techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:48 pm
[ This is an AIM Log between Acacia ( techabyte ) and Adoration Sinclair ( Mahogany Sunset )
Please do not post unless one of those two people~ ]

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:57 pm
Addy stood in the forest, a great, flat chunk of bark propped up on a stump before her. Wooden bowls - more like flat pieces of wood with shallow hollows in them - littered the ground around her, each with a different color of paint. Some of them she'd taken from her mother and the blobs of color that seemed ever present beside her wings, while others she had created herself. This was the case for what she painted now, the shades and dapples of green that was the forest canopy. Each of her wings had a different color on the end of its pinions; her lower set could hole even more, thanks to its varying feather lengths. Her kalona wings drew sharper lines and scratched out mistakes with their claws, and her tail blotted the colors. Her body was a jumble of working parts, but when she painted, they all worked in harmony.

-------

Acacia wasn't used to being out and about. But he was growing bored of the world around him; growing bored of just lingering quietly in the forests and trying to figure out just where he fit in. His ears pinned slightly as he lifted his head, glancing around. The bone wings that caused his pain shifted, and he winced a bit at the creak that came with the movement. He paused some when he thought he saw something up ahead, and straightening his back, he moved that way. His movements were graceful and fluid, his head always held high and a dignified look on his features. Though he was small in stature, he was big in personality; and he could show just how big a Flutter could be! If given the chance, that is..

----

Taking a quick glance up at her surroundings again, Addy dipped her wing in more paint. Only, when she went to add a stroke to the bottom of the canvas, she discovered that the paint she left behind was... magenta? She stared at it in shock for a moment before looking between her feathers and the bowl of magenta that was even a little farther away from the rest of the greens. She had brought it with her just in case the salmon berries were blooming - did that mean there were some flowers out there? They'd have to be big bushes, if that swath of paint was accurate.

Looking back up, Addy searched for whatever the magenta was - and found not flowers, but a flutter. Her eyes widened a bit. "Hello! You're on my canvas," she said, not really accusing the male, who was still a bit far away, but more informing him. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to do about that splotch of pain on her canvas yet, but she supposed it depended on him.

----

Acacia shook his head, causing some of the neatly pinned green mane to shift and fall loose. He snorted and frowned. He'd have to find and bribe a raccoon to get it back where he needed it. Ah well. He had to get that itch out. His tail flicked behind him and he paused for a moment to take in his surroundings. It wasn’t until he heard something calling toward him did he freeze. His head snapped around, and after a moment pinned on the girl not far off. He stared for a moment, his eyes flickering over her bright colors. He couldn't make out details from the distance, but he could tell that she was... big? Was that appropriate? The stallion cocked his head some as the words caught up to him, and he let out a somewhat nervous laugh, as if uncertain about the thought of being in the way. "My apologies, miss! I did not intend to.. did you say canvas?" He asked, his eyes flickering over toward her. He squinted slightly to try and see what she was doing, and caught sight of the large bark, as well as something on the ground. His head tilted one way, and then the other, before he moved forward slowly and started toward her, hoping he wouldn't appear to be a threat, or that his wings wouldn't scare her off.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:02 pm
Addy laughed as he came closer, shaking her head a tiny bit. "No need to apologize, just um... Stay where you are?" He was smaller than she'd first thought; she had expected him to seemingly grow bigger as closing distance normally made creatures do, but he was small to begin with, it appeared. From the slightly closer viewpoint, she could see that his magenta was lighter in places, and there was something gold on his shoulder... And what she had thought were flutter wings were actually bones protruding from his shoulders, some kind of webbing between them. The reminded her almost of one of her own sets of wings. "I did say canvas," she confirmed, waving one of her paint-covered wings. The liquid shone in the forest-muted sunlight. "Shall I finish painting you, or would you rather not be in it?" Her knife was strewn among the paints somewhere, she knew; all she would have to do would be to scrape the color off the bottom of the bark.

----

Acacia paused easily when she asked him to, and his head tilted curiously to the side. He lifted one of his front hooves, trying to keep himself still before he glanced toward the paints. His wings shifted slightly again, folding as flat to his back as he could, and resisted wincing. She blinked at her curiously and let his gaze travel down along her body. He paused though, at her wings, counting slowly. Three on each side... six wings? That... was unusual. His gaze flicked back up toward her, and he let a slight smile shift onto his features before shrugging lightly. "No worries... Would it help if I stayed here, or would you prefer I move out of the way? I do not mind either way, miss." He said easily, his eyes flickering toward the bark once more. Where had she gotten that from?

---

Dipping her feathers back in the magenta paint, Addy finished drawing out a rough shape that matched his pose, and then found a darker green for the swirl of his mane and tail. "You can stay there. You're not in the way, since you're already on the canvas." With a glance up, she flashed a grin at him, then looked back down at her work. Her tail quickly sketched out the curls of his tail and mussed mane, the green vines strung around his neck. The rose that hung there was surprisingly easy; all it took was the side of her tail to lay paint on the bark in smaller and smaller layers. For some reason, she found that one of her claws had dipped itself in gold. Next thing she knew, a gold butterfly had landed on the rose she'd just painted. She tilted her head at the painting. She had to be picking up details from somewhere. "You can come closer again, if you'd like." How much time had passed as she'd painted in the quiet air, Addy didn't know.

---

Acacia rolled his shoulders slightly and then slowly waited. He didn't want to accidentally ruin it; didn't want to interrupt and make her art ruined. He watched her with sharp eyes, taking in every small detail of the way she moved. She seemed so... willing to paint him. his tail flicked slightly, and after a small movement, dropped his ears back. He waited for a few more minutes and then moved forward and to her side, eyes flickering toward the art. He blinked curiously and tilted his head. After a moment, he leaned in some and let a small smile break out onto his face. "Well... That looks amazing. Do you often do art? I have never thought about art like this." He said gently, his tail giving a small flick behind him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:23 am
Addy moved slightly away as he stepped closer, giving him room to study the painting without encroaching on his space. Then her face heated so much that she was glad for the dark fur that hid her skin from view. "Th-thank you," she stammered, eyes flickering to the painting before casting downward. The canvas wasn't all that outstanding, surely... She liked to look at it, but all it was was a bunch of various shades of green with a rough pink horse shape at the bottom. The only things even detailed were the rose and the butterfly. "I... Art kind of runs in my family," she said softly. "My mother makes sculpture things, my grandmother does all kinds of different things... I like to paint." She jumped a little as a few strands from his tail flicked over her skin. "Do you do a different kind of art, if not this kind?"

---

Acacia shifted a bit as he analyzed the picture. HE couldn't make out finer detailed, but he could get a few of the difference in trees... shockingly. His eyes dipped a bit before he looked over toward the mare again. He smiled softly and tilted his head, before letting out a small hum. "Ahh. I see. Well I bet you all have lovely art, don't you? If this skill is anything to go off of." He murmured, before blinking at her. The stallion had to look up slightly to keep eye contact, but he didn't really matter. "Oh? Me? I do poetry." He said gently, smiling toward the mare.

---

Despite being covered in paint, Addy grew flustered at the praise. She nodded a little shyly to him. "We're all very different from each other, though..." Her gaze flicked up from the ground to meet his for a moment. His eyes were near the same color as the bark behind the painting. "Poetry?" she asked, eyebrows raising slightly beneath her bangs. "Any particular kind?" Most of what she knew of poetry was that some rhymed and some didn't, but it was usually spoken aloud. She wasn't sure she'd actually heard any before, either.

---

Acacia shifted a bit to watch her, and when she started to question his own version of art, he smiled. He liked to describe his methods; but why explain it all. His wings shifted slightly and made a small creaking noise, before he took a deep breath and steadied himself. "When I have ceased to break my wings Against the faultiness of things, And learned that compromises wait Behind each hardly opened gate, When I have looked Life in the eyes Grown calm and very coldly wise, Life will have given me the Truth, And taken in exchange my youth." He said, the words flowing rhythmically. He smiled at her and shrugged his shoulders. "It just... comes naturally I suppose."

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:24 am
Adoration's eyes widened as he spoke, and she realized that he meant to tell her by demonstration. She listened with ears shifted toward him, her gaze focused on him in awe. The poem was some kind of sad and very cynical, in her opinion, once she processed the meaning of the words. "You just... composed that in these few seconds?" she whispered. It was intriguing, to see a new facet of this stranger. But - maybe he could be her friend be more than just some random stranger she'd met in the woods. She needed more artistically inclined friends. Witness wasn't too inclined, after all, and while Addy had her family, they weren't the same as having friends. "I'm Adoration," she said. She paused for a moment, looking at him, and then realized that what she had just said could also sound like she was stammering out a compliment - and she had already stammered enough today for that to be a possibility. "I'm - I mean - that's my name. Adoration Sinclair."

---

Acacia smiled toward her and nodded his head lightly. He shook out his mane a bit to ensure that the stray green tangles didn't get in his eyes, before letting his ears flip up and his eyes lock on the mare. "I have a way with words, I suppose... A gift." He mused, before laughing easily. He let his eyes flicker toward her painting. "Much like yours." He commented, nodding toward it. When she said her name, he blinked lightly in confusion, before she stammered out what she had meant. He laughed and nodded, before dipping his head lowly in a bow, his eyes flicking up to meet hers. "It is a pleasure, Miss Sinclair. My name is Acacia." He stated matter-of-factly.

---

Smiling sheepishly, Addy returned his bow, though hers seemed much lower than his; the height difference made everything seem slightly out of proportion. "The pleasure is mine, Acacia." She said his name carefully, trying to form her mouth correctly around the strange word. It sounded familiar to her, but she didn't know where she might have heard it before. "Please, you can call me Addy, if you'd like. It's much simpler. And you do have a gift with words, that much is certain." Her eyes flicked back to her painting, following his. "This, meanwhile, is something that can be taught. Maybe not the content, or the style, but the technique can be." Turning her eyes back to his, Addy's smile became confident again as she wiggled her wings, feeling the cool air on the drying paint. "What are you up to? I've not seen you in these woods before," she said. It was entirely possible that he had been here before, of course, and she had just not seen him; the way she got focused, he could have seen her half a dozen times and she would have never known.

---

Acacia shifted slightly in front of her and analyzed the painting. It was very well done. By the way the colors all meshed so well together, and then he was there, standing out aganst the green. He always stood out against the world though. Oh well. His tail flicked slightly behind him, and he tilted his head toward her with a small smile. “Addy. I like it.” He said softly. He shifted a bit and moved to the other side of the larger male, so that he could analyze it from another angle. She had a great technique… even if it was able to be learned. He’d never been able to paint like that. His wings shifted slightly and folded carefully again, before he smiled. “All the same, you have amazing style.” He said simply. He glanced at her at the question, his head tilting to the side before he laughed softly and shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t usually venture this far from my parents herd… I have been going farther out in search of… something. I’m not quite certain what I’m looking for, honestly.” He mused, before shaking his head and glanced at her once more. “Perhaps an adventure…”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:43 am

WOOPS WORD SAVES THINGS FUNNY HURR.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff