Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Oral sex questions:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:36 pm
Soo.... I used to have an ex lover which I would take to the park to receive oral, now, this was during my sophomore year (last year) and this was my first time receiving oral and any form of sexual contact with a partner. However, this wasn't her first time giving oral, from what she told me, she once had some bisexual fun with a girlfriend and her boyfriend, and she sucked him off. Now, I'm somewhat curious, are there any diseases I should go test myself for?? It's not that I feel sick at all, I just wonder whether I should for my own safety, because it has been quite some time since I last studied STI's butI remember hearing about one that is harder to track down in your body?? Just curious, and thank you to anyone who can respond back. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:37 am
STDs can be transmitted through oral sex. The person giving oral sex is at a greater risk of getting an STD than the person receiving oral sex. But the risk is there for both. So it wouldn't hurt to get tested. You can go to your regular doctor or a clinic like Planned Parenthood. You can read more about STDs and ora sex here: http://std.about.com/od/riskfactorsforstds/a/oralsexsafesex.htm  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:02 pm
Thank you for your assistance maddam smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:39 pm
Just because she had a partner or multiple partners does NOT mean she has STDs. I think you're being super ******** paranoid, and you can normally see warning signs of a STD anyway.  

Bo-Bae Eun

Space Otaku

9,000 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Timid 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Little-Lenah

Incredible Lover

15,925 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:55 pm
Bo-Bae Eun
Just because she had a partner or multiple partners does NOT mean she has STDs. I think you're being super ******** paranoid, and you can normally see warning signs of a STD anyway.

Woah there. There's nothing wrong with what they're asking/concerned about. Heck, its actually good that OP is asking questions and wanting to get tested. Its always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to health concerns.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:13 pm
Little-Lenah
Bo-Bae Eun

Woah there. There's nothing wrong with what they're asking/concerned about. Heck, its actually good that OP is asking questions and wanting to get tested. Its always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to health concerns.

I agree with Lenah.

Of course just because she's had past partners does not mean that she has an STD. But it does mean that she could have one.

And that means that it would be wise for her and her partners to get tested.

Especially since it's not true that "you can normally see warning signs of a STD anyway."

The truth is that most people with an STD have no symptoms at all.

That's why you ideally should use condoms even if your partner looks "clean," get tested regularly, and ask your partner to get tested.

So, while the original poster's sexual history would be considered fairly low risk and he shouldn't lose any sleep over it, it's not considered risk-free and testing is therefore not a bad idea. (And asking a question is never a bad idea).  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:55 pm
It's alright, I'm clean. I talked to her about the entire thing, and she told me that when her mom caught us a little while before our breakup, she was tested, and turned out to be safe, and I decided i'd go and check myself anyway, and I'm clean myself, which I personally find a little odd because we both did it unprotected, but i'm glad I'm safe nonetheless. Honestly I regret not testing myself and looking up the risks earlier though. Oh well I guess.  
Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games