Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:51 pm
Who: Yves, Oliver
Where: A bustling coffee shop/bookstore.
When: Midday
Weather: Sunny but with a slight breeze, leading to a chill in the air.

There were two things that were great on their own: coffee and books. Together, they were the closest Yves felt he had ever come to Heaven.

Sitting near the back corner at a small, round table, Yves drummed his fingers idly as he read the most recent book he had obtained from the library - What to Expect When You're Expecting. It was of course about human children -- babies -- but he still figured it couldn't hurt to read up on the subject as much as possible. He had to educate himself somehow.

The coffee shop was an extension of the bookstore, not nearly as large as the bookstore itself but still a decent little space to drink coffee and read. Some were on their laptops, others just sitting and chatting quietly among themselves. The quietness of a bookstore was soothing, and being surrounded by other people in a controlled, calm setting was relaxing for him.

Although sunlight lit through the swiftly changing trees outside, the accompanying breeze lent a chill that caused Yves to wear his heavier coat, a deep maroon buckled down the front with ivory clasps. His jeans were a little old but the most comfortable, and his boots matched his coat so he felt safe in his fashion choices for the day. Normally he would also don a scarf, but he left it in favor of a dark brown turtleneck that was roughly 60% snuggly and 40% cuddly. To say he had been awaiting Autumn with bated breath was an understatement.

Honey brown eyes blinked and looked up when he thought he heard his name called. The woman at the counter looked around quickly, then down to the coffee. He waited, but instead of repeating the name she then called, "Pumpkin pie breve, blended, double shot!"

Yves instantly perked up and rose to grab his coffee, his book tucked under his arm. He had been waiting all year for pumpkin coffee to re-enter his life, and as he approached the counter he couldn't help but beam at the coffee that sat on the counter. He had ordered the biggest size drink, topped with whipped cream and loads of cinnamon on top. It was their most popular drink already, since September had begun, but Yves didn't think to confirm it was actually his before reaching for the drink.

When his hand bumped into another's, he let out a small noise of confusion and looked up at the face of another man who had reached for the same drink. He blinked once, twice, and then his face fell into his signature frown. Pausing only for a second to think, he managed a slightly uncomfortable, "Ah... er... is this yours? Or... mine?"

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:26 pm
Oliver had been in the coffee shop for close to an hour now and only just ordered himself a drink five minutes before because of how engrossed he was in this book. It was an adventure/romance novel, a rather unconventional one at that, and he just couldn't put it down once he'd started. The protagonist was a wealthy young man who'd left it all behind to pursue a life at sea, only to find himself kidnapped by pirates, the captain of which slowly falls for him. So far, everything about their romance had been dramatic, espescially the sword fights.

He looked up, slowly, as the barista called out and at first questioned getting up for his drink at all in favor of continuing his reading, but eventually rose. It would be a waste of money not to take it, as well as a waste of time for the barista who made it. He didn't want to coffee to be tossed out because he was too involved with his story.

However, when his hand bumped into Yves', he almost felt as though he'd made a mistake by getting up. The professor paused, rubbed the back of his head, and managed a laugh.

"Whoops! It must be yours, I only ordered mine a minute or so ago." He replied, offering Yves a smile.

"Oliver?" The Barista called, holding out a smaller cup.

"Right here, thank you!" Oliver chimed, taking his cup and turning his attention back to Yves. "Sorry about bumping into you! I guess we were both eager to get our pumpkin fix, huh?"

Logue
THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT ILU

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:06 am
"Oh, ah... er." Yves unceremoniously mumbled something about coffee before apologizing, his face awash in a faint red hue. "Sorry! I suppose I really was excited."

"To be honest, I have been waiting for this drink all year," Yves added, smiling sheepishly at the drink that was now in his hand. It probably made him sound a little pathetic, but when life was stressful, it really was the small things that added up in order to brighten one's day. He hesitated, and then gave Oliver a small smile in return. "But you have good taste, monsieur. I should have gotten a smaller drink like you did." He gave his coffee a light shake.

Instinctively, he checked for the book under his arm, then looked back over his shoulder at the book bag he had left at his table in the corner. It would be just like him to get distracted and get his things stolen, wouldn't it?

Once he confirmed that everything was in its place, he sucked in a breath and straightened his back. "Er, my name is Yves," he began, and tucked the baby book underneath his arm more securely before offering that hand for Oliver to shake. "Sorry again about that. I get a little ahead of myself, sometimes..."

Lavender Hues
SSHHH IT'S OKAY DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT BB YOU DO YOU MAN I HAVE ALL THE PATIENCE IN THE WORLD <333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:42 am
"There's no shame in it, I've been waiting for it myself." Oliver replied, laughing. He looked to the cup as Yves mentioned it and arched a brow. Well, he didn't consider this a small size. Everything was getting larger these days, and what he considered small was no longer in production anymore. Despite this, he smiled at Yves. "Ah, I could've gotten a larger cup, but I worried that it would be too much. Thank you though."

As Yves looked back at his things, Oliver took a moment to do that same. He'd left his book page down on the table and his bag slung across the chair under his coat, but nothing appeared to be disturbed. However, he had his wallet and cards safe in his pant pocket just to be safe.

"Nice to meet you, Yves! I'm Oliver." He said, shaking his hand as it was offered. "And don't worry about it. I wasn't being observant, either."

However, just as he finished speaking, he noticed the titled of the book under Yves' arm. What to Expect When You're Expecting? He grinned.

"Oh, are you expecting?" He asked, motioning to the book.

Logue

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:22 am
Yves rolled the name around in his mind; Oliver. It reminded him of olives, which were green. Like his eyes. Easy enough to remember. He beamed.

"Oh, this?" Yves looked down at his book and then held it up. "Er... sort of. I would not say I am going to be a father in the traditional sense, but... well, adopting, sort of?" He couldn't help but grimace at himself for that sorry excuse for an answer. How could he explain the lab quickly and without looking weird?

All in all, Gaia was a strange place. It wasn't so weird that Raevans existed. But when Yves had thought of how he would be becoming a parent soon, he never would have imagined splicing together two things to create one in a test tube. Technology certainly was amazing.

"This is a shot in the dark, but have you ever heard of a place called Lab 305?" he asked, tilting his head. It couldn't hurt to ask, could it? His eyes watched Oliver's own, closely, hoping for some kind reaction. He secretly wished for more people to talk about it with. It was so hard to keep it all to himself.

Besides, Oliver obviously had good taste in coffee, so he couldn't be bad.

Lavender Hues
I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT PIDGE I AM A BAD BEAR PLEASE FORGIVE MEEEE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:52 pm
Oliver's expression shifted to that of curiosity as Yves grimaced. Adoption wasn't something to make a face at, it was a wonderful thing! ... Unless the process was going slowly or, worse, not going through at all. The professor held his breath at the thought and straightened himself out a bit in anticipation for a tale of frustration with birth parents and legal expenses, before lighting up into a grin at Yves' next sentence.

"Why, uh, yes! Yes I have!" He exclaimed, nodding eagerly. "I've attended a few functions hosted by them in the past, but haven't yet made a permanent standing for myself. I hope to change that in future, though!"

His thoughts went back to the few events he'd gone to and a blush crossed his cheeks. He'd come to those events so ready to meet people and learn about the lab, but always left before he had the chance to speak to anyone. He blamed his own awkwardness, of course, and tried again the next time he saw a memo in his inbox. Experience alone didn't seem to be helping him very much, though.

"Ah, if you don't mind me asking," He continued, his lips pursing. "what's the process like? To adopt a Raevan?"

Logue
HONEY I DIDN'T REPLY TO THIS RP FOR ALMOST HALF A YEAR PLEASE DON'T BE SORRY

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:54 pm
"Oh... oh!" Yves' face lit up and his eyebrows raised. "You do know about it! Well!" He fiddled his thumbs together, thinking.

"If you like, I can -- I can join you at your table, perhaps? Or you could come to mine? I know how hard it is to even begin the process of adopting a Raevan." Yves looked away and shrugged, memories of his soul capture attempts and stresses flooding back to him. "Hard, but... very rewarding, I think." He looked back at Oliver with a slightly more confident look.

"But if I had to briefly summarize it..." Yves brushed his thumb against his own bottom lip, thinking again. "Stressful? Ahahaah. Sorry. But it is also very exciting. Having a fel essence alone is, well... something. They can be so unpredictable, you know? Mine was pretty behaved, though."

He had already sent his fel essence and gathered soul back to the lab a few months ago, but it had felt like only yesterday that the soul bottle had filled with that greyish-blue swirl. To hold a soul in his hands was an experience unlike any other, and he doubted he would ever know that kind of feeling again. Yves blinked, his memories once again threatening to hover back to the surface. He had tried not to think about it too much, but to no avail.

"I am sorry. I don't mean to scare you," he said with an apologetic look. "It really is worth it. One hundred percent. If you are ready to adopt, or have a roommate, or... whatever the case, I think you can't go wrong with the lab."

Lavender Hues
IT'S OKAY WE GOT THIS WE GOT THIS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:12 pm
Hard, but very rewarding? That sounded like a basic summary of any adoption process to Oliver. However, after listening to what followed, adopting a Raevan sounded far from basic. Though, they weren't the same as ordinary children. It was probably perfectly reasonable for the process to be complicated because of that.

"... I see." He replied, pensively. "So, fel essences are unstable things? I have to admit I've heard the term once or twice, but I never actually learned anything about them. I must be so far out of the loop."

He gave a nervous laugh and shook his head.

"No need to apologize, I'm eager to learn all I can!" He said, offering Yves a smile. "... I mean, as long as you don't mind me asking a few questions. I wouldn't want to be a bother!"

Logue
WE GOT THIS GOOD

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:34 pm
Yves let out the breath he'd been holding in his chest. Oliver was exactly where he had been some time ago. If he hadn't had a heart-to-heart with Zeke about his own hesitations and apprehensions, Yves didn't know what he might have done. Adopting a Raevan wasn't just picking one out and getting to know them, it was helping to create one. He offered Oliver a kind smile.

"Any way I can help, I am more than happy to," Yves replied, sweeping his arm out to the side. He gestured toward his table. "Would you like to join me? I was going to try to get through this stuffy book, but I would much rather answer any questions you'd like to throw at me."

Internally, Yves couldn't help but congratulate himself on his own boldness. Talking to people wasn't necessarily difficult, but he had been under quite a bit of stress the past year or so, so being able to reach out to help someone else was... refreshing.

Before he forgot, he added, "But the fel essences are contained. You do not need to worry about them as long as you keep them in their containers. They just... well, mine was kind of scary." He chuckled, albeit nervously. "I mean, a living bone? Although I do love Halloween, so... it was kind of fitting, too. You just never know what you will get."

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:46 pm
"I would be delighted, thank you." Oliver replied, letting out a breath of his own. "I was actually engrossed in my book, but this is far more important. I can pick up right where I left off later."

He wasn't typically a nervous person, but his lack of knowledge concerning Lab 305 made it more difficult for him to keep calm. Hopefully Yves could answer the questions he had, or at least help him find someone who could.

"Wait, living bone?" He exclaimed, tilting his head. "How is it living? Does it eat? Move? I wouldn't know the first thing to do with a bone like that!"

Logue

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 pm
Yves allowed Oliver to gather his things, secretly feeling a bit sheepish for suggesting they sit at his table. Would life ever allow him to feel anything but awkward? He led the way to where his own things were located and pulled out a chair for Oliver before sitting down in his own seat.

"Living bone," Yves repeated, his tone serious. He set his book down and took a quick sip of his coffee. It had begun to melt a bit; he'd gotten distracted, he supposed, but it wasn't a bad thing. "It just... looked like a bone, really, but... it kept itself alive? It should have been dry and brittle, but it... wasn't. I think I kept it stored away for safety more than anything."

Drumming his fingers on the table, Yves added, "You know, it really does seem to be random, too. I didn't know what kind of fel essence I would receive. I just... woke up one day and got it in the mail." He tilted his head at Oliver, curious. "What kind... what kind of soul do you think you would like? For your Raevan?"

From experience, he knew that the soul one wanted and the soul one received might not end up being one and the same. But a soul was a big choice for an expecting Raevan. What kind of child did Oliver hope for? He tried not to stare him down as he awaited his answer.

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:22 pm
Oliver was relieved to know that a living bone wasn't something that ate or moved. The image he'd originally had was more reminiscent of a horror movie than a bone that simply never grew brittle. That sounded a lot more innocent.

"Oh, that makes so much more sense!" He exclaimed, smiling. "It sounds very interesting, though. What do you suppose is keeping it alive? Some sort of magic?"

He took a quick sip of his coffee before sucking in a breath at Yves' question. W-was he supposed to be thinking about that? He honestly hadn't given it any thought! He gripped the side of his coffee cup and sighed.

"Ah, no, I haven't thought about that yet." He admitted, wincing in embarrassment. "But, now that you've posed the question, I suppose it's something I should be considering. ... Maybe something floral? I do like nature."

He paused again, clearing his throat, and looked to Yves curiously.

"Erm, what soul have you chosen?" He asked.

Logue

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:38 pm
Magic? Yves couldn't help but laugh a little, too. He still had no idea how fel essences functioned or even really existed, but "magic" didn't seem so far-fetched anymore. After all, this was Gaia. Stranger things were possible, weren't they?

He twiddled his thumbs and gave Oliver's question some careful thought. He didn't really like talking about the soul he'd acquired, if only because of the circumstances that had led to his soul capture. He couldn't get the sounds or the sight out of his head very easily. When he came back from his thoughts, Yves realized he had been staring down at the table. He looked up at Oliver with a grimace.

"You might not believe it, but... my soul was a wolf." Almost immediately after he added, "But, but not on purpose. I didn't... I didn't want him to..."

He trailed off, brow knitting. "The soul capture was the hardest part."

Lavender Hues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:47 pm
Oliver tilted his head as Yves twiddled his thumbs and hoped that he hadn't asked something that made the other man nervous. After all, he didn't have many connections in Lab as it was, he didn't want to drive him off by asking an uncomfortable question. He leaned back in his chair and raised his coffee to his lips, before gasping at Yves' answer.

"Really? Goodness!" He replied, a small grin slowly forming. "Wolves are marvelous creatures. I almost can't believe that we, as a race so long ago, managed to domesticate them. It's incredible."

He paused, a look of concern sweeping across his brows, and he slowly leaned forward.

"Do you mind if I ask what happened?" He asked. "... I mean, if it's still something rare I wouldn't mind if you didn't, but... I can't help but be curious."

Logue

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:05 pm
Yves leaned back in his chair and sighed. He hadn't really talked to anyone about his soul capture. Watching an animal die in front of himself was not what he had been hoping for. Not by a long shot. He closed his eyes.

"There was a... dog. Well, not a dog. We thought he was a dog. My friend -- it was his dog. Wolf." He shook his head. "The do -- wolf was very old, though. But he got hit by a car. I... I made the decision, and now I wait to see what kind of Raevan George will become." He looked away, toward the counter of the coffee shop. His coffee sat on the table in front of him, and it took Yves a moment to remember it.

"Not all soul captures will be like mine, though," he said, taking another sip off of his coffee. He shook himself out of his funk -- best not to scare the poor man. "Most of them, I imagine, are very peaceful. I just... was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess. Most people, I imagine... I imagine most people weren't so sad about their soul capture." He laughed a little at that. "In the end, I still cannot wait to see what my Raevan is like. So it is a lot of stress, and sometimes... sad, but like I said, it will all be worth it."

Lavender Hues

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces