Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] Can't get you Outta my Head (Metea x Chimvi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:44 pm
User Image

Metea had gone around and checked in on all the cubs she had taken under her wing. She wasn't a full fledged nanny yet but she did have certain cubs that she had taken under her wing so to speak. Once she was happy that they were all doing well she began to wonder about the pride. She hadn't been actively thinking about where she was going but before she knew she looked she found herself looking at Chimvi's den.

Metea had met the beige lion a few days ago and since then she hadn't gotten him out of her head. At first she was sad for him he provided care for so many in the pride, but as far as she could tell he didn't have anyone caring for him. Not to mention she found the male super attractive. It was strange for her to find him attractive, usually she couldn't look at those who were sick at all, she felt helpless, as she never knew how to help them. With Chimvi it was different though she wanted to help him. She felt that she would be able to help him for sure.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:57 pm
User Image

Chimvi had done his rounds that morning, his bones aching as he patrolled the pride, visiting a few of the sicker people in their dens in hopes of providing them some comfort and pain relief. They had been grateful for his visit but he could see the shame in their eyes as they took his medicine. He knew that feeling, because he felt ashamed of his own weakness. He was dying faster than he should, he knew, but he had the advantage of his own medication to ease the process.

When he was younger, he had hoped he had been immune, but he had realised quickly that that was a hopeless fantasy.

He walked slowly back towards his den, his pace painfully slow. He would rest, before going out on his afternoon rounds. He spotted the female lingering near his den and he frowned as he approached.

"Did you need something?" He rasped, his voice rough and gave away his exhaustion.

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:10 pm
Metea surpressed a squeak from her lips. She realized she had been caught standing her looking at the males den and she had NO reason to be here. She shuffled her feet a little, this was really awkward she tried to search for a reason to be here something believable. After a few moments she finally came to the conclusion that the truth was as good of an excuse as any.

"I was, well I was here to see how you were doing." she answered him quietly. She hated that she was younger and feared the male wouldn't take her seriously. She already knew from their last encounter that he was a dreadfully proud male. She knew she had to soften him up somehow, some how she just knew she would be good for this male.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Chimvi was glad she didn't appear to be a liar, or at least she was willing to tell the truth, though he wasn't that impressed with the truth. He scowled. "Why would you bother? He scoffed, slowly walking past her to reach the mouth of his den. "You are not a healer, nor an apothecary, therefore you have absolutely no expertise to help me should I be doing badly."

He was. Doing badly. But he would die before admitting that. He stared at her, from the mouth of his den. "Don't you have something more productive to be doing?" He rasped.

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:42 pm
Metea frowned why again did she care about this male. She sighed, "No one said I was here because I had expertise in the area of healing... however no one said I had to be a healer to care." She turned and squared against him. She may be young but Metea had been forced to grow up rather quickly even though she was daddy's little girl she was also had helped raised her brothers.

"Nope I have already done all my rounds, I don't have to round back through till about dinner time." she told him. "I think perhaps using my time now to visit someone who clearly needs a friend." she told him. She narrowed her eyes and dared him to challenge her again. She could play this game all day, she had two brothers.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:57 pm

"Well you're not a healer, so why should you even care?" He said, gruffly. To Chimvi, he cared because he could help. If he couldn't help, what was the point of caring? They were all doomed anyway. Each and every one of them would die, and so what was the point of even trying.

"I do not need a friend," he said, in annoyance. "Friends are useless in this pride. Will it stop me dying tomorrow? No. Medicine will." He was so worked up that he felt his lungs sieze, and he coughed, trying to regain his breath but all that came out was a wheeze. He scowled as he focused on just breathing.

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:18 pm
Metea stood there quietly while she waited for the male to stop coughing. There was no purpose to pointing all the flaws in his argument out if he wasn't going to be able to hear them. Once the coughs stopped she turned back towards him.

"You are stupid to think that medicine is about medications alone. Even from my short time, and non-healer status I have seen it. Those who have something to live for. Something to be happy about. Someone that cares." She looked at him square in the eyes.

"After all its those that love us that make us who we are, what we are." she told him. The reason she was so passionate about this was because it was the whole reason she wanted to be a nanny. To give those cubs who didn't have someone else to care for them someone. What Chimvi was suggesting was to say her job was of no worth at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 pm

He wheezed, even after the coughing had stopped. Damn, he had bean really looking forward to a nap and now this female was delaying that. He was tired, damn it.

"And what about those people who have nothing left to give?" He responded bitterly. "They have no more strength to give, in the form of love or affection. There are so many people in this pride just focused on surviving. To say they need to give more...that would be simply cruel." He was exhausted. Couldn't she see that?

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:40 pm
Metea sighed exacerbated by this damn male. "You miss my point, I am not saying that THEY should have to give love to other. I am saying OTHER should give love to them. Just because I don't know how to heal someone, doesn't mean I don't have something else that I can give them... that I could give you." How could he not see the logic in what she was saying... it really wasn't that hard to get.

"You clearly need some rest. But I want you to think about what I said." she told him her voice filled with emotion. She needed him to understand this, but in all honesty she knew that even if he didn't she wasn't going to stop coming around. No it was clear to her that he needed someone in his life and come hell or high water Metea was determined to be that someone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Chimvi stared at her...was she saying...she wanted to love him? That was far beyond his comprehension though. Who would want to love him? He was a grumpy old skeleton just waiting to be burried in the dirt once his lungs gave up on him finally. He could help people with his medicines for now, but he knew he would not live a long life, no matter how much medicine he made for himself.

"I'm tired," he said simply and turned his back on the female. He moved slowly, his pace obviously laboured, as he walked into his den. He was trying hard not to think about what she was saying, but her words kept coming back to him, haunting him. He was annoyed. Females, he groaned, as he made himself comfortable in the back of his den, feeling the ache in his bones easing finally.

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff