Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Tour Along the Beach (Kaiaka x Huwayda)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:52 am

It was a beautiful afternoon to be on the beach. Kaiaka found himself roaming through the lower sands in search of more odd trinkets. Still while adding to his collection the lion had to pause and wonder. Would she be around today? He had taken the new lioness into the pride and since then hadn't seen much of her.

I wonder if she'll come to this beach again? He had told her that this would be an ideal spot to meet up if she ever wanted to learn more about the ocean. Kaiaka grinned at his thoughts, "As if I'm the best swimming instructor for this." Already several lions had caught him afloat in the ocean and mistaken him for a dead body.

While he found nothing wrong with relaxing in the waves as they rolled beneath him others seemed to find it strange. Dangerous they said. More like relaxing to him. Stepping a paw into the cooler waters Kaiaka smiled. Definitely more relaxing than dangerous for him. No matter what he would love the allure of the greater waters.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:20 pm
User Image

Huwa was walking along the beach where she had met the floating lion. She had been getting to know the pride that she was now confidently calling home. She had felt a little guilty that she hadn't sought out the male she had first met here. He had been kind to her and had showed her into the pride and had said he could teach her more about the ocean and swimming if she ever wanted to know.

She padded softly along the sand, it was different than the sand from her old home. The sand her was damp and cool from the water where she was use to a dry coarse sand to be beneath her feet. She had so far been too afraid to approach the waters, instead she always admired them from a far. Now she was the closest she had been since that first day but still ten feet or so away from it. She kept her eyes peeled for the seafoam green male she had met here, it was time to start her lessons.

Sabra Knight

nessiaing

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:06 pm
nessiaing

Without realizing it Kaiaka had wandered further into the waters than planned. In fact, it was as he turned around to gaze down the beach towards the familiar shape of a lioness that a huge wave washed over him. Tasting the familiar sting of salt in his mouth the lion let the waves sweep up his paws and to toss him towards the shore. Others may have panicked or cursed when the water closed over their heads, but Kaiaka just closed his eyes and went with the flow.

Really he was more fish than lion it seemed.

But not fish enough to forget his paws. Opening his eyes Kaiaka twisted in the waves to turn around. Swimming towards the shallow waters the lion reached out to touch the damp sand of shore. There just a bit away was the lioness he had been thinking of, "Hey!" Calling out the lion offered a small grin before shaking some of the extra water from his fur.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:41 pm
Huwa felt her stomach plunge a little when a wave came up and crashed over her friends head. He remained so calm and she was in awe as he made his way up to the shore.

"Hello." Huwa greated him. "You make the whole swimming thing look so easy." she told him, a hint of nervousness ringing through her voice. She knew that wanted to learn how to swim but the whole idea was daunting. She anticipated swallowing a lot of water before she even remotely got the hang of things. It was a scary thought.

"How are you?" she asked hoping to strike up a bit of a conversation so she would have time to work up the nerves to actually do this swimming thing.

Sabra Knight

nessiaing

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:46 pm
nessiaing

"Appearances can be deceiving." Quipped Kaiaka teasingly towards the lioness, "But in this case, it's really not that far fetched." The story teller looked towards the water with a small smile. Others may have been more intimidated by the rolling ocean waves, but for him each held a bit of mystery. While he enjoyed eating fish, he was a bit envious. There was so much down below that they could see that even the best divers could never reach.

"How am I?" Kaiaka smiled as he glanced back towards Huwa, "Currently wet." As if smacking towards him for such a silly response the waves touched the sands once more behind him, "How are you? Still adjusting to everything here?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:06 pm
Huwa relaxed visibly when he engaged her in a conversation instead of moving right to a lesson part of the day. "I am settling in well." she told him her smile playing across her lips. "I have learned that I quite like fish." she said with a giggle. At first when Huwa had seen the slimy creatures that came from the sea she couldn't imagine ever eating one of those.

"Its becoming time to learn how to swim." she told him her nerves picking up again. She knew that in order to be safe and in order to really be a member of the pride it was something she had to do. "Does your offer to teach still stand?" she asked?

Sabra Knight

nessiaing

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:19 pm
nessiaing

Kaiaka smile was warm as he glanced towards the lioness, "Oh?" A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he took a step towards the ocean, "Then perhaps I should catch some for you. They're truly best when fresh from the ocean." Another chuckle escaped his throat, "But there are some strange ones for certain. Just wait until you try the many legged ones." Then the sharks and the one time that huge whale had beached on the shore...that monster had fed many from the pride and even their neighbors ate with them as well.

"Only if you feel ready enough." Kaiaka replied quietly, the first hint of seriousness flickering across his features. He wasn't one to drag anyone into the waters against their will. No, they had to be ready to embrace the waves. Just like with the old traditions...now those had been some interesting ceremonies. He remembered his own time as a juve when he too had finally learned to swim in the deeper waters.

His gaze was sincere as he glanced towards the lioness, "If you need we can start small. The tide pools are good for getting your paws wet with no real fear of the waves to take you. Plus I'm here so unless I fall asleep in the sunlight I should be around to grab you." He flashed her a grin as he teased, "Still I'm willing to go at whatever pace you need, Huwa." He was a slow paced lion who took life as it came, she was lucky for that. Another may have just thought tossing her in from the cliffs may have been the best way to teach. He almost chuckled at the thought. Okay so maybe there weren't that many who were so cruel or mischievous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:00 am
The golden lioness purred at the thought of fresh fish. She had had it pretty fresh but not as fresh as Kaiaka was offering. "I would love if you would catch me dinner some time!" she told him a clear excitement colming through in her voice. She knew that she was starting to grow feelings for the male that she had met. She wasn't sure what they meant just yet though she was still working it out in her own mind.

"Yes small sounds better." Huwa said with a nod. She really wanted to learn to swmin but waves that crashed along the shore scared her silly. Perhaps if she could get some of the basics in the tide pool she would be okay to go out into the vast ocean. She was still afraid of making a fool of herself in front of Kaiaka but she also knew that she trusted Kaiaka to teach her all she needed to know to be safe in the water. He joked about falling asleep but she had a feeling that he would never let such a thing happen.

"Lead the way?" she asked.

Sabra Knight

nessiaing

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 am
nessiaing

Kaiaka chuckled at her excitement, "It'll cost you though." The story teller winked, "I need some stories so I can keep up in my work." The lion knew many stories from the ocean lore and could quickly make up any on his own, but the thought of actually knowing about far away places intrigued him. While fantasies and myths were fun, the ideas from faraway places that had truly existed proved to be much better fodder for him. It was not rare for Kaiaka then to trade stories with passing rogues or even newcomers to the pride. The chance to hear about the deserts, especially interested him. It seemed so strange after all, a land without waters.

"Tide pools it is." The lion stretched out his front paws before nodding towards the upper beaches, "Right before the caves are a few good ones. They're deeper than others so you can actually learn what it feels like to be in the water." Others you could get your paws wet, but that wasn't enough for swimming. For a cub maybe, but he had more faith in Huwa.

As they walked he motioned towards some shells along the beach and pointed out other areas of the pride that she may have yet not heard about. It was when they arrived at the pool that Kaiaka grinned, "Oh look. Must be a lucky sign." He carefully picked up a golden starfish that had been beached and handed it to her, "For you, a good luck token that you may be able to dive with the best of us soon." It was a slight tease, but truly was his hope. For some reason it really bothered him to think of Huwa not ever swimming. It was a sad thought that someone could miss out on the beauty of the ocean.

Surely it was just because he cared about her as a fellow pride member, that was all.

Shaking off the though Kaiaka motioned towards the water, "Lionesses first." It was a pretty tide pool with crystal waters, but towards the middle it was much darker than others. Kaiaka himself could find the water covering him up to his neck on some days.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 am
Huwa followed the green male. As soon as he mentioned that his trade off for fish would be stories she automatically started searching her brain for stories that she could share with him. She had lived a fairly simple life but she was sure that he would find the stories of the hot desert interesting as the life there was by nature so different. "You have yourself a deal." she told him with a grin, already excited for the time she would spend with Kaiaka. She figured if she could keep making plans with him she would always have a chance to seem him again.

As they reached the tidal pool her breath caught. She could see that the water was deep. She stood on the edge looking into the water. She didn't want to psych herself out before she even made it into the water. Looking at Kaiaka she drew in one more deep breath before she stepped off the edge and plunged into the water.

Sabra Knight

nessiaing

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces