Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[ORP- Rose/Half Truth/Dawn] Gathering Wood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 pm
Quote:
Roll 1d6, and roleplay out your kin finding the item that corresponds to your roll:
1 - Small twigs and items that will be good for spreading and lighting fire. +1 point
2 - Oh no! Wet wood! You can't bring this back.
3 - A small log. You can easily carry it by balancing it on your back, if you go slowly. +2 points
4 - A large log. It is too big to carry back! If you're doing this quest alone, you must abandon it. If you're with someone else, +4 points each!
5 - Oh no! You step into a big puddle on your way back and lose your wood. -1 point
6 - A great leafy branch! You can carry it in your teeth. +4 points

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The season of festivities had taken Rose in full swing. Her soul was alive with the changing of the seasons, and she could breathe in the change. It was as if the Swamp sensed the thirst for change within her. Closing her eyes, Roses in Bloom breathed in the air, and smiled.

And of course, there were the festivities! She had not yet celebrated, but she was more than thrilled to do so. After being told what to do, she bounded offward, heading in search of good kindling. Rose glanced over her shoulder, and smiled.

"Half Truth? Are you joining me?"

She turned to scan the area. Unfortunately, as far as she could tell, here there was only wet, sopping wood. This... this would not work for the fire at all.

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Sure thing, sugarlips," the green doe said with an attempt at a cocky grin that quickly melted into a saccharine smile. Places she'd follow Roses included the ends of the earth, so of course wood gathering was a shared activity. Winking, she danced forwards; while the wood here was wet, the area directly ahead looked promising. Sure enough, there was a lovely chunk of foliage- a great big leafy bough, perfect for sending sparks into the night. She held it in her teeth like a swain with a rose, then waggled her eyebrows at her companion. There was probably a terrible lewd joke or pickup line in there somewhere, but mercifully her mouth was otherwise occupied.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Wandered rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The hermit had left his little abode.

It was one of the few times that Dawn had decided to be less of a shut in and try to meet and greet with other kin, (sometimes to his chagrin,) but he was trying to make an effort. Especially since his platonic life-friend was always telling him that he should get out more.

Sighing softly out loud, he continued to lug out the small log that he had picked up for the bon-fire, before a familiar sight graced him (and a second, less slightly familiar sight.) It was unlikely that they'd meet so easily, but he would gladly take the company.

"Beautiful little flower, how have you found me again?" He called out to both of them, giving her the best I-don't-get-out-often smile.

So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:36 am
Pet names and flirtations were not things Rose was adjusted to in her romantic life. When Half Truth shot her a look of interest and mischief, she felt her face flush a deep red, and could not help the nervous laughter that bubbled out of her. It was not necessarily that she was embarrassed, motherfather no! Rose was just unused to it. To being... cared for so much. Dawn was always a flirtatious soul, but it was in a fond jesting manner. Not love and romance. The doe cast her eyes downwards, still unable to stop smiling. If only her friend could see her now.

...In fact, it was as if she could hear him with her.

Stopping dead in her track, Rose whirled on her hooves, and lo and behold- there was Dawn's First Light. She squealed in delight, nearly tumbling over herself as she dashed over to reunite with her friend. Butting her head against him fondly, Roses in Bloom beamed.

"Dawn! I've seen you twice in late, what luck!" She laughed, the light dancing in her eyes. "Here I thought I'd not see you till the spring, holed away as you so oft are."

Suddenly, she gasped.

"Here, here! Help me with this great log, and you MUST meet Half Truth! She's..." Well, what was she? Rose bit her lower lip nervously, but still was smiling.

"We're... well. She's the doe I was telling you about."

(+4 to everyone for the log!)  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:33 pm
Half Truth spat out her stick to say hello. "YOU must be Dawn's Early Light." So you're the fella who makes my girlfriend so happy. "It's lovely to meet you- I've met Rose's kids and they're wonderful. Always did want to meet their daddy." Should I be jealous? Or should I thank you for making her so happy and being such a kind friend to her? "Anybody who makes my girlfriend so happy is a friend of mine!" It was the truth, really. She couldn't feel jealous, not when she saw how content Roses was among her family. Sure, it wasn't the conventional arrangement, but who really cared? It worked and she was just glad to be a part of it.

Of course, she wasn't going to say that, not within five seconds of meeting the guy. Instead, she kicked a few nearby branches, grimacing at their sodden exteriors. Blech.

"None of the wood over here's any good. It's all soggy. Nobody likes soggy wood," she said before picking up her branch again.

Wandered rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:25 pm
Half Truth?

Such an interesting name, it seemed to fit the doe who had swooned Roses back in to action. Dawn had secretly worried that Roses would have stayed alone, woeful for a long time after she had lost her first love, so seeing her liven up around the gold and green lady made him feel like there was a little hope again.

Bowing his head a little, he gave the other doe a quaint smile. "Indeed, I am - by name, and by title of father - Dawn should suffice as a nickname." He replied to her, giving her a soft smile. There could have been more to that, he was certain, but he wouldn't push against the niceties - she seemed fine enough. Roses was happy, his children were happy, so he, too, could be happy. He wasn't losing anything.

"Half Truth, correct? A pleasure to meet you - I'm glad to hear that someone has successfully swept her off her feet. I hope you would treat her well." , before balancing the small log he had on his back, kicking around the soggy wood that was around them.

"It may be best if we continued our little march as we looked around, this area has seen a few too many showers." He quipped in softly, before going to shrug some of the extra weight from the log that Roses had find. She seemed to have the best luck between the three of them.

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm
Looking between the two, there was hope in Rose's eyes as she desperately willed them to get along. They were two very different souls, two different poets in their own regard. If one of them didn't like the other, she would be devastated, as simple as that. At the very least, they seemed capable of providing one another with polite smalltalk. Perhaps, in time, the charm would come to them as it had to her.

"I was very desperate for foals of my own, once upon a time," Roses in Bloom began, turning to Half Truth in means of explanation. "I thought, perhaps, it would be the missing spark in my relationship with Walking Root. And whilst my children were the light of my life... they did nothing to quell her wanderlust."

While the story might've once made her cry, it had no effect on Rose this time. Instead, she gathered a few twigs that seemed passable for firewood.

"Thinking back on it, I realized having children made me happier than Root ever did. When Dawn rolled around again, it came up in conversation, and we figured the first batch turned out pretty great. Even if I was saddled with five of them the second time," at this, she shot Dawn a semi-scathing look.

"If we have more and it's ever that many again, I'll have you know I'm hunting you down." But it was all in jest, as a smile had taken Rose's lips at the teasing.

"And twins! I'll tell you this much, Half Truth, if... ...if children are something we ever seriously discuss," she stumbled over this a bit nervously, "I am PRAYING to the motherfather and offering every gift I can that twins are not an experience I bear again."

[Five points]  
Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:14 pm
Half Truth stared at the ground as she searched for more wood. It was interesting- she could see herself liking Dawn quite a bit, once they got to know each other a little more. At the very least, they both loved Rose. They'd get along for her sake if nothing else, but she actually did see herself coming to be on friendly terms with the buck. But if she ever met Walking Root... well, she'd have some explaining to do. A lot of explaining to do. So much explaining to do. And that made her nervous- best to hope the doe didn't come back.

"I can't imagine twins- I've got my hooves full with just the one. You know he wanted to bring his cave worm to this shindig? And then when I said he probably shouldn't, he was convinced it was because I was worried someone would eat it! Which... I admit the thing is growing on me, but I can't imagine anyone looking at I Love You and thinking it's edible in the slightest." She chuckled. "Kiddo's growing up so fast, but he's still got such a sweet heart." Turning to Dawn, she felt an explanation was needed. "Dunno if she told you I've got one of my own. I have no idea who laid the egg or who sired him- I took him in after talking with the ladies down at the Mothers' Club. I felt something was missing, and thought maybe it was a kid- a family. Turns out I was partially right. And I gotta say, I wouldn't mind more of the little anklebiters running around... but twins, gosh. That'd be a lot to take on at once. At least, y'know, you didn't have to do it alone- and if we figure out an arrangement, well, you'll have me around as well.

Something half-covered in dead leaves caught her eye. A gloriously large piece of wood- and it looked dry enough to burn. "Say," she said with a wink. "You know, that's a pretty big log you got there, Dawn. But-" and straining, she hoisted the enormous log onto her shoulders. "Mine's bigger." A little too big, actually- she'd definitely need help with it- but she couldn't resist.

((That puts me at 12! +4 to everyone!))  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Wandered rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm
There was nothing he could have done about the fact that their second breeding had given them five children. So, he just sort of muttered, and turned his head to the side.

"I can't help that my family favours virility. Seeing as you show interest in being a mother again, it appears you are not as bothered as you say~" He threw out, before listening to the ladies chat about children. He had eight - and Honour - and was lucky that they had all found their own paths in life (even if Honour and Hour constantly stuck around him. He was fine with that.)

In his idle thinking, he caught sight of another log - a smaller one like his first one. This whole balancing game suddenly became a lot more difficult . . . but the fire was going to be fantastic. Hearing his name pipe out again, he turned to the green doe, eyebrows raising a little.

"Ah, yes. That is a rather sizeable log you have there, my dear." He started, before his eyes gave a little twinkle - he could play, too. "They do say that it isn't the size, but how you use it."

(I'm now at 12 (4 + 4 + 2 + 2)

So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:04 pm
"I suppose I'm not bothered, and... Half Truth doesn't seem to be either," Rose admitted with a laugh, completely joyful at this successful outing. It hadn't taken them too terribly long to gather wood, and her two most important friends were getting along! With a spring in her step, Rose snatched up a great leafy branch in her jaws, and turned back to both Half Truth and Dawn.

"Let's... get this back to the campfire, yeah?"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas