Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:05 pm
Civisect Mall

Welcome to Civisect's flagship mall! Reads the brightly coloured banner that hangs over the huge glistening main ground entrance doors. This building is huge, with high vaulted ceilings, artificial indoor moonlight, fountains, and even a waterway entrance for seadwellers coming in directly from the ocean. Shoving your way through the peddlers that flock around anytroll stepping inside the entrance, a pure and powerful display of pure capitalism awaits the eyes of every troll. Inside there are multiple levels of walkways bringing curious shoppers past storefront after storefront filled with every ware the spoiled troll could ever scream for. Beetle transfer machines, a huge arcade, several nourishment pits, water parks for both lowbloods and highbloods (separated, of course) and even a lusus day spa sit open and ready for business. Come, have fun, and spend spend spend.

The Civisect Mall is bustling with countless trolls trying to get your attentions and beetles. While there are lists of npc and player run stores below, there are also many more that are unlisted! Feel free to make up new locations in the mall for your trolls whenever and whenever you need to. If the location ends up becoming something you think other players would enjoy, consider submitting it as a npc establishment!

inspired/suggested by DraconicFeline  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:31 pm
NPC-Run Establishments
Creating a NPC-Run Establishment:
If your troll enjoys frequenting one or more stores that are not run by a player, but instead were conjured up to be owned by one of the many faceless npcs, they can visit this place whenever they like. Shops do not have to be listed in this directory to exist, players can make up new ones whenever they like. However, if you would like to list it as an official establishment that other player trolls can also visit, please pm the mule the form below.

[b]Merchant Review:[/b]
[i]I would like to commentate the shop below for it's location, charm, good prices, and historical value. For the aforementioned reasons, I vote for it to be one of the flagship stores in Civisect Mall.[/i]
[b]Shop Type:[/b] peddler, kiosk, or store. this is the size of the shop, and where it can be found. (peddlers: outside and in the entrances, kiosks: in intersections and the middle of walkways, store: one of the shops built into the actual mall)
[b]Shop Name:[/b]this can be anything from 'bobtrolls blanket hut' to 'my shop' to 'the whimsical boutique of glitterthighs'
[b]Goods:[/b] a description of what the store sells. food vendors, luxury clothing stores, recuperacoon repairs, and all other types of goods/services can be for sale.
[b]Store Description:[/b] the flavor text/description of what your store looks like - keep it appropriate for the store type.
[b]Owner:[/b] who runs this store/is behind the counter? a simple description of them with one or both names (or an alias), blood colour, and any notable quirks is all that is necessary.

Directory:
Shops
Quote:
Silver Shop

The store itself gives off an aura of exquisiteness. Its walls are filled with silver decor and their walls. A silver chandelier is in the center, its low light reflects with their products, giving off a lovely faint glow. Outside, the light reflected catches the attention of those who pass by.

Goods: They sell an amazing and expensive assortment of silver made products such as: sterling silver flatware, tableware, hollowware, gifts, jewelry, collectibles and more. They also have antiques, discontinued and obsolete sterling silver patterns and pieces at the cheapest prices (for a highblood.)
Owner: This store is own by two gentletrolls. One calls himself the Count of Argjen (Silver) and the other Mistress Brilanta. Both speak correctly and are soft-spoken and they do not tolerate when the common trolls window shop on their store front. If a lowblood were to enter, they would immediately kick them out. The Count is tall and lanky while the Mistress is petite and curvy.
- by ImaginationsParadise

Quote:
The Arcade

This is a large center of the mall, three times the size of a regular store. The front is fully open to the public, with painted black walls and a floor made of hue-coloured, glowing tiles. Inside various machines beep and bloop away, enticing young trolls who pass by to come and play.

Goods: The arcade purveys various games! If you want to add a game to the list below, please pm amicableAggressor.
Owner: The squat and sweaty owner of this store is a no-nonesense greenblood who spends his days stomping around and violently expelling any troll who would dare cheat at his games, or worse, damage the machinery. His thick and hairy forearms are excellent for lifting up trolls of any age, and throwing them across the street.

Games

Star Crossed Smooching Sweet Gerbil Weeder
A large, slick, plastic machine sitting beside the booth flashes with lights, and according to the simplified instructions taped to the monitor, will tell you the vital life-changing knowledge of what your soul gerbil is. All you have to do, it says, is answer a series of questions as they appear on screen, and kiss kiss have a good time right-on. Below the slightly mystifying final words are illustrations of what seem to be various toy prizes in capsules, and you guess the machine awards them at the end of the quiz. One play of the machine is B5, although with the crowds around it, and it's apparent popularity, you only have one play before you're thrust aside.

To get your gerbil toy prize, TAKE THIS QUIZ and write out a post of your troll playing the machine quiz (with their results!) in 100 words or more, while rolling 1d8 in the same post. This can only be done once per rp set in the mall.
Rewards: Gerbil capsule toy from the list below (dependant on the 1d8 roll). Collect them all!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click on the specific capsule won to view the toy figurine inside.

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:32 pm
Player-Run Establishments
How to run an establishment:
Trolls who wish to become purveyors of general goods must apply for licenses at the Civisect Merchant's Board, where they will be given a membership to the board, and be allowed to purchase a vending licence based on their current board ranking, store value, and stock value. This licence can be upgraded when a troll gets enough capital (beetles) to purchase a more costly license - as well as have enough sale records under their belt to qualify as a higher-ranking merchant.

Basically what this means is your troll will start with a Peddling Licence, allowing them to sell their goods from an open air cart, blanket, or other portable device. After they have had 5 other user's trolls make in-character purchases from their peddling location, they are a teen or older, and minimum two months have passed since they started their store, they can apply for, and will be granted a Kiosk Licence. Along with this, they will be given a permanent mall kiosk in the section of the mall related to their goods. Finally, after they have had 10 other user's trolls make in-character purchases from their kiosk, a minimum two months have passed since they last upgraded, and they are an adult, they can apply for, and will be granted a Store Licence. This entitles them to own an actual mall store, with storefront, where they may reign supreme with the power of vending!

An adult troll that owns a store can choose for it to become an official military outlet. This gives them the same military benefits that any soldier would receive, and exempts them from being drafted. In return they are required to sell a portion of their goods to the army at a bulk discount, provide free goods to the army during emergency situations, and serve all military personnel (including reserve troop civilians) who come to their shop at a discount.

For purchases, trolls that are repeat customers can be counted towards the number of purchases made, as long as they are 1) not over half of the troll's total sales and 2) not making back-to-back purchases in a short amount of time. Basically, if they just get their best friend to come and buy stuff from them until they hit 5/10 sales, it will not be counted. ICly, the purchases done by other players are supposed to be a small fraction of your troll's overall business, the rest is simply npc characters coming and buying from your shop. Think of it as each pc troll is 1 in 200 trolls that stop by your establishment.

If you want your troll's store to really stand out, players are totally allowed and encouraged to include dice rolling games, in character prizes, art of the goods sold, 'first time shopper' rewards, and any other things they can think of in their store's goods descriptions. Go nuts! The only thing we ask is that you make sure any extra mechanics are independent of your activity and availability, so you do not -need- to be on to ensure things are distributed. (ie: a crane game in your troll's shop. prizes should be listed in a spoiler for people to take home from rolling the right numbers, rather than having to wait for you to quote and post what they won).

Applying for/upgrading a licence:
Please use the forms below to pm the mule for getting a licence and upgrading it! If you do not want to change parts of your store during upgrades (ie sell more/different goods, change the name) simply mark those sections as 'null'.
[b]Application for Membership:[/b]
[i]I would like to become a member of the CMB, and be granted a licence for one (1) peddling store. I hereby understand that if I violate the Merchant's Code I am relinquishing the safety of my goods and personal health over to the CMB, and that none of my goods fall under Royal Alternian Contraband Laws #3487 #7758 and #26917(b5).[/i]
[b]Name:[/b] your troll's name with a link to their journal
[b]Goods:[/b] a description of what you sell. food vendors, luxury clothing stores, recuperacoon repairs, and all other types of goods/services can be for sale.
--
[b]Store Name:[/b] this can be anything from 'bobtrolls blanket hut' to 'my shop' to 'the whimsical boutique of glitterthighs'
[b]Store Description:[/b] the flavor text/description of what your store looks like - keep it appropriate for the current licence level.
[b]Quote:[/b] yes or no, if you'd like players who have their characters shop at your store quote you when doing so or not.

[b]Application for Kiosk Upgrade:[/b]
[i]I would like to upgrade my Peddling Licence to a Kiosk Licence. I hereby understand that by using any religiously-themed decorations in, on, or around my kiosk, any subsequent beatings and vandalism from cult members render my CMB goods insurance null and void.[/i]
[b]Goods:[/b] a description of what you sell. food vendors, luxury clothing stores, recuperacoon repairs, and all other types of goods/services can be for sale.
[b]Ledger:[/b] link to the 5 purchases that will be counted towards this upgrade
--
[b]Store Name:[/b] this can be anything from 'bobtrolls blanket hut' to 'my shop' to 'the whimsical boutique of glitterthighs'
[b]Store Description:[/b] the flavor text/description of what your store looks like - keep it appropriate for the current licence level.
[b]Quote:[/b] yes or no, if you'd like players who have their characters shop at your store quote you when doing so or not.

[b]Application for Store Upgrade:[/b]
[i]I would like to upgrade my Kiosk Licence to a Store Licence. I hereby promise to henceforth refer to any sort of economic gain as 'raking in the dough' and understand that, should I fail to uphold this agreement, I will be tarred and feathered, and sent out alone into the cold, cold wilderness to think about my mistakes.[/i]
[b]Ledger:[/b] link to the 10 purchases that will be counted towards this upgrade
--

[b]Application for Redecoration:[/b]
[i]I would like to apply for three (3) carpender drones to redesign, redecorate, or entirely overhaul my current vending location. I understand that anti-hemospectrum colour combinations or over five (5) colours used will be in direct violation of CMB's charter agreements and will earn me a fine of B7,000,000,000,000 as well as a 'Public Mennace' sandwich board that I must wear for up to three (3) perigees.[/i]
--

[b]Application for Military Sponsorship:[/b]
[i]I would like to apply for my store to become an official Royal Military Outlet and be placed on their list of associated stores. I understand and agree to the terms in both the CBM charter and Royal Alternian Military Co-Op Legislation #5748, and relinquish all rights to my goods, store name, store property, hive, lusus, quadrant mates, and all intellectual property should I be culled or otherwise be unable to continue providing the aforementioned goods and services.[/i]
--

Directory:
no player-run shops yet!  
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces