a berry bush near by. Would you like to join me? So we can decide which berries would best go with this stew I was planning to have later."

CitrusCupcake

DeeJaye
Crew

O.G. Hunter

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:50 am
His words made her flinch and it took some time before she could answer. Chatura didn't want to come across as sounding defensive, that would make it seem as though she could the see the truth but just couldn't accept it. Her mother had spoken at length about how if he had truly loved her he would never have left her. And logically she knew that. But logic never really figured in love did it?

"I know all of that. But knowing doesn't necessarily lead to acceptance, and the heart isn't the brain. I loved him and that takes time to forget." she let out a little sigh. Were she able to wake up tomorrow and not feel the loss she would be happy. She really did want to move on. And she didn't want to talk about it any further. And it seemed he had realised that it wasn't pleasant for her to speak on it either.

"Thank you. I shall pass the compliment on to my mother as it was she who gave it me." she supressed a smile that popped up when he mentioned the stew again.

"Are you asking for my help to pick berries that compliment my taste?" she said, amused at that notion and appreciative of the fact that he had changed the subject.

DeeJaye

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces