Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:16 pm
User Image

Ragnvard often wandered quite some distance from his homeland. After all as a Captain he led the many Vikings his Reavers participated in, and many of those he scouted out first. But on this occasion he had simply got a touch of wonderlust and had set out in a random direction. Now he had found himself in what was clearly the land of another pride. One that was a long way from the Stormborn. Typically Ragnvard would be looking for opportunities to take advantage of the situation, but this time the Captain rather felt like taking a vacation from reaving and simply enjoying a rare holiday, so to speak. Take in the local fauna.. Maybe find some company... And then go on his merry way again. That wasn't to say he wouldn't come back some other time with his Reavers, but that day was simply not today...

For the time being he was intent on finding out just who this pride was and what they were like... Striding along the Stormborn Captain did cut an impressive figure. With his jet black mane and deep russet red coat. His many scars worn as badges of honour, proclaiming his prowess as a warrior, as if his stance and confidence didn't already give enough of a hint. His mane was adorned with braids and trinkets, giving him both an exotic and rather fearsom appreance, displaying the spoils of war he had won throughout his career as a Viking warrior.

Padding along, head held high as he scanned the nearby area, he seemed perfectly at ease in this strange new land,

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:45 pm
Tanakako

User Image

She had made up her mind! After a brief conversation with Iraeneus, she had decided that a brief jaunt into the unknown would do her no harm and it would probably give her the much needed excitement she craved. The only thing that her mentor had stipulated was that there were some region he had heard of that she really shouldn't go near. Apparently there were more than a few slightly unpleasant locations and she could land herself in a spot of bother if she was none too careful.

Thus, she had gathered a few little trinkets, mostly for trade, as she never knew when someone might want payment for a 'service' rendered. Gathered her wits, and set off towards the border... only to set her gaze on an approaching and very out of place figure.

Good gods, another one? She wondered incredulously as he continued to pace towards her, his size similar to that of the Tianxia lions that had come to the pride. Admittedly, Ragnvard seemed to be around Prideland size, but that was an anomaly whenever you weren't from here.

Hmm...

Raising a brow, the lioness continued forward after her very brief pause. She might as well get a decent look at him before she headed off, the other lions that had arrived had been pretty intriguing, he might be the same!

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:02 pm
It was hard to miss the shimmering white female walking towards him. And indeed it seemed that she had noticed him in return. Her slightly surprised and incredulous expression was not the usual reaction his presence gernered. Intrigued and with no one else within eye sight, he angled his steps just slightly, so he was headed directly towards her. Once close enough to converse without shouting, he gave her a nod of greeting. "Greetings. May I enquire as to who this land belongs to?" He was taking a gamble, even if it wasn't a very risky one being as she was coming towards him from what he assumed was the centre of this pride's land. But she could be a rogue, though it was highly unlikely. Even so there was a good chance she would know the area better than he did, since he knew absolutely nothing about it yet.

She certainly was a pretty lass, big too, compared to many of the half starved rogues he usually saw while away from home. He was pretty sure she was a pride member though, which would explain her glossy coat and bright eyes. Interested he offered an easy, confident smile. Maybe he could get her talking and learn a bit more about this land and its inhabitants. If he were lucky, she may even agree to spending a bit of time with him. The prospect of her company was certainly greatly appealing.

Epine de Rose
Pardon my typos! DX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:10 pm
Tanakako

Huh, so not one of those Tianxia lions then? She blinked twice at his query and glanced behind her, perhaps a rogue then, but he seemed different. Well, something was off, she'd seen rogues before and they were rather small (for want of a better description). A turn-up for the books to be sure, if he wasn't who she expected him to be then she'd already started her trip well...even if she hadn't actually stepped into the unknown just yet.

"This is the Pridelands," she said finally, remembering that he had asked her a question and was entitled to an answer. Admittedly she was somewhat surprised that he didn't know the answer given the historical significance of the land itself but... who was she to judge? It wasn't as if she knew what was out there, maybe he came from so far away that the identity and history of this particular land were unknown.

Still she did have to ask...

"If you're from the uh..." she paused thoughtfully, "Tia...Tianxia?" she nodded, that was the one. "And you're lost, then you found the right place, your fellows are here at the moment," she confirmed. "They're a few hours walk in, actually."

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:25 pm
For as much as he was studying her, she seemed to be examining him with equal interest, and perhaps even just as much confusion. Amused by their unusual standoff he moved a little closer, to a more comfortable speaking distance.

Her answer didn't surprise him, as he had asked for it, but he still drew a blank on who these 'Pridelanders' actually where. At least he hadn't heard of them in any notable way which meant it was unlikely that they were an aggressive pride. So.. a peaceful pride then. That was something, his first snippet of information. Not that he was particularly intent on learning everything there was to know about these Pridelanders. He was actually more interested in learning about this Pridelander in particular.

"Tianxia?" He couldn't help but reply, parrot fashion, as her next words jarred him back to their conversation. "No... I am not... that." Was it a pride? It must be, and actually if he thought about it, they did sound kind of familiar... Though he could not for the life of him recall where he had heard that name before. Still, it was of less interest to him than the female so he shook his head slightly and offered a bit of information up himself.

"I am from the Myrsky Syntynyt. Captain Ragnvard at your service." Dropping his head he swept a low, regal bow before raising with a grin. "I was walking by when I scented your pride, so I came to investigate." He did not mention that he wasn't on a Viking, as that would require him to explain what a Viking was, and somehow he got the notion that the pale lioness might not appreciate such a thing. And maybe she would mistake his visit as something more sinister, which actually may be true.. But since he hadn't yet decided if he was going to return with his Reavers, it would be a waste to scare her off so soon.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:37 pm
Tanakako

"Welp," she said in a rather blunt tone, "There isn't a hope in the heavens I'll ever be able to say that name right," she remarked. "The pride I mean, Ragnvard is easy," she amended and shook her head, her ears flattening briefly as her mind swept over the stormborn name and had to wonder if it was actually a real word, or if he was in fact screwing with her. If it was a real word then they really needed to work on that...unless they weren't big on inclusion, in which case, by all means...have a crazy name.

"But uh, I guess if you aren't one of the Tianxia then your folks aren't here," she concluded and rolled her shoulders, finally returning to the topic at hand. "They came here to provide additional expertise," she murmured thoughtfully. "All military born, strapping males, all very impressive and all that," she waved her paw almost dismissively at the thought. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy looking at them, she just didn't see the need for them to be there.

"Apparently we need to sit on the unwelcome harder," she mused and then grinned at the picture in her head. The concept of sitting on an invading rogue was an amusing one, she was certainly big enough to disarm a few of them in that manner at least. "Perhaps we'll start wearing rocks around our necks to add a bit more weight, no?"

"I guess I'll start a new fashion trend when I get back," she remarked.

"But what brings you here, looking for someone else and just happened to be lucky? Although how you missed us until now I'll never know we're quite big...both in number and stature."

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:50 pm
Her blunt manner of speaking was very refreshing, and he couldn't help but smile at her unguarded comment. "Truthfully, it is rather a tongueful.." He agreed with a chuckle. "We call ourselves the Stormborn generally. It is easier to remember too."

He listened as she spoke. She might not have intended to give him so much information about this other pride, but he was glad. They certainly sounded more of a threat than the Pridelanders themselves. Especially if they had warmongers in their pride. Her turn of phrase had him grinning, the image of her sat on some poor passer by was indeed amusing. Though he assumed she meant the Tianxia strangers were there to train her own kin to fight. An interesting tidbit to be sure and one that he would report back home. But for now there was no rush.

"I shoudn't think rock wearing would be very practical.. " He offered in reply, an amused smile curling across his muzzle. "But no, I was simply passing by and happened to run into you. Though I am very glad I did. My homeland is a long way from here. We live at the edge of the ocean. I am taking a little time to simply explore, and since I have never been out to this part of the land I decided to find out what was out here... I found you." He added, a warm and slightly playful smile once again appearing. It made the rather imposing male look less severe.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:02 pm
Tanakako

Stormborn?

For some reason there was a little part of her mind that was dinging, she was supposed to have heard that before but she couldn't quite recall why. Well, if it was important it was bound to come back at some point, but for now it seemed to have been more of a tidbit of information that anything. It'd come to her eventually, it'd be fine!

"Rock wearing is exceedingly practical if done right," she said matter-of-factly and raised a brow in a haughty fashion, though it was clearly meant to be teasing. "Well, I'm assuming it will be practical when done right," she continued and sat on her haunches, raising her paws to point at his shoulders. "The only requirement is that you aren't scrawny and have a decent level of fitness," she continued.

"Just wait and see, I'll make it happen." she finished and leant forward. "Heck I'll even come to your stormborn and show you all how it's really done. I'll take the place by..." she paused "Storm..." she said with a smirk.

"That is horrifically cheesy, I expected better from myself," she mused and then cackled. "And just when you though you had found someone wonderful, you meet me! HA!" she fell backwards and rolled onto her stomach. "Take the place by storm."

"Geddit?"

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:14 pm
He couldn't help himself. She was strange and unusual and probably bad for his health, but he found himself fascinated by her. She was unique and interesting in a way he had never discovered before now. Indeed he was shocked to find himself laughing, not the cold calculated sound he usually made but a deep, husky, unusual kind of mirth that felt as if it came from a different place deep inside.

Grinning as she fell backwards and rolled, he padded froward till he almost stood over her, peering down with the remains of his rare laugh rumbling still within his chest. "On the contrary... I think I have indeed met someone both fascinating and intriguing. And I will be waiting for you to come and reveal this rock-wearing idea of yours." His grin remained as he watched her, golden eyes amused. "You may actually be onto something with this rock idea of yours... Though not for sitting on rofpgues.. " Making a low, thoughtful sound he smiled. She had actually given him an idea for reaver training... Now that was not something h head expected to discover on this trip.. In fact if anyone who actually knew him had seen him in that moment, they would have thought he had taken leave of his senses.

After a moment he returned to something she had mentioned a moment ago, as it had caught his attention and he was really rather curious about this lioness. She had definitely caught his attention.. "You are leaving your pride?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:28 pm
Tanakako

"Haaaa take you all by storm," she repeated and gigglesnorted. "I'm so funny, I crack myself up," she murmured and then peered thoughtfully at him as he came closer. She had intended the entire thing as a joke, even though she was aware that there was some logic and method behind her madness. Afterall, she knew she was exceedingly large for a lioness and as a consequence, very heavy... But she hadn't gone much further than that when it came to her train of thought.

...Although folks did wear shiny pebbles, those were rocks.

"Oh well, colour me surprised," she continued and then waved a paw. "Actually don't, I'm colourful enough already," she remarked and shook her head. "I don't need any more butterflies," she continued before sitting upright once more. "It would ruin that minimalist look I'm going for," she finished in a deadpan fashion.

Then she grinned.

"But yes I'm leaving for a while, advice of my mentor," she said in a more direct manner. She temporarily placed her good humour to the side and waved her paw to the great beyond. "I was complaining that I was horribly bored and well... what better way to entertain yourself than to go on an adventure?" she enquired, mostly rhetorically.

"So he told me where I probably shouldn't go and where we apparently have some nice connections so... Why not? It sounds like it'll be a hoot, especially if I get to land more puns on those poor, unsuspecting souls!"

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:11 pm
He couldn't help but simply listen to her, fascinated by her rather random thought patterns and unique sense of humour. She was indeed one of a kind. "I happen to rather enjoy your humour, and your butterflies.." He finally offered, his grin having not abated the whole time she had been talking.

Shaking his head in amusement he glanced behind himself, out towards where she had indicated with her paw. Returning golden eyes towards her he chuckled. "Indeed so. Then may I propose an alliance? I would very much like to come with you for a time. TravIling alone is fine but I have been doing that for the past few weeks. I would enjoy some company and it would be a shame to part ways so soon." Tilting his head he smirked slightly. "And you would be safe if you wanted to explore a less savoury part of the land, while with me." He wasn't going to brag, but killing a dozen hyena was an every day occurrence for a Stormborn, and Ragnvard had no qualms about doing so without his Reavers with him.

Epine de Rose
Sorry! The internet here crashed and then I fell asleep. Apparently after midnight the hotel turns it off or something?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:51 pm
Tanakako
xD It's all good, I knocked out as well cause it was like...midnight?

"Oh really?" she wiggled her eyebrows at him as she processed his compliments and then patted down her chest fur with her paws. "Just as well really, because I'm fabulous," she pointed out merrily, lifting one paw for a moment to examine it.

It wasn't long before her expression became thoughtful. While she had taken her mentors advice to heart, there had always been a rebellious streak there and if this strapping fellow was offering to let her wander around in less savoury regions with an assurance she wouldn't lose her head then surely she could take advantage of that? It would be part of the adventure, and if she got some cuts and bruises on the way then fair enough, right?

"And all you want is to keep me company, eh?" she eyed him and raised a brow. "No trinkets, no hidden fine print where I end up as your slave for the next ten years until I figure out what your real name is?" she continued. "Cause I'd find that out real quick, I bet you talk in your sleep. I'd know all your deepest, darkest secrets by the first week and you'd be scuppered," she pointed out warningly.

"Literally just 'let me enjoy your company and I'll punch the bad guys for you'," she summarised. "That's it?"

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:01 am
He would have agreed with her but he figured she already had the whole self-confidence thing down pat so he just grinned, both amused and intrigued by her.

He let her consider his proposal for a moment, fairly sure she would agree but, unusually, he was willing not to push the subject. If she turned him down? Well, he would try and entice her into changing her mind, but for some weird reason he actually wanted her to say yes all on her own. Her question prompted another of the new type of laughter from him, golden eyes amused as he nodded.

"That's it. No hidden tricks. I happen to enjoy punching bad guys. To do so in service to a lady such as yourself just makes it all the more appealing." He grinned. She might think him rather bloodthirsty, but she was right. He had just offered to beat up random strangers on her behalf so... He figured there was no point in hiding it.

"So, deal?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:46 am
Tanakako

"Well, I'd be an absolute fool not to take advantage of this bargain," she said with no indication of doubt or hesitation. If there was no fine print, then she wasn't going to find herself in a rather sorry state of affairs later when he went 'by the way' and caught her off guard. All she had to do was allow him to bask in her glory and in return he'd look imposing and ensure nobody got in her way - it was a smashing arrangement.

...granted, she could probably take care of herself, but why expend that much energy when she could utilise someone else for a time? It was efficient use of resources and she was always good at efficiency, it was how she had achieved such a level of laziness in the first place!

"But I get to pick the direction," she continued.

She paused momentarily and squinted. "Although do be sure to take your leave if we wander too far from wherever you happened to be going, it would be an inconvenience for you to have to back track for no reason."

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:09 am
Chuckling at her exclamation he nodded, motioning with a paw for her to pick a direction. "Of course! It is after all, your adventure. I am just here as muscle." Grinning in amusement he shifted round so he was facing in roughly the same direction as she was, which put him closer to her side. Looking back at her he tipped his head. "I wasn't actually going anywhere in particular, believe it or not. I was just walking, seeing what was out here while taking a break from my pride and duties. So... I can go anywhere you wish to."

He had surprised himself with this little excursion, but so far he was incredibly happy with the result. He would enjoy some time with her, maybe show her a little of the darker side to the roguelands, and then escort her home. Maybe they would stay together for a few days before he took his leave. For once he was simply happy to go with the flow and see where this would lead.

Epine de Rose

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces