Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
I AM Semok and I AM Male, Legally!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Technically, Semok is just my middle name
  But good enough for me!
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:42 pm
Had my court hearin' today, and it went incredibly smoothly. And with that, I have legally changed my name and also legally changed my gender. I am still working to change everything on my records, though, but all in good time.

Also finished with my testosterone injections as of the 16th, so there's that over with. Without insurance, I can't get any more, but I think I've transitioned enough to pass, and the permanent changes are the only ones I really cared for.

So there! It's been a long journey, and I'm finally nearly there!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:01 pm
Congratulations yum_puddi  

Shikume
Crew

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:45 am
Thanks! Got it changed on my social security and birth certificate, and already contacted all my old schools. With any luck, I'll have the main stuff switched by the end of the week.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:01 pm
Congrats dude! biggrin I'm so happy for ya!  

Quiet Naiad

Anxious Enchantress

23,325 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:06 pm
nice! congrats  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:00 pm
Congratulations!  

Niteshade903

OMG Kaitlin

7,450 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Pusher 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:19 pm
Congrats!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:57 pm
OMG Kaitlin
Congrats!!!
THE HELL? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!  

Anaya the Bee

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:34 pm
Man, how time flies. So I've changed my name on all various important things except for my passport, which I plan to work on in the next week.

Also tried to grow my "beard," if you can even call it that, and mustache out at long as it can go. Not the best in the world, but it makes me happy, and it helps to disperse any confusion, since I'm also too lazy to get my hair cut so it's goin' long again.

It's a bit weird now, though, since estrogen has now taken over again, so I get to enjoy a certain monthly thing while still lookin' male. Also kinda sucks that so many students I subbed for still remember that I went by Ms. B last year, so they have fun tryin' to make fun of me, since apparently they think adults give a crap what kids say about them.

I've had some rather odd experiences, though. For instance, in one of my college classes, everyone else is not only an undergraduate, but also female, and they're always in there gossipin' on how they hate guys. The teacher always pokes fun at how quiet I am, since I'm the only guy in there. xd

Anyhoo, that's how things are now. No one really questions it, which is such an amazin' feelin', and my family is finally gettin' used to callin' me "he" and their son/nephew/etc. I was very lucky to have such a supportive family, since I know many don't get that luxury.

But yeah, thanks for the congratulations!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:03 am
Holy crap, congrats!! That's a major win right theree. Nice to hear you're getting the legal stuff taken care of.. sounds more than official now! Again congrats ~  

kero-chaaan

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:58 pm
Might as well do another quick update of a weird moment I had. I was applying for FAFSA as I do every year for student loans. This year, I got a letter in the mail, sayin' that my application could not be processed because I wasn't registered for Selective Service, a thing that all males must register for when they turn 18 and before they reach the age of 26. Thing is, I was not classified as male until I was 26, so now it was in my records that I was male and never registered. If a male fails to register for Selective Service before they turn 26, they are denied all federal loans, among other things.

So yeah, that caused a bit of a hiccup. However, I was incredibly lucky. In most cases, resolving this would have resulted in a lot of exchanges of documents over the mail and various forms to fill out. When I called the agency, however, I ended up gettin' on the phone with someone who had a friend who was goin' through the exact same situation, so the person told me to email them my information, and told me to write a specific subject line in the email so they could find me quickly among all the other emails sent to this agency, and they ended up gettin' my exempt letter to me the very next day, where as it usually takes 4-6 weeks.

With my continued positive experiences with various agencies, everything was resolved painlessly and quickly. In fact, it was resolved faster than most, thanks to my situation.

The only current situation that makes me nervous is a class that I have substitute taught for on multiple occasions, includin' the year before, when I had to go as Ms. Because of this, a lot of the students have becomes curious, and keep askin' me how I went from Ms. B to Mr. B. In this situation, which has happened before, I can usually brush it off quickly, but in this class, the students keep demandin' that I explain my "secret" into how I changed from a girl to a boy. I'm terrified that they'll go to their parents and the parents will complain and it'll cause problem, but nothin' has happened so far. This is also my favorite school to sub for, and I'm doin' my field experience for my degree here, so I'd hate for any problems to arise.

Oof, that was a long post.  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff