Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:00 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:00 pm
Quote:
“Ezra, don’t!” Elijah called, pulling at his brother’s tail. Their mother had left them hidden in a small cave, but while Elijah was willing to wait amidst the monotony, his little brother, it seemed, was not.

Quote:
“I won’t be gone long,” he returned, neck stretched to see as much of the outside as he could. With a brisk motion, he tore out of Elijah’s grasp and bounded towards freedom.

Quote:
Cygnus moved through the forest at the edge of the cave's clearing. She had noticed of course the presence of the small family around. She was sure her seethrough winged mate was bounding around out there somewhere. When she heard bickering coming from near by she would witness a darker toned pawed youngling moving from the mouth of a cave. She would move closer, humming lightly out towards the youngin. "Does your mother know you're leaving?"

Quote:
Ezra froze, at first glance mistaking the iridescent tones and shining horn for his mother. He soon caught his mistake, but not quick enough to hide the guilty look on his face. “Um...yeah!”

Quote:
Elijah shrunk even deeper into the cave at the sound of the stranger, his long legs trembling. He couldn’t simply leave his brother to fend for himself, however; gradually, he began to inch his way to the entrance, prepared all the while to leap back into the safe rock’s embrace.

Quote:
Cygnus was a taller femme, taller than most, almost the height of her red stargazer. Her bobbled tail flicked a little in an up-down motion. The hyperhyrbid steadying as she saw the second one hiding deeper into the cave. Her eyes were well trained from her night watching. Her eyes moving back to the double wing. "You don't sound so sure little one." She didn't move from where she stood at the edge. The triple wing made her think of Teleri..

Quote:
Elijah peeked out, attention distracted by the curious bob of her tail. He had never seen one so short, and decorated so prettily with feathers, too. It was enough to disable his guard—at least until he realized she’d seen him. He withdrew his head with a squeak.

Quote:
Ezra rolled his eyes, but his brother’s timidity worked to bolster his own resolve. “I just didn’t expect the question is all,” he said with smooth confidence. It probably would have worked better if he didn’t jump when a bush rustled beside him. He looked sharply at the perpetrator of the sound, shoulders sagging when he saw it was only a squirrel and not, say, a certain parental figure.

“What about you? Does your mother know you’re here?” It never occurred to him that one could ever live without their mother.

Quote:
Cygnus watched them both steadily. She had barely a distasteful bone in her body so she looked at them as odd but adorable little ones. Her long hair moved against the Earth as light wind came to it. She would almost give a chuckle when she was given an answer with such confidence that diminished once the squirrel made its way between the Soquili. The thought of her own mother, Cygnus shifted her eyes from the male. "I am not that fortunate to have one, young stallion. But I think in some way.." She would look up with a softened glance towards the skies. "She does know I am here."

Quote:
“Oh.” Ezra looked up. “My mom watches me while flying, too. It’s just something they do, I guess.”

He stepped closer to her, assured by this point that she was not here to be mean or cause trouble. “Your hair’s really long, you know.” He poked at it with his nose, giggling at the silky texture. “You could play hide and seek in here!”

Quote:
It was one thing for Ezra to talk to a stranger, and quite another to play with her! Indignation overruling fear, he stepped out of his shelter to join his brother, though his wings were kept folded tight against his sides.

“Are you have fun? Without me?” It was meant to be accusatory, but he lacked the hard inflection and it only came off petulant.

Quote:
Cygnus realized how simple minded this colt was, and she didn't even make note towards the fact she lacked wings or the power to fly. She just smiled sweetly. She was sure the mother would want to teach her sons about the afterlife when it came time to it. Cygnus would not overstep her.

Watching the youngin with the eyes move under her hair she would blink and tilt her head, letting her hair pull up and waterfall out around her. The raccoons she had come to know would have freaked as their braids they tended to often would unravel. "It tends to grow very fast. I used to cut it but it just grows back." She would chuckle a bit more. She would notice Elijah move towards them. Moving her head down a bit to let her hair become a large curtain. "You are welcome to join him. My name is Cygnus Nebulae." She would state kindly. Possibly trying to find a way to make the timid one more comfortable.

Quote:
“Mine doesn’t grow very much at all!” Ezra sighed loudly, for had quickly grown affectionate of the trait (though he would likely change his mind if he knew of the responsibilities that came with it; the poor boy could barely be bribed and corralled into a bath). At Elijah’s emergence, he curled around it possessively, and stuck his tongue out at his brother. “You’re too late!”

Quote:
Elijah turned his head away bashfully, but smiled all the same. The mare was so sweet and polite, and her coat so colorful, too. He’d inherited his mother’s feathering, but none of her colors; he looked, in fact, too much like his father.

“Wouldn’t it hurt?” he asked, blowing a raspberry at Ezra. He and his siblings were not immune to squabbles, and hair-pulling was frequent during such times. “Oh! I’m Elijah.” A pause, during which it became clear that the etiquette simply flew over his brother’s head. “And this is Ezra.”

Quote:
Cygnus laughed a little at Ezra, "It is fun to have. When I was your age I had rather long hair already." She shifted on her legs a little, her unicorn traits showing up. She personally had no idea what short hair felt like, possibly a trait given to her by her Harpy mother who had long hair as well. Watching Ezra move around her hair, she was simply amused how much of her hair the little one could claim with his short body. Though she gathered, having two sets of wings definitely helped.

Upon the topic of Elijah being late she would answer with a soft tut to her voice. "No one is late, everyone else is just simply early." She was silently watching their dog like tails, she had known a family with them as well and wondered if they were related to any Cerynei like she herself was. "Playing in my hair? I have had it far to long to really noticed it." She said simply in answer. "When it gets caught on fallen trees however, that hurts." Cygnus gave slight grimace but nodded to Elijah as he introduced them both. "Your mother has good sense of names." A compliment.

Quote:
Ezra groaned, knowing his fate was sealed. Neither he, nor his mother, nor any of his siblings had anything resembling long hair; there would be no chance for him, and he must suffer the cards that had been dealt him with good stead. He wondered if it was possible for one to glue different stands together.

Quote:
Elijah brightened at Cygnus’ words. No one had complimented his name before, and the crest of feathers on his head and the base of his tail lifted with pride. Eager to please one so generous to him, he went closer to her with exaggerated care.

Quote:
Ezra rolled his eyes at his older brother, and pounced. The two were tussling in a moment, limbs and wings flying every which way.

Quote:
Cygnus would chuckle warmly moreso, these two were something else that was for sure! She missed her young daughter more and more now. She had found the young girl disowned by her family for not bearing a horn.

Cygnus saw the darker, redder male begin to brighten to her, a steady comfort growing at the pit of her stomach towards the shier of the two. She did not mind being in their general area. It settled her to know she'd be doing Rouxe some help. Noticing his feathers lift, her own feathers moved at the end of her tail. Flexing them oddly.

Once the boys were rolling around, the mare moved to the side a bit. Her movements were considered slow and well judged. Cantering in place lightly and then back to being still. She wished she had known this feeling. Her older brother was already and adult when she was their age and she could not play around like they were before her. "It must be nice to have a brother?" She would word to them.

Quote:
Like all of their scuffles, they were separated within moments, each panting hard but feeling gratified by their work. They were still young, too, their paws more stubs than claws, and didn’t have much to show for it but a particularly dusty and disarrayed coat.

Elijah was the first to stand, and he loped up to Cygnus, braver for the victory. “Brothers aren’t so bad,” he said, breathing hard and speaking slower because of it. He tried to mimic the motions of her tail when he neared, but the movements of his feathers had largely been instinctual rather than controlled, and he couldn’t get it just right. Dropping it for the moment, he instead asked, “Can we play?”

Quote:
Ezra lolled to his feet, the motions slow and purposeful. “I could live without,” he said, feigning indifference. He snorted at his brother’s question, but he wasn’t going to be the one to change Elijah’s mind and get them shuffled into the cave again.

“Yeah! We could even go exploring!”

Quote:
Watched them quietly as they played and then separated, smiling to Elijah, she would nod. "I do have an older one I guess they aren't. Though it's been awhile since he was near me." He was still in their motherlands. Her body moved a little but she let the two come back towards her. When he asked her if she could play, or if they could she tilted her head. And then hearing Ezra state he could live without. She would shake her head softly in amusement to such words.

Ezra's wishes to go exploring made her shake her head. "I don't think your mother would like having her sons leaving the place she put them with a stranger." As nice as she was, she wasn't ready to let herself give another mother a heart attack. "I don't mind if you play in the vacinity? I am sure your mother has her hooves? full?" She questioned if she was hooved or if she had paws too.

Quote:
“Is he exploring?” Elijah wondered. He knew he had a second brother, too, but his mother didn’t mention him much except to say that he was with their father.

His eyes fell at her words, and he berated himself for forgetting the responsibility he owed to his family. At her next offer, however, all was forgotten. “Oh! That’d be grand! We could play tag—”

Quote:
“Or hide and seek,” Ezra finished. “Not it!” With that, he rushed off to hide.

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces