[BL/PRP] New Faces (Tiela/Kineks)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:05 pm

(This rp is to be back dated so it can take place during the festivities. c: )

Mantis.

The word didn't mean much to him now, but the weight of it calmed Tiela's over eager heart. He hadn't known that the Tree Ceremony was going to be quite so terrifying. It chilled him to his very bones, being put on the spot like that, but now he had a home. A true home.

Would wonders never cease?

As he padded around, listening to the conversations around him, the young lion felt himself lost in the crowd. He didn't even know the faces of his own clan members yet, and momentarily, he panicked. What if they left without him?!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm
User Image

Kineks stood at a loss for words. The rosebud coloured lioness had never been been in a pride, heck she'd never really even had a family. It was sheer loneliness that had brought her to the pride. Now she was here in a pride bigger than she could ever imagine and with ore members than she could even count. Now she was assigned a clan, a group that she would be travel with within the pride. Her clan was the wolf can, something that didn't mean much to her yet but she was sure eventually it would become apart of her identity.

She scanned the crowd trying to find someone to talk to, although she had joined the pride so that she would no longer feel lonely right now standing in the throngs of lions milling about some in groups talking others totally alone like her.

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:23 pm
nessiaing

Tiela made his way around, gathering a few 'heys' and 'how are you?' without ever striking up anything meaningful. The adolescent was close to giving up when he spotting a lioness much like himself. Naturally he made his way over to be.

"Are you new, too?" She didn't look like a regular, though she might have just been socially awkward. He'd met a few lions like that already. "I'm a little...over whelmed and I was hoping to find a friendly face." Tiela chuclkled nervously. There was just so much going on that he couldn't possibly process it all without freaking out first.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:51 am
Kineks breathed a sigh of relief when the adolescent male approached her. She hadn't known where to turn or where to go. She honestly wasn't even sure who it was that belonged to her clan. She had been hoping that the other lions would start to drift into natural forming groups and she would be able to spot one of the other new comers who had also been assigned to the wold clan.

"I am new!" Kineks exclaimed a little too loudly. She chuckled at herself. She looked over the male who had approached her she was fairly certain that he was not a member of the wolf clan, though she was amazed that at a young age the male was here on his own.

"My name is Kineks." she told him with a gentle bod of her head. "I am overwhelmed... is it obvious?" she asked him suddenly she was worried how she appeared to the other pride members.

Painted Moose

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:08 am
Painted Moose

He seemed to brighten two fold just hearing her laughter. Her exuberance was a little startling, but it wasn't unwelcomed. "It's nice to meet you Kineks, and I'm not just saying that. I'm just as freaked out by all of this as you are. I'm just glad I'm not alone." Shaking out his nerves, the younger male looked around him and couldn't help the softer smile. "My name's Tiela, and I think it would be kind of...weird if we weren't worked up, you know? This is a lot of change, at least for me. I'm sure it is for you too, though." He quickly added the last bit, hoping not to offend her. It would be just his luck to piss of the first friend he'd make in the pride.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:41 am
"Yes having someone to be overwhelmed with is definitely helpful." Kineks agreed. She looked around at all the other members. She took a deep breath in.

"This is a very big change for me." she said her voice was hushed almost a whispered. "This is actually my first time in a pride. I have never seen this many lions in one place at one time." Kineks was worried that a group this size would be a large target but she supposed that they would be able to defend themselves, they had a lot of power.

"So which clan where you sorted into?" KIneks asked. She was hoping the younger male would be a friend that would be fully ingrained in her new home. It would certainly make things easier for her if he was.

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 am
nessiaing

Tiela's brows rose. "Really? Wow..." He was stunned by the admission, and for a few moments just remained silent. "I can't imagine...this has to be stressful for you. If you ever need to talk, you can- Well, maybe not. We might not be in the same clan." Tiela thought about that."They brush against each other though, every once in a while and then there's the festivals. I'll be around." He tried smiling to her, just to show her that someone had her back.

"I come from a neighboring pride myself. Moving around all the time will be new for me, and getting used to my name will be...weird. In my home pride we get new names when we're adults, so I feel like I've cheated our Goddess in some ways." He had thought about it, really he had, but taking a new name seemed wrong too. Since he didn't go "home" home, then he was still technically a child in their eyes. Better to remain this way forever.

"I'm in the Mantis clan. Which one are you in?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:59 am
Kineks' smile dropped a little. "Oh I am in wolf clan." Kineks told the male. "You are right though there will be opportunity to see each other here or there." she said her smile coming back up a little. She would always have him as a friend within the pride.

"Your old home sounds interesting. What made you decide not to go back? To come here instead?" Kineks asked hoping she wasn't getting to personal. She mused what it would be like to have a name change liek the one he was describing. After a few moments of thought she decided that she wouldn't like it. No her name was the name her parents gave her at birth it would almost be an insult to them to change it.

"I am sure your goddess will understand. There are many Gods and Goddess' perhaps there is another one that you choose to prey to now." she added.

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:11 am
Painted Moose

"Oh...well, hey, yeah, we'll see each other again." There would always be those little meetings, and the festivals. Who knew; when males mated they switched clans, so maybe one day he might even be part of her clan. Though, mating was the farthest thing from Tiela's mind at the moment. That was a for life thing here, and he wanted to take as much time as he needed to settle down first.

"My mom." He answered sheepishly. "She never mistreated me or my siblings, I really love her, but she's always been...distant. More so when I was really young. She's better now, but I can still remember." Tiela shook his head. "My birth father treated her like s**t and she as scared that his sons would be the same way. She wouldn't get near any male other than my adoptive dad for YEARS. Wouldn't sleep in the den because she felt blocked in...I can't blame her, but I can't stay." It was an oddly complicated relationship. "Here I can still visit her from time to time, but I won't feel like I'm pressuring her to like me. We can work on that."

Stil, a lot of his siblings had talked about leaving the Mounties. Would his mother stay? "Nah, I'll stick with mine." He grinned. "She might hate me, but she's mine. The ones here aren't bad, though, so I might look into adding them into my prayer list."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:23 am
His story made Kineks sad she suddenly found herself without words. She cast her eyes downward trying to swallow and find words all at once.

"It sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this. I am glad you found another home where you can be happy." She said finally. The past wasn't what was important it was the future that they were making here, the home that was now there's... that's what mattered.

Kineks smile had grown back across her lips. She looked around and noticed the lions seemed to be settling into groups. "Oh it looks like the clans are meeting up. I suppose I should go get to know those who I will be around the most." Kineks said a nervous lilt to her voice.

"I promise to keep my eyes open for you though. Don't be a stranger okay?" she said as she began to walk towards the group of lions that made up her new clan.

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:26 am
Tiela nodded whole heartedly. "Trust me, I won't be. I wish you the best of luck with your clan." He waited until she had joined her group before joining his own. A sweet girl like Kineks would find friends in no time, and he hadn't a single doubt that by the time the next festival came around that she would be like any other Ela member.

He just hoped he could say the same.

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff