Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[SRP] Playing Doctor (Hroovitnir, Ukombozi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:57 am
User Image
Staggering, huffing, puffing, and bleeding all over the place, Hroovitnir was trying to make his way back to his den after losing a fight horribly. It was his first duel against a rogue trying to gain entrance to the pride, and he had had the misfortune of volunteering to go up against a god spawn, and the former heir to a pride of demons (though he did not know that, they had not gotten that chatty). His entire body felt broken, and his head was throbbing. When he had come to, the giant purple lion had been gone, having won his way into the pride. Well, good for him, Hroovitnir supposed. Phlegyas certainly earned it by kicking his a**. He would have to lie in wait for a few days (or maybe weeks) to avoid being found out by his siblings as a failure. Brynhildr would be especially insufferable.

He ducked into the little cave and threw his body down, sending dust and flecks of blood into the air. He groaned and sighed. He would deal with the mess later. He heard a shuffling at the back of his den, but he was too tired to move, too broken. Was he mistaken about this being his or was someone else wrong? He rolled over, maybe it was just a small creature having the luckiest day of its life that it wandered into the den of a lion, but one who could not even lift a paw to do anything about it. He squinted into the dark, and was horrified to find it was the form of a lion, and it was walking towards him.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:32 am
User Image
"Gee, you look beat up." Ukombozi tilted her head. She walked forward from the shadows to examine Hroovitnir. He was bleeding kind of a lot… The lioness bent her head down and sniffed him.

"So you lost a fight, huh? Some master." She rolled her eyes and sat back on her haunches. She patted the top of his head with her paw.

"You gonna make it, though? You're not gonna leave me and have me running around without a master? Some big bad captain might find me and make me his thrall. I wouldn't know what to do with myself." She feigned a swoon.

"Pleeeeeeeeeaaaase master, live."  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:18 pm
Hroovitnir flinched when he head the voice, but he was flooded with relief. Oh. It was just Ukombozi. He forgot about his new roommate. Well, his thrall, rather. He flinched again when sniffed where it felt like Phlegyas tore a chunk out of his shoulders.

"Ukombozi, you are my thrall, you serve me and I protect you. You still haven't told me what you were doing laying about in the rogue lands. You are a very odd lioness, but please, I am not in the mood. Don't be rude." He growled at her and sighed, his pain constant and throbbing, but not as bad as if he was up and moving about.

"Now help me. Fetch some water and poultice. Be quick."

He felt horribly rude bossing her around like that, but she was his thrall… And if he was nice, she had already shown a propensity to not take him seriously and instead disrespect him. He really didn't need that kind of attitude right now.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:31 pm
She huffed and stepped over him without another word. She thought about cursing him, but from her understanding she'd gained being in the pride for the past couple of weeks, Hroovitnir was actually not a bad master, as far as having masters were concerned. Even Hroovitnir's grandmother had scars on her face and body from when she was captured into the pride. Ukombozi actually was becoming quite fond of Chayah. They were both the offspring of gods (though she had not told Hroovitnir and had made Chayah promise not to tell him) and both captured as thralls. Chayah was quite disappointed in her grandson, maybe someday she could get through to him to free Ukombozi.

Not to say Ukombozi would leave the pride… It was better than being on her own, she supposed. And now she had a mentor of sorts to help her cope with her visions. Her master's grandmother was like the mother figure she hadn't had most of her life. She found a makeshift jug of rainwater and bothered another thrall for some poultice and herbs in a borrowed pouch and made her way back to Hroovitnir. Yes, she supposed it could be worse.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:53 pm
Hroovitnir breathed a sigh of relief when he heard Ukombozi return. She poured the water over his wounds and smeared the poultice in the deep cuts. Without him asking, she had even gotten him some of the mint that grew in the pride for him to chew that would take his mind off some of the pain and numb him a little, too. She started off maybe a little gruff, but her touch softened, and for that he was grateful. He didn't know how he felt about keeping another lion as a thrall, but it was what the Stormborn did. And he was going to be the quintessential Reaver. Maybe even a captain someday. That'd show his family. Validate all of his choices to be a reaver and have a thrall.

Ouch. But first, he would have to heal up. His mind wandered as Ukombozi worked. Hopefully he wouldn't have long term issues with walking…  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:01 pm
Ukombozi spent the rest of the evening fussing over Hroovitnir's back and other wounds. He fell asleep under her paws but he still flinched sometimes to her touch. She tilted her head, looking at her master. She wondered if she could wander off, pretending that she was sussing out more herbs… It was possible, and if she had better control over her visions, she could probably predict the outcome, when she should try it. But… well, she didn't have full control over them yet, she supposed it wasn't the end of the world to stick around and keep working with Chayah. And Hroovitnir wasn't soooo bad, she supposed...

the end
word count: 1010

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out