Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre
Marvel Comics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:25 pm
Marvel.

Marvel comics has produced some magnificent and definitely well-known comic super hereos. The most reknowned heroes are the Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men, Deadpool, and many, many more.

Marvel has definitely made a stand out with it's increasingly popular Avengers movies, and the Captain America movies as well! There's a lot of hype around the new coming Deadpool movie as well!

I believe it's safe to say that Marvel, at some point in our lives, has definitely made an impact on us. Maybe you're in touch with the characters, like the franchise, maybe you cosplay, or maybe you even collect a lot of cool merchandise!

Whichever it may be, this thread is for the discussion of the Marvel series. I encourage you all to post any cosplay pictures you may have, and even talk about some of the comics or movies that you love!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:51 pm
I Love all of the Marvel series, especially the movies. With the Avengers I like Thor the most and think that the Hulk is funny. I will never forget when the Hulk smashed Loki in the avengers movie. It was funny that he was not impressed by Loki claiming that he was a God. Patrick Steward did as wonderful job in the Xmen movies as he did in Star Trek. I can't wait to see all of the other villains and superheroes that are going to be in future Avenger movies. I have seen Deadpool cosplayers but I don't know much about the character. I would to know more from somebody. Spiderman I've liked since the early days when they had the animated series.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:31 am
I'm looking forward to Doctor Strange, he is one of my favourite marvel characters.
My friend wants to cosplay the living tribunal or Dr. Doom. Depending on if I decide to do doom or some1 else. *probably wont happen until next year*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:35 pm
smithers456
I Love all of the Marvel series, especially the movies. With the Avengers I like Thor the most and think that the Hulk is funny. I will never forget when the Hulk smashed Loki in the avengers movie. It was funny that he was not impressed by Loki claiming that he was a God. Patrick Steward did as wonderful job in the Xmen movies as he did in Star Trek. I can't wait to see all of the other villains and superheroes that are going to be in future Avenger movies. I have seen Deadpool cosplayers but I don't know much about the character. I would to know more from somebody. Spiderman I've liked since the early days when they had the animated series.

Personally in the Avengers series I'd have to say Loki and Captain America are favourites of mine vuv It was pretty funny when the hulk flung him around in the movie though!

As for Deadpool, I think he might be more of an acquired taste for some people, if that makes sense! Cosplayers are known to be very obnoxious unfortunately, but some are quite funny! I find that with most Deadpool's, they either over do it, or make others feel quite uncomfortable. That definitely doesn't go for all DP cosplayers. vuv
He's quite an interesting character, and he's very well thought out too. He's quite sarcastic, but he's also well developed and caring of others and his friends, even though he definitely likes to pick fun at them. I'd suggest maybe reading some of the comics if you want to learn more about him ! : o

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:38 pm
Extreme Cuddler
I'm looking forward to Doctor Strange, he is one of my favourite marvel characters.
My friend wants to cosplay the living tribunal or Dr. Doom. Depending on if I decide to do doom or some1 else. *probably wont happen until next year*

Ah, that's awesome! Even if it will have to wait until next year, I hope you'll be able to do it!

I also can't wait for the Dr. Strange movie to come out : o
It seems like it'll pretty good, and definitely interesting. I'll admit I'm also excited to see how Benedict Cumberbatch will portray him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:49 pm
I love Marvel! I'm really looking forward to Deadpool! <3 Having Ryan Reynold's play him, is super awesome, especially since that is his favourite superhero! It's going to be a great movie! emotion_bigheart

I also love Wolverine! X-Men is one of my faves. Honestly, I can never choose favourites because I really appreciate and enjoy all Marvel movies. I have yet to read any comics consistently. But I want to get more into it. I do however, have a Black Cat Comic <3 I love Spider-Man and Black Cat! I cosplayed as Black Cat my second year of cosplaying. It turned out great, but my friend has yet to give me the photos he took of me!

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers