“ASKER! Bring that back!” She shouted as she darted after her blue and gold brother with a scowl on her face. She had been working on a shell stringed necklace and had almost finished it when he had come up and snatched it from her. “I was working really hard on that!”

He couldn’t help it, it was just too perfect. Nelly was just the ideal target for him to practice his thieving. Though of course what he was doing right now was blatant, but still. He had slowly slinked his way closer and closer to her and then when the moment was right he struck. He pounced and snatched up her necklace, delicately of course, and took off with it between his teeth. He was going to relish his victory for a little while before giving it back at least. He chuckled as she shouted and raced after him and he turned around once he was a good distance from her and wigged his hind end in the air behind him as he set the necklace down on his front paws momentarily. “It’s mine now! And don’t worry, I won’t hurt it.” He said before snatching it back up and darting off before she could catch him

He better not ruin that necklace! She bounded towards him and realized she would never catch him and then when she saw the look on his face she knew he was just jesting with her. This made her worry a little less, but still. It had taken her a while to find the right shells to make it look perfect! “I’ll tell mom!” She always like to play that card, but then she got a mischievous look on her face and stopped chasing him and then smiled. “Or better yet, I’ll tell dad.” She said knowing that above anyone he wouldn’t want dad involved. Sometimes it was nice to be siblings, though often times he was a pain in her butt.

His moment of triumph was ruined as soon as she said the word Dad. He could handle mother, it was father whom he didn’t want to cross. With a sigh his tail went limp and he turned around and sulked back over towards Nelly and handed her back her work. “You know how to take the fun out of everything.” He said with a pout as he flopped his furry behind down in the sand and refused to look her way. Of course he was only messing with her, but it was part of the fun. Who didn’t like to be pretend mad at their sister?

She had a smug little look on her face as he woefully brought her back her masterpiece and set it down before her. “Well if you wouldn’t take MY things then there wouldn’t be anything for me to take the fun out of ya know.” She said as she nuzzled the side of his neck affectionately. “You know I LOOOOOOOOVE you Asker.” She said giving him a wet lick on the side of the cheek and then snatched up her necklace and ran away with a giggle.

He sighed and rolled his eyes and looked at her for a moment. “Well, who else am I supposed to practice my thieving on?” He said heavily with downcast eyes and then made a disgusted face when she liked him. “OH! COME ON!!” He said wiping his cheek with the back of his paw as she darted off with a flurry of laughter. He then joined in the merriment and took off after her his long legs carrying his wiry frame after her quickly. “I’m going to catch you!” He shouted with a laugh as he raced through the sand.

She squealed and laughed as she figured out which way to run. She knew he’d catch her quickly but she still figured she’d give it her all. She ran towards some washed up tree branches and jumped atop it and set her shell necklace on one of the branches and then bounded off with a cry of laughter. “No fair! You’re faster than I am!!” She said giggling as she darted up a small sand dune with him in hot pursuit. She finally stopped and threw up her paws with a smile. “I give! I give! I surrender.” She said looking as innocent as she could.

He chased her quickly and then slowed down a little so she could do as she pleased with her necklace, though now that he looked at it, he really wouldn’t it call it art. He could see what she had been trying to do with it, but honestly, it looked horrible! He wouldn’t tell her that though. He’d let her believe it was beautiful if that is what she saw in it. Besides, not everyone had the knack for such tasks, though he was most certain if she tried more she’d get better. He bounded past the hanging necklace and after her and was about to pounce when she suddenly decided it was time to give up. He slide to a halt in the sand in front of her and furled his brow. “Awww.. I almost had you.” He said and then pounced on her anyway. “I still gotcha though!” He bounded off and then circled back around and laid down in the warm sand next to her, his tail flicking over to swat hers.

“HEEEEY!” She said as she was abruptly knocked over into the sand by her brother. She, however, decided she had worn herself out enough by all that running. She let out a small yawn and then leaned against asker as he made himself comfortable next to her. “I’m going to take a nap okay?” She said as she snuggled in close and laid her head across his front legs.

Of course she’d want to take a nap now! “I’ll keep watch, you can rest all you want.” He said with a smile as she made herself comfortable on his legs. He stayed up, while she rested and all was right in the world.

[WC: 1016]