[PRP] Cover of Darkness (Solenn x Areo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:05 am
AstoriaFallen

Let no one say that Xenon's line weren't hard headed and stubborn! It had been due to her father's indignation and fury that there had been more than a few changes in the pride, and it was only to be expected that his children would inherent this. Coupled with her mother's fiery demeanour, and unwavering determination, and you had a rather volatile mix which would have screamed 'trouble' to any individual who might have been observing this particular lioness over the last few months.

Time and time again she had been denied her requests and she had been forbidden to leave pridal lands without any legitimate reason. They had simply told her that they knew better, that she should return to her studies and more importantly, to drop the issue. Unsurprisingly she had decided not to drop the issue, but rather than fight a losing battle in which she talked to two very solid walls, she had decided that it was in her best interests to do as she pleased.

...She was an adult after all.

Thus, over the course of a number of weeks she had carefully monitored the guards of the pride. She had noted when they arrived at their posts, when they exchanged positions, and the very small time frame in which she had to slip away unnoticed. When she had done this the preparations were then made - when the time was right she was going to make a run for it and by the time they noticed she was gone, it would be too late to follow her.

She was going to go on her adventure!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:45 pm
Epine de Rose

Whenever one hears the name Neltharion they tend to shudder and head for the hills. At least that was what Areo had gathered from stories from others. It would seem that his b*****d father was a bit of an a** to everyone. It made his claws curl as he thought of how he and his siblings came into the world. Bokoboko didn't deserve the fate she had been given when his father had captured her from Primitus, her true mate.

But such is life. His mothers kind soul and somehow overrode that lustful need for hatred and destruction, though he did get very strong urges about some things in particular and he knew that he would kill for them.

However, that wasn't why he was here because he was searching for someone, though he wasn't entirely in the right spot yet.

He was somewhere close by he gathered. It just seemed to him he was getting close. It seemed though, that fate was in his paw for a brightly colored lioness stuck out in the darkness of the night and cleared his throat as he tended to blend quite well, minus his bright accents. "Greetings!" He called out softly so as to not startle her.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:52 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Assssssdafuuutsssskkkkkkkkkwat!?" The lioness blurted out the incoherent sentence, positively leaping out of her skin as the practically invisible lion came out of nowhere. Evidently, she did not have keen senses of observation and in her surprise she skittered away from him, tripped over an unseen stump, and slammed head first into one of the bushes. It was hardly the most dignified introduction one could have had to another individual, but this was what happened when something was invisible one moment and then suddenly there.

It didn't take long for her to 'recover' though, in the sense that she pulled herself out of the bush, shook her head where she stand began to pad down the fur on her chest as if she was removing dust. He hadn't scared any unborn kittens out of her, no sir, she was fine, absolutely fine.

"Where did you come from?" she asked incredulously, her tone breathy as her eyes attempted to focus on what little of him she could see.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:05 pm
Epine de Rose

Her reaction wasn't one he had been expecting at all. Nor was it he had ever experienced before so when she just about jumped out of her skin and muttered a highly incoherent phrase and tripped over herself into some shrubbery not to far away it took every ounce of dignity he had to not burst out in laughter.

A chortled chuckle did escape his maw however.

He understood why she might have reacted as such, he was a very large lion, and he probably came out of no where to her. He caught her emphasis on the word 'you' when she emerged from the brushes and brushed herself off.

He chuckled. "I came from over that way." He said motioning behind him, though he wasn't entirely sure if she could see him all that well. "Sorry if I startled you, I forget I blend in so well at night." He attempted to salvage this a little bit at least.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm
AstoriaFallen

"That way," she repeated dryly, indicating she could not see, as he may have feared. Nevertheless, she seemed to accept the answer in some form and settled down. She no longer felt her fur raising and the little flutter in her chest had dissipated, but by Bahari himself she would have much preferred if people didn't leap out at her in quite the same fashion!

Aye aye aye...

"But wait," there was a hint of suspicion in her voice and she flattened her ears, regarding the still 'invisible' lion carefully. "Are you sure you weren't sent by my father?" she demanded. She hadn't met everyone in the pride yet, for all she knew this particular male could have been a sneaky border guard she hadn't accounted for and that would make her plans exceedingly difficult.

Damn. Was he on to her?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:26 pm
Epine de Rose

She didn't seem to question his answer at all but he could sort of tell she was blinder than a bat in this darkness, at least when it came to seeing him against the dark background. He was mostly certain she COULD in fact see, it was just hard to notice him.

Totally understandable.

An unseen brow raised and he looked at her as words escaped her mouth and then he laughed at her question. He hadn't meant to, but he most certainly didn't know who her father was and he surely wasn't sent by him. "Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but no. I was not. Nor do I know who your father is, let alone who you are."

He was rather amused at this point, but he figured he could introduce himself now. "My name is Areo. May I know your name?" He would very much like to know who he had nearly scared out of her fur.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:41 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Woooooo!" her outburst was one of delight as he reassured her that she was not in fact being watched. However this was quickly followed by a dramatic 'shhhhh!' to herself to indicate that she should not have spoken so loudly for fear of attracting attention. It wasn't uncommon for passersby to converse on their way, but a delighted squeal would never do her any favours and she'd be in a heap of trouble if they found her now.

"That's fabulous news," she confirmed and padded a little closer to him, enough so that she could see his outlign properly. It gave her a rough idea of how big he was and what she was 'up against' so to speak.

"I can give you my name," she said slowly and narrowed her eyes, leaning her head up to try and look at him nose to nose. "But you have to promise to keep it a secret."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:48 pm
Epine de Rose

She sure was a live wire, though it kind of matched her coloration. Bubbly personality, bubbly coloring. It just fit. He liked it. He shook his head as she shushed herself and he finally began to piece together the whole picture. "You're not supposed to be out here are you?" It was more of a statement than a question.

As she got closer he could see her coloring a little better, it was pleasing to the eyes right now, though he was sure she popped in the sunlight. "Well, I assure you, I have no one to give it to." He said with a smile as she tried to get nose to nose with him. "But I promise not to tell."

He was kind of curious why she was so close but he didn't budge. She was intriguing to him and he liked to let things play out. He had that luxury.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Hmmm," she squinted at him, still suspicious of his intentions and then nodded as if deciding that he was trustworthy, such was her naivety. "My name is Solenn," she whispered very quietly. "Shhhh!" she added and clapped her paws on to his nose before glancing left, then right, she to be on the safe side. It was almost as though she was acting out a scene from some ridiculous comedy sketch and now, Areo had the unfortunate pleasure of being in on it.

"You're right," she said at last and dropped her paws again, sitting on her hunkers and dusting off her chest once more. "I'm not supposed to be here," she confirmed and looked about her once again. "You see," she applied the pause for dramatic effect (obviously), and then leant in again with another of her conspiratorial 'shh's. "I'm going on an adventure, and no one is allowed to find out or it will ruin the surprise," she explained.

"So shhh, you have to swear on Bahari that you won't tell anyone or he'll eat your tail while you sleep!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:10 pm
Epine de Rose

Being sized up by the female wasn't all that pleasant but he knew that there was no harm in her. So he allowed her to squint without making a fuss out of it. Solenn, reminded him of the sun and kind of matched her personality so it was kind of interesting how that worked out.

Without warning her paws were clasped over his face and he was staring down at her as he watched her 'search for enemies' or whatever it was she was looking for.

Yea. She wasn't supposed to be out here.

He nodded his head as she sat down and spoke and then went into this dramatic flare and explained about her going on an adventure. "Well, no one likes a surprise to be ruined. Where exactly are you going?" He asked curiously rubbing his nose where her paws had been earlier.

He smiled and made and X motion over his chest. "I swear on the Bahari that I won't tell anyone or he'll eat my tail while I sleep?" He was he? Who would eat his tail? This amused him.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:15 pm
AstoriaFallen

"May you never break your vow," she said in solemn tones and bowed her head in a rather reverent fashion. To anyone in her family, they would have promptly rolled over and lost all dignity at her antics, but Areo had not yet had the pleasure of encountering the rest of her kin. "Otherwise you will have a stumpy butt and be the shame of your pride," she continued. "And we wouldn't want that, stumpy tails are bad for balance," she warned.

As for where she was going...

"I will go..." she drifted off and pointed in a random direction. "That way, because I go where the wind blows," she explained. She was being rather literal in those moments too, given that the sea breeze was in fact blowing in that particular direction. "So I shall follow it and go on an adventure to far off lands to meet all the exciting creatures."

"Like those things with really long necks, or the ones that are all stripey and bleat!"

That would be a giraffe and a zebra then...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:37 pm
Epine de Rose

"No worries here, I assure you." He said with a bow of his head in return to hers. He then raised a brow and looked at her rather curiously as she spoke. He wondered if everyone in this pride was much like her. At least there was never a dull moment around this girl.

"Well I hope that wherever the wind leads you, it keeps you safe from harm." He figured he could at least say that much to her. He had no idea where she planned on going or what she was planning on doing. He did hope she didn't run into someone who was less nice like him.

She'd be eaten alive.

Was she just trying to describe a giraffe and a zebra? "Well, when you meet one you must surely have it stick out it's tongue." He said talking about the giraffe as their tongues were simply something else. "Well, you should leave now as I feel as though i've been holding you up and as with most prides, your guards should be coming around soon yes?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:48 pm
AstoriaFallen

She gasped. Oh dear she'd forgotten about the time!

She'd been keeping careful watch over the moon to make sure she wouldn't be caught off guard and here she was, doing exactly that. He was right, if she didn't move her backside soon there would be a change of the guard and she'd be stuck. It would end in tragedy and she would be confined to the depths of the den, never to see daylight ever again. It was almost like something straight from a fairy tale!

"The wind will look after me," she said with a firm nod and then opened her mouth in a silent 'oh' of realisation. Actually, this lovely gentleman's appearance could be used to her advantage and he didn't even know it!

"You know if you want to head straight through, we don't mind," she said finally and pointed further in. "There's a lot of beach walk ways that can take you all over the place, even to the Kizingo'zaa," she continued and grinned. "They make great jewellery there," she added. "Maybe get yourself something sparkly so you don't creep up on folks like that again."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:01 pm
Epine de Rose
Fin?

He was glad he could help get her moving towards her cause, he was sure her adventure would be a good one. Though he wasn't to sure she'd be gone entirely that long. Though he didn't know her that well so who was he to make guesses?

He smiled at her and gazed in the direction that she pointed. A beach huh? It seemed to be he was heading in the right direction after all and he was most certain he had heard the name Kizingo'zaa somewhere before. "I thank you for your hospitality and I'll be sure to check out some of their wares. I'm sure we don't need me scaring anyone else in the darkness." He said giving her a bow of his head. "Perhaps we shall meet again sometime Solenn. Farewell and safe travels." With that he turned and started to head off in the direction she had so kindly pointed out for him.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas