mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 pm
Just a hub for everyone who won a pet (Pony OR Familiar) from the lapsang war/won a "lapsang" pony in another game/wish to have a pet that ISNT from anything lapsang related connected to one of the things we talk about here to tell their ideas and see whether or not they'd like to join one of the brainstorms others have and talk about their own character and see whether or not there are like minded individuals wishing to join in. (Questors welcome!)

May eventually link to various herds

No posting yet until stated  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 pm
reserved  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:00 pm
Reserved  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:45 pm
You are now free to post your ideas/characters! Here's mine!

the pony
My boy is a WIP still, as he's my tea event freebie.

User Image

Mine is part of the "Traveling Reenactment faire" herd/troupe from the event officially, and He's
He is totally the guy who works with a team to do choreographed fights where he's the champion, challenges the audience for someone to try and defeat him, has a plant that he defeats comedicly, and then he challenges a child directly and is defeated by them all in the most hammiest ways possible.

He's an actual warrior, from generations of warriors, but... You don't always need to actually REALLY fight so for living he usually is an entertainer. Besides -- real battle is messy and dirty and violent and brings pain and sorrow to at least SOMEONE (especially since "The Great Lapsang War" his great great great great grandparents fought in was a civil war over two brothers fighting over who ends up actually ruling so it was people who you had been friends with, sometimes even family, fighting over the ideals of the brother they agreed with most), while this sort of thing is fun, entertaining, and brings joy to people.. And keeps you fit and practiced for if something actually happens that needs a hero to step in.

He also does tournaments: being a steed for a Jousting Raccoon/River otter team member working in tandum with them, ring catching with his horn or with a team member, padded fights (like with boffer weapons), races and so on

He enjoys telling tales and rallying the crowd, and on his down time, he likes collecting tea pots and scoutting out the next location for the faire to travel to.

The herd
THIS HERD IS A FAMILIAR PONY EQUALITY HERD
(Free floating familiars are more than welcome to join in!)
The Traveling Reenactment faire Troupe is a group of Ponies and familiars that basically are just a nomadic herd that sets up temporary camps near festivals, friendly herds welcome them to their territory, and so on, and open up a renfair/something similar to the Pennsic war. As it says in the raffle thread

"
Or so it seems: these 'soldiers' have been mostly enjoying mock battles in the garden with regular breaks for tea and refreshments, sparring for the entertainment of others and in their part of the garden and letting foals challenge them to battle and actively losing to the little ones with over dramatic and campy behavior. However, some of the reenactors of the "Great Lapsang War" take their trade rather seriously, and stay in steely character.

However, mostly, it is a Faire hosted by a traveling troupe of entertainers, historians, merchants and revelers . "War tents" Are filled with merchants, hocking their wares, many familiars taking advantage of the situation to sell teas, herbs, and spices as well as prepared foods and beverages and accessories, while jugglers are sometimes seen juggling tea cups and spoons. "

It isn't ALWAYS as tea focused however: they were simply 'invited' to the party and took up the theme, but they often have a tea party.

I also hope to quest at least one of the "Queens" of the troupe -- she's not an actual leader of any sort, but its her role in the 'story' of their festival. So you guys can also have queens o3ob

The Backstory/Origin

The "Lapsang Valley" was in the Eastern mountain range, up in one of the valley's shielded off before the Crisis in Gigage Awoyeni Opened up the Hippogryph and Ulun'suti lands, is a valley Kingdom dominated by Suti mixes, so bred out of the elemental blood that they no longer hold the actual powers and will often have a secondary elemental trait(typically Wood scales similar to pinecones, though other types of scales do show up, like rock/gem, different types of wood, etc.), and all had Either Water manes that taste and scent faintly like tea/other lightly flavored beverages (Admittedly, its considered poor taste to go around drinking a tea mane, especially since it depletes it much like a hair cut would and takes time to grow back much like actual hair would, unlike the wind/water mists, shadow, and light ones.) or roll like fog, Wispy smokey licks of 'smoke' for wind (can also leave a faint taste on the tongue), or smokey shadows, light, or even on rare occasions fire. Smoke, water, and shadow are the most common, while fire and light are a bit on the rarer side.

Centuries ago, the widowed king of the time died before he could choose which one of his two twin sons, Lapsang and Souchong, would be his heir. While they first lead together, the new kings had different ideas and ideals for their people, and sides were taken until war broke out between them for the right to rule.

The Great Lapsang/Souchong civil war split the kingdom in half for decades, sometimes entire families splitting in the rift. Eventually a truce was called, and the kingdom was no more, gaining instead a council, with the two brothers, now older and tired and horrified about what their rivalry had done, sitting at either side of the council, more figureheads than leaders.

The majority of the "Lapsang Souchong" soquili in the Reenactment troupe come from this kingdom, centuries after: Now the territory is peaceful, but reenactment groups still common to keep the history alive. However since venturing out into the now open world, they adapted more, and were soon joined up with merchants , creating alliances that wished to send people out with their group since their reenactments drew soquili and familiars from the near by to watch, and thus created locations for barter with for their wares, and soon it became a full on renfair.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:57 pm
IDK WHAT MINE IS YET BUT I AM EXCITED.
CC info:

Semi-Custom Info

Scales or No Scales: Scales
Sumi-E or Not?: Sumi-e
If Sumi-E is yes, Real smoke or Sumi-E style? Sumi-e

Name and Description of your favorite Tea/tea like drink: Strawberries & Cream! Black tea based. "A gorgeous blend of hibiscus petals and rosehips with apple, strawberries and yogurt brews a beautiful red infusion with a bright, sweet aroma. "

+ Floral - roses, vanilla blossom, apple blossom, strawberry flowers
+ Flower hair (either flowers layered over hair or hair turning into flowers)
+ masks
+ wood
+ x | x
+ wings
+ paws
+ elvish
+ trees
+ nature

Dislikes: + gore
+ neon
+ technology
+ modern brewing paraphernalia (fantasy teapots and cups are okay but no modern mugs etc'.)
+ bald

Colors to avoid: Neon colours, colours that don't represent spring?? idk, yellow, orange, red. baby poo / barf / camo colours.

given how.. feminine he/she may be i might make him perhaps a poet or a bard. *o*  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:13 pm
LOLTERNATIVE

Think they might be a solo traveler, forming their own group, part of the faire?

OH Additional info: The 'faire' isn't exactly a job job for most, and many can just hang out and have fun, and even those that do WORK with the fair and not just travel with it are free to travel around and have relationships with locals of whatever kind they want. And MANY of the members of it AREN'T lapsangs anymore.

Though the fair isn't exactly tolerant of evil individuals so anyone with a lapsang thats a baddy might need to form a different group or be solo? But you're more than welcome to make ones you won in the event whatever you want personality wise: the herd some of us are making is inspired by the event game because we loved how these badass looking ponies had such a fun, lighthearted backstory, not the other way around of us making a game to get members for our idea. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 pm
mindsend

likely they started off as a traveller and then decided to tag along with the herd. i imagine they'll go off on little side trips to find muses every now and then but will always come back :>  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:25 am
Gonna put my guy's info in here when I get the chance.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:43 pm
Oh oh oh, my turn!

User Image

Hinata's lapsang blood is a little bit diluted from outcrossing, but she has enough purity that both her eyes and hair glow. She has limited control over her eye glow - just enough to choose when to make them glow, but she has no control over the intensity of the glow. Her hair billows and swirls like smoke, although she tends to have very strong swirls closer to her body. She also has sparkling "stars" that wink in and out of existence around her hair.

While she has very weak healing capabilities thanks to her unicorn blood, she prefers to work in the faire as a fortune teller. She offers six different services, depending on her client's wishes - taromancy, palmistry, cleromancy, oneiromancy, scrying, and tasseography. (Or, in plain english, tarot readings, hoof/palm readings, bone casting, dream interpretation, crystal gazing, and tea readings.)

She tells her fortunes in a dark tent where she keeps the lighting dim, to further enhance the mystical effect of her glowing hair and eyes. Some of her fortune telling methods require the assistance of a familiar to handle things that require finer motor control than hooves, but she manages very well and has adapted her methods to suit her clientele with no problems.

Her sumi-e effect is self-contained, and doesn't affect anything she comes into contact with - be it other soquili or objects. Her accessories are all spirit-touched items that retain their sumi-e effect even when she's not wearing them. And she's always looking for new items to add to her inky collection! Other spirit-touched soquili and familiars can easily get readings from her in exchange for shed feathers and hair/fur clippings that retain the effect once shed.

(Truthfully, she's a pretty good fortune teller. She plays up the act for the customers at the faire, but all theatrics aside she's really good at what she does.)

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Crew

Shameless Elocutionist

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:02 pm
Pinging people from the Lapsang giveaway biggrin

I'm just curious what you guys are planning for your characters! What are your ideas for their history and origins? Are they joining any of your herds, forming any of their own? What are their personalities? Interests? Likes?

This counts for Familiars given away too: I wanna know what you guys are planning cause I'm just stupidly excited about everyone who won something. Who have they bonded to, if anyone? What are their personalities? Are they joining a herd/troupe? Setting up a shop somewhere?

*flails excitedly everywhere*

Ririka

CitrusCupcake

The Dawn of Twilight

Insane Butterfly

Revel1984

lunadriel

LOLTERNATIVE

Novacracker

-[The Spoof]-

Abysmal_Night

White Neko Chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:11 pm
Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

EE! Is this for the Lapsang Reenactment faire herd? Or does she run her own?

Hehe she'd be considered a pure lapsang by those at the faire at least. :3 <3 Though other places with "lapsangs" of their own concept might think differently. *had so much fun inking her hair*

>_> I've had way too much fun with these guys. Smoke is so much fun to draw omg.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:07 am
mindsend
Pinging people from the Lapsang giveaway biggrin

I'm just curious what you guys are planning for your characters! What are your ideas for their history and origins? Are they joining any of your herds, forming any of their own? What are their personalities? Interests? Likes?

This counts for Familiars given away too: I wanna know what you guys are planning cause I'm just stupidly excited about everyone who won something. Who have they bonded to, if anyone? What are their personalities? Are they joining a herd/troupe? Setting up a shop somewhere?

*flails excitedly everywhere*

I've been eyeing this actually, I know Shay is a little different to most Lapsang, due to his eyes. Familiar i bonded with someone else, being a birb and not lapsang style.

Shay has a 'warm' temper. He's pretty damn relaxed, it takes A LOT to get him annoyed, unless someone innocent is being hurt, or he sees someone bullying. He's rather large so he tends to be slower in his movements than most others. Just not sure exactly where he'd fit in, though i would like him to be part of the herd, i don't rp much though, i like to plot a lot.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:08 am
mindsend

She's part of the Reenactment Faire! biggrin

I wasn't sure if she'd be considered diluted or not because of her lack of scales. But good to know those in the faire don't necessarily consider scales a requirement for pure breeds!

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Crew

Shameless Elocutionist

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:22 am
I'm steeping ideas! (I'm also shy but of rp wanted I do give my babies personalities. Just a shy goober.)

So far I'm thinking mine will be big on various tea ceremonies! Serving to provide others fresh teas to enjoy and offer a service for those interested in tea ceremonies for occasions, and for good luck or meditation!

She's also very likely calm and agreeable, but won't stand for trouble in her tea room.  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff