Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Ledford Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tamoketh

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:29 pm
Gregor Ledford
Pureblood :: Born 1/24/1990 :: Ravenclaw '2008
((NPC for now))

Ailsa Ledford
(maiden name Shaw)
Pureblood :: Born 9/25/1993 :: Slytherin '2012
((NPC for now))

Tobias Ledford
Pureblood :: Born 2019 :: Unsorted

- Accepted by Weasley 8/31/15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:35 pm
........Tobias Ledford........
Nicknames :: Tobi

User Image
((Still pending face claim))

........................ General ........................

Birthday
..........:: 28 November, 2019
Dream Job
......:: To work in the Ministry of Magic, in the Department of Magical Transportation, in the Apparition Test Centre
Blood Status
...:: Pure Blood
Appearance
....:: Owen Best ((Still pending face claim))
Interested In
..:: Girls
Relationship
...:: Single... I'm only eleven!

........................ School ........................

Year
................:: First
House
.......-.....:: None
Wand
..............:: 8.5", Mahogany wood, Dittany Stalk core
Pet
..................:: Bearded Dragon named Diablo

........................ Personality ........................

..:: In A Nutshell ::..
Tobias tends to be reserved in nature because of his past, preferring to stay out of the spotlight and away from judging eyes. His lack of self-confidence only helps to exacerbate the problem. While being a little shy when first meeting someone, he tends to open up quickly to people who gain his trust. When someone does gain his trust, he becomes a very loyal friend that stands by others regardless of danger. For fear of failing his parents' expectations, he tends to complicate problems and overthink solutions, usually resulting in failure. However, he is very passionate in the things HE loves (not his parents, family or society), and without pressure he succeeds, often going above and beyond. When he is faced with the mundane (to him), he is easily distracted by anything he finds strange, interesting or exciting.

..:: Backstory ::..
Tobias's story starts with his parents, Gegor Ledford and Ailsa Shaw. Both of them were accomplished in the magical world and up and coming in their areas of expertise. Ailsa was a brilliant witch studying potions, while Gregor had just been accepted into the Ministry of Magic in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. They met when Gregor, who was in the Department of Intoxicating Substances at the time, was investigating a case where certain normally innocent substances were said to be turned into highly alcoholic drinks. Ailsa was the primary contact during the investigation and was not only eager to help the Ministry of Magic, but also curious in learning how such a mixture was made. Her dedication and curiosity attracted Gregor, while his passion and intellect attracted Ailsa. Both began to meet each other after the case, developing a strong friendship that blossomed into love. When they got married they decided to try and have a child. Soon after, little Tobias was born.

While Tobias was growing up, his parents were able to continue and excel in their fields; Ailsa joined and became a prominent member of the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers, while Gregor moved to the department of Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects in the Ministry of Magic. Their accomplishments and Tobias's early success while growing up led them to have high hopes for his future, something that Tobias came to hate. It was not that he would struggle often or would fail a lot, but so much was expected of him simply because of the accomplishments of his parents. Friends and family would expect greatness of him and anything less would sometimes be cause for disappointment. This would cause him to try too hard or overthink things, often ending in failure again. Because of this, his confidence was torn down and he often failed to see the things he truly, greatly excels at. Going to Hogwarts is not only something that his parents wanted him to do, but was also something Tobias really wanted. Not only would this be an environment where the expectations of him would be the same as for any other student, but also was away from the watchful and judging eyes of his parents.

..:: Enjoys ::..
-Spending time in nature
-Learning about different kind of spells
-Doing what he wants to do, not what he feels forced to do
-Animals, magical or otherwise
-Solving problems and puzzles

..:: Hates ::..
-People mistreating others for something they can't control
-Large crowd of strangers
-Unrealistic expectations
-Arrogance
-Suffering

..:: Fears ::..
-Being tortured

..:: Merits ::..
-Creative when it comes to problem solving (though only in things HE likes)
-Has a good attention to detail

..:: Flaws ::..
-Doesn't have a lot of confidence in himself
-Can overthink simple things, looking for complex solutions

Tamoketh

Loyal Gatekeeper

Tamoketh

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:02 am
:: Posting ::

[align=center][color=steelblue][size=20][b][u]Tobias Ledford[/u][/b][/size]
[b]YEAR:[/b] [i]first[/i] :: [b]HOUSE:[/b] [i]unsorted[/i]
[size=8][i](You can click the picture to view his profile)[/i][/size]
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24780107][img]http://i.imgur.com/sKwzGFr.png[/img][/url]

[/color][/align]
[/color][color=#315B7E][b]""[/b][/color][color=steelblue]
<[/color][i][size=11][color=#315B7E][/color][/size][/i][color=steelblue]>

:: OoC ::

[color=firebrick][size=10](([b]OoC[/b]))[/size][/color]
[spoiler][color=firebrick][size=10]
[quote=""][/quote]
[quote=""][/quote]
[quote=""][/quote][/size][/color][/spoiler]

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff